[Official] Indochina REVAMP [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[Official] Indochina REVAMP [Quenched]

Postby KEYOGI on Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:51 am

The Official Indochina Revamp Competition is now closed.

A big thanks to everyone who participated. The following links will remain to recognise the efforts of all those involved.

WidowMakers: http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r118/KEYOGI/INDO/REVAMP01.jpg
Telvannia: http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r118/KEYOGI/INDO/REVAMP02.jpg
pepperonibread: http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r118/KEYOGI/INDO/REVAMP03.jpg
gimil: http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r118/KEYOGI/INDO/REVAMP04.jpg
Last edited by KEYOGI on Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:25 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Medals: 3
Map Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: [Official] Indochina Revamp

Postby DiM on Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:04 am

KEYOGI wrote:
The Rules
  • No name or border changes, with the exception of four-way borders.
  • Anybody may have a go, but they must send their drafts to me via PM.
  • Cut-off time for submitting final draft is Noon (GMT-5:00) on Monday, August 13.

shouldn't there be a rule about not changing the gameplay?

or is that allowed?
:?
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby KEYOGI on Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:10 am

KEYOGI wrote:No name or border changes, with the exception of four-way borders.

Doesn't that pretty much sum it up?

If anyone's thinking of adding sea routes or anything, then I would count that as changing borders. The term borders is refering to which territories border each other. I'm not sure I can explain it any more than that. :wink:

Postby DiM on Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:17 am

KEYOGI wrote:
KEYOGI wrote:No name or border changes, with the exception of four-way borders.

Doesn't that pretty much sum it up?

If anyone's thinking of adding sea routes or anything, then I would count that as changing borders. The term borders is refering to which territories border each other. I'm not sure I can explain it any more than that. :wink:

you did not say anything about starting neutrals bonus changes autto deployment, different bonuses for the number of terits.

there are plenty of gameply changes that can be done without altering the borders.

:wink:

edit// also what about the missing connection Hua Phan <> Dien Bien Phu?
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby pepperonibread on Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:46 am

Anyone know how to resolve the 4-way border of Hue, Sekong, Salavan and Dong Hoi? Is there a specific reason why it should be changed one way or another?
Corporal 1st Class pepperonibread

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Map Contribution (3)

Postby ivoK on Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:05 pm

it would suck for those not selected, wasting the mapmaker's time and effort!

Bringing you such tournaments as the 2007 Australian Open and 2007 Roland Garros!!
Sergeant 1st Class ivoK

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby Coleman on Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:09 pm

ivoK wrote:it would suck for those not selected, wasting the mapmaker's time and effort!

Perhaps not, I'm thinking if someone doesn't think its worth their time and effort when there is a possibility their map won't be chosen then they shouldn't bother.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby pepperonibread on Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:23 pm

Coleman wrote:
ivoK wrote:it would suck for those not selected, wasting the mapmaker's time and effort!

Perhaps not, I'm thinking if someone doesn't think its worth their time and effort when there is a possibility their map won't be chosen then they shouldn't bother.

Yeah, and anyway, mapmakers like making maps (that's why they make them).

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby KEYOGI on Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:45 pm

Rules revised to include no changes to gameplay and missing connections. 8)

pepperonibread wrote:Anyone know how to resolve the 4-way border of Hue, Sekong, Salavan and Dong Hoi?

You could either place an object on the four way border or move one of the borders slightly so there's a no longer the four-way.

Postby pepperonibread on Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:01 pm

KEYOGI wrote:Rules revised to include no changes to gameplay and missing connections. 8)

pepperonibread wrote:Anyone know how to resolve the 4-way border of Hue, Sekong, Salavan and Dong Hoi?

You could either place an object on the four way border or move one of the borders slightly so there's a no longer the four-way.

I was referring to moving the borders, and I was just wondering if there is any historical or geographical significance as to why I should change it one way or another.

Postby Jota on Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:13 pm

You could crash a spaceship on it.

OK, maybe not.

But it worked for me, anyway.
Sergeant 1st Class Jota

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Map Contribution (6) General Contribution (2)

Postby disk on Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:26 pm

Change the goddamn colors! At least make them darker. I lost so many games on this map because I couldn't see the colors of the armies.
Private 1st Class disk

Postby wicked on Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:29 pm

haha, wasn't this map already redone once? :lol: maybe the third time will be a charm, eh?
Major wicked

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby WidowMakers on Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:03 pm

pepperonibread wrote:
KEYOGI wrote:Rules revised to include no changes to gameplay and missing connections. 8)

I was referring to moving the borders, and I was just wondering if there is any historical or geographical significance as to why I should change it one way or another.
Based on the map from google earth, Salavan and Hue border.
Colonel WidowMakers

Medals: 71
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (10) Map Contribution (21) General Contribution (14)

Postby hulmey on Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:08 pm

i think its a great idea. Congrtas to andy and keyogi for coming up with this idea.

Good luck guys
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4)

Next

Return to The Atlas