Conquer Club

Krazy Kingdoms [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Krazy Kingdoms - XML Updated (9/13)

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:43 am

isaiah40 wrote:
-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:Yay! Does this mean the map is being submitted for Beta play and should be playable as soon as rds uploads it to the site?

Nope. thenobodies80 will give it some time, then send the images and xml to rds, and then we wait for rds to upload them, and then once tnb figures it's time to play, then we get to play!!

So we have about 6 months to a year before this one gets played then? :-s

O:) O:) O:)
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby cairnswk on Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:03 am

koontz1973 wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:
-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:Yay! Does this mean the map is being submitted for Beta play and should be playable as soon as rds uploads it to the site?

Nope. thenobodies80 will give it some time, then send the images and xml to rds, and then we wait for rds to upload them, and then once tnb figures it's time to play, then we get to play!!

Yep, just like the rest of us have to wait. :lol: :lol:
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:41 am

cairnswk wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:

Yep, just like the rest of us have to wait. :lol: :lol:

Well that's no good, I was really looking forward to playing this one this week :( Hopefully the waiting period isn't too long.
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby dolomite13 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:48 am

Gilligan wrote:You missed D1, I added it in :)

Thanx and Wooo Hooo!!!

-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:Well that's no good, I was really looking forward to playing this one this week :( Hopefully the waiting period isn't too long.

Agreed :shock:

=D13=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:53 pm

I doubt it will make any difference, but assuming the time between XML and being submitted is to give time for contributors to give final input, then I don't have any more feedback to provide. If it does make a difference, then we could get Eric Phail, Aleena, cairnswk, Gilligan, isaiah40 and Dear Cyrus (the only people to provide feedback in the last 6-7 pages) to drop in and provide feedback if any to fast track the release of the map.

Sorry if I'm being annoying, I've just put a fair bit of time over the last few months into helping with the development of the map and I'm really looking forward to playing the map :)
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Re: Krazy Kingdoms - All is GO for Beta!

Postby DearCyrus on Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:45 pm

I think Dolomite has done some solid work on this map, and it deserves some beta test love. Move it on forward and get this Krazy bonus structure in play!
Corporal 1st Class DearCyrus

Postby dolomite13 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:51 pm

I have a feeling this will go Beta the day I leave for vacation for a week and will only have an iPad to play on ;)

=D13=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Postby Gilligan on Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:51 pm

dolomite13 wrote:I have a feeling this will go Beta the day I leave for vacation for a week and will only have an iPad to play on ;)

=D13=

Better than nopad!!! :ugeek: :D
Captain Gilligan

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:48 am

For those who are (im)patiently awaiting the release of the map, I just got confirmation from tnb80 that he already sent the files to rds. We should be seeing the map hit beta very soon :)
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby thenobodies80 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:25 am

Yes very soon! :D

Beta - Quenching

---The development period has concluded for the Krazy Kingdom Map. All objections have had their time. The Foundry and I hereby brand this map with the Foundry Beta Brand. Let it be known that this map is now ready for BETA Play. After an extended period of time in BETA and once all quirks and issues have been resolved, the map will be put into Full Play (barring any Admins or Foundry Foreman vetoes).

Conquer Club, enjoy!

While the map is in BETA Play, there are a couple of administrative tasks that are required of the mapmaker(s) in addition to the initial gameplay testing:
    1. Please ensure that the first post of the thread contains all the necessary information to help future visitors to the development thread; it's particularly important to ensure the most recent images are there, along with any helpful guides (such as gameplay quirks/nuances or the location/size of any starting neutrals etc.)
    2. It is the responsibility of the mapmaker(s) to ensure that they respond to further feedback in a timely and constructive manner.
    3. Write a "creative" map description and send it to the Foundry Foreman via PM. You're encouraged to post it into the first post of the thread as well; the description will be used to populate the maps database.

thenobodies80
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby thenobodies80 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:26 am

Now, enjoy the map...it's live! :)
Nobodies
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby dolomite13 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:42 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:Now, enjoy the map...it's live! :)
Nobodies

OMG!!!

I am so ready to start playing this one =)

Thanx

=D13=
Cook dolomite13

Re: [Beta] - Krazy Kingdoms

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:58 pm

Yay! Thanks tnb80 and rds! :)
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby dolomite13 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:24 pm

The T1 to P4 connection may not be properly coded as conditional but I'm on my iPad and can't check for sure or fix the XML till I get back to my hotel later this evening. Shouldn't be too bad if people just don't try and exploit it.

D13
Cook dolomite13

Postby Gilligan on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:40 pm

dolomite13 wrote:The T1 to P4 connection may not be properly coded as conditional but I'm on my iPad and can't check for sure or fix the XML till I get back to my hotel later this evening. Shouldn't be too bad if people just don't try and exploit it.

D13

There is no conditional there, or for any of the starting positions (M1, T1, V1, etc). I did not realize there was supposed to be. Perhaps it should be made clearer in the legend.
Captain Gilligan

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:09 pm

Gilligan wrote:
dolomite13 wrote:The T1 to P4 connection may not be properly coded as conditional but I'm on my iPad and can't check for sure or fix the XML till I get back to my hotel later this evening. Shouldn't be too bad if people just don't try and exploit it.

D13

There is no conditional there, or for any of the starting positions (M1, T1, V1, etc). I did not realize there was supposed to be. Perhaps it should be made clearer in the legend.

I thought it was pretty clear in the legend with the note beside the symbol. I was just about to mention the problem too.
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby Gilligan on Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:11 pm

-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

D13

I thought it was pretty clear in the legend with the note beside the symbol. I was just about to mention the problem too.

Oh, so they are not supposed to border AT ALL? When dolomite said Conditional, I thought there was something you needed to hold to attack it.
Captain Gilligan

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:29 pm

Gilligan wrote:
-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

D13

Oh, so they are not supposed to border AT ALL? When dolomite said Conditional, I thought there was something you needed to hold to attack it.

They border each other only if you own both sides of the chasm
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby Gilligan on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:30 pm

-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:
Gilligan wrote:
-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

D13

So to attack from J1 to S4, you need M1?
Captain Gilligan

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:31 pm

I'm around 3-4 rounds in and my initial impressions is the map starts pretty slow with only having one deployable troop per turn and the three autodeploys. Maybe the other guy and I are getting slaughtered by the dice, but so far we've both been taking around 1 spot every two turns.
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:34 pm

Gilligan wrote:
-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:
Gilligan wrote:
-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

D13

So to attack from J1 to S4, you need M1?

To attac from J1 to S4 you need to own both J1 and S4. And then to attack from S4 to M1, you need to own both S4 and M1. More to the point, they provide an alternate fortification route, rather than attacking, since you have to own both in order to use the conditional border.
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby dolomite13 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:18 pm

-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:To attac from J1 to S4 you need to own both J1 and S4. And then to attack from S4 to M1, you need to own both S4 and M1. More to the point, they provide an alternate fortification route, rather than attacking, since you have to own both in order to use the conditional border.

Tanarri is correct this is how it is intended. When you hold both sides they are adjacent for reinforcements. It's not really that important but I consider that territory to be adjacent for "adjacent to favored" weather or not you hold both sides .

I'm on a laptop in a hotel room and not sure I can even look at the xml but I will try shortly.

=D13=
Cook dolomite13

Postby grifftron on Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:34 am

I couldn't attack Sea 1 from P2... AND I could not attack T4 from P2... On BOB it said they are connected, but it wont attack to there.

I like this map, in fact I like all of D13's maps. Keep em coming bud.

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Gilligan on Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:46 am

grifftron wrote:I couldn't attack Sea 1 from P2... AND I could not attack T4 from P2... On BOB it said they are connected, but it wont attack to there.

-griff

These are all conditional borders.

You need aquatic to attack seas.

You need dwellers to use the cave connections.
Captain Gilligan

Postby Keefie on Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:00 am

Gilligan wrote:
grifftron wrote:I couldn't attack Sea 1 from P2... AND I could not attack T4 from P2... On BOB it said they are connected, but it wont attack to there.

-griff

These are all conditional borders.

You need aquatic to attack seas.

You need dwellers to use the cave connections.

So should P2 be able to attack T4 ? They are both dwellers.
Colonel Keefie

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas