Conquer Club

France map revamp

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

France map revamp

Postby pamoa on Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:50 am

Carte de France, l'appel du 9 janvier

Chers joueurs, chères joueuses, l'heure est grave, la carte de France est une poubelle!
J'en appel à tous les joueurs francophones pour qu'ils s'organisent pour restaurer l'honneur de notre langue.
Si vous croyez en votre idiome, si vous aimez le circonflexe, si vous chérissez le grave et vibrez devant un aigu, alors levez vous, faites vous connaître et ensemble nous organiserons la refonte complète de cette carte.
Francophones et francophiles de tous les pays unissons nous, par respect pour nous mêmes!

pamoa, le 9 janvier 2009, Suisse.

Dear players, it's a dark day, France map is trash bin.
Here I call all francophone's and francophile's players for organising to restore our language honour.
If you believe in your idiom, if you love circonflexe accent, if you cherish grave accent, if aigu accent make you thrill, make your name and together we will organize the complete revamp of this map.
Francophone's and francophile's all over the world be united by respect for ourselves!

pamoa, 9th of January, Switzerland
De gueules à la tour d'argent ouverte, crénelée de trois pièces, sommée d'un donjon ajouré, crénelé de deux pièces
Gules an open tower silver, crenellated three parts, topped by a apertured turret, crenellated two parts
Cadet pamoa

Re: France map revamp

Postby gimil on Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:54 am

Should have been posted in map ideas!

[moved]

If you want to REVAMP France I would have to get permission from rev_kyle who has since been banned from CC. I have him on MSN but if he says no then there is nothing that can be done.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby starskiki on Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:56 pm

Yes Pamoa's map is very beautiful ! is it not possible to have 2 cards ?
Captain starskiki

Postby The Neon Peon on Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:16 pm

gimil wrote:If you want to REVAMP France I would have to get permission from rev_kyle who has since been banned from CC. I have him on MSN but if he says no then there is nothing that can be done.

I thought that banned members had no input on what goes on in CC? ;)
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby bryguy on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:36 pm

The Neon Peon wrote:
gimil wrote:If you want to REVAMP France I would have to get permission from rev_kyle who has since been banned from CC. I have him on MSN but if he says no then there is nothing that can be done.

I thought that banned members had no input on what goes on in CC? ;)

yes, but he still holds the copyright to the image ;)
Corporal bryguy

Postby pamoa on Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:35 am

Ok, he own the copyright that doesn't mean CC is forced to publish is map. If CC doesn't want to publish his map anymore it's not an abuse of his copyright, just a moral abandon. And I don't think there is any legal document establishing his property, no?
On the moral side CC have to respect his users, but as he has been banned for not respecting the rules. So, I don't think CC owe him anything morally!
De gueules à la tour d'argent ouverte, crénelée de trois pièces, sommée d'un donjon ajouré, crénelé de deux pièces
Gules an open tower silver, crenellated three parts, topped by a apertured turret, crenellated two parts
Cadet pamoa

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:47 pm

Per the map maker agreement,
The author retains copyright on their work, and gives Conquer Club permission to use the imagery free of charge, for as long as Conquer Club sees fit on the Conquer Club website. Conquer Club cannot sell, lease, or lend the right to use the images to anyone else. The author swears that their map is their own work, or a legal derivative work

Conquer Club can use a map image for as long as it sees fit---so theoretically we could abandon a map in favor of another.

If there is interest in a real France Map REVAMP, get in touch with the C.A.'s.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

La Hexagone: 21st Century France

Postby theallnewbatman on Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:27 pm

ben oué, j'aime bien l'accent aigu moi :D

francophiles and anglophiles alike, please head on over to

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=77194&start=45

for the latest france map talk. we are trying to incorporate all 92 départements, plus corsica, plus the 6 island colonies. the regional "countries" are to be further divided into 4 quadrants plus l'île-de-france, for 5 mega-countries that will give you even more bonuses!! holding paris is plus two, île-de-france is plus two, and if you can hold paris, île-de-france, and the region called centre, at the same time, it's worth a combined total of 11!! good luck taking over the other 86 départements!!!!

vive la france map revamp...
Cadet theallnewbatman

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas