Conquer Club

gettysburg/ picketts charge

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

gettysburg/ picketts charge

Postby jefjef on Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:25 am

picketts charge map would be fun. be a fairly large map if done at brigade level & the paths taken... also includes lots of artillery batteries........... bonus areas could be control of divisions.... both sides. union side should also include reserves that were stationed behind the troops at the wall to balance North V South areas......
Colonel jefjef

Re: gettysburg/ picketts charge

Postby RjBeals on Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:44 pm

jefjef wrote:picketts charge map would be fun. be a fairly large map if done at brigade level & the paths taken... also includes lots of artillery batteries........... bonus areas could be control of divisions.... both sides. union side should also include reserves that were stationed behind the troops at the wall to balance North V South areas......

;)
Private RjBeals

Postby the.killing.44 on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:29 pm

I've been thinking about this idea quite a lot myself, having visited the battlefield this summer …

Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby RjBeals on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:40 pm

I'll post my draft soon. :D
Private RjBeals

Postby danfrank on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:43 pm

This sounds like a great idea... i look forward to watching this progress through the foundry :D
Corporal 1st Class danfrank

Postby sailorseal on Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:34 pm

jefjef wrote:picketts charge map would be fun. be a fairly large map if done at brigade level & the paths taken... also includes lots of artillery batteries........... bonus areas could be control of divisions.... both sides. union side should also include reserves that were stationed behind the troops at the wall to balance North V South areas......

You have a good idea, now just throw a draft out here and we can work from there
Cook sailorseal

Postby neanderpaul14 on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:58 pm

This idea was suggested before. But it fizzled and died.I hope it doesn't die again. I love this idea.
High score: 2724
/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby sailorseal on Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:10 pm

neanderpaul14 wrote:

This idea was suggested before. But it fizzled and died.I hope it doesn't die again. I love this idea.

If RJ can get a draft made with his skills, then this map will defiantly get moving, I hope he does, looking forward to it :D
Cook sailorseal

Postby RjBeals on Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:37 pm

I'm working on it... Should be within the next week or 2. We're working on gameplay. I would like to have at least a basic map with gameplay to post - but it's not going to be a straight-forward classic style map. There's going to be an objective. It's just tough making it fair for 2-8 players, when it's a north vs. south battle. But it's coming.
Private RjBeals

Postby sinctheassasin on Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:08 pm

i think this will be a great map, i would love to play on it :)
Corporal sinctheassasin

Postby kevlove102 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:57 am

Hello guys
I've been working with RJ on this idea for a few weeks and like he said, he should (hopefully) have a draft up in the next week or 2. It's such a complex battle and we are trying to keep it as historically accurate as possible. But it will be almost impossible to keep it 100% accurate. We are working hard to make sure we have all the key players in the right positions. But like he said in a previous post, we are trying to make an objective to win the "battle." not just simply two sides pounding away at each other.
I have a pretty extensive knowledge of the battle but no artistic ability...that's where RJ comes in ;)

Can't wait to see the posts when a draft is finally posted..we are both pretty busy right now but are working hard to get something to show you guys!

stay tuned....
Lieutenant kevlove102

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas