Conquer Club

3d map. Life in prison...Money and Respect (new poll.page 7)

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

What angle do you think is best? (look at page 7 for the images)

Total votes : 0

Postby DiM on Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:56 am

KEYOGI wrote:
DiM wrote:why was this thread moved to the ideas sub forum? it's a map in development not an idea. :wink: please move it back.

I understand you intend to develop the map DiM, but for the time being it is still a map idea. I've decided to get proactive on moving some threads to try and encourage people to post their ideas in the appropriate forum. I was waiting for the announcement to be ready which would explain the whole process, but I think if we've got the Map Ideas forum here, we might as well use it properly.

i don't intend to develop the map. i'm already developing it. hence the explanation for the gameplay and the images posted so far.

i understand the 300 terit map is an idea and deserves to be in the ideas forum but since this one is already in production i have no idea why it is here :wink:
Last edited by DiM on Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby KEYOGI on Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:03 am

Well, the way I see it, there is no actual map yet, just images. :wink:
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby DiM on Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:08 am

i've added lightposts, redisigned the quarry to make it more realistic, improved the yard by adding basket court benches fitness machines, added a tennis court and an entrance to the garage.

the entrance to the garage.

new quarry.

tennis court

yard
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Teya on Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:13 am

Im a little confused.
You have multiple images, all of which are pretty much the size a map should be. How are you going to put it all together while sticking to a decent map size?

Also DiM you want more subforums because the foundry is mayhem but when keyogi tries to organise things it still isnt good enough?
Sergeant 1st Class Teya

Postby DiM on Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:15 am

KEYOGI wrote:Well, the way I see it, there is no actual map yet, just images. :wink:

what you're saying is absurd because other maps have started without any image and there was no problem. if the map maker shows commitment it's clear the map is not an idea but a map in development. the fact that i bothered to work and post several images should be enough proof for a commitment.

but here you go. happy now? is this a map? or is it just another image? :evil:

Major DiM

Postby DiM on Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:17 am

Teya wrote:Im a little confused.
You have multiple images, all of which are pretty much the size a map should be. How are you going to put it all together while sticking to a decent map size?

Also DiM you want more subforums because the foundry is mayhem but when keyogi tries to organise things it still isnt good enough?

the many images i posted are all part of the large image above. i'm just posting detailed zoomed parts to show the advantages of 3d maps.

about the second phrase read my post above. it's mayhem because keyogi is putting threads in the wrong parts. this is not an idea it's a map in development.
Major DiM

Postby Teya on Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:21 am

Is this map possible for you to complete with current XML limitations?

And I think that image is too wide.

Keyogi has moved multiple threads DiM. Some more in development than your map. No one else is getting snappy about it.

Keyogi mentioned elsewhere that he was going to wait until an announcement on how the new forums work to start moving things around But the announcement is taking longer than planned.

I personally think "map Ideas" is the wrong name for this subforum anyway. Its more of a "New maps" thread.
Sergeant 1st Class Teya

Postby samuelanonymous on Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:25 am

this is a good idea, but how is it different from a normal 2d map? when looking at the compiled version i cant make out any details

p.s. for better 3d graphics use blender (http://www.blender.org)
Private samuelanonymous

Postby DiM on Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:21 am

Teya wrote:Is this map possible for you to complete with current XML limitations?

And I think that image is too wide.

Keyogi has moved multiple threads DiM. Some more in development than your map. No one else is getting snappy about it.

Keyogi mentioned elsewhere that he was going to wait until an announcement on how the new forums work to start moving things around But the announcement is taking longer than planned.

I personally think "map Ideas" is the wrong name for this subforum anyway. Its more of a "New maps" thread.

yes the map is possible but hard to do. it would be a lot easier with new things.

yes the image is too wide but it will be resized. as i said numerous times i'm working on it so it will be in development stage for quite a while.

and yes he moved exactly 7 threads:

300 terit map - an idea so ok for moving. although it was more of an informative thread than a map idea.
NEW MAP ***UNTITLED*** - work in progress. so it does not belong to the ideas forum
3d map. Life in prison...Money and Respect (details page 3) - work in progress. so it does not belong to the ideas forum
Antarctica - work in progress. so it does not belong to the ideas forum
Conquer Club Park (Baseball) >Draft 2< - work in progress. so it does not belong to the ideas forum
?? Anita Blake's World ?? - an idea so ok for moving.
The New World [Early Development] (Update pg3) - work in progress. so it does not belong to the ideas forum

so from the 7 threads 5 of them were work in progress. do they really belong along with threads asking for a Saturn map that only have one post? the ideas forum is for ideas not for maps in development.

how's this thread any different from other threads that remaind in the main section? yes i agree some have 10-20 updates but that's because they've been on for longer. when will it be considered more than an idea?

at the moment we have ideas sub forum (where people post ideas for maps because they can't or won't make them) the main forum (wher maps in progress are located) and the final forge sub forum (where forged and quenched maps are moved after the development has reached a certain stage). am i understanding this wrong? if work in progress belongs here then what is the main forum for?
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:23 am

samuelanonymous wrote:this is a good idea, but how is it different from a normal 2d map? when looking at the compiled version i cant make out any details

p.s. for better 3d graphics use blender (http://www.blender.org)

well i'm hoping some day 3d maps will be introduced. if so then all the details will be very neat because we'll be able to zoom and rotate. the reason i posted all the close-ups was to reveal what is missed because we have no 3d maps.

i'll take a look at blender.
Major DiM

Postby hulmey on Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:24 am

i think it looks really good and if you not able to do it 3D roating zooming , would still love to play this map.

Good job and keep fighting the critics with your wonderful ideas....

I think the width is good and is no wider than the world 2.1 map :D
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby gimil on Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:54 am

your idea for 3D fits better than i expected even if you were jsut to take that image and create a current standard map i think would be pritty kl. (althought the zoom in fuctions etc will be pretty cool to)
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:13 am

gimil wrote:your idea for 3D fits better than i expected even if you were jsut to take that image and create a current standard map i think would be pritty kl. (althought the zoom in fuctions etc will be pretty cool to)

that's exactly what i'll do. model the map in 3d then select an angle that fits good and use it as a 2d map.
Major DiM

Postby gimil on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:14 am

i think this would work perfectly if u did it with a battlefield. like trench warfare or a castle siege. althought the prison ones still a good idea
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Wisse on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:28 am

dim look at this topic:
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21302
i think that would end the discussiun between you and keyogi :P
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby DiM on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:35 am

gimil wrote:i think this would work perfectly if u did it with a battlefield. like trench warfare or a castle siege. althought the prison ones still a good idea

don't worry. i'm making several maps at this moment. one is the prison. and i have 2 more that will be discussed later after i work more on them.
Major DiM

Postby gimil on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:37 am

promise me you'll do a trench warfare :D
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:43 am

gimil wrote:promise me you'll do a trench warfare :D

don't know i'm not really into modern warfare. more ancient inclined i guess. but i never know what i'll do next. maybe if i think of something nice i'll do something with trenches. i am also designing a kitchen war map. cockroaches vs ants. i guess i could use trenches there. is it ok?
Major DiM

Postby gimil on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:49 am

lol i like the insect idea to. A banana on the floor get you a 20 bonus :shock:
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:54 am

ok so let's get back on topic.

you've seen the gameplay idea and the map. the problem with working on 3d is that i need to make sure everything is ok before i switch to the 2d software for the adjustments. even a minor thing like changing the angle would mean i have to start from scratch on the 2d software.

so do you think the angle is ok? or perhaps a top-down view?
Major DiM

Postby KEYOGI on Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:07 pm

DiM wrote:but here you go. happy now? is this a map? or is it just another image? :evil:

Geez, calm down. The point of moving some threads was to try and set an example. I'm trying to encourage people to actually post their initial drafts in the appropriate forum.

As for the actual map, how about you post a few images with different angles. Once the best option is chosen we'll move the thread back to the main Map Foundry forum. 8)

Postby DiM on Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:11 pm

KEYOGI wrote:
DiM wrote:but here you go. happy now? is this a map? or is it just another image? :evil:

Geez, calm down. The point of moving some threads was to try and set an example. I'm trying to encourage people to actually post their initial drafts in the appropriate forum.

As for the actual map, how about you post a few images with different angles. Once the best option is chosen we'll move the thread back to the main Map Foundry forum. 8)

i'll post diff angles tomorrow. and i do think i have the right to be upset because my hours of work on this map are considered on the same level as some ms pait map.
Major DiM

Postby KEYOGI on Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:16 pm

From mibi's thread:
DiM wrote:tell me i don't have a working image. i've spent hours creating my 3d image. isn't that enough?

I agree that you have a working image, but I'd rather wait until you have the angle set, so your development can be focused. Andy may feel different and move it back anyway. :wink:

DiM wrote:i'll post diff angles tomorrow. and i do think i have the right to be upset because my hours of work on this map are considered on the same level as some ms pait map.

You're looking at it the wrong way. All map proposals should be posted in the Ideas forum, no matter how much work has been done.

Postby DiM on Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:25 pm

KEYOGI wrote:
DiM wrote:i'll post diff angles tomorrow. and i do think i have the right to be upset because my hours of work on this map are considered on the same level as some ms pait map.

You're looking at it the wrong way. All map proposals should be posted in the Ideas forum, no matter how much work has been done.

yep i understand and i agree.

let's say i work on something and it's looking ok. i post it in the ideas forum but i expect it to be moved in the main one rather soon. because despite being a new idea the work put into that first draft is clear indication about a person's will to develop the map. :wink:
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:58 am

here are the angles. some of the maps appear to have some graphic glitches. don't know why. probably from the exporting to 2d. anyway ignore them as they will be solved.

please state which angle you like the most. there will also be a poll as soon as andy removes the current one.

North:

North-East:

East:

South-East:

South:

South-West:

West:

North-West:

Top:
Major DiM

PreviousNext

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas