Conquer Club

[31-Aug-2007] Speed games

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby comic boy on Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:47 am

jc103 wrote:
nitroazz wrote: ...but I think that Freemies should have the ability to join an already created speed game. That would still allow quick games but keep the amount on the server down. It's the same as the password game setup, etc...

My 2 cents...
Zakk

Exactly what MY issue with all this is. By all means, allow only members to CREATE speed games, but to block free players from joining them COMPLETELY?? If you look back over the suggestions threads to where the ideas of speed games were suggested or developed, you'll see a majority of those for it being f2p anyway (considering the majority of CC accounts are f2p), so is it such a shock that i'm a little annoyed that the hosts are using this as another money-making technique after it was plain it was so desired by all?

You just dont seem to grasp the fact that freebies who do not upgrade are worthless in terms of the future viability of this site, if an increasing number dont contribute then it will stagnate. It makes no sense whatsoever to offer an extra incentive NOT to become a member, pay up ,shut up or push off is my advice .
Brigadier comic boy

Postby Iliad on Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:50 am

comic boy wrote:
jc103 wrote:
nitroazz wrote: ...but I think that Freemies should have the ability to join an already created speed game. That would still allow quick games but keep the amount on the server down. It's the same as the password game setup, etc...

My 2 cents...
Zakk

Exactly what MY issue with all this is. By all means, allow only members to CREATE speed games, but to block free players from joining them COMPLETELY?? If you look back over the suggestions threads to where the ideas of speed games were suggested or developed, you'll see a majority of those for it being f2p anyway (considering the majority of CC accounts are f2p), so is it such a shock that i'm a little annoyed that the hosts are using this as another money-making technique after it was plain it was so desired by all?

You just dont seem to grasp the fact that freebies who do not upgrade are worthless in terms of the future viability of this site, if an increasing number dont contribute then it will stagnate. It makes no sense whatsoever to offer an extra incentive NOT to become a member, pay up ,shut up or push off is my advice .

But by even still by making cc a better experience is an incentive to pay the $20 and play any amount of games.
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby michiganfan22 on Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:26 pm

Iliad wrote:
comic boy wrote:
jc103 wrote:

My 2 cents...
Zakk

But by even still by making cc a better experience is an incentive to pay the $20 and play any amount of games.

its like 10 cents a day for a year to have unlimited, just pay up. its nothing to get premium, its a very nice price for all that is offered. pay or shut up, i agree with comic and illiad
Lieutenant michiganfan22

Postby nitroazz on Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:48 pm

michiganfan22 wrote:
Iliad wrote:
comic boy wrote:
jc103 wrote:

My 2 cents...
Zakk

its like 10 cents a day for a year to have unlimited, just pay up. its nothing to get premium, its a very nice price for all that is offered. pay or shut up, i agree with comic and illiad

That's fine... can I send you my $20 money order and you can paypal my membership payment? I refuse to get paypal because of past experience with them and the fact that they ripped me off for $400 and froze my account because one of my ebay buyers ripped a pile of people off and they thought we were connected in some way because he bought a pile of stuff from me... It's garbage. If they opened other pay methods beyond paypal. I would already be a member...
Corporal 1st Class nitroazz

Postby ClockworK on Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:36 am

Our game just went 25 rounds long..... I think that is a Tie for the longest speed game ever..
Private 1st Class ClockworK

Postby jako on Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:53 am

ClockworK wrote:Our game just went 25 rounds long..... I think that is a Tie for the longest speed game ever..

u already started a thread about this, stop hijcking the thread.

Time to retire this much loved sig of mine with a new clan.
Lieutenant jako

Postby viperama on Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:40 pm

Speed games, as well as Conquerclub in general, rock. Nicely done.
Corporal viperama

Postby ogr8cdd on Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:04 am

I would like to add my congratulations to all the work gone into the updates, and speed games are HUGE and AWESOME. We had a deadbeat the other night, (gave me the game thank goodness), but the deadbeat meant a maximum wait of 15 minutes. GREAT

Well done all involved
Sergeant 1st Class ogr8cdd

Postby eye84free on Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:20 am

lack u know me..im a loyal suporter of CC(i had to throw alittle ass kissing in there..lmao :lol: )..and the update is great..cant wait for the next one...keep up the good work..
Major eye84free

Postby Warren-Empire on Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:59 pm

Hi. I think that new members should be kicked out of a game after one turn miss, or if that's too strict, then two misses, and then after having completed one game, or once they've managed to take three turns without missing a turn or something, then they are given the right to miss two turns like everyone else.
Lieutenant Warren-Empire

Postby michiganfan22 on Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:59 pm

post in suggestions forum
Lieutenant michiganfan22

Postby contraxx on Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:10 pm

test
Private contraxx

Postby Kayla on Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:09 am

Psh, I'm not giving you 20 bux til things change around here. I'll be doing the speed games on Jamie's account :D
Major Kayla

Postby Byrn Dragonstone on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:08 pm

Awesome Thx lack :) though i dont know about the feed back thing [-X
Cadet Byrn Dragonstone

Previous

Return to Announcement Archives