Conquer Club

Game Statistics

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Game Statistics

Postby drunkmonkey on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:21 pm

hahaha3hahaha wrote:
niMic wrote:My monitor is big enough that I can see both the stats and the large map, but I still think it looks bad.

Also, the new clock is not an improvement.

how big is your monitor lmao?!?! Mines 23" and I still got scroll tonnes

Monitor size is irrelevant. What's your resolution set at? It looks great on 1440x900. :mrgreen:
Major drunkmonkey

Postby turtleboy on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:23 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:If this update has taught me anything, it's that CC is full of crybabies.

A-men :lol:
Sergeant 1st Class turtleboy

Postby kroovi on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:29 pm

flexmaster33 wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:
kroovi wrote:this feature only narrows the gap between strategic players who calculate their every move, to those who are sloppy, and do not, but have someone to do it for them...

Counting does not give you a strategic advantage. What you do with the number does. If you truly believe it gives you a strategic advantage, be thankful you can save time counting now. ;)

Well said...plus, most strategy is involved in where you attack and how aggressively you make your moves. Much more to strategy than counting up armies (although that is a small part).

Exactly what I said!! Narrows the gap, does not eliminate it.
Sergeant kroovi

Postby Snorri1234 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:21 pm

fucking love it. It makes seeing who are the big threats so much easier for those who do not use bob. In the board-game it's easy to keep track of what everyone is getting and has, but I often have limited time on here to make a move and it's really nice that I can see what people have in the blink of an eye.
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:29 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:
hahaha3hahaha wrote:
niMic wrote:My monitor is big enough that I can see both the stats and the large map, but I still think it looks bad.

Monitor size is irrelevant. What's your resolution set at? It looks great on 1440x900. :mrgreen:

Who the hell runs a monitor at that size? Really? I know people who still use 800 x 600... Many monitors stop at 1280 x 1024... Lots of scrolling ... it burns my eyes.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby BunnRee on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:30 pm

sully800 wrote:Everyone who is complaining or unhappy - read the thread, because I think every "problem" has been addressed.

You can fix your clock by updating BOB. You can hide the stats by updating BOB. If you don't use BOB and you don't care about the stats you don't need to look at them (this works now that the cards are in the left most column). Seems like this should no longer be adversely affecting anyone who doesn't want it, and it will be helpful to many people. So kudos!

So... Where do I get BOB?? Account Temps?
Cook BunnRee

Postby j35t3r.us on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:46 pm

Hmmm, it seems like we keep making the screen WIDER...

How about we knock off the Game Menu section on the Left most of the screen and relocate that above the game map and stuff.

I know its a full site redesign or whatever, but with the size of some of the maps paired with people's names/ranks, and now the new statistics addon, I'm thinking we definitely need the FULL VIEW of our screen related to the map/game we're in.

Thoughts?
Lieutenant j35t3r.us

Postby Paddy The Cat on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:54 pm

love this-this is my favorite update in recent memory!
Sergeant 1st Class Paddy The Cat

Postby drunkmonkey on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:02 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:
hahaha3hahaha wrote:

Who the hell runs a monitor at that size? Really? I know people who still use 800 x 600... Many monitors stop at 1280 x 1024... Lots of scrolling ... it burns my eyes.

At work I do. My laptop is 1280x800, and doesn't require any scrolling.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Snorri1234 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:03 pm

AzureX wrote:1) Lazy people will do better now. They should not be rewarded for being lazy.

The f*ck? Why the hell would you care?
2) example.... England (BETA), most people don't look for those region bonuses but will notice it before the first turn is taken because the amount of men to be received is clearly displayed. Yeah, i know, u can read the key. But, many people don't read it and make sense of it.

The f*ck, again? Do you derive some smug satisfaction from beating people who didn't understand the bonusthing? If so, you're kind of a dick.
3) strategy is gone when you spoon feed information to people.

No it isn't. It's not strategy. Counting stuff is not strategy.
4) Do you know how many times people miss that you obtained a bonus in the previous round! Well before the stat bar, it happened fairly frequently. Not now, BOOM, lazy people, look at the STAT bar.

So what you're saying is that you don't like it because it's actually going more towards the board-game version where everyone is more aware of what is going on in the game?

Your basic point is that you liked it more when you could beat people because it was harder to oversee the game?

wow...
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby Night Strike on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:03 pm

AzureX wrote:God, i really really hate this stat bar. Speed games are so lame and boring now. I am done playing speed games. Thanks CC for messing up a good game site.

Are they lame and boring now because people don't have to waste time counting territories and can instead actually make moves to put up a decent fight? Because that's the only "complaint" I can see from it, and it just makes it sound like you now can't pick on speed gamers who took time to count.
Major Night Strike

Postby R.theghost on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:12 pm

so let me see... people complain because they no longer have to count and wanted to take the time to count but then the SAME people complain because they have to spend time scrolling so its not a matter of scrolling or counting or time, it only leaves the fact that newbier players will be able to easier identify the strongest player even if someone has to say for them to look there :P when i started playing this game i certainly wouldnt count every army on the board and wouldnt pay attention to the little details like now...
So it seems that newbier players playing better makes many people very angry... why could it be :?: :mrgreen:

oh btw compairing to poker for example this update is not the difference between not looking at the cards and looking at them but rather like keeping a written record of the moves or u having to remind them... it certainly wont tell u better if u should bluff or not
Last edited by R.theghost on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant R.theghost

Postby hahaha3hahaha on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:13 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:
hahaha3hahaha wrote:

It is relevant. Depending on the monitor's screen size you may or may not be able to display certain resolutions- hence a lot of people have to fucking scroll their screen to see card count.
Cook hahaha3hahaha

Postby thrambone on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:17 pm

My $.02: I'd like to see stats optional, decided in the game creation.

If I had a strategy of dispersing armies in a way to make it look I have less, now my army count is there glaring for everyone to see. I'm happy not to count armies any more, but I'd rather count myself, on the chance my opponent is to lazy to count for himself.

It does level the playing field a bit, but to what end? Does more robotic play + Less human error = more fun ?
Captain thrambone

Postby AzureX on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:20 pm

Some people are really freaking out for expressing my opinion. It is my opinion. No reason to have a heart attack.

The scroll issue is purely based on screen resolution, not the size of the screen.
Sergeant 1st Class AzureX

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:26 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:
hahaha3hahaha wrote:

At work I do. My laptop is 1280x800, and doesn't require any scrolling.

You obviously do not use large map size...
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Falkomagno on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:35 pm

I still think that the chart is taking so much space in the wrong place. Please put that chart below the map, or tell us how to do it. I think that a link to contract the chart, just as the link to put smaller or larger map can be another alternative.

Kind Regards.
Sergeant Falkomagno

Location: Even in a rock or in a piece of wood. In sunsets often

Postby drunkmonkey on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:52 pm

hahaha3hahaha wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:
hahaha3hahaha wrote:

It is relevant. Depending on the monitor's screen size you may or may not be able to display certain resolutions- hence a lot of people have to fucking scroll their screen to see card count.

No, that's decided by your video card, not your monitor.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:58 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:
hahaha3hahaha wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:
hahaha3hahaha wrote:

Incorrect also... The monitor plays a factor. Many only go up to up so high no matter what video card you have.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby hahaha3hahaha on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:05 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:
hahaha3hahaha wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:
hahaha3hahaha wrote:how big is your monitor lmao?!?! Mines 23" and I still got scroll tonnes

Incorrect also... The monitor plays a factor. Many only go up to up so high no matter what video card you have.

You beat me to it...
That was my point. I used to have a 12" so I think I would know
Cook hahaha3hahaha

Postby endar1077 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:07 pm

It wasn't possible to "ignore it" until lack's latest modification. Thank you for putting spoils in the left-most column, lack!

Now the truth is it really can be ignored... simply don't scroll right and all is well. That doesn't strike me as a particularly good permanent solution, but at last it is no longer causing me problems. ;)
Highest score: Colonel, 2786, #124
Major endar1077

Postby Ray Rider on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:25 pm

Great addition to the game, Lack! =D> For those of us who use BOB, it makes no difference, but it will be nice for new players who don't know about BOB.
Highest score: 2221
Major Ray Rider

Postby notyou2 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:36 pm

Forgive me for not reading all 19 pages, but I am having a problem.

The time left before the next turn is flashing "NaNaNa" and it takes 2 lines. So as it flashes when I place my cursor on a player it moves the cursor and its VERY distracting as it ends up flashing the lands of 2 different players.

How do I fix this?
Captain notyou2

Postby drunkmonkey on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:39 pm

hahaha3hahaha wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:
hahaha3hahaha wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:Monitor size is irrelevant. What's your resolution set at? It looks great on 1440x900. :mrgreen:

You beat me to it...
That was my point. I used to have a 12" so I think I would know

Sigh...if you're playing on a netbook, you can probably only get 1024x768. I didn't start this conversation to get into a "let's find a ridiculously small monitor and prove him wrong." My original point was that you don't need a large monitor for 1440x900. You can get that on a 14.1" now.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby notyou2 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:40 pm

notyou2 wrote:Forgive me for not reading all 19 pages, but I am having a problem.

The time left before the next turn is flashing "NaNaNa" and it takes 2 lines. So as it flashes when I place my cursor on a player it moves the cursor and its VERY distracting as it ends up flashing the lands of 2 different players.

How do I fix this?

BOB update fixed it
Captain notyou2

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives