Conquer Club

The Rapture

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

The Rapture

Postby GaryDenton on Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:42 pm

If I believed in the Rapture, I would also believe that politicians and megachurch leaders would be the last to know. They would even deny it had occurred. They would say it must have been some evil liberal Democratic plot.

The Rapture would be people saying, "Where did that nice couple who helped everyone go? All those good, friendly, quiet people just seem to have disappeared."

{--- <<<< Vote Blue

Republicans are puppy killers.
Private 1st Class GaryDenton

Re: The Rapture

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:17 am

“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby bigtoughralf on Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:04 am

https://www.unicef.org.uk/donate/children-in-gaza-crisis-appeal/

https://www.savethechildren.org.uk/how-you-can-help/emergencies/gaza-crisis
Lieutenant bigtoughralf

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:25 pm

GaryDenton wrote:If I believed in the Rapture, I would also believe that politicians and megachurch leaders would be the last to know. They would even deny it had occurred. They would say it must have been some evil liberal Democratic plot.

The Rapture would be people saying, "Where did that nice couple who helped everyone go? All those good, friendly, quiet people just seem to have disappeared."

I do not believe in the Rapture. There is and has been much too much speculation on such matters and nearly ALL predictions on the Second Coming of Christ and on the End of the World have proven FALSE.

The belief in the Rapture emerged from the anticipation that Jesus would return to redeem all members of the church. The term rapture, however, appears nowhere in the New Testament. In his First Letter to the Thessalonians, the Apostle Paul wrote that the Lord will come down from heaven and that a trumpet call will precede the rise of “the dead in Christ” (4:16). Thereafter, “we who are still alive and are left will be caught up” (in Latin, rapio, the standard translation of Paul’s original Koine Greek) “together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air” (4:17). The Synoptic Gospels (Mark, Matthew, and Luke) mention Jesus’ return to earth from heaven; e.g., The Gospel According to Mark cites Jesus as foretelling a “ ‘coming in clouds’ with great power and glory” (13:26).

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Rapture-the

Matthew Chapter 24:
Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. 2 “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”

3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

(...) skip to verse 36:

The Day and Hour Unknown
36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[a] but only the Father.

Footnotes
Matthew 24:36 Some manuscripts do not have nor the Son.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2024&version=NIV
JP4Fun

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby HitRed on Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:13 pm

Jesus about: the end, final time, time stops

July 20, 20

I await hearts to turn back to me with repentance. Time is coming to an end of all things. The time of repentance is now before time stops. My coming will bring all things to a close. My coming will mark the end of time itself and end to all evil on earth. I will call my followers to myself for the final time and return to Heaven with all the faithful with me.
Captain HitRed

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,