Conquer Club

The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow Wolves win

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow Wolves win

Postby strike wolf on Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:32 pm

Wait...Wolves actually pulled this off? Yay!

For the record, I don't regret that I didn't try to fight the investigation and admitted that I had the revelation. I do think maybe I could have deterred him better before he had me confess but I didn't think he'd actually go against Town on a whim and do it and pressing too hard against it I thought would kust make me too suspicious. Also i kind of wish I had cast a little bit of doubt on Vot though by having the sudden revelation after my confession that Vot was the White Wolf and that's why he went against town and was so convinced to investigate me "to get rid of a strong wolf member and get town points for himself." I doubt it would push a lynch through against him but maybe cast enough doubt to get some night actions redirected towards him.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby degaston on Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:35 pm

Did the wolves know or suspect there was a White Wolf?
If so, did they guess who it was?
Brigadier degaston

Postby strike wolf on Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:41 pm

Balance wise. I do agree that giving the wolves a second extra recruit was too much. I kind of agree with the first as without it, I think the wolves were screwed and it was all because of our most powerful role randomly getting a role that the randomly chosen confessor decided was too powerful not to investigate. If I had slipped and revealed myself as scum, that's one thing but not because of bar luck. I could be biased though as I was looking forward to playing as scum again. Losing the N1 recruit because of a mixture of randomly chosen lovers and randomly chosen hunting target was no less luck but the cards had already been restacked once. I don't think it was quite the right move for them to be restacked again.

@Deg: We were not told anything other than our own role and who the other wolves were.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:49 pm

degaston wrote:Did the wolves know or suspect there was a White Wolf?
If so, did they guess who it was?

They did not know about the white wolf.

Actually i remember EWE said to pix somthing like "our only luck in this game is that Losse didnt killed one of us" after Loose was lynched
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby swang918 on Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:52 pm

So did Pixar make up the wolf chat excerpts out of thin air or did he actually copy paste real but unhelpful lines from chat? Mostly im curious whether sonic’s i reckon theory held any water
Major swang918

Postby SoN!c on Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:47 am

degaston wrote:Maybe I'm missing something.
Why did Dev read Pixar as a little girl?

2 afw conversions instead of 1 like the rulebook said, changing the rules halfway without mod notification, and confirmed seer Deve was the second conversion.. man no way to see this. No way in HELL

Well great game new players Dev and Ewe =D> =D> =D> =D>

And Thor made one HELL of a breadcrumb about him being the apprentice seer "keeping my head down but i see all". Then we cornered him and he was put in a dilemma: claiming and expect to die before he could see anything (seer powers transferring to next night, the night he would be N1 taget), or try to look like 3P.
Major SoN!c

Postby Loose Canon on Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:11 am

When I made the claim to be the seer and that Charle was Wolf my figuring was I had to take a guess at who the real Seer was and hoped it was Charle so that if he was I'd got my claim in first. Couldn't see any other way I could survive assuming everyone had followed Vots extremely shrewd plan.
Did Vot become White Werewolf later - somehow - some of the chat is indicating to me maybe he did? - if so how?
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
Major Loose Canon

Re: The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow Day 5

Postby SoN!c on Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:36 am

Ewebasher wrote:
Devante wrote:OK Night scene not posted yet so if anyone can protect me tonight, as for who to seer who we thinking; Ewe? or do we want to confirm Deg or someone else?

Not sure anyone can do anything (at least not anyone Town) because Elder died... (wisdom lost, hence no village powers) Let us know what the after life is like...

Powers lost happens only when the Elder is lynched by townies (according to the rulebook but then 2 AFW conversions was not in the rulebook either :lol: )

Man don't post the rulebook then in the opening post i'd say.. :evil: Bit of a Game of Thrones ending but great game =D>
Major SoN!c

Postby Ewebasher on Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:10 am

swang918 wrote:So did Pixar make up the wolf chat excerpts out of thin air or did he actually copy paste real but unhelpful lines from chat? Mostly im curious whether sonic’s i reckon theory held any water

N1 & N2 chat were real. Can't remember who said N1 but N2 was Loose (so SoN!c's theory was valid, didn't help me much I reckon ;) )

N3 Pix made up on his own and N4 we discussed it (as that was the first night we knew what Pix's claim was). We'd loosely picked fake claim roles but hadn't shared any details about how we were going to work them.
Captain Ewebasher

Re: The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow Night 4

Postby Ewebasher on Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:13 am

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:After a lot of confusion due to some extrange sayings from the apprentice seer, the village went to sleep with fear again.

At the next day, the elder and wisdom of the village has been devoured by wolves. Having lost their wisdom the village is confused and won't be able to use their abilities the following night.

Another Traf tweak here SoN!c... Elder's death did stop your powers
Captain Ewebasher

Postby degaston on Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:47 am

SoN!c wrote:Well great game new players Dev and Ewe =D> =D> =D> =D>

Vot may have been complaining a bit, but I appreciated your improved play. =D>
Brigadier degaston

Postby Extreme Ways on Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:48 am

Cosigned
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby degaston on Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:55 am

Extreme Ways wrote:Cosigned

Let's not get off on a tangent here. :D
Brigadier degaston

Postby SoN!c on Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:41 am

Look it takes time to learn mafia.. You just don't get born as Dega or EW or.. so nobody can play like Dega... on their first game..

That being said I was sure everybody was gonna love Ewe, i posted it even in the beginning of the game.

Posted Mon Jan 08, 2024 :
Ewebasher: A new player defaulting to backing more experienced players. A big talent and a true comedian on comments. You'll love this guy. Wait and see. No read on him sofar but tends to be town.
Guess i was wrong on the town part :D but that proofs the talent even more :D :D

This is also the first game i was thinking i could replay it as mod. Because there was a rulebook to follow :lol: :lol: . So if Traf wants to play werewolves sometime instead of modding it i'll give it a shot. :D
Major SoN!c

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:33 am

Wolves win? Who were the wolves?
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:59 am

Nvm. I thought this game was still going lol.

Let me get this straight though, i was attacked, bitten then forced to love Fusi only for Fusi to get offed by Max and then die?! Wtf is wrong with you guys?!

And why is Pixar always scum?!
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Devante on Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:08 am

I assumed pix was a scummier wolf too with a 3rd party role. I planned on seeing him tonight and throwing him under the bus during the day if true but didn’t realize game was over with last lynch. Might have pardoned swang to keep it going other wise lol. Either way lots of fun

If you want to run one Sonic I’m in
Major Devante

Postby SoN!c on Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:35 am

Devante wrote:I assumed pix was a scummier wolf too with a 3rd party role. I planned on seeing him tonight and throwing him under the bus during the day if true but didn’t realize game was over with last lynch. Might have pardoned swang to keep it going other wise lol. Either way lots of fun

Well yes, but i'll need a good amount of "prep time". Let me think on it if i can come up with something that would be cool to play
Major SoN!c

Postby Votanic on Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:51 pm

SoN!c wrote:
Devante wrote:I assumed pix was a scummier wolf too with a 3rd party role. I planned on seeing him tonight and throwing him under the bus during the day if true but didn’t realize game was over with last lynch. Might have pardoned swang to keep it going other wise lol. Either way lots of fun

Well yes, but i'll need a good amount of "prep time". Let me think on it if i can come up with something that would be cool to play

The important point, going forward. is to have all game mechanics written down and set in stone in advance.
Bogus ad hoc adjustments sends fair play off the rails. All sweet talk aside, this was basically a bastard-mod game.

If this Forum had the bandwidth for it (which it doesn't...), I would even recommend Game Umpires that would keep Town, Scum, and Mod in line.
Captain Votanic

Postby SoN!c on Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:12 pm

Votanic wrote:
SoN!c wrote:

The important point, going forward. is to have all game mechanics written down and set in stone in advance.
Bogus ad hoc adjustments sends fair play off the rails. All sweet talk aside, this was basically a bastard-mod game.

If this Forum had the bandwidth for it (which it doesn't...), I would even recommend Game Umpires that would keep Town, Scum, and Mod in line.

Does this mafia game "intrigue" anybody? :

Major SoN!c

Postby Votanic on Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:17 pm

SoN!c wrote:
Votanic wrote:
SoN!c wrote:

Does this mafia game "intrigue" anybody? :

Sure, vampires, like werewolves, are one of the great 'undying' metaphors of Scum... and that pic is rich in flavor, like a wild game steak, blood-rare of course.
Captain Votanic

Postby Charle on Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:00 am

Loose played very well by making town believe I was wolf. Even after my claim and I explained exactly what i did each night, still could not convince town.

Good game Trav, I really enjoyed it, cannot wait for your next one. Let's all join Strike's game now, looks like fun.
Captain Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives