Conquer Club

CC Map based on Taiwan or Taipei Metro?

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

CC Map based on Taiwan or Taipei Metro?

Postby All Black Rugby on Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:24 pm

Question, is there any interest in a CC Taiwan map?
Or does the political issue (of whether Taiwan is separate from or part of China) mean CC doesn't want a piece of it?

Or how about one based on the Taipei Metro map? (up to 139 stations). Wouldn't have much of a political issue.
https://english.metro.taipei/cp.aspx?n=1BE0AF76C79F9A38
Colonel All Black Rugby

Re: CC Map based on Taiwan or Taipei Metro?

Postby plurple on Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:22 am

All Black Rugby wrote:Question, is there any interest in a CC Taiwan map?
Or does the political issue (of whether Taiwan is separate from or part of China) mean CC doesn't want a piece of it?

Or how about one based on the Taipei Metro map? (up to 139 stations). Wouldn't have much of a political issue.
https://english.metro.taipei/cp.aspx?n=1BE0AF76C79F9A38

I think people are interested in new maps of all types. Need to check that the metro map isn't under copyright as I was planning on on the London underground that is copyrighted :(

I can't look at the metro map as it is failing to load for me so not sure how busy it is and so how well it would work as a map :)
plurple is not purple 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[
Major plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby All Black Rugby on Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:39 am

Need to check that the metro map isn't under copyright as I was planning on on the London underground that is copyrighted :(
ABR: there's nothing to show copyright on the Taipei Metro map. Would have to dig deeper to verify.

I can't look at the metro map as it is failing to load for me so not sure how busy it is and so how well it would work as a map :)[/quote]
ABR: it loads within 5 seconds for me, but is cached. Try again plurple.
It's a bilingual map FWIW, but would use English only for CC
Colonel All Black Rugby

Postby plurple on Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:50 pm

All Black Rugby wrote:
plurple wrote:Need to check that the metro map isn't under copyright as I was planning on on the London underground that is copyrighted :(

ABR: there's nothing to show copyright on the Taipei Metro map. Would have to dig deeper to verify.

All Black Rugby wrote:
plurple wrote:I can't look at the metro map as it is failing to load for me so not sure how busy it is and so how well it would work as a map :)

ABR: it loads within 5 seconds for me, but is cached. Try again plurple.
It's a bilingual map FWIW, but would use English only for CC

I have had another look the link you posted doesn't work for me in the uk fails to connect :(

But having a quick google has a similar feel to the London underground :)(if I got the right result)
So may work if you can get the bonus information and key to fit around the stations :D

Also how you want to deal with the bonuses whether you go for standard continent bonus or less standard get X troops for Y stations on a route :)
plurple is not purple 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[
Major plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas