Conquer Club

Siege II -new map-

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Siege II -new map-

Postby Teflon Kris on Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:40 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
Can you take out the X next to B4. It would seem to make the game play better. Make it a shallow area?

Also what about P4 and P3 as Canon's to fire back

Then W7, 8, 9, 10 as Archers. Making C4, 5, 6, as such would not make much sense as archers cannot fire that long. An attack range of 2 would be plenty for an archer.

So W7 would be able to attack L1, L2, L3, S2, P1

Great ideas Bruce - finding a succinct way to describe range can be tricky but I'm sure it could be done without using much space.

:D
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:43 pm

DJ Teflon wrote:Great ideas Bruce - finding a succinct way to describe range can be tricky but I'm sure it could be done without using much space.

just put Archers attack 2 spots in any direction, and canons can bombard. Just like waterloo
Last edited by Bruceswar on Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:44 pm

DJ Teflon wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
Can you take out the X next to B4. It would seem to make the game play better. Make it a shallow area?

Then W7, 8, 9, 10 as Archers. Making C4, 5, 6, as such would not make much sense as archers cannot fire that long. An attack range of 2 would be plenty for an archer.

Great ideas Bruce - finding a succinct way to describe range can be tricky but I'm sure it could be done without using much space.

Also P4 and P3 could be catapults to fire back. Either or would be ok.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby porkenbeans on Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:08 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
DJ Teflon wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

Also P4 and P3 could be catapults to fire back. Either or would be ok.
Yes, I like this idea. I was thinking the same thing. ...Stay tuned. ;)
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Postby Teflon Kris on Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:55 am

Bruceswar wrote:W7, 8, 9, 10 as Archers. Making C4, 5, 6, as such would not make much sense as archers cannot fire that long. An attack range of 2 would be plenty for an archer.

This means S, L and P bonuses can be broken by archers and B bonus broken by archers and B bonus by canons.

This would leave H, R & F as safer bonuses. Perhaps we would want one or two (but not all - such is the gameplay beauty of Waterloo) to be bombardable? Perhaps the canons could bombard F as well as B? And maybe an archer on W9 (so he can bombard R but not H). This would leave H as a bonus area safe from archers, which, game-play-wise, would the better of the 3 areas to be safe. Certainly, if F were safe, the gameplay would often revolve around initial battles for that area, as, once held, it would probably stay held.

We would also have less of a feature of the right-hand tower. However, that could have canons (maybe two on each tower that players cant move from - again, a la Waterloo), or, this would be the Wizard's tower (and potential associated +1 or other feature)?

Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:25 pm

I'm afraid I'm not quite following everything, as I haven't checked this thread in awhile :oops: You think you could put up an updated draft soon?
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:52 am

looking forward to an update
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby porkenbeans on Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:37 am

I have not had much time to work on this. But as soon as I do, I will bang out something rather quick. So please keep the suggestions coming. I appreciate them all, even if I think they are bad. So far, there have not been any really bad ones. :D
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:25 am

any progress?
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby DubWarrior on Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:32 pm

DAMN! I love those graphics, I love them, I love them!
sorry if I don't add any great ideas but those graphics...I mean :D
How did you do that? :ugeek: Is it photoshop?
I like the siege-idea btw, will take some time to run through the gameplaydiscussion so I can add some thoughts too.
keep up the work plz!
=D> =D> =D>
Cadet DubWarrior

Postby porkenbeans on Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:26 pm

DubWarrior wrote:DAMN! I love those graphics, I love them, I love them!
sorry if I don't add any great ideas but those graphics...I mean :D
How did you do that? :ugeek: Is it photoshop?
I like the siege-idea btw, will take some time to run through the gameplaydiscussion so I can add some thoughts too.
keep up the work plz!
=D> =D> =D>
Thank you very much for the kind words. I really mean that. :D

I have not looked at this project for a while. I may decide to pop it back up in photoshop soon, and do some more work on it. So if there be any suggestions for me, I will consider any, and all of them.
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Postby porkenbeans on Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:56 pm

I think that the next task on the list will be finalizing the lines, that denote the territ boundaries. I am comfortable with the style, so what I would like to see, is some options that go towards the territs and boundries, Such as things like, the number of territs that would be optimal. Along with all of the GP that is required at his stage.

I can change, were to draw the boundary lines, or anything else, that gets us to a well balanced board.

So, If anyone that is interested, wants to take this map and scribble all over it, I would NOT be upset. Even if you do not have photoshop, or other graphic program, you can still just make a copy on your printer. Then just use a crayon or marker or something, to scribble your ideas on.
Lieutenant porkenbeans

PreviousNext

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas