Conquer Club

The Swamp

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

The Swamp

Postby sherkaner on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:09 pm

I'd like a slightly altered conquest map to be made, but I'm not that good graphically. So I won't draw a map, unless someone really forces me to (So just a map idea, anyone is free to pick it up, I could do the xml though).

Initial idea: 8 starting positions, autodeploy +2 probably. From there, have some roads of killer neutrals leading to dry lands. Those should give a bonus. And maybe some old road that decays but connects the dry lands a bit more.
8 starting positions + 16*3 killer roads + 8 dry lands (2 territories maybe) + old road (and killer neutrals leading to it), maybe 20 terr in total would make around 92 territories.

Map Name: The swamp
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made: Refreshing new kind of conquest map, maybe some interesting strategies could be created from it.
Probably a large luck factor because of the killer neutrals.
Last edited by sherkaner on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel sherkaner

Re: The Swamp

Postby ManBungalow on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:57 pm

This sounds a little like Treasures Of Galapagos;

But only because of the conquest and dry-land aspects, I guess....and ToG doesn't have killer neutrals.
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby sherkaner on Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:09 am

Yeah, quite different from treasures of galapagos because of the killer neutrals, and the paths. Actually a bit like the link in your sig (marooned), though it would still play quite different. Maybe I'll have to draw something after all..
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:06 pm

It might be good if you could. It's hard to visualize a concept from just words on a forum page. But it sounds like it could be cool.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby ManBungalow on Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:25 pm

sherkaner wrote:Yeah, quite different from treasures of galapagos because of the killer neutrals, and the paths. Actually a bit like the link in your sig (marooned), though it would still play quite different. Maybe I'll have to draw something after all..

Sometimes it's easier to convey your thoughts by drawing something on paper and then scanning it. I'm just saying.
Colonel ManBungalow

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas