Conquer Club

3d map. Life in prison...Money and Respect (new poll.page 7)

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

What angle do you think is best? (look at page 7 for the images)

Total votes : 0

Postby mibi on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:30 am

I prefer the N, E, W, or S views, to the 3/4 views. Good lucking getting this thread out of this sub forum.
Captain mibi

Postby DiM on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:42 am

mibi wrote:I prefer the N, E, W, or S views, to the 3/4 views. Good lucking getting this thread out of this sub forum.

me too. my fav is south.

PS: normally it should be moved to the main forum. i have several graphic updates, i have detailed the gameplay i have a lot of feedback.....
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby dominationnation on Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:26 pm

I to like the south. It gives the look as if you are entering in. The others look alright but I also dont like east as it has the junk yard right in the front.
Cook dominationnation

Postby Sparqs on Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:58 pm

I'm going to vote for south, as well. The entrance + building layout seems most appealing.

Helicopters seems a bit out of place for a prison, especially four of them.

The 3D aspect has me confused. With talk of choosing the angles and tweaking the 2D, is this now intended to be played using the current 2D game engine? I hope so, as it looks interesting and I would expect a 3D CC engine to be low on the to-do list.
Sergeant Sparqs

Postby DiM on Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:02 pm

Sparqs wrote:I'm going to vote for south, as well. The entrance + building layout seems most appealing.

Helicopters seems a bit out of place for a prison, especially four of them.

The 3D aspect has me confused. With talk of choosing the angles and tweaking the 2D, is this now intended to be played using the current 2D game engine? I hope so, as it looks interesting and I would expect a 3D CC engine to be low on the to-do list.

seems south is the most popular.

it's a high security prison. perhaps 4 helis are right perhaps not i'm not sure.

it would be great to have a 3d engine but since this is very improbable i'm turning a 3d map into a 2d one by working with an angle shot.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby KEYOGI on Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:15 pm

would you like 3d maps?

yay, the more dimensions the better.
61% [ 29 ]
nope. the 3rd dimension confuses me
38% [ 18 ]

Total Votes : 47

P.S. Remember the size guidelines DiM. :wink:
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby DiM on Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:20 pm

KEYOGI wrote:would you like 3d maps?

yay, the more dimensions the better.
61% [ 29 ]
nope. the 3rd dimension confuses me
38% [ 18 ]

Total Votes : 47

P.S. Remember the size guidelines DiM. :wink:

i asked andy to remove the poll :lol:

PS: yes i know the size issue. it will be dealt with later.

new poll is up. please look at page 7 for the images before voting.
Major DiM

Postby Teya on Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:35 pm

DiM wrote:
mibi wrote:I prefer the N, E, W, or S views, to the 3/4 views. Good lucking getting this thread out of this sub forum.

me too. my fav is south.

PS: normally it should be moved to the main forum. i have several graphic updates, i have detailed the gameplay i have a lot of feedback.....

But you dont have working title, or a legend or territory names or borders. Did you actually read the announcement???
Sergeant 1st Class Teya

Postby DiM on Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:53 pm

Teya wrote:
DiM wrote:

me too. my fav is south.

But you dont have working title, or a legend or territory names or borders. Did you actually read the announcement???

commoin teya you and i both know it that many maps have been in production for a long time before any names were given to territories or even before the map name was chosen. the fact that maps that are in the full process of development like this one and mibi's prison is just crap and it can only do bad for these maps because many people don't visit the ideas forum.

plus i have a title, i have borders and territories. just look at the name of the thread and the images. the only thing i don't have yet is the legend. and that's because i'm waiting for the angle poll to be finished so i can further work.
Major DiM

Postby Teya on Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:40 pm

DiM wrote:commoin teya you and i both know it that many maps have been in production for a long time before any names were given to territories or even before the map name was chosen. the fact that maps that are in the full process of development like this one and mibi's prison is just crap and it can only do bad for these maps because many people don't visit the ideas forum.

plus i have a title, i have borders and territories. just look at the name of the thread and the images. the only thing i don't have yet is the legend. and that's because i'm waiting for the angle poll to be finished so i can further work.

yes, many maps have been in production a long tme before those things were implemented, but that was before the new sub-forums were brought in.
Just because you say your map is in full development doesnt mean it meets the criterea. I could post a crap image and claim the same thing. I personally have no problem with how the new system works and if you give it time Im sure you will find it a good system as well. When the sub-forum is working properly you wont have maps in the main forum that are complete crap and being abandoned.

There are bound to be a few hiccups along the way because the system is new, but that is no reason to become so defensive about it. If your maps are good enough they will get moved out of ideas when Andy and keyogi feel they are ready to be moved.

As for people not visiting this forum and it is hurting your map, that is a load of crap. People will visit the ideas forum. If they dont I guess we wont be getting any more new maps.

I think the constant bickering is going to hurt your map more. People will come into your thread and only see complaining and they wont come back.
You've made your point, you dont like the new system.... move on.
Sergeant 1st Class Teya

SOUTH EAST

Postby Keredrex on Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:54 pm

I prefer south east It gives a clean view of everything including the Main entrance and Parking lot .. and has a nice 3D feel .. I think the straight on and top views are nice but somewhat ordinary, with little depth to the image.... Otherwise I agree If not South East.. Then South
Sergeant 1st Class Keredrex

Re: SOUTH EAST

Postby DiM on Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:06 pm

Keredrex wrote:I prefer south east It gives a clean view of everything including the Main entrance and Parking lot .. and has a nice 3D feel .. I think the straight on and top views are nice but somewhat ordinary, with little depth to the image.... Otherwise I agree If not South East.. Then South

thanks for the feedback :D
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:10 pm

Teya wrote:
DiM wrote:commoin teya you and i both know it that many maps have been in production for a long time before any names were given to territories or even before the map name was chosen. the fact that maps that are in the full process of development like this one and mibi's prison is just crap and it can only do bad for these maps because many people don't visit the ideas forum.

yes, many maps have been in production a long tme before those things were implemented, but that was before the new sub-forums were brought in.
Just because you say your map is in full development doesnt mean it meets the criterea. I could post a crap image and claim the same thing. I personally have no problem with how the new system works and if you give it time Im sure you will find it a good system as well. When the sub-forum is working properly you wont have maps in the main forum that are complete crap and being abandoned.

There are bound to be a few hiccups along the way because the system is new, but that is no reason to become so defensive about it. If your maps are good enough they will get moved out of ideas when Andy and keyogi feel they are ready to be moved.

As for people not visiting this forum and it is hurting your map, that is a load of crap. People will visit the ideas forum. If they dont I guess we wont be getting any more new maps.

I think the constant bickering is going to hurt your map more. People will come into your thread and only see complaining and they wont come back.
You've made your point, you dont like the new system.... move on.

ok. teya you are right me and mibi are wrong. or the other way around. it doesn't matter. we stated our opinions you stated yours. right or wrong we all have the right to express our feelings. now please let's stop with this nonsense. if you have anything else to say please use the pm.
Major DiM

Postby gimil on Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:51 am

ive also voted south but i have to say, i really dont like this vream color you have going for the gound color. it should be a strong grey color i think.

as for not worknig on teh image till the 3D part complete... couldnt you jsut have a seprate layer as a background picture which can be updated whenever a change is needed to teh 3D image?
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:18 am

gimil wrote:ive also voted south but i have to say, i really dont like this vream color you have going for the gound color. it should be a strong grey color i think.

as for not worknig on teh image till the 3D part complete... couldnt you jsut have a seprate layer as a background picture which can be updated whenever a change is needed to teh 3D image?

i can't. the image is done in a 3d modelling program then an angle is chosen and i take that image and work on it in fireworks and photoshop. this in the 2d program i draw attack routes and add effects and stuff like that. if the 3d model requires some changes like moving some buildings i have to redo all the effects and fills and connections again. it is possible but it's more work.
Major DiM

Postby gimil on Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:02 am

is there no way to note down the coordinats of angle you took so say u make a change to teh image, you can retake the image at a paticlar angle, save it and replace teh background image?

do u know what i mean of am i talking shit? lol
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:15 am

gimil wrote:is there no way to note down the coordinats of angle you took so say u make a change to teh image, you can retake the image at a paticlar angle, save it and replace teh background image?

yes i understand what you mean. i can take the same angle shot that's not a problem. and i will use that angle shot as the background layer then add as many layers as i need on top of that.
but if major changes are needed like moving some cell blocks or repositioning the quarry or the garage i wil have to modify all the extra layers i add to corespond to the new changes. this means extra work. so i'd rather wait until the whole 3d design is complete and then start the layering process. then it will be much easier to work on the map.

imagine widowmakers' circus revamp. if he is asked to choose a whole diferent angle now, this means he has to redo all the extra layers he added to the original 3d image. it is possible but it involves a lot of extra work that can be avoided by making sure the 3d is complete before working on the 2d.
Major DiM

Postby dominationnation on Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:32 pm

After re looking at the south picture I have notice a minor problem. WIth that angle because the entrace is so big it blocks off part of the grounds possibly taking away a few territorys. Am I right or have you already seen this?
Cook dominationnation

Postby DiM on Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:48 pm

dominationnation wrote:After re looking at the south picture I have notice a minor problem. WIth that angle because the entrace is so big it blocks off part of the grounds possibly taking away a few territorys. Am I right or have you already seen this?

nope absolutely nothing important i blocked. so don't worry. i've thought about it when i made the walls. and at the angles used nothing important is blocked in any of the pics.
Major DiM

Postby Teya on Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:58 pm

Are the policemen needed? They were fine in all the little pictures you posted but they just show up as little black dots on the complete map.
Sergeant 1st Class Teya

Postby DiM on Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:33 pm

Teya wrote:Are the policemen needed? They were fine in all the little pictures you posted but they just show up as little black dots on the complete map.

i don't see it as a problem. you'll know they are people and that's enough.

if you look closely you'll see a monkey and a panda in the yard :wink:
Major DiM

Postby dominationnation on Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:57 pm

DiM wrote:
dominationnation wrote:After re looking at the south picture I have notice a minor problem. WIth that angle because the entrace is so big it blocks off part of the grounds possibly taking away a few territorys. Am I right or have you already seen this?

nope absolutely nothing important i blocked. so don't worry. i've thought about it when i made the walls. and at the angles used nothing important is blocked in any of the pics.

ok. I just wanted to make sure that you werent inadvertnly cutting off territories. :wink:
Cook dominationnation

Postby gimil on Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:11 pm

DiM wrote:
gimil wrote:is there no way to note down the coordinats of angle you took so say u make a change to teh image, you can retake the image at a paticlar angle, save it and replace teh background image?

yes i understand what you mean. i can take the same angle shot that's not a problem. and i will use that angle shot as the background layer then add as many layers as i need on top of that.
but if major changes are needed like moving some cell blocks or repositioning the quarry or the garage i wil have to modify all the extra layers i add to corespond to the new changes. this means extra work. so i'd rather wait until the whole 3d design is complete and then start the layering process. then it will be much easier to work on the map.

imagine widowmakers' circus revamp. if he is asked to choose a whole diferent angle now, this means he has to redo all the extra layers he added to the original 3d image. it is possible but it involves a lot of extra work that can be avoided by making sure the 3d is complete before working on the 2d.

i see what you mean now. it hardly extra hard work, moving attack paths, armie circles and terr naems. its not like redesigning the image likein some other maps coughportugalcough.

speaking of which andy still hasnt looked at :(
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:13 am

so it seems like the south angle is the most voted.

i'll leave it for a few more days and then work on the 2d version.

please post any comments about the 3d before i start working on the 2d
Major DiM

Postby yeti_c on Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:08 am

I said West as the South view seems, to me, to be dominated by the prison building...

And the junkyard is in the back which means it's not too in your face.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

PreviousNext

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas