Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: Pig Roast: Holidays 2011 [Ongoing: Standings Updated 11/

Postby dmastrong on Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:39 pm

in please
Lieutenant dmastrong

Postby WorldCup4James on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:02 pm

dmastrong wrote:in please

dmastrong is taking over, for the rest of the tournament, for banned shoon2begod. Welcome, dmastrong!
Sergeant 1st Class WorldCup4James

Postby musicalmaven on Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:42 pm

this is to inform you that i won game # 10039645 against ultraman, in group o - and he went first.
Sergeant 1st Class musicalmaven

Postby solar on Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:12 am

someone need to join my game ,been a couple days now. :-s
ImageAsk not what your country can do for you,ask what can i do for my country..JFK.
Private 1st Class solar

Postby WorldCup4James on Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:43 pm

As of November 13, everything (standings, list of games) has been updated:

I'm needing quite a few reserves in the Fractured America Cup that I'm hosting at the moment.
If you like 6-player Standard games on Fractured America and want some additional tourney action feel free to sign up!

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=133502

The Tournament Standings Board and the List of Players and their Scores (click here)

List of All Tournament Games and the Maps Selected by Roasters (click here)
FOUR openings in A Chance to Write History: WWIII. All premium players accepted; help me fill these vacancies! :)

Postby WorldCup4James on Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:55 pm

All groups have been updated; this includes standings and list of games.

Most of our groups are now in Rotation 2, with a few ahead in 3 and one or two still in Rotation 1.

Be sure to check here regularly: these 2 links are your sources for ALL tournament details.

Also, as a piggy, DON'T lose hope against a Roaster on a tough map: it just takes one win and everything can change for you. After all, become the Roaster just once and you can begin a long string of victories on any maps that you dominate on.

This is evident by our top performer at the moment, woopintroysbutt, who is featured for having won all 3 games in each of the first 2 Rotations: that's 6 straight victories. He's therefore been the Roaster for three consecutive rounds! =D>

The Tournament Standings Board and the List of Players and their Scores (click here)

Postby musicalmaven on Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:02 am

this is to inform you that i won game # 10095798 against general bax.

Postby musicalmaven on Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:16 pm

this is to inform you that i won game # 10095797 against ultraman - but, unfortunately, i lost the third game to vegnagun.

Postby WorldCup4James on Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:15 pm

musicalmaven wrote:this is to inform you that i won game # 10095797 against ultraman - but, unfortunately, i lost the third game to vegnagun.

Thank you for the updates; rest assured I am tracking all games ;)

Once again: Standings and the logs for all the groups have been updated, up to date as of the date above.

Postby musicalmaven on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:56 pm

this is to inform you that i won game # 10118748 against vegnagun.

Postby musicalmaven on Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:00 am

i see your note - do you wish me to stop informing you of any future games that i might win?

Postby WorldCup4James on Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:46 am

musicalmaven wrote:i see your note - do you wish me to stop informing you of any future games that i might win?

;) You won't need to inform me; I'm tracking them all, once I get a chance I update all the groups.
But good job informing me since this is advice given in the CC handbook for players. So good that you're willing to help the organizer =D>

Postby WorldCup4James on Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:29 pm

Once again: Standings and the logs for all the groups have been updated, up to date as of the date above.

We should be seeing more players being Roasted soon. Just around Thanksgiving time. How...coincidental... 8-[ ;)

Postby WorldCup4James on Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:04 am

Standings and the logs for all the groups have been updated, up to date as of the date above.

For our North American friends, it's the day after Thanksgiving. Anyone out there actually enjoy a roasted pig?

Favorite food at Thanksgiving dinner? It's gotta be the sweet potato casserole of course! O:) O:)

4 piggies have already been roasted... :twisted: :twisted: :evil:

Postby WorldCup4James on Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Pig Roast: Holidays 2011 [Ongoing: Standings Updated 12/

Postby WorldCup4James on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:23 am

First standings update of December; it's been a hectic week and I've been wanting to update earlier but time has not been on my side :evil:

But now,
Standings and the logs for all the groups have been updated, up to date as of the date above (December 2).

Postby WorldCup4James on Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:51 am

Standings and the logs for all the groups have been updated, up to date as of the date above (December 9).

Postby WorldCup4James on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:09 pm

December 15 Update

After just over a month of play, 23 of our fellow 64 competitors have been roasted. william tennant has joined woopintroysbutt as the first players advancing into the next stage, the Sizzling Sixteen. All around, some great sportsmanship and fierce battles. Quite a few of the underdogs (namely vegnagun in Group O) have made things interesting through some great upsets of the top pot players.

Quite a few of the groups have reached bitter stalemates, and players will have to dig deep into their arsenal of favorite maps. For instance, group G has all 4 competitors just about all square at 2 letters a piece.

Standings and the logs for all the groups have been updated; check them out to see the progression of games and how you're faring :D .

Postby traffic133 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:30 am

i choose woodbro. man,chained,foggy,flat rate
Cook traffic133

Postby WorldCup4James on Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:12 pm

December 19 Update

206 games in, and 3 players have qualified for the Sizzling Sixteen. I wish everyone a good winter solstice/holiday season ( :lol: ). This will be the last update, as I am going to have some fun on a Christmas vacation.
See you in the New Year, eh?

Also check out my new tournament, in which you can write the script for and fight in World War III!

Standings and the logs for all the groups have been updated; check them out to see the progression of games and how you're faring :D .

FOUR openings in A Chance to Write History: WWIII. All premium players accepted; help me fill these vacancies! :)

Postby WorldCup4James on Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:59 pm

Important Approved Alteration of the Rules

In response to the activity thus far in the tournament, I deem it necessary to add this to the Rules, under the No-Show Policy section.

Inactive Roaster Clause

• a) Should the Roaster of a group that has at least 2 piggies still alive fail to provide the organizer with a map and settings after 3 hours (and any additional grace time added by the organizer) upon being informed he is the Roaster, then, according to the aforementioned No-Show Policy, each of his opponents will be "credited with a win." As a result, the Roaster will get a letter because he has, effectively, lost to each alive piggy in the group.

To determine which of the piggies will be the Roaster for the next Rotation, the piggies still alive in the tournament shall play in 1, Standard game on a Random map (using the Random setting) with the CC default settings and a 50-round limit. The CC default settings are Automatic Initial Troops, Sequential Play Order, Escalating Spoils, Chained Reinforcements, No Fog of War, and 24 Hours Round Length.

The winner of this 1, Standard game will be the Roaster for the next Rotation

A reserve does NOT replace the inactive Roaster; rather, a letter is added to the inactive Roaster, and play continues; the inactive player continues to receive invites to his games. In other words, should the inactive Roaster, who is now a piggy in the next Rotation, become active, he shall continue playing in the group.

Should the player remain inactive, then he would receive a letter during each Rotation because he will have lost to the Roaster in each Rotation (having forfeit his match).

• b) Should the Roaster of a group that has only 1 piggy still alive fail to provide the organizer with a map and settings after 3 hours (and any additional grace time added by the organizer) upon being informed he is the Roaster, then, according to the aforementioned No-Show Policy, his opponent will be "credited with a win." As a result, the Roaster will get a letter because he has, effectively, lost to each alive piggy in the group.

The 1 alive piggie in the group will then become Roaster in the next Rotation.

Postby WorldCup4James on Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:03 pm

Last Day of 2011: Update

Standings and the logs for all the groups have been updated.

I wish everyone a great new year, health and prosperity to all!

I've returned from my holiday vacation and we're kicking the Roast back into full gear! All groups still active will be entering their next Rotation shortly!

Also, be sure to note the Inactive Roaster Clause above, which has been added to the Rules.

Re: Pig Roast: Holidays 2011 [Ongoing: Standings Updated 1/2

Postby WorldCup4James on Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:03 am

Re: Pig Roast: Holidays 2011 [Ongoing: Standings Updated 1/2

Postby WorldCup4James on Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: Pig Roast: Holidays 2011 [Ongoing: Standings Updated 1/8

Postby WorldCup4James on Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:43 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2012