Conquer Club

TLO 2012 IV [Winners: Harem Kings]

Tournaments completed in 2012.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: TLO 2012 IV [Round 6]

Postby agentcom on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:09 am

Lx has been posting over there in the C&A, so he's aware of it. Probably thinking/talking to the team about how this should be resolved.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Lindax on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:15 pm

agentcom wrote:This is an obvious violation of tourney rules regardless of whether it's found to be a violation of site rules:

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... 5&t=174462.

The first game listed is a TLO game against us. I don't know if this has been happening in their other TLO games, but I think there's enough here that this and possibly other games shouldn't count.

Lindax wrote:
Account Sitting Rule
Account sitting is allowed, as long as:

1. It is done according to CC rules and guidelines
  2. It's done for team members only (if the sitter is participating in the tournament)
  3. It is announced in the chat for every turn taken
  4. It is announced in this thread if it is more than one turn (holiday, longer absence, etc.)

Note: If a player is going on holiday for example, he/she should notify the Team Captain and that player should not be assigned games for that period. In other words, account sitting is to be avoided when reasonably possible.

agentcom wrote:Lx has been posting over there in the C&A, so he's aware of it. Probably thinking/talking to the team about how this should be resolved.

I am indeed aware of the issue and will look into it.

For now, I would like to clear up another issue about account sitting. Here's a quote from the game chat of Game 11177036:

2012-06-11 17:38:55 - Pirlo: italianipastido for Pirlo
2012-06-12 12:39:36 - Benzorrr: tofu: as you guys just saw we had a non-teammate take a turn for pirlo. i'm not quite sure how that happened, but technically, it is against the rules. in the interest of fair play i wanted to inform you.

Even though italianipastido is not a team member of Pirlo, he was allowed to take that turn because he is not a member of any other team participating in the tournament. That is how the rule was meant.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Teflon Kris on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:05 pm

General Achievement Medals to be awarded to the following players for the First Team Shutout :

• Denise
  • catnipdreams
  • Chuuuuck
  • Dako
  • Chariot of Fire
  • Pedronicus

=D> =D> =D>
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby Graceless_ on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:28 pm

DJ Teflon wrote:General Achievement Medals to be awarded to the following players for the First Team Shutout :

• Denise
  • catnipdreams
  • Chuuuuck
  • Dako
  • Chariot of Fire
  • Pedronicus

=D> =D> =D>

If we're trying to be honest here, CoF is probably the only person on that list that deserves a medal.
Sergeant 1st Class Graceless_

Postby josko.ri on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:36 pm

Benzorrr wrote:
DJ Teflon wrote:General Achievement Medals to be awarded to the following players for the First Team Shutout :

• Denise
  • catnipdreams
  • Chuuuuck
  • Dako
  • Chariot of Fire
  • Pedronicus

=D> =D> =D>

If we're trying to be honest here, CoF is probably the only person on that list that deserves a medal.

Whatever you think, type of comments like this definitely are not in the place. at first, verdict is not done yet, at second (more important) 3 of those 6 players are not accused in C&A by any word. comment like this is pretty rude to them.
Major josko.ri

Postby Lindax on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:42 pm

josko.ri wrote:
Benzorrr wrote:

• Denise
  • catnipdreams
  • Chuuuuck
  • Dako
  • Chariot of Fire
  • Pedronicus

=D> =D> =D>

Whatever you think, type of comments like this definitely are not in the place. at first, verdict is not done yet, at second (more important) 3 of those 6 players are not accused in C&A by any word. comment like this is pretty rude to them.

Let's refrain from getting into a discussion about this guys. I'm investigating the whole issue (as far as TLO is concerned), including this First Team Shutout and the GA Medals.

Please be patient. I'll let everybody know the outcome as soon as I made a decision.

Thanks,

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby agentcom on Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:55 am

Lindax wrote:
Lindax wrote:
Account Sitting Rule
Account sitting is allowed, as long as:

1. It is done according to CC rules and guidelines
  2. It's done for team members only (if the sitter is participating in the tournament)
  3. It is announced in the chat for every turn taken
  4. It is announced in this thread if it is more than one turn (holiday, longer absence, etc.)

Note: If a player is going on holiday for example, he/she should notify the Team Captain and that player should not be assigned games for that period. In other words, account sitting is to be avoided when reasonably possible.

For now, I would like to clear up another issue about account sitting. Here's a quote from the game chat of Game 11177036:[/color][/b]

2012-06-11 17:38:55 - Pirlo: italianipastido for Pirlo
2012-06-12 12:39:36 - Benzorrr: tofu: as you guys just saw we had a non-teammate take a turn for pirlo. i'm not quite sure how that happened, but technically, it is against the rules. in the interest of fair play i wanted to inform you.

Even though italianipastido is not a team member of Pirlo, he was allowed to take that turn because he is not a member of any other team participating in the tournament. That is how the rule was meant.

Lx

I was part of the team that noticed this "rule violation." But it was actually me who misread the rule and informed Ben. Only after I went back to look at the rule again for the whole CoF thing did I notice that I actually misread the rule. So that one's my bad. Sorry to cause a momentary panic for my team and possibly you Lx. The part that you bolded is the critical clause.
Colonel agentcom

Re: TLO 2012 IV [Update]

Postby Lindax on Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:20 am

-
Round 5 is completed. The game rosters, results and standings have been updated. Keep in mind that there is still 1 game ongoing in Round 2!

For the Schedule, Maps & Settings and other Round Info:
Click here

For the Results & Standings: Click here

Lx

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Lindax on Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:21 pm

----
Round 7 games have been sent, please join them a.s.a.p.

Deadline for joining the games: Tuesday, July 17, 20:30 hrs. GMT.

If there is a problem with joining a game, please let your Team Captain know (if possible, if not, contact me).

Click here

Have fun all!

Lx

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby WPBRJ on Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:07 pm

Master Fenrir wrote:Harem Kings vs. DYNASTY - Round 5 Final

S1: Game 11242190 - DYNASTY
S2: Game 11242199 - Harem Kings
D1: Game 11242214 - Harem Kings
D2: Game 11242229 - DYNASTY
D3: Game 11242239 - DYNASTY
D4: Game 11242250 - Harem Kings
T1: Game 11242273 - Harem Kings
T2: Game 11242294 - Harem Kings
Q1: Game 11242309 - DYNASTY

Harem Kings win 11-9

well played HK
Lieutenant WPBRJ

Postby Lindax on Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:11 pm

----
I have 2 updates/announcements:

1.- Team Sweden failed to join 3 games in time once again. This time giving 9 points to their opponents. I have removed them from the tournament (see pm below). Their team match results will be scrapped and from now on their opponents in future rounds will have a bye that round. It's a mayor headache, however, don't blame me, blame Team Sweden.

Lindax wrote:Team Sweden,

In the games for round 7, once again some players failed to join their games on time. Belgian Blue failed to join a triples game and alstergren failed to join a doubles, a triples and a quads game. This resulted once again in forfeited games worth 9 points out of 20, basically giving the win to the opponents team.

This is the third time. I can see it happen once, but 3 times in 7 rounds simply shows that you guys are not interested and don't take this tournament serious. It also shows utter disrespect to the other teams and players, as well as the Tournament Organizer.

After the second time I sent the Team captain. Lufsen75, a pm warning him that if the team would do this once more it would be removed from the tournament. So, hereby Team Sweden is removed from the TLO 2012 IV tournament.

Lx

----

2.- I have come to a decision in the case of Possible violation of the TLO 2012 IV tournament rules by members of team TOFUkingood, in particular the player Chariot of Fire:

In my function as the Tournament Organizer I have investigated this issue. I have corresponded with various members of the team in question, as well as the player in question. Besides that I have consulted other Team Captains who may have knowledge about this issue. On top of that I have consulted the Multi-Hunters of Conquer Club. In all my communications I have promised that any info provided would be treated as confidential in an effort to get as much information as possible.

My conclusions:

1.- Based on my investigation I found no evidence of account sitting abuse in TLO 2012 IV games.

2.- There are a few instances of account sitting (taking turns for another player) without announcing it in the game chat.

3.- One player of team TOFUkingood, chuuuuck, has not taken any of his own turns in the Team Shutout in Round 5.

Based on these conclusions I have made the following decisions:

1.- Two members from team TOFUkingood, Chariot of Fire and Denise, received a warning for failing to announce in the game chat that they took turns for other players. If they were to commit the same mistake/offence again they may be expelled from this tournament.

2.- The results of the games (and matches) in question stand and will not be changed.

3.- chuuuuck is not entitled to the General Achievement Medal for the First Team Shutout in Round 5 and I have asked the TD in charge to cancel it.

Further comments:

1.- During my investigation I found several occasions, not involving the above mentioned team or player(s), where I have a strong suspicion (no proof) that turns were taken for other players without announcing it in the game chat. Please guys, when you take a turn for another player, announce it in the chat.

2.- In order to receive a General Achievement Medal for MVP or MVTM you must follow the tournament rules and Conquer Club rules and/or guidelines for the duration of this tournament.

Iā€™m sorry that for now I cannot provide any more details due to my promise of confidentiality and the fact that there is still an ongoing C&A case. I am confident that my decisions are fair and just. If you disagree with that, please refrain from discussing that here. You can send me a PM or you can contact the leader of the Tournament Department, Night Strike, to appeal my decision(s).

Lx

Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Re: TLO 2012 IV [Round 7]

Postby Chariot of Fire on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:59 pm

Shame about Team Sweden. Kind of surprising too, as these guys had been tourney regulars and have participated well in the TLO for as long as I can remember.

And thank you for drawing the conclusion you have made re account sitting. Apologies for not announcing the two occasions I covered for players other than Chuck (warning noted).
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Dako on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:44 am

Well ruled Lx. Thanks.
Colonel Dako

Postby Lindax on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:05 pm

-
The game rosters for Round 6 have been updated. There are still 12 games ongoing.

Click here

Lx

Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Lindax on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:09 pm

Team "As usual": Grond and downfall are gone for the weekend.

Turns will be covered by myself and other team/clan mates.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby uckuki on Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:35 pm

Team Tutti Frutti change:

D4, T1 player

MNDuke is out
Namliam is in

tx
Major uckuki

Postby uckuki on Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:35 pm

Round 5
Beef Leftovers vs Tutti Frutti 11:9

S1 Game 11242183 Iceland - Beef Leftovers
S2 Game 11242194 City Mogul - Tutti Frutti

D1 Game 11242206 Forbidden City - Tutti Frutti
D2 Game 11242222 Berlin 1961 - FOED
D3 Game 11242234 Archipelago - Beef Leftovers
D4 Game 11242245 San Marino - Beef Leftovers

T1 Game 11242265 Chicago - Beef Leftovers
T2 Game 11242286 Vancouver - FOED

Q1 Game 11242304 Caribbean Islands - Beef Leftovers
Major uckuki

Postby Lindax on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:57 am

uckuki wrote:Round 5
Beef Leftovers vs Tutti Frutti 11:9

S1 Game 11242183 Iceland - Beef Leftovers
S2 Game 11242194 City Mogul - Tutti Frutti

D1 Game 11242206 Forbidden City - Tutti Frutti
D2 Game 11242222 Berlin 1961 - FOED
D3 Game 11242234 Archipelago - Beef Leftovers
D4 Game 11242245 San Marino - Beef Leftovers

T1 Game 11242265 Chicago - Beef Leftovers
T2 Game 11242286 Vancouver - FOED

Q1 Game 11242304 Caribbean Islands - Beef Leftovers

Thanks, that makes it 12-8 though. ;)

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Night Strike on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:13 pm

In reply to a complaint filed by The Reds team:

In regards to the TOFU situation, I don't have any idea how Lindax could have justified the decision that account sitting abuse didn't occur in his tournament games, especially when C&A hasn't even reached a verdict. Furthermore, it seems like the team clearly violated the rules of this tournament, which are even stricter than the site's rules. Although I think having the only punishment to the team being a warning is incredibly light given the situation, it's Lindax's choice how to discipline the teams that break the rules since there is no set punishment scale or disqualifying factor within the tournament rules.

That being said, I think it would have been much more prudent to wait until an official C&A ruling was announced before announcing the tournament punishment. In light of that, I hope the decision to not punish the team for the violations will be considered after a formal verdict is announced, especially if it ends up in strict punishments/bans for the accused. Even more so because it could affect the ability of the team to compete in the tournament.
Major Night Strike

Postby prismsaber on Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:16 pm

Agree with Night Strike - Also, given that the time frame of the abuse accusations matches up well with the timing of the tournament,I think it's pretty naive to think some abuse did not occur in this tournament.

Night Strike wrote:In reply to a complaint filed by The Reds team:

In regards to the TOFU situation, I don't have any idea how Lindax could have justified the decision that account sitting abuse didn't occur in his tournament games, especially when C&A hasn't even reached a verdict. Furthermore, it seems like the team clearly violated the rules of this tournament, which are even stricter than the site's rules. Although I think having the only punishment to the team being a warning is incredibly light given the situation, it's Lindax's choice how to discipline the teams that break the rules since there is no set punishment scale or disqualifying factor within the tournament rules.

That being said, I think it would have been much more prudent to wait until an official C&A ruling was announced before announcing the tournament punishment. In light of that, I hope the decision to not punish the team for the violations will be considered after a formal verdict is announced, especially if it ends up in strict punishments/bans for the accused. Even more so because it could affect the ability of the team to compete in the tournament.
Colonel prismsaber

Postby Lindax on Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:36 pm

Night Strike wrote:In reply to a complaint filed by The Reds team:

Of course you have no idea I could justify my decision, because you never asked me. Don't you think that if somebody files a complaint it would be the correct thing to do to ask me first how I got to my conclusions and decisions? Another example of leadership in the tournament department failing miserably....

Not to mention the fact that you didn't even have the decency to send this to me by pm, I had to find out here in the public thread.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby drunkmonkey on Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:49 pm

I agree, very poor form to call Lindax out in public like that, especially when he has no obligation to punish any players in the tourney based on a pending C&A report. I'm also not surprised.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Night Strike on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:13 pm

Lindax wrote:Not to mention the fact that you didn't even have the decency to send this to me by pm, I had to find out here in the public thread.

drunkmonkey wrote:I agree, very poor form to call Lindax out in public like that, especially when he has no obligation to punish any players in the tourney based on a pending C&A report. I'm also not surprised.

It would have been posted in the thread even if I had sent it in PM. As I mentioned to Lindax in a new PM, I didn't originally PM him about the complaint because when I looked at it, I quickly decided that I wasn't going to overturn the decision. I was mostly just waiting to see if C&A ruled before I weighed in on this thread. If C&A had ruled and I felt a different punishment could be necessary, I would have asked for further information.
Major Night Strike

Postby Denise on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:33 pm

Night Strike wrote:...after a formal verdict is announced...it could affect the ability of the team to compete in the tournament.

How? Four of our six players aren't named in the report, so why would it? We only need four to play.

Night Strike, you don't know the facts so you shouldn't come in here with phrases such as "it seems like" and "I think", followed by allegations of impropriety which you don't know to be true. The C&A report names a few games, only 1 of which was a TLO tournament game. Except for a few instances of unannounced sitting by myself and CoF, the TLO games were cleared, not only by Lindax but, apparently, also by the C&A team, which he contacted. Even if the C&A report goes against 2 or our players, that has nothing to do with the games our team played in this tournament.
Colonel Denise

Postby Lindax on Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:14 pm

----
Extra Games 7 & 8 have been sent, please join them a.s.a.p.

Deadline for joining the games: Tuesday, July 24, 19:30 hrs. GMT

If there is a problem with joining a game, please let your Team Captain know (if possible, if not, contact me).

Click here

Have fun all!

Lx

Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2012