Conquer Club

The Wild Beyond The Walls Mafia (13/13) Sign Ups closed

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Wild Beyond The Walls Mafia (13/??) Sign Ups

Postby Extreme Ways on Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:44 pm

Votanic wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:
strike wolf wrote:I think him getting banned from other sites is a bit too much of a red flag for me to include him when hes otherwise new and unknown. I know a few other mafia sites have a reputation for being fairly strict and I dont want to completely dismiss a potential new player. So if people are okay with it though, I could put him in as reserve and bump Extreme up to player.

Signs ups will officially close in roughly 3 and 1/2 hours which is a little after 3pm EST or 8pm in England.

I'm fine with that.

Do you usually go by this name DL?

WTF EW?
He's a random blue question mark.

Unless you know something the rest of us don't....

Btw, what is that avatar? It looks like a jungle-zombie cross between Qbert and that salt-sucker from the original Star Trek.

All I said is that I was fine with being bumped up to being a player. Imo, the lad is not a random blue question mark but a random red flag.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:49 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby SoN!c on Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:58 pm

Nice! Jean Reno was awesome when i was young - does that makes me old? :?
Major SoN!c

Postby Devante on Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:01 pm

If that comment makes you old then I must be ancient
Major Devante

Postby strike wolf on Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:08 pm

Sign ups closed. I am kind of backtracking and feeling more comfortable with 13 players and keeping EW and Ragian as replacements. I am hoping to have roles set up and sent out by end of day Friday.

OH and since I didn't mention it before this game will have both power roles and vanilla roles.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Deku Link on Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:46 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:
strike wolf wrote:I think him getting banned from other sites is a bit too much of a red flag for me to include him when hes otherwise new and unknown. I know a few other mafia sites have a reputation for being fairly strict and I dont want to completely dismiss a potential new player. So if people are okay with it though, I could put him in as reserve and bump Extreme up to player.

Signs ups will officially close in roughly 3 and 1/2 hours which is a little after 3pm EST or 8pm in England.

I'm fine with that.

Nope.
New Recruit Deku Link

Postby Deku Link on Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:47 pm

Votanic wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:

I'm fine with that.

WTF EW?
He's a random blue question mark.

Unless you know something the rest of us don't....

Btw, what is that avatar? It looks like a jungle-zombie cross between Qbert and that salt-sucker from the original Star Trek.

You know Qbert but you don’t know Zelda? Lol.
New Recruit Deku Link

Re: The Wild Beyond The Walls Mafia (13/13) Sign Ups closed

Postby Deku Link on Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:51 pm

Oh also my least favourite roles are:
Citizen
Villager
Townie
Vanilla Townie or any other Vanilla Variation
Self Cop
Self Tracker and any other variation of self roles other then good ones like Self Watcher.
New Recruit Deku Link

Postby Deku Link on Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:52 pm

Course that’s only in Role Madness/Closed Setup Games.
New Recruit Deku Link

Postby Votanic on Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:49 pm

Deku Link wrote:Oh also my least favourite roles are:
Citizen
Villager
Townie
Self Cop
Self Tracker and any other variation of self roles other then good ones like Self Watcher.

Having favourite roles is a problem right there. Mafia is a team game.
Any powers (and indeed, one's very existence) are for the benefit of town or scum, not personal amusement.

As for film adaptations, there are a number of 'Werewolf Game' movies from Japan and also several recent American/International ones.
Mafia Game adaptations are less common, with the Mafia: Survival Game made in Russia in 2016 being most prominent.
This is probably because the name 'Mafia Game' is less than ideal, being too easily confused with a story of actual organized crime.

Overall, the tropes and plots of murder-game movies intergrade with with stylized traditional 'whodunnit' murder mysteries (Agatha Christie, etc.) as well as psychopathic trickster films like Se7en and Saw.
Captain Votanic

Postby degaston on Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:35 pm

SoN!c wrote:
Deku Link wrote:Oh also sorry if this looks like spam may apologize.
I tend to talk allot sometimes and yeah, you can see how I am usually a top poster lol.
I share my thoughts allot.

Can you share your spam thoughts somewhere else? You know the saying, "If you have nothing to do please don't do it here". :D

Yeah! Spamming the thread is Sonic's job! :lol:
Brigadier degaston

Postby TeeGee on Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:11 pm

If it helps, I just ran a multi check and so far the account is clean.. I will check it again later though :)
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Deku Link on Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:15 pm

Votanic wrote:
Deku Link wrote:Oh also my least favourite roles are:
Citizen
Villager
Townie
Self Cop

Having favourite roles is a problem right there. Mafia is a team game.
Any powers (and indeed, one's very existence) are for the benefit of town or scum, not personal amusement.

As for film adaptations, there are a number of 'Werewolf Game' movies from Japan and also several recent American/International ones.
Mafia Game adaptations are less common, with the Mafia: Survival Game made in Russia in 2016 being most prominent.
This is probably because the name 'Mafia Game' is less than ideal, being too easily confused with a story of actual organized crime.

Overall, the tropes and plots of murder-game movies intergrade with with stylized traditional 'whodunnit' murder mysteries (Agatha Christie, etc.) as well as psychopathic trickster films like Se7en and Saw.

I try to do my best with a non beneficial role like Vanilla Townie or the equivalents by baiting night kill or just pushing/voting in a specific way that can be more beneficial to the game.
My slot as a VT is not as important as a PR.
So I do my best to make the role I’m given, do more.
New Recruit Deku Link

Postby Deku Link on Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:22 pm

I won’t deny me being called a Red Flag. I try my best to behave but I end up messing up. The community members on the sites don’t all dislike me, heck some may enjoy playing with me but yeah some people may not be interested in playing with me.
Especially the person on a (not main mafia site) site that I called them something I told them I would never call them and ended up not only feeling bad about it afterwards but receiving the perm ban. Plus I never got to apologize to them.

As for the main mafia sites however, to give you an idea there are 3 of them.

Mafia Universe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Syndicate

Probably the biggest mafia sites currently.
Not my origin site, of which no longer does FM and was the first site to give me a ban and funny enough uses a very similar Fourm format to this one. I also got a perm ban on that site before it stopped doing FM which happened about over 3 or 4 years ago now.

Anyway,
Perm Banned on Mafia Universe
Perm Banned on Mafia Syndicate
Almost Perm Banned on Mafia Scum, they gave me a last chance and I haven’t messed up yet.
New Recruit Deku Link

Postby Deku Link on Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:26 pm

What’s also funny is the site I recently got banned from had an old site that I got banned from, but then someone told me that the site got taken down and a member from there revived it into their own site and I’m allowed to play on there.
Yep, that lasted for about 2 years or so.

Unfortunately, even when people have tried to help me.
From that site the owner even tried helping me,
From 2 other sites a Mod tried helping me.
From my origin site a mod that eventually became head mod tried helping me but all in all each time I messed up.

Although as for Syndicate I stand by what I did.
I defended what I thought was wrong.
New Recruit Deku Link

Postby Votanic on Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:28 pm

Deku Link wrote:I won’t deny me being called a Red Flag. I try my best to behave but I end up messing up. The community members on the sites don’t all dislike me, heck some may enjoy playing with me but yeah some people may not be interested in playing with me.
Especially the person on a (not main mafia site) site that I called them something I told them I would never call them and ended up not only feeling bad about it afterwards but receiving the perm ban. Plus I never got to apologize to them.

As for the main mafia sites however, to give you an idea there are 3 of them.

Mafia Universe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Syndicate

Probably the biggest mafia sites currently.
Not my origin site, of which no longer does FM and was the first site to give me a ban and funny enough uses a very similar Fourm format to this one. I also got a perm ban on that site before it stopped doing FM which happened about over 3 or 4 years ago now.

Anyway,
Perm Banned on Mafia Universe
Perm Banned on Mafia Syndicate
Almost Perm Banned on Mafia Scum, they gave me a last chance and I haven’t messed up yet.

Well... I must say, at least you're not trying to oversell yourself.
Captain Votanic

Postby Deku Link on Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:48 pm

I somewhat enjoy going to new sites though because I don’t have a set reputation meaning I can make a good one.

I also like the fact I can’t get warned for twilight posting.
Like it’s annoying. Either I want to say some more stuff seconds after the day is suppose to end or I come in, go post some stuff without realizing the day ended.

Like I enjoy games that will either lock thread or allow twilight posting to avoid giving me a bs punishment.
New Recruit Deku Link

Postby Deku Link on Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:49 pm

I like to share my thoughts.
New Recruit Deku Link

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:07 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby strike wolf on Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:25 pm

@Teegee/Devante: Do you mind going ahead and locking this thread? I'm going to create a new one for the actual game when I'm ready to start it.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby TeeGee on Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:18 pm

Good Luck everyone
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives