the battle for uniting the lands raged on for years and when it was finally over only the fools thought all will be well. the desecration of the sanctuary has brought upon the land a terrible frost spell. many have died and many more will die unless the spell is broken. and the only way to do it is to go back in the isle of Remora and destroy the sanctuary. only then the spell will be broken.
that's what basically happens in this chapter. spell needs to be broken ad this means the sanctuary terit must be conquered. the trick is that it will have a bunch of neutrals on it. the castles now produce just 3 troops/turn and they're autodeployed. but the resource pairs are now more important. because the land is frozen and food is scarce, you can now attract more soldiers if you manage to harvest resources. so + 3 for holding a castle and resource pair and +3 for holding village and resource pair.
with the new bonus scheme it means the castles are no longer so important. surviving and perhaps turning the game will be possible even if you lost the castles. just get resources and villages and your army will grow.
number of terits: 93 (87 start neutral)
*lots of neutrals with various number of troops
*win condition (take and hold the sanctuary for 1 turn)
number of continents: 198
*moved iburi name to make herakilla happy.
* shields adjustments
* snow adjustments
*made the ice in eon dock more realistic
*tweaked a few snowpiles
*changed the wining objective explanation in the legend
* it was a real bitch but i finally decided what to do with the army circles. i wanted to change them to something more suited to the winter but at the same time i liked the fact that they were shields. so i tried adding fur rims on the shields and i failed because of the level of detail. in the end i chose what i think is the perfect way to switch from summer to winter and keep the same shields. adding snow on top of the shields
this frickin snow on the shields took me almost 90 minutes to do. it's f*ckin horrible to draw snow pixel by pixel for 93 shields.
*and finally small version of the map.
*also made the sanctuary worth 75.
*added ships traveling on the open sea.
*added a small camp fire on the ice path near the southern road sign.
*added paths on the land that lead to the ice bridge
*added the snow covered ruins of the rhit village
*broke the rhit dock to be clear that it is not usable
*added an ice trapped boat near the rhit dock.
*added glow to the sanctuary shield
*froze rhit dock and moved village to ieme and built a new dock there.
*extended ice so the por, qasr and butchery names would be perfectly visible.
*moved the legend down a bit to indicate that sler is connected to the other docks.
* replaced corn farm and corn mill with rabbit farm and butchery
* replaced wheat field and bakery with berry field and basket weaver
* added routes on the ice bridge to indicate it's purpose.
* added road signs on the ice bridge for feeling and for further indication that that's a path.
* modified the legend and resource graphics to represent the new changes.
* added a glow to the sanctuary to draw attention on it.
* drank hot chocolate while looking at family guy