Conquer Club

Slavic Conquest - Ukraine / Russia / Caucuses / Belarus

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Slavic Conquest - Ukraine / Russia / Caucuses / Belarus

Postby Unit_2 on Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:55 am

Map Name: Slavic Conquest
Mapmaker(s): Unit_2
Number of Territories: TBD
Special Features: Here's how it will work:

Standard map and game play, crossing rivers requires bridges (not added yet), can cross parts of the seas via "boat" (Not added yet).
Each bonus is made up of regions within a country, original countries are broken up with a black border. I have some ideas that could use some help fleshing out.

OPTION 1:
- Each bonus has a regional capital, and the capital must be held for the bonus. All capitals get +1 Auto-Deployment each round.
- Each country is broken up, unifying the country / multiple regions give a bigger bonus similar to the World 2.1 Map game play.
- Travel is made via "boat" over the oceans, across bridges with rivers, and through adjacent counties that are not a part of any bonus (Italy, Greece, Turkey, etc)

OPTION 2:
- Each bonus has a regional capital, and the capital must be held for the bonus. All capitals get +1 Auto-Deployment each round.
- Each country is broken up, unifying the country / multiple regions give a bigger bonus similar to the World 2.1 Map game play.
- Travel is made via "boat" over the oceans, or across bridges with rivers.

POSSILBE ADDS?:
- Add highways, airports, and harbors for more transportation options
- Allow "aid" from foreign countries. Add in Flags from different countries, or allow the surrounding countries to be occupied, and if you hold this countries flag there can be one of two options I could add: Hold the flag = +2 per round of troops to deploy
OR
Hold the flag + trade in a card with this country on it, and receive a boosted trade in between 2-4 troops on top of the trade in

[b]What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made: The idea is to build the Slavic world and go on a mission to conquer it all! Who will reign supreme in this war for the Slavic World?

Map Image: How does one display a map??

https://ibb.co/bmk2mRm
Last edited by Unit_2 on Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Corporal 1st Class Unit_2

Location: Pennsylvania, U.S.A, North America, Earth, Milky Way, Universe.

Re: Slavic Conquest - Ukraine / Russia / Caucuses / Belarus

Postby Ark_Angel_NZ on Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:29 pm

Hello Unit_2,

I'd like to take a moment to thank you, I very much appreciate all of the work that yourself and all the cartographers do for the site as volunteers.

Whilst we have a large library of maps to play, and there is plenty of room for more, something doesn't quite sit right with me making a map due to an active war.

I'm not blind to the fact a lot of Conquer Club's maps are not based on wars and battles, however they are usually historical.

For most of us, myself included, the situation in Ukraine is something that we watch from relative safety. However, for the people of Ukraine the war brings real consequences. To make a map that fully or partially simulates this current crisis seems distasteful to me.

I hope you continue to make extraordinary maps,

Cheers, Ark
General Ark_Angel_NZ

Postby Unit_2 on Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:40 pm

Hi Ark,

Thank you for that. I have relatives effected by this war, and that's the reason I am doing this. We have pride, and Ukraine is sticking to their guns. I feel this map should continue, and after the hard work done already, I would not like to waste that.

https://ibb.co/bmk2mRm

Postby Unit_2 on Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:45 pm

How can I get the images to show? They keep saying

"It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image."

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas