Conquer Club

[09-Jun-2008] Ratings & Medals

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [09-Jun-2008] Ratings & Medals

Postby DukeToshiro on Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:35 am

...and it starts. Today I got a rating of two stars on attitude from a player. I went back and looked at the game we played together and that person didn't say a word the entire game. When we started the game I typed "Good luck" and when we finished I typed "Good game. Thanks for playing.". And he gives me a two for attitude. lol, this stupid system is a joke. The only way to take care of junk ratings is to complain to the mods in a pm. Sooo.....isn't this the exact same problem that you guys tried to avoid by putting this garbage in place? You're still going to have a ton of people complaining about bogus ratings, and you're still going to have to devote time into dealing with them. You still have the same problems, only now you have a bunch of pissed off customers who think you're idiots.

I don't think that I'll be renewing my membership. I'd rather be limited to a few casual games than be forced to financially support this idiocy.
Captain DukeToshiro

Postby Crissipos on Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:40 am

This will always happen, people not being 'objective', in any rating/voting system
I try to be right every time
Captain Crissipos

Postby Orwell on Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:47 am

After 35 pages of posts, I am sure someone else has said this better - but here it is anyway:

The new medals are fun, it's a bit of fluff but that is fine by me - I have no problem with them.

However, the new rating system is arbitrary and meaningless. In the old system, if someone had 36-9, it is very likely that there was some worthwhile feedback to look into - but if a player has a 3.9 rating, it doesn't necessarily mean anything - it's well above average on a 1-5 scale but it doesn't tell me why because what I might consider a 5 rating is not quantifiable with someone else's 5 rating.

So, anyway, I'll deal with the new system but honestly, the net effect is that I will be less likely to play against new players or unknowns.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." - Samuel Beckett, Worstward Ho
Corporal Orwell

Postby JoshyBoy on Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:44 am

tobinov wrote:However, the new rating system is arbitrary and meaningless. In the old system, if someone had 36-9, it is very likely that there was some worthwhile feedback to look into - but if a player has a 3.9 rating, it doesn't necessarily mean anything - it's well above average on a 1-5 scale but it doesn't tell me why because what I might consider a 5 rating is not quantifiable with someone else's 5 rating.

=D> =D>

Brilliantly said! for example a good player with 217-3 feedback could end up with a rating of 3.1 because of sore losers. And a guy with 4-37 feedback could easily end up with a 4 or 5 star rating. the ratings mean nothing... its the feedback that counts...

MEDALS ARE GOOD... I'M DUE ONE BTW... :lol:
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby zimmah on Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:44 am

i gave this person all 3's (like most of the other players i meet) and this is his reply:

DARCOGOAL wrote:zimmah why did you rate me with 3 stars to all? ok it's your rate but attendance 3? why ? have i missed any turn? i don't think! in fact i doubt that there is a single player in CC who has lost just a round so far and this in my first freestyle game!!!!! :?: :?: :?: :?:

i told him, 3 stars is just fine for a normal player and he said:

DARCOGOAL wrote:what a bad humor! never mind though! hope not meeting you again!

:roll:
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby JoshyBoy on Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:09 am

zimmah wrote:i gave this person all 3's (like most of the other players i meet) and this is his reply:

DARCOGOAL wrote:zimmah why did you rate me with 3 stars to all? ok it's your rate but attendance 3? why ? have i missed any turn? i don't think! in fact i doubt that there is a single player in CC who has lost just a round so far and this in my first freestyle game!!!!! :?: :?: :?: :?:

DARCOGOAL wrote:what a bad humor! never mind though! hope not meeting you again!

But yeah come on zimmah! 3 out of 5! Thats giving somebody 60 percent in a test. When the person did everything 100 percent correct you know... i tend to say good luck, chat, and say good game all in my games so that deserves 5 stars for attitude... as much as some one who says gl and gg at the beginning and end of a game and do NOTHING wrong. An overall rating of 3 stars is quite hurtful to some folk when they havent even put a foot wrong
my opinion.. lol which i'm entitled to as everyone is ;)

:D
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby JoshyBoy on Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:26 am

Mr_Adams wrote:
drake_259 wrote:this is poxy, want the old feedback back

I second this motion!

Me too! :D

In fact I'm starting a petition :lol:
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby zimmah on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:02 am

the rating system sucks balls, every time i give someone a fair rating of 3 or even 4 stars (i hardly even give 4 stars so they should be honored getting them!) they complain to me becausei give them a bad rating. #-o

can't people fucking read?
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby zimmah on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:03 am

JoshyBoy wrote:
zimmah wrote:i gave this person all 3's (like most of the other players i meet) and this is his reply:

But yeah come on zimmah! 3 out of 5! Thats giving somebody 60 percent in a test. When the person did everything 100 percent correct you know... i tend to say good luck, chat, and say good game all in my games so that deserves 5 stars for attitude... as much as some one who says gl and gg at the beginning and end of a game and do NOTHING wrong. An overall rating of 3 stars is quite hurtful to some folk when they havent even put a foot wrong
my opinion.. lol which i'm entitled to as everyone is ;)

:D

dude, 3 out of 5 is fucking average average means good enough! 3 is perfectly fine. so live with it. complain and you'll get a 2 the next game for attitude

nearly everyone says good luck, dosn't deserve a 3 in my opinion, as long as they don't do anything out of the ordinairy they don't disserve a 5, it's not even the mods intention to hand of 5 all arround, go read it everywhere on the forum. you should not expect all 5's especially not from me

btw, why does everyone says good luck, but nearly noone sais have fun? about a few years ago on every online game i played everyone said at least 'GLHF' (good luck + have fun. now all you get is 'gl'. i thought a game was still supposed to be fun also? i don't consider anyone wishing you luck AND fun, an above average attitude, let alone an excellent player.

remember:

3 is the standard, if you do nothing to improve it, you'll stay at 3, if you do something good (and not something everyone does like saying gl, gg, or not missing turns, since everyone does that anyway, that's what you're kinda supposed to do) then you'll get a 4, if you do really good, you get a 5 even.

likewise if you do something bad like missing turns or being rude, you'll get a 2, and if you do something really bad you'll even get a 1.

it's as simple as that. a 3 just means you wasn't impressive. nothing wrong with that. if you want a better rating try to impress me first.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby millertime13 on Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:04 am

My two cents:

The new rating system has flaws, as the old one did. Do away with all of it? If it becomes a source of non-stop contention in the community, I would scale this back to a fog-like draw system, where you cant tell if the player is new, old, crappy, has distemper, etc.,in order to show all the complainers how bad can become worse. Of course I am a punitive type of prick that has a known hair trigger temper, but thats me.

As for now, when I rate, I will rate high for the players I know who have proven themselves in all 4 categories and reduce as needed. But the bottom line for me: I don't care...ranks, medals, points, feedback, prizes, dog and pony shows whatever...all useless. All I want is a good game, a challenge. The battles are far more important to me than anything else.
Give a man fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.
Captain millertime13

Postby MOBAJOBG on Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:39 am

I read and hear ^you^, that's for sure but I do really prefer the current medals & ratings. It can be better with an additional comment input left by other player(s) from the game. It doesn't has to be in the form of positive, neutral or negative feedback.
Major MOBAJOBG

Postby Mr_Adams on Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:48 am

zimmah wrote:the rating system sucks balls, every time i give someone a fair rating of 3 or even 4 stars (i hardly even give 4 stars so they should be honored getting them!) they complain to me becausei give them a bad rating. #-o

can't people fucking read?

this situation is why I fear tomorow. that'll be the day my firsy ratings are visable to the recipients.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby adamfrost19 on Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:58 am

i gave this person all 3's (like most of the other players i meet) and this is his reply:

DARCOGOAL wrote:
zimmah why did you rate me with 3 stars to all? ok it's your rate but attendance 3? why ? have i missed any turn? i don't think! in fact i doubt that there is a single player in CC who has lost just a round so far and this in my first freestyle game!!!!!

DARCOGOAL wrote:
what a bad humor! never mind though! hope not meeting you again!

How can you rate someone 3 stars for attendance? How an earth would I impress you to get 5 stars for attendance. Darco was entirel in the right. You my friend, were in the wrong.
Lieutenant adamfrost19

Postby Tommy Tucker on Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:38 pm

ENOUGH..... EVERYONE HATES THIS NEW SYSTEM. CHANGE IT. I'M READY TO JUST QUIT PLAYING AND I DON'T THINK I'M ALONE....

LISTEN TO WHAT EVERYONE IS TELLING YOU>>>>
Major Tommy Tucker

Postby adamfrost19 on Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:08 pm

dude, 3 out of 5 is fucking average average means good enough! 3 is perfectly fine. so live with it. complain and you'll get a 2 the next game for attitude

If you give someone three for attendance, which can only be determined from whether or not you miss any turns, and a player does turn up for every turn, how the hell would I prove to you that my attendance is worthy of a 5? Turning up without missing a turn is the best you can do, and all you give is a 3? You are the sort of person that makes this rating system so ridiculous and meaningless.
Lieutenant adamfrost19

Postby jiminski on Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:10 pm

Tommy Tucker wrote:ENOUGH..... EVERYONE HATES THIS NEW SYSTEM. CHANGE IT. I'M READY TO JUST QUIT PLAYING AND I DON'T THINK I'M ALONE....

LISTEN TO WHAT EVERYONE IS TELLING YOU>>>>

Come and vote for bringing back Comments Tommy :
General Discussion Vote

and

here:
Community Adjudicated Comment System
Captain jiminski

Postby zimmah on Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:57 pm

adamfrost19 wrote:

DARCOGOAL wrote:
zimmah why did you rate me with 3 stars to all? ok it's your rate but attendance 3? why ? have i missed any turn? i don't think! in fact i doubt that there is a single player in CC who has lost just a round so far and this in my first freestyle game!!!!!

DARCOGOAL wrote:

How can you rate someone 3 stars for attendance? How an earth would I impress you to get 5 stars for attendance. Darco was entirel in the right. You my friend, were in the wrong.

no, i'm not, you can be faster to take your turns for example. go buy yourself a fucking dictionary and look up the words excellent and average, and then speak again.

he's just insane for expecting 5 stars for doing noting more then taking his turns. he's not anywhere near excellent for his atendence and therefore gets a normal 3 stars, just like everyone else. and it's perfectly fine. the reason however why is does complain, is because retards like you give 5's for no reason and therefore a 5 become wortless, and a 3 became even more worthless, but that doesn't mean i am wrong, it means you are. and you can tell me a 100 times that i'm wrong in a 100 different languages, you're not guna change my mind since i know i'm right and you're not. basicly if i was wrong, i was wrong in giving him a 3 for attitude since he should have gotten a 2, given the way he reacts on getting 'a bad rating' he acts like a child, just like you.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby zimmah on Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:11 pm

adamfrost19 wrote:

If you give someone three for attendance, which can only be determined from whether or not you miss any turns, and a player does turn up for every turn, how the hell would I prove to you that my attendance is worthy of a 5? Turning up without missing a turn is the best you can do, and all you give is a 3? You are the sort of person that makes this rating system so ridiculous and meaningless.

no, giving all 5's makes 5's completely worthless, everyone has them anyways, just like the medals, they hardly mean anything since nearly everyone has them anyways. so hurray to everyone, we all have something we all have, great, nothing has changed in fact, we might as well have no rating at all if everyone has the same ratings anyways.

you're pretty pathetic crying if you don't get a 5, instead of crying for not getting the full 5 from me, work to get them first! put some eefort in it, 5 stars you won't get for free, it's no fucking game of mario party 8 or something where you get stars for free. it's a rating system, and since 5 means excellent it means you have to work to get them, and no, you won't get them for taking all your turns, that what everyone does. you can get them by getting your turns and don't make me wait for 12 hours to take it, cus that's something not everyone does and therefore it's considered to be excellent, go figure!

you think that's unfair? my ass! it's what the word excellent means dumbass! what do you guys learn at school nowadays anyways, looks like they teach you nutting anymore, jesus. or do you only play CC in class? i have breaking news for you then CCU is not an approved university, so you won't get a job for excelling at CC. and given your rank, you're not even good at CC either. maybe it's cuz you need a fucking brain to be able to plan some fucking strategy in the first play that is.

as long as you or anyone else does nothing to impress me, you'll get no 5, how hard is that to understand? and if you believe it's unfair, ask the mods, they won't support you, if they were to support anyone, they'll most likely be supporting me. since i took the time to read the rules, they're in fact pretty simple anyways. at least if you know what the words average and excellent mean!

maybe you don't know yet but just taking your turn does not make you special everyone does it! so => 3 stars. (something everyone does, is worth 3 stars)

miss a few (without reason) => 2 stars,
miss more/deadbeat => 1 star
take turns fast/miss none in a really long game => 4 stars
take turns faster/miss none in a REALLY long game (or multiple long games, if i played the person before in other games) => 5 stars

that's how i rate, that's how it should be, and it's completely fair, and it's complete legal, and it completely DOES make sence.

why are you guys so afraid of the truth? does it HURT to be average? well, unless you try your very best, you will always be average, and even if you do your best, you might eventually STILL be average. is average that bad? most people are average, it's what average means, most people. got it, it means you're not different, being not diferent means your normal, it's ok to be normal, or do you want to be a freak that's completely different? :o

man i wish it was legal to sell brains on ebay, i'd breed them.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby azezzo on Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:23 pm

alright who do i see about getting my money back?

the ratings SUCK!
Captain azezzo

Postby xiaotian on Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:28 pm

I like the new medal system but I think short feedback should be included because it conveys so much more, allows more freedom with comment and shows those idiots who are sending negative feedback for now good reason. Please keep the comments!
Sergeant 1st Class xiaotian

Postby Redneck82 on Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:24 pm

Medals are cool
Corporal 1st Class Redneck82

Postby gloryordeath on Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:28 pm

zimmah wrote:
adamfrost19 wrote:

DARCOGOAL wrote:

DARCOGOAL wrote:

no, i'm not, you can be faster to take your turns for example. go buy yourself a fucking dictionary and look up the words excellent and average, and then speak again

he's just insane for expecting 5 stars for doing noting more then taking his turns. he's not anywhere near excellent for his atendence and therefore gets a normal 3 stars, just like everyone else. and it's perfectly fine. the reason however why is does complain, is because retards like you give 5's for no reason and therefore a 5 become wortless, and a 3 became even more worthless, but that doesn't mean i am wrong, it means you are. and you can tell me a 100 times that i'm wrong in a 100 different languages, you're not guna change my mind since i know i'm right and you're not. basicly if i was wrong, i was wrong in giving him a 3 for attitude since he should have gotten a 2, given the way he reacts on getting 'a bad rating' he acts like a child, just like you.

Could we get a count of the f bombs by her in this thread and get a ban already?
The Society of Cooks Train a cook today battle an officer tomorrow! Making good players great! viewtopic.php?f=341&t=74468

xiGAMES Member

Lieutenant gloryordeath

Postby Magiw on Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:57 pm

Again, this is where translating the old 3 point system into a 3 star system would have been more functional...how is one person showing up to all of their games deserve a 3 from one person or a 4 from another or a 5? Too many shades of grey, it shouldn't be this open to interpretation. It should be fairly cut and dry how you rate someone. good/bad/neutral achieved that and would have translated well into a 3 point system.
Sergeant Magiw

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:51 am

I'll do the best i can to get the worse rateings :twisted:
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby TheScarecrow on Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:10 am

If somone plays fair, doesnt complain about the tiniest shift of luck in the game, and takes all their turns they can expect to gt 5 stars from me.

Zimmah, how else can you rate someone for attendance?
Cook TheScarecrow

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives