The Five Elements [Winner: EnricoPalazzo]

Tournaments completed in 2009.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: The Five Elements - wk 5 FINALS UNDERWAY

Postby Kinnison on Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:08 pm

Week 6 Finals made and mailed out.
Scores updated.
Currently Running Tourneys: -none-
Tourney Winner: "You're Eliminated" III; Keep It Simple Quads - Team Generation One
Lieutenant Kinnison

Re: The Five Elements - FINALS UNDERWAY

Postby Hacx5nine on Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:20 am

wolfpack0530 wrote:wolfpack wins 5E-Finals-r1-4-jgazaille

Im comin for ya Hax5nine :mrgreen:

It seems everyone is coming for me :roll:

Im still calling Enrico the winner for now. I may just attack only him in every game so he stays level with me =D>
Captain Hacx5nine

Re: The Five Elements - wk 7 FINALS UNDERWAY

Postby Kinnison on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:00 pm

Week EIGHT games now posted up...

The scores are closing again... 10 points between first and last... 15 games running, 12 more to come... that's plenty of time to overcome that gap.

Some great games out there, indeedy...
Tourney Winner: "You're Eliminated" III; Keep It Simple Quads - Team Generation One
Lieutenant Kinnison

Re: The Five Elements - wk 8 FINALS UNDERWAY

Postby wolfpack0530 on Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:26 pm

how many rounds in the finals kin? we are in wk 8, are there any more after that? just curious
Captain wolfpack0530

Re: The Five Elements - wk 8 FINALS UNDERWAY

Postby Kinnison on Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:10 am

yep, 10... just like in the elimination. Finals for shuffle will be 5, just like the eliminations there.
Lieutenant Kinnison

Re: The Five Elements - wk 9 FINALS UNDERWAY

Postby Kinnison on Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:28 pm

Week NINE games now posted.

Dimnjacarstef had a terrible week, and chances of winning are now slim. D does have the most games running of any player, however, which helps.

EnricoPalazzo had a great week, but the other three players are in a dead heat, and baying at E's heels. (40, 39, 37 points chasing 47). And E is tied for FEWEST games remaining...

No matter how you look at it, this is gonna be a close finish... Only Six more games to start next Wednesday, then it's just waiting for the results to roll in. After next Wednesday, I will update as often as I can, to keep the scores current-ish.
Lieutenant Kinnison

Re: The Five Elements - ALL FINALS GAMES RUNNING

Postby Kinnison on Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:07 pm

*sigh*

Okay, jgazaille appears to be deadbeating out, massively ruining the finals with only 10 games to go.

BEFORE this brilliant move, NO ONE was mathematically eliminated, and there was a reasonable chance (no certainty, but a chance) of someone overtaking the leader.

Now... *shrug* Okay... Things STILL aren't locked, regardless.

Regardless of what happens, jgazaille and Dimnjacarstef are now both incapable of winning. Dimnjacarstef can exceed EnricoPalazzo's CURRENT score, but EnricoPalazzo has guaranteed points pending due to jgazaille going out first and taking most of the 0 spots.

IF jgazaille comes back, it is possible for Hacx5nine to tie, or, barely possible, win with a maximum performance in all remaining games.

If jgazaille does NOT come back, Hacx5nine cannot overtake EnricoPalazzo. wolfpack0530 still could, but the odds are prohibitive. In this case, EnricoPalazzo's MINIMUM score would be 71. wolfpack0530's MAXIMUM score would be 74.

We should have an official winner in the next two days

....folks, I'm really sorry for the way this is playing out over the last couple of days, not how I wanted my first tournament to end... Well fought... all of those who are actually FIGHTING.

*shakes head sadly as he walks away, muttering*
Lieutenant Kinnison

Postby Kinnison on Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:40 am

Score Update.

About what I expected. 7 games remaining, the numbers remain much like what I quoted last post. Not that in the spreadsheet on google docs, partial game scores are now being recorded. Active games with eliminations now marked in yellow.

Good Luck to everyone!
Lieutenant Kinnison

Postby wolfpack0530 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:33 pm

Kinnison,

It has been a great tourney and well run. I wish i would have chosen a different map :). Against the lower ranks, i was dominating, but against these great players in the finals, nearly all of the brazil games have led to massive build games and stalemates. Also, Hacx keeps kicking my butt on that map ;)

I really dont see any of these games ending in the next couple of days, but you will probably have a clear cut winner once enrico gets a couple more points.

Well done enrico!!!!

And I must say to all of the players in the finals............ you guys are great. I have learned alot playing with/against you. I can honestly say you guys really made me better.

This tourney has made me better. When i first signed up, i had like 20 wins under my belt and barely 1100 points. The only reason i chose brazil is because it was one of the 5 maps i had won on up to that point. Thanks kinnison, thanks everyone.
Captain wolfpack0530

Postby EnricoPalazzo on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:20 pm

Hey all. If I'm understanding correctly, it looks like I've won. Pleasant surprise, as I'd assumed for a while that Hacx had it wrapped up. Great playing with y'all.
Major EnricoPalazzo

Postby wolfpack0530 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:08 pm

EnricoPalazzo wrote:Hey all. If I'm understanding correctly, it looks like I've won. Pleasant surprise, as I'd assumed for a while that Hacx had it wrapped up. Great playing with y'all.

I think i can still overtake you if i win all my games, which seems unlikely
Captain wolfpack0530

Postby Kinnison on Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:46 pm

Congratulations, EnricoPalazzo!

With the elimination of wolfpack0530 from game 5419421, it becomes impossible for any player to amass more than EnricoPalazzo's current score of 70, not to mention his final score of 72+, depending on how that game actually finishes.

So First: I'm declaring a winner, EnricoPalazzo.

Second: I *WILL* continue to update the scores until the remaining 4 games finish, just to finish this thing properly. ;)

Third: Congratulations and THANK YOU to all players. This was my first tournament, it was a bit more challenging than i had expected. The second one, 5E Shuffle, looked worse but ran a bit easier (thanks to the tricks I'd learned in making this one), and I give great thanks I didn't start it until this was in the finals.

Fourth: I'll be taking a break before starting any more of these, probably until at least Thanksgiving (American), due to vacation time and other things getting in the way of constant updating. We'll see what kinds of evil i can think of between now and then. ;)
Lieutenant Kinnison

Postby wolfpack0530 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:21 pm

Kinnison wrote:Congratulations, EnricoPalazzo!

With the elimination of wolfpack0530 from game 5419421, it becomes impossible for any player to amass more than EnricoPalazzo's current score of 70, not to mention his final score of 72+, depending on how that game actually finishes.

So First: I'm declaring a winner, EnricoPalazzo.

Second: I *WILL* continue to update the scores until the remaining 4 games finish, just to finish this thing properly. ;)

Third: Congratulations and THANK YOU to all players. This was my first tournament, it was a bit more challenging than i had expected. The second one, 5E Shuffle, looked worse but ran a bit easier (thanks to the tricks I'd learned in making this one), and I give great thanks I didn't start it until this was in the finals.

Fourth: I'll be taking a break before starting any more of these, probably until at least Thanksgiving (American), due to vacation time and other things getting in the way of constant updating. We'll see what kinds of evil i can think of between now and then. ;)

Congrats EnricoPalazzo!!!!!!!!! Well played major
Captain wolfpack0530

Re: *^The Five Elements [Winner: EnricoPalazzo]

Postby Kinnison on Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:30 pm

No changes to the scoreboard to report, still 3 games running...
Lieutenant Kinnison

Re: *^The Five Elements [Winner: EnricoPalazzo]

Postby Kinnison on Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:22 am

Another game finished. Final rankings not yet determined, so I'll continue to update this as the last two games play out... I'm stubborn that way. ;)
Lieutenant Kinnison

Re: The Five Elements [Winner: EnricoPalazzo]

Postby Kinnison on Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:08 am

*stabs Big ol' Fork into Tournament*

Yep, it's done.

Congratulations to all the competitors. Extra Kudos to our final three finalists... who ground out the last two games for an extra month or so...! There's dedication for ya.

From some of the results I'm getting for the first shuffle tournament, it seems clear that future runs of this tournament franchise will either need to be planned longer, or simply require escalating, which is annoying to me. Not escalating, but restricting the choice that far.

Due to RL, don't expect any 5E torunaments until the holidays/turn of the year... but I plan on running more of these!
Lieutenant Kinnison

Previous

Return to Completed 2009