Conquer Club

The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow Wolves win

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow Day 5

Postby Devante on Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:42 pm

Agree

VOTE SWANG
Major Devante

Postby Ewebasher on Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:44 pm

Yeah down to me and Swang I think so by process of elimination (given I know me)

Vote Swang
Captain Ewebasher

Postby degaston on Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:45 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:Dega, what say you in your defence?

If he had said he was a backup, that would have been completely different. As it was, I just thought that he had been paying so little attention that he didn't know that two people had already claimed seer.

I didn't think any discussion was necessary to reject a claim of seer and vote for him.

Also, I didn't realize that he was at L-1. I've been on my phone this week because of a new job, so it's harder to keep track of that stuff, and I had just been voting for him until shortly before his claim.

I'd vote for swang now, but I don't want anyone to accuse me of rushing it. :D
Brigadier degaston

Postby swang918 on Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:48 pm

SoN!c wrote:
swang918 wrote:A lone wolf could just type stuff into wolf chat to throw town off, especially since itd know that chat is monitored.

But i agree that 2 wolves is most likely

Yes he could on N4 but why would he do that on N3 when nobody but Pix knew about wolf radio?

Ok very good point
Major swang918

Postby swang918 on Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:53 pm

Guys think next vote hammers me. Pls unvote for now and hold off until i get some thoughts together.
Major swang918

Postby Devante on Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:54 pm

You're at 3 and I think we need 5 for a lynch
Major Devante

Postby *Pixar* on Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:00 pm

Iā€™m trusting Son!c and Devante with this one. I donā€™t think thereā€™s any reason to discuss any further. Sorry swang you are caught!

Vote Swang
Major *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby swang918 on Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:04 pm

Devante give me a pardon!
Major swang918

Postby degaston on Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:06 pm

Wait... why didn't Dev pardon Thor?
Brigadier degaston

Postby Devante on Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:10 pm

I was offline and they voted and Traf lynched before I could even post anything, Thor never asked which is why maybe Traf didn't wait but yes I would have most definitely pardoned Thor.

As for you Swang, I'm sorry but I can't don't think it's best for town and better to save for one of the confirmed roles. RIP wolfie
Major Devante

Postby Ewebasher on Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:22 pm

*Pixar* wrote:Iā€™m trusting Son!c and Devante with this one. I donā€™t think thereā€™s any reason to discuss any further. Sorry swang you are caught!

Vote Swang

That's a lynch isn't it? @Traf
Captain Ewebasher

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:42 pm

That was fast wait for scene
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby Devante on Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:13 pm

OK Night scene not posted yet so if anyone can protect me tonight, as for who to seer who we thinking; Ewe? or do we want to confirm Deg or someone else?
Major Devante

Postby Ewebasher on Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:20 pm

Devante wrote:OK Night scene not posted yet so if anyone can protect me tonight, as for who to seer who we thinking; Ewe? or do we want to confirm Deg or someone else?

Not sure anyone can do anything (at least not anyone Town) because Elder died... (wisdom lost, hence no village powers) Let us know what the after life is like...
Captain Ewebasher

Postby Ewebasher on Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:21 pm

And I believe that means even you can't see anyone...
Captain Ewebasher

Postby Devante on Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:22 pm

Well then, I'm useless tonight. Well if I can then I'm looking at you since you piped up first
Major Devante

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:44 pm

The wolves have confused the villager once more and the barber swang was lynched.

Swang

Allegiance - Town

Simple Villager
Your only weapon is the ability to vote and analyze behavior to identify werewolves and prevent the execution of innocents like yourself.

Ok with this this game is won by the wolves and a lot of things happened so I will proceed to explain. what happened each night and how some decisions were made.

Original Wolves were Strike the (Accursed Wolf Father), Ewebasher (Big Bad Wolf-I had modified this from the beginning he had a second kill 2 nights regardless of what happens with other wolves) and Pixar (Simple Werewolf), there was also Loose who was the White wolf but did not attacked a wolf as the wolves were outnumbered and was in the game in case wolves were so ahead so he could control them, but this never happened, quite the opposite the wolves were very unlucky. I had granted them some fake claims, But I will comment about this later.

With Strike Out D1 I granted Pixar the power of the AWF.

Night 1 Actions.

Degaston (Defender) protected Votanic (Elder)
Devante (Seer) asked for DDS (Judge) and got the info as town-judge
Loose attacked DDS as the wolves kill, then Pixar used the AWF power to turn him. Therefore DDS was infected but he was not aware of this
Ewe as the BBW attacked ragian and killed him.
Sonic (Cupid) made Fusi (Villager) and DDS to fall in Love
Charle (Scandalmonger voted for DDS)
Parked (The Witch no action).

Then on D2 with Max (Hunter) Mass murder the wolves lost their converted target. Another unlucky hit by the wolves.

Night 2 Actions
Deg protected Swang
Dev asked for LC and got the White Wolf return
Loose fest on Votanic as the wolves night kill and survived due to being elder
Ewe attacked Deg as the BBW
Rag as the witch resurrected Degaston

D3 Swang razored Loose.

I realized the wolves were gonna lose easily so I wanted to give a fighting chance and decided to grant another target for the AWF as the fake claims I gave them were probably not the strongest. (Lesson learnt) But I gotta admit both Pix and Ewe ideas for the way their claim works was amazing and I really liked them and would like to use those powers in a future game.

Here I was expecting 3 wolves Ewe, and the converted one vs 8 villagers, I thought it was gonna last longer. But here is what happened.

Night 3 actions

Deg protected Dev
Rag Killed Charle as the witch. Here is what I was not expecting at all
Dec asked for Charle got the scandalmonger in return
Pixar turned Dev as the AWF Dev was still unaware he was infected

Then on D4 poor claiming from Thor lose town the game.

I think I could have waited more before the scenes to give Dev the chance to pardon (Not sure if he was gonna pardon Thor or not tho).

I think wolves were very unlucky at the beginning and were sure to lose the game if they didn't get some help. But the town got a lot of chaos on N3 and D4 and that probably sealed the game.

I hope you all enjoyed the game. Playing with Day roles was experimental (The were handed at random but some interesting pairings for sure. I even mentioned to strike I though of switching him to vagabond so he did not draw attention as he did. But decided to stick the way the roles were handed). I am not sure if day roles really work on forums or not but was gonna try, probably helped town a lot at the beginning and wolves had little chance to counter them.

Anyway, I will probably hold another game in the future if there is interest with the lessons learnt.

GG everyone
General TrafalgarLaw01

Re: The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow Wolves win

Postby Devante on Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:57 pm

GG Traf, was definitely fun. Think the waiting to ask for pardon would be my biggest suggestion. With Thor I would have definitely pardoned as I feel things just happened really quickly. Otherwise, for a first mafia game I had a blast and the drama, although my anxiety level didn't appreciate it, oh the drama, was very fun.

GG all, and go puppies
Major Devante

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:59 pm

Wait I missed d3/d4 but if AWF power moved on then that's so unfair for town. I get balancing things because we got the lucky shot d1 but knowing theres no conversions we cant safely have confirmeds, knowing the AWF power was passed on (which is a reasonable thing to do imo, as long as you announce it).

Town imploded d5 because with Dev confirmed seer who could not be converted with the AWF dead, we got another confirmed Pix. It explains why Dev didnt die and if Town knew that AWF was in the game I dont think we speedlynch based on a Seer who should by all accounts not be alive.

I'm kind of upset about this.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby degaston on Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:03 pm

Maybe I'm missing something.
Why did Dev read Pixar as a little girl?
Brigadier degaston

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:06 pm

Because Dev was wolve by d5. Unexpected death of Charle and lynch on Thor I did not saw moved the things very fast for wolves.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:06 pm

degaston wrote:Maybe I'm missing something.
Why did Dev read Pixar as a little girl?

Because for some reason Mafia still had their conversion despite us killling the AWF. Dev got converted, but town had no way of knowing this was possible.

The moment you allow wolves to convert a confirmed townie without town knowing, town always loses. Unless there's not enough people to check, I guess.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Votanic on Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:09 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:Wait I missed d3/d4 but if AWF power moved on then that's so unfair for town. I get balancing things because we got the lucky shot d1 but knowing theres no conversions we cant safely have confirmeds, knowing the AWF power was passed on (which is a reasonable thing to do imo, as long as you announce it).

Town imploded d5 because with Dev confirmed seer who could not be converted with the AWF dead, we got another confirmed Pix. It explains why Dev didnt die and if Town knew that AWF was in the game I dont think we speedlynch based on a Seer who should by all accounts not be alive.

I'm kind of upset about this.

I'm with you this time E.W.
Moving the goal post like that kinda sucks.
Captain Votanic

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:09 pm

It's ok to rebalance a game d1 I guess, but it feels like such a shitty way to lose because there's nothing socially deducing we could do about this.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:11 pm

Anyway I barely played this game so I wasnt too emotionally invested, just felt like this game was basically confirmed won 6v2 and wanted to play it out cleanly rather than speedvoting as I wasnt in thread two days in a row. There's no way Sonic knows that if he votes wrong, wolves can end the game. Sonic played such a "clean" game too, changing up his meta.
General Extreme Ways

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives