Conquer Club

DKs Intensities in Ten Cities! [Winner=TX AG 90]

Tournaments completed in 2012.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: DKs Intensities in Ten Cities! [Phase 1 - Montreal]

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:30 pm

Yea, it is a legitimate party, although I haven't heard anything about it since the 90s.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:51 pm

kiwi3 wrote:While I was looking for something funny to admit, I came across something that I thought was humorous but couldn't figure out how to put it in as a joke (not very creative). Montreal came up with a political party that is a spoof. It is the rhino party. It's platform states that it will not keep any of it's campaign promises. This party is supposedly a legal and recognized political party. Sounds like it's the only honest political grow in the world. I imagine our Canadian players might be able to add more to this than what little I know.

DoomYoshi wrote:Yea, it is a legitimate party, although I haven't heard anything about it since the 90s.

1997 to be exact.

In 1997 the major parties came up with one of their periodic shakedowns to take minor parties out of the running. The rules were "tightened up" so that in order to preserve registered party status, you had to run a minimum of 50 candidates in every election, each candidate to pay a non-refundable deposit of $1,000 (non-refundable to those who didn't win.) So the deadweight costs of preserving registered party status went to $50K per election, and almost overnight about a dozen of the small parties were taken out.

We lost the Rhinos, the Libertarians, the Marxists-Leninists, and even the Social Credit, which had in the 1950s been part of the club of majors.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby dazza2008 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:38 pm

This tourney is awesome. Good games, jokes and a wee bit of educational stuff thrown in too lol
Corporal dazza2008

Postby Fewnix on Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:56 am

Anybody know why the Montreal Canadians have a "H" on their jerseys?

It's for centre (H)ice.
Private Fewnix

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:39 pm

Hey guys, sorry for the late introduction, but I'm looking into your jokes now. So far I haven't been dissatisfied :)
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Mad777 on Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:41 pm

Here is mine:
(My native language is french and I'm not from Canada,but from Switzerland, I never been in this Country either, and as I would like be honest with all of you, this below joke was googled but between all those a read in Google this seems funny...)

A drunk decides to go ice fishing, so he gathers his gear and goes walking around until he finds a big patch of ice. He heads into the center of the ice and begins to saw a hole. All of sudden, a loud booming voice comes out of the sky. "You will find no fish under that ice."

The drunk looks around, but sees no one. He starts sawing again. Once more, the voice speaks, "As I said before, there are no fish under the ice."

The drunk looks all around, high and low, but can't see a single soul. He picks up the saw and tries one more time to finish.

Before he can even start cutting, the huge voice interrupts. "I have warned you three times now. There are no fish!"

The drunk is now flustered and somewhat scared, so he asks the voice, "How do you know there are no fish? Are you God trying to warn me?"

"No", the voice replied. "I am the manager of this hockey rink."
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:00 am

We have our first completed game -- Game 8725300, a sweep for Dapper Dave!
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:09 pm

Four games now complete. 3 of the escalators, and 1 of the team games.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby jricart on Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:50 pm

I won my first game and we are going to win the Team game as well.

Thanks.

JRT
Lieutenant jricart

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:10 pm

jricart wrote:I won my first game and we are going to win the Team game as well.

Thanks.

JRT

Congrats!

=D>
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:37 pm

I know everybody is waiting for the C&F results. Please be patient -- the judges are all busy people all of whom are involved in multiple tasks and projects on CC, as well as whatever they do in real life. We will get this done!

Meanwhile, a few minor changes that I want people to consider, and speak up about if they have strong opinions on:

1. We are probably changing the C&F points so that more than five are handed out per phase. There will still be a hard maximum of five to any one player.

2. I'm thinking of replacing my ad hoc posting of the C&F task at a more-or-less random time after I see the first game has started, with posting the task at a fixed time. I'm thinking of 2 pm my time (North American Eastern Daylight Time) on a Sunday, which would be Sunday evening in Europe and Sunday morning on the West Coast. That should be convenient for most people except for the 3 Asian players and our 1 New Zealander. If they are night owls it might be okay for them too.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:22 am

As an alternate proposal: How about I try to post at noon Sunday in the time zone we're currently playing in? So, when we play in Vancouver and San Francisco, I'll post at 1500 my time, when we play in Hong Kong I'll post at 2300 my time, and so on.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby xman5151 on Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:48 pm

Dukasaur wrote:As an alternate proposal: How about I try to post at noon Sunday in the time zone we're currently playing in? So, when we play in Vancouver and San Francisco, I'll post at 1500 my time, when we play in Hong Kong I'll post at 2300 my time, and so on.

That should work fine, we get a few days to post our responses anyway right? So it shouldn't have much of an effect since we are all online every day already.
Private xman5151

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:51 pm

Well, we seem to have been at least sideswiped by whatever is going on with Jobi. My sympathies to Jobi if this is a legitimate problem with a death in the family.

Brickbats to anyone who may have been exploiting his absence for sub rosa purposes.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby ElricTheGreat on Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:03 pm

I really have no idea what is up with Jobiwan ... but I have been in some of his games and it is VERY frustrating!!!

At least go through the games that are still going on ... and if he is still alive in any of them maybe turn his troops neutral to stop the waste of time waiting for them to timeout.

Thoughts??
Stormbringer is thirsty --- Thursting for YOUR Soul!
Captain ElricTheGreat
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:33 pm

ElricTheGreat wrote:I really have no idea what is up with Jobiwan ... but I have been in some of his games and it is VERY frustrating!!!

At least go through the games that are still going on ... and if he is still alive in any of them maybe turn his troops neutral to stop the waste of time waiting for them to timeout.

Thoughts??

He has been eliminated from every game in this tournament, and has zero points, so there's no danger of it happening in the next round.

(No, they don't give us special powers to influence games, so I couldn't have forced him out, but he missed enough turns to force himself out.)

It's unfortunate that he managed to destabilize a couple of these games before he died..:(
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:02 pm

Well, my friends, tonight I get my first long-haul load of the season, going to Abbotsford Quebec, so I'll be passing through Montreal tonight while you guys are playing on the Montreal map! Isn't that just too cute?

:D

Hopefully by the time I come back our C&F judges will finally be ready with an announcement.

Okay, I'll be away for about 30 hours so nothing really cataclysmic should happen in the meantime! Enjoy the games; good luck!
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Gilligan on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:20 am

Howdy here folks! The results are in!

kiwi3... 2 points
wolfpack0530, GregDavidson, Mekii, MattiWacklin, ElricTheGreat, Mad777... 1 point each

Nice jokes all :D
Captain Gilligan

Postby support81ghent on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:23 pm

I can proudly say that my team and me won the quads game Game 8725373 , that ive won both escalating games Game 8725299 Game 8725201 and am trying to win the nucs game Game 8725080 as well :D :twisted:
Corporal support81ghent

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:13 am

Gilligan wrote:Howdy here folks! The results are in!

kiwi3... 2 points
wolfpack0530, GregDavidson, Mekii, MattiWacklin, ElricTheGreat, Mad777... 1 point each

Nice jokes all :D

Thank Gilligan and judges!
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:14 am

support81ghent wrote:I can proudly say that my team and me won the quads game Game 8725373 , that ive won both escalating games Game 8725299 Game 8725201 and am trying to win the nucs game Game 8725080 as well :D :twisted:

Pretty good score you will be racking up!
=D>
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby support81ghent on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:07 am

Dukasaur wrote:
support81ghent wrote:I can proudly say that my team and me won the quads game Game 8725373 , that ive won both escalating games Game 8725299 Game 8725201 and am trying to win the nucs game Game 8725080 as well :D :twisted:

Pretty good score you will be racking up!
=D>

I call that: BEING LUCKY xD
Corporal support81ghent

Postby kiwi3 on Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:48 pm

Games 8725298 and 8725175 are complete.
Lieutenant kiwi3
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:59 am

All the team games and all the escalators are complete. Six of the eight nuclear games are still running. This weekend I will tabulate the scores thus far, with or without the nukes.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:27 pm

Greetings my friends! Hope everyone is enjoying the tournament thus far!

A few C&F announcements as the second task approaches:

1. With six games still running, I'm not sure when it will be possible to start the Vancouver games, but the second (Vancouver) C&F task will be posted on Sunday April 10th, at noon Vancouver time. This is in keeping with our new policy that C&F tasks are to be posted at noon in the local time of the map that they pertain to. (Yes, Mac, that means the Hong Kong task will be posted at noon Hong Kong time!)

The second Colour and Flavour task will be slightly more difficult than the first. The intent is to gradually increase the difficulty level as the tournament goes on.

2. Less than half of the tournament players took a shot at the first C&F task. I'd like to see more of you get into it. Remember, there is no extra fee for participating in the C&F component!

Standard bribes, however, are still verrrrrry important...:-)

3. A reminder: even if you are eliminated from the tournament, you can continue participating in the Colour and Flavour component! The GA medal "Most Expressive Excursionist" will be given to the player with the most C&F points overall, regardless of how well they did in the games.

4. We are continuing to tweak the C&F rules. At present, the judges are no longer being limited to giving out only five points overall, although there is still a hard maximum of five points per player per phase. My apologies to those who think rules should be immutable: nobody has ever tried a tournament exactly like this before, so to some degree I'm making it up as I go along. I think the changes are strengthening, rather than weakening, the robustness of the tourney.

5. For those who didn't notice, Gilligan has posted the Montreal C&F scores.

6. I will be sending this announcement out by PM as a convenience. Remember however, that only the version in the tournament thread is official. This applies also to any responses you may have.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2012