Conquer Club

Armchair QBs please rate this Superbowl play

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Armchair QBs please rate this Superbowl play

Postby Lonous on Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:53 am

Discuss
https://twitter.com/i/status/1756901463555445040

Apologies for twitter, can't find it anywhere else at the moment.
Major Lonous

Re: Armchair QBs please rate this Superbowl play

Postby Lonous on Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:19 pm

No one?
Some people are questioning a few plays, specifically this one.
SF #54 didn't even lift his arms to try and tackle.
He's clearly close enough.

Click image to enlarge.
Major Lonous

Postby Pack Rat on Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:16 pm

Deep State has deep pockets. Holy Black Sox!, Batman!

Time for a Congressional Investigation. Has anyone questioned Hunter?
Sergeant 1st Class Pack Rat

Postby Votanic on Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:36 pm

Pack Rat wrote:Deep State has deep pockets. Holy Black Sox!, Batman!

Yeah, they asked him, ...but that clown had his head down snorting lines out of some strange-for-hire.... He saw nothing.
Captain Votanic

Postby Pack Rat on Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:41 pm

Votanic wrote:
Pack Rat wrote:Deep State has deep pockets. Holy Black Sox!, Batman!

Yeah, they asked him, ...but that clown had his head down snorting lines out of some strange-for-hire.... He saw nothing.

Everyone has a right to their own poison and working girls. Why does this bother you?

Stop being a prude with nerd tendencies.

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:18 pm

Lonous wrote:Discuss

Yes, this was a key play in the 2nd half. I think Patrick Mahomes had at least two planned runs from scrimmage and scrambled away from sack attempts while being rushed and harassed as a passer. When he went on a called run in the first half, the comment was made (I think it was a quote from a KC coach) that they do not ask Mahomes to rush too often to avoid him getting injured. So both runs caught the San Francisco defense by surprise.

He can avoid the sack and uses his legs very well, when needed.

With his now 3 Super Bowl wins, he now joins Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw as excellent quarterbacks for for the ages. Tom Brady, with 7 SB wins, is ahead of him; so are Bradshaw and Montana, 4 wins each.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/most-super-bowl-wins-teams-players/

He is certainly an excellent QB. He has only lost in the NFL PLayoffs 3x, twice to Brady, including the 2021 SB when Brady went to Tampa Bay and once to Joe Burrow of the Cincinati Bengals.

Mahomes is 14-3 in the postseason in his career, including 3-0 this season. His last loss came during the 2021 season when the Chiefs lost to the Cincinnati Bengals in the AFC championship game.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/chiefs/2024/01/21/patrick-mahomes-first-road-playoff-game-chiefs-bills/72262482007/
JP4Fun

Lieutenant jusplay4fun

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:40 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:
Lonous wrote:Discuss

Yes, this was a key play in the 2nd half. I think Patrick Mahomes had at least two planned runs from scrimmage and scrambled away from sack attempts while being rushed and harassed as a passer. When he went on a called run in the first half, the comment was made (I think it was a quote from a KC coach) that they do not ask Mahomes to rush too often to avoid him getting injured. So both runs caught the San Francisco defense by surprise.

He can avoid the sack and uses his legs very well, when needed.

With his now 3 Super Bowl wins, he now joins Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw as excellent quarterbacks for for the ages. Tom Brady, with 7 SB wins, is ahead of him; so are Bradshaw and Montana, 4 wins each.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/most-super-bowl-wins-teams-players/

He is certainly an excellent QB. He has only lost in the NFL PLayoffs 3x, twice to Brady, including the 2021 SB when Brady went to Tampa Bay and once to Joe Burrow of the Cincinati Bengals.

Mahomes is 14-3 in the postseason in his career, including 3-0 this season. His last loss came during the 2021 season when the Chiefs lost to the Cincinnati Bengals in the AFC championship game.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/chiefs/2024/01/21/patrick-mahomes-first-road-playoff-game-chiefs-bills/72262482007/

Well said, jusplay4fun.
It really is a lovely sport.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:30 pm

Joe Montana is NO Armchair Quarterback, AND:

Until Tom Brady, Joe Montana was considered the Greatest NFL Quarterback the GOAT, before that term was invented. Nice photo of him, btw, posted by Funkyterrance. THANKS, FunkyT..! =D>

Now Joe "Cool" Montana does ads for Guinness Beer (and a few other products).

https://www.jjtaylor.com/guinness-x-joe-montana-what-does-it-mean-to-be-the-greatest-of-all-time/#:~:text=But%20especially%20right%20here%2C%20right,time%20%E2%80%93%20to%20tell%20us%20why%3F

Joseph Clifford Montana Jr. (born June 11, 1956) is an American former football quarterback who played in the National Football League (NFL) for 16 seasons, primarily with the San Francisco 49ers. Nicknamed "Joe Cool" and "the Comeback Kid", Montana is widely regarded as one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time.[1][2][3][4][5][6] After winning a national championship at Notre Dame, Montana began his NFL career in 1979 at San Francisco, where he played for the next 14 seasons.[7] With the 49ers, Montana started and won four Super Bowls and was the first player to be named the Super Bowl Most Valuable Player (MVP) three times. He also holds Super Bowl career records for most passes without an interception (122 in four games) and the all-time highest passer rating of 127.8. In 1993, Montana was traded to the Kansas City Chiefs, where he played for his last two seasons and led the franchise to its first AFC Championship Game. Montana was inducted to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2000.[8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Montana#:~:text=Joseph%20Clifford%20Montana%20Jr.%20(born,greatest%20quarterbacks%20of%20all%20time.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/watch-joe-burrow-featured-in-new-commercial-with-joe-montana#:~:text=CINCINNATI%20%E2%80%94%20Bengals%20quarterback%20Joe%20Burrow,Montana%20in%20the%20new%20commercial.
JP4Fun

Lieutenant jusplay4fun

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:38 pm

also... it was overtime, and Mahomes still had fresh legs from not running much and was moving alot faster then Fred Warner who was exhausted from chasing people around for the entire game. His partner in crime at the other linebacker position Dre Greenlaw had the non-contact achilles injury earlier in the game so Fred was just depleted in my opinion.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:40 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:
Yes, this was a key play in the 2nd half.

This play was in overtime not the 2nd half
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:48 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:

okay, (after halftime) minor correction, accepted.

In my mind, everything after halftime is all merged together. It was still a KEY PLAY.
JP4Fun

Lieutenant jusplay4fun

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:13 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:

okay, (after halftime) minor correction, accepted.

In my mind, everything after halftime is all merged together. It was still a KEY PLAY.

Agree, minor correction. I only made it because it furthers my own view the Fred Warner was gassed out
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:21 am

Lonous wrote:No one?

Click image to enlarge.

Tired people make mistakes.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby pmac666 on Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:36 am

Sometimes they dont even need to be tired. :lol:

Major pmac666

Postby Lonous on Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:15 am

Some reasonable analysis in here
But this probably comes closest to believable.

mookiemcgee wrote:also... it was overtime, and Mahomes still had fresh legs from not running much and was moving alot faster then Fred Warner who was exhausted from chasing people around for the entire game. His partner in crime at the other linebacker position Dre Greenlaw had the non-contact achilles injury earlier in the game so Fred was just depleted in my opinion.

Although I still have trouble thinking that the NFL's top rated linebacker forgot to tackle in the biggest game of the year, tired or not.
Major Lonous

Postby Pack Rat on Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:46 am

I see a conspiracy coming....fukn Biden Crime Family.

My 49ers should have won this game.

Postby Votanic on Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:13 pm

Lonous wrote:No one?

Click image to enlarge.

Heck, if I was a player at the Super Bowl, I'd just phone it in too. Tackling people is a great way to get yourself injured.
Captain Votanic

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:20 pm

Lonous wrote:Some reasonable analysis in here
But this probably comes closest to believable.

mookiemcgee wrote:also... it was overtime, and Mahomes still had fresh legs from not running much and was moving alot faster then Fred Warner who was exhausted from chasing people around for the entire game. His partner in crime at the other linebacker position Dre Greenlaw had the non-contact achilles injury earlier in the game so Fred was just depleted in my opinion.

Although I still have trouble thinking that the NFL's top rated linebacker forgot to tackle in the biggest game of the year, tired or not.

If you look at it via your twitter link at full speed, I'm not convinced he could 'easily reach' and tackle myhomie. Another angle would be helpful. First he is basically running the wrong direction and has to change direction 90+ degrees which entirely takes away his speed (and again overtime he's gassed), while myhomie is basically in a one direction full sprint. Secondly it doesn't appear to me he can reach myhomie in time without diving but then he losses his ability to chase after him and help prevent a touchdown on the play if myhomie has to slow down or change direction downfield to avoid another defender. Diving at big name QBs is also something they train you against all year because of how 'protected' big name QBs are with penalty flags.

Now sure its a fair argument that he should have dove towards him anyway, it's the superbowl, it's stop him or lose the game situation... but he has like .2 seconds to decide if he should dive vs chase and if they have been training him all year NOT to dive tackle qbs for fear of penalties I think it's super reasonable to believe that is just what his brain decided to do in the moment he had (plus he's gassed).

I wonder if he commented publicly about that play during the press conference?

I think aside from all this, if we are questioning if there was big conspiracy for chiefs to win by deepstate. Does the deepstate leave their entire plan up to Harrison Butker kicking a 29 yard field goal with time expiring? He's a great kicker and broke all time records that day but if the next presidential election is riding on the result of this game does the deep state really take this gamble? Is the implication if he missed the refs would have found a way to give SF a penalty so he gets a second try?
Colonel mookiemcgee

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,