Conquer Club

TLO 2012 IV [Winners: Harem Kings]

Tournaments completed in 2012.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: TLO 2012 IV [Update]

Postby josko.ri on Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:08 pm

Lindax wrote:1.- Team Sweden failed to join 3 games in time once again. This time giving 9 points to their opponents. I have removed them from the tournament (see pm below). Their team match results will be scrapped and from now on their opponents in future rounds will have a bye that round. It's a mayor headache, however, don't blame me, blame Team Sweden.

so their future opponents will get a bye, and what will happen with their games from first 7 rounds? will it be voided too?
Major josko.ri

Postby Lindax on Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:21 pm

josko.ri wrote:
Lindax wrote:1.- Team Sweden failed to join 3 games in time once again. This time giving 9 points to their opponents. I have removed them from the tournament (see pm below). Their team match results will be scrapped and from now on their opponents in future rounds will have a bye that round. It's a mayor headache, however, don't blame me, blame Team Sweden.

so their future opponents will get a bye, and what will happen with their games from first 7 rounds? will it be voided too?

Yes, they will. That's what I meant by: "Their team match results will be scrapped....".

I'll post the updated standings soon.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Re: TLO 2012 IV [Round 7]

Postby josko.ri on Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:19 pm

I am sitting for agonzos next 7 days because he is travelling, he has only 2 active games in TLO.
Major josko.ri

Postby Lindax on Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:11 pm

----
The game rosters for Round 8 have been posted, no changes will be allowed (unforeseen situations excluded, pending my discretion).

Round 8 will start July 29, coming Sunday.

For the Schedule, Maps & Settings and other Round Info:
Click here

Lx

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Lufsen75 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:03 am

Lindax wrote:----
I have 2 updates/announcements:

1.- Team Sweden failed to join 3 games in time once again. This time giving 9 points to their opponents. I have removed them from the tournament (see pm below). Their team match results will be scrapped and from now on their opponents in future rounds will have a bye that round. It's a mayor headache, however, don't blame me, blame Team Sweden.

Lindax wrote:Team Sweden,

In the games for round 7, once again some players failed to join their games on time. Belgian Blue failed to join a triples game and alstergren failed to join a doubles, a triples and a quads game. This resulted once again in forfeited games worth 9 points out of 20, basically giving the win to the opponents team.

This is the third time. I can see it happen once, but 3 times in 7 rounds simply shows that you guys are not interested and don't take this tournament serious. It also shows utter disrespect to the other teams and players, as well as the Tournament Organizer.

After the second time I sent the Team captain. Lufsen75, a pm warning him that if the team would do this once more it would be removed from the tournament. So, hereby Team Sweden is removed from the TLO 2012 IV tournament.

Lx

----

2.- I have come to a decision in the case of Possible violation of the TLO 2012 IV tournament rules by members of team TOFUkingood, in particular the player Chariot of Fire:

In my function as the Tournament Organizer I have investigated this issue. I have corresponded with various members of the team in question, as well as the player in question. Besides that I have consulted other Team Captains who may have knowledge about this issue. On top of that I have consulted the Multi-Hunters of Conquer Club. In all my communications I have promised that any info provided would be treated as confidential in an effort to get as much information as possible.

My conclusions:

1.- Based on my investigation I found no evidence of account sitting abuse in TLO 2012 IV games.

2.- There are a few instances of account sitting (taking turns for another player) without announcing it in the game chat.

3.- One player of team TOFUkingood, chuuuuck, has not taken any of his own turns in the Team Shutout in Round 5.

Based on these conclusions I have made the following decisions:

1.- Two members from team TOFUkingood, Chariot of Fire and Denise, received a warning for failing to announce in the game chat that they took turns for other players. If they were to commit the same mistake/offence again they may be expelled from this tournament.

2.- The results of the games (and matches) in question stand and will not be changed.

3.- chuuuuck is not entitled to the General Achievement Medal for the First Team Shutout in Round 5 and I have asked the TD in charge to cancel it.

Further comments:

1.- During my investigation I found several occasions, not involving the above mentioned team or player(s), where I have a strong suspicion (no proof) that turns were taken for other players without announcing it in the game chat. Please guys, when you take a turn for another player, announce it in the chat.

2.- In order to receive a General Achievement Medal for MVP or MVTM you must follow the tournament rules and Conquer Club rules and/or guidelines for the duration of this tournament.

Iā€™m sorry that for now I cannot provide any more details due to my promise of confidentiality and the fact that there is still an ongoing C&A case. I am confident that my decisions are fair and just. If you disagree with that, please refrain from discussing that here. You can send me a PM or you can contact the leader of the Tournament Department, Night Strike, to appeal my decision(s).

Lx

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As team Captain I am really sorry for the things happened and I will take my responcebility for it. In case we are a part of any other tournaments I will strongly look out who will represent our team. I agree with Lindax that we must be exspelled from tournament.
Sorry to see it when I am back from vacation and on internet again though.

Regards, Lufsen75
Corporal 1st Class Lufsen75

Postby Lindax on Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:08 pm

Lufsen75 wrote:As team Captain I am really sorry for the things happened and I will take my responcebility for it. In case we are a part of any other tournaments I will strongly look out who will represent our team. I agree with Lindax that we must be exspelled from tournament.
Sorry to see it when I am back from vacation and on internet again though.

Regards, Lufsen75

Thank you for understanding Lufsen.

The adjusted/corrected standings have been posted on page 1.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Re: TLO 2012 IV [Round 7]

Postby Robespierre__ on Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:54 pm

Lindax,

Just want to thank you mid-stream for such a well-run tournament. Very organized and enjoyable to play.

Robes
Major Robespierre__

Postby Lindax on Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:00 pm

----
Round 8 games have been sent, please join them a.s.a.p.

Deadline for joining the games: Tuesday, July 31, 21:00 hrs. GMT.

If there is a problem with joining a game, please let your Team Captain know (if possible, if not, contact me).

Note: josko.ri from team "King Arthur's Bovine", has a 24 hour extension to join his games.

Click here

Have fun all!

Lx

Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Re: TLO 2012 IV [Round 8]

Postby Denise on Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:51 pm

I am sitting for Seulessliathan for a few days. I'm not sure exactly for how long, but it will likely be 3 to 5 days. I'll post again when he's back.
Colonel Denise

Postby Lindax on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:49 pm

-
Round 6 is completed. The game rosters, results and standings have been updated. Keep in mind that there is still 1 game ongoing in Round 2 (although it looks like it may be decided)!

Click here

For the Results & Standings: Click here

Lx

Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby nolefan5311 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:38 pm

If a player is going on a two week vacation, shouldn't you have been notified Lindax and that player not assigned to games?
Captain nolefan5311

Postby Lindax on Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:06 pm

nolefan5311 wrote:If a player is going on a two week vacation, shouldn't you have been notified Lindax and that player not assigned to games?

If a player knows he/she is going to be away for more than a few days, that player needs to notify the Team Captain, who can then not assign him/her games. This would be the ideal situation, it's not a rule written in stone....

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby josko.ri on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:52 pm

nolefan5311 wrote:If a player is going on a two week vacation, shouldn't you have been notified Lindax and that player not assigned to games?

he is referring to Game 11434877 and I wrote our reasons in the chat there.

anyway, Moonchild is on 2 weeks vacation starting from 3rd August. reason for not writing it here in thread is that various players sit for him. I am main sitter, but I will also go on several short vacations in that period (the first of them was 3rd-5th August) so in that case Foxglove or Rodion (other players from our TLO team) will cover for both him and me.

Big problem in removing player from next round is obligation for assigning players 7 days before a round starts, which is 9 days before games of the round start. plans of vacations may be changed a lot in such timeframe. We care about our vacations (agonzos was not signed for round 7 because of his longer vacation), but sometimes vacations comes unexpectedly.
Major josko.ri

Postby Lindax on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:30 pm

josko.ri wrote:

he is referring to Game 11434877 and I wrote our reasons in the chat there.

anyway, Moonchild is on 2 weeks vacation starting from 3rd August. reason for not writing it here in thread is that various players sit for him. I am main sitter, but I will also go on several short vacations in that period (the first of them was 3rd-5th August) so in that case Foxglove or Rodion (other players from our TLO team) will cover for both him and me.

Big problem in removing player from next round is obligation for assigning players 7 days before a round starts, which is 9 days before games of the round start. plans of vacations may be changed a lot in such timeframe. We care about our vacations (agonzos was not signed for round 7 because of his longer vacation), but sometimes vacations comes unexpectedly.

Understood. Just keep in mind everybody, that you guys can always contact me for a player change as long as there is a good reason.

All those tournament rules are not in place to make your lives miserable, but for me to be able to manage this complicated tournament. If you contact me with a little bit of time I will always do my best to accommodate everybody with the flow and fairness of the tournament in mind.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Denise on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:36 pm

Denise wrote:I am sitting for Seulessliathan for a few days. I'm not sure exactly for how long, but it will likely be 3 to 5 days. I'll post again when he's back.

Seul is back.
Colonel Denise

Postby Lindax on Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:01 pm

----
The game rosters for Round 9 have been posted, no changes will be allowed (unforeseen situations excluded, pending my discretion).

Round 9 will start August 12, coming Sunday.

Click here

Lx

Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Iron Maid on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:16 pm

Extra Game 5: Game 11265697 is won by Iron Maid (Harem Kings) :D

Extra Game 7: Game 11416086 is won by Iron Maid (Harem Kings) ;)
Highest Rank: 60 (Brigadier) Score: 3139 Date: March 26th 2010
Winner of Official 2010 CC World Cup - Singles & Official 200 Maps Tournament
Major Iron Maid
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Lindax on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:02 am

Iron Maid wrote:Extra Game 5: Game 11265697 is won by Iron Maid (Harem Kings) :D

Extra Game 7: Game 11416086 is won by Iron Maid (Harem Kings) ;)

Thanks. Second post updated.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby uckuki on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:32 am

Round 6
TebowJet v Tutti Frutti 16:4

S1 Game 11311108 - Macedonia - TebowJet
S2 Game 11311124 - Cyprus - Tutti Frutti

D1 Game 11311138 - Thyseneal - TebowJet
D2 Game 11311147 - Thailand - TebowJet
D3 Game 11311156 - Flanders 1302 - TebowJet
D4 Game 11311166 - Celtic Seven Nations - TebowJet

T1 Game 11311175 - The Northwest Passage - TebowJet
T2 Game 11311186 - Middle Ages - Tutti Frutti

Q1 Game 11311195 - Clandemonium - TebowJet
Colonel uckuki

Postby Lindax on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:45 am

uckuki wrote:Round 6
TebowJet v Tutti Frutti 16:4

S1 Game 11311108 - Macedonia - TebowJet
S2 Game 11311124 - Cyprus - Tutti Frutti

D1 Game 11311138 - Thyseneal - TebowJet
D2 Game 11311147 - Thailand - TebowJet
D3 Game 11311156 - Flanders 1302 - TebowJet
D4 Game 11311166 - Celtic Seven Nations - TebowJet

T1 Game 11311175 - The Northwest Passage - TebowJet
T2 Game 11311186 - Middle Ages - Tutti Frutti

Q1 Game 11311195 - Clandemonium - TebowJet

Thanks. I already posted the Round 6 results & standings on the first page. ;)

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Lindax on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:41 pm

----
Round 9 games have been sent, please join them a.s.a.p.

Deadline for joining the games: Tuesday, August 14, 20:30 hrs. GMT.

If there is a problem with joining a game, please let your Team Captain know (if possible, if not, contact me).

Click here

Have fun all!

Lx

Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Lindax on Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:06 pm

----
The line-up for Extra Games 9 & 10 have been posted.

The games will start coming Sunday, August 19.

Click here

Lx

Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Re: TLO 2012 IV [Round 9]

Postby josko.ri on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:51 am

Lindax wrote:The team with the highest score at the end wins the tournament. In case of a tie, the team with the most matches won wins. If that still results in a tie the team with the most total points scored win.

I see now that there are not the most points scored the first tie breaker but there are the most matches win (?)

in that case, may you update standings with 3 columns, score, wins, and then points because this standings may be wrong if total wins are more important than total points.

also, question... does wins achieved in extra games count in total wins for the tiebreaker?
Major josko.ri

Postby Dako on Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:29 am

Standings already have those columns. Score si the seconds column, then matches wins is third and at last there is points column which is fourth. For example we have most points but we are ranked 3rd because we have the score of 12.
Colonel Dako

Postby josko.ri on Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:24 am

Dako wrote:Standings already have those columns. Score si the seconds column, then matches wins is third and at last there is points column which is fourth. For example we have most points but we are ranked 3rd because we have the score of 12.

I understood that "matches won" means the most single games won, the single games (8 of them) which are played as a part of one match-up. am I wrong?
Major josko.ri

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2012