Conquer Club

Biden causes Crisis at the US-Mexico Border

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Biden causes Crisis at the US-Mexico Border

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:14 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:
bigtoughralf wrote:Ralf: 'Muslims are treated unfairly in the West'

jp: 'BuT wHaT aBoUt MyAnMaR??'

Never mind the 0/10 attempt to shift focus onto another country, there is also a pretty clear road leading from Indian, Myanmese, Chinese etc Islamophobia straight back to the US War on Terror, and how Islamophobes around the globe took it as a green light to persecute Muslims under the pretext of 'anti-extremism'. So, I guess, thanks for supporting my point?

Your responses continue to boil down to 'it's not true', 'okay it is true, but extremists' and then finally 'well someone else is worse'. It's actually a pretty similar structure to your posts discussing US emissions; are you using a template?

you are full of POOP. the type that stinks all the way out the other end

What am I to respond to?

the 0/10 attempt to shift focus onto another country

This statement is rather unclear. What does it mean?

there is also a pretty clear road leading from Indian, Myanmese, Chinese etc Islamophobia straight back to the US War on Terror, and how Islamophobes around the globe took it as a green light to persecute Muslims under the pretext of 'anti-extremism'.

So the allegation that Myanmar persecute these specific people is to be blame on the US war on Extremist?
1) not proven
2) ignores the situation, that the majority in Myanmar, Buddhist, want to push out the Muslims OUT, and the US policy has no bearing on this matter. I will allege this, given NO evidence to the contrary. I will do here what ralf does repeatedly.
3) ALL persecution of all Muslims are caused by the USA? That ignores the LONG LIST Terrorist acts by Muslims in Europe, many using trucks that I cited, and was TOTALLY ignored by ralf.
4) And the acts of terrorism in Nigeria was not even mentioned. I can find evidence for that, but it is very likely ralf will ignore that too.

are you using a template?[

I already said that I think for myself and do not use Rush Limbaugh or anyone else to direct my thinking. Basically, this entire allegation is false and FULL of holes (or POOP).

a pretty similar structure to your posts discussing US emissions;

Also false. HOW? UNPROVEN, merely alleged. Why do I need to defend against total GARBAGE? ralf's allegation is merely asserted and unproven. POOP.

Your responses continue to boil down to 'it's not true', 'okay it is true, but extremists' and then finally 'well someone else is worse'.

Again, FALSE. I have been consistent FROM THE START in my criticism and blame on Muslim EXTREMISTS. It is ralf who attempts to mislead, misquote, obfuscate, BASICALLY LIE, and THIS produce more POOP.

Nearly all of ralf's points are mere allegations and misleading statements. He attempts to twist my words into lies and/or weave a false narrative. There are no real substantive arguments made.

There: ALL points ralf made, that I called POOP, are refuted. ANY MORE questions?
JP4Fun

Lieutenant jusplay4fun

Postby bigtoughralf on Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:25 pm

And right on cue:

jusplay4fun wrote:1) not proven

Think you'll find it's been fairly comprehensively proven:

https://thediplomat.com/2021/08/asia-an ... on-terror/

What did I say step 2 was again? 'Okay it's true, but extremists'?

https://www.unicef.org.uk/donate/children-in-gaza-crisis-appeal/

Gazans killed by Israel's illegal invasion: 35,456
Gazan hospitals destroyed in Israel's illegal invasion: 24 of 36
Lieutenant bigtoughralf

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:27 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:
What am I to respond to?

the 0/10 attempt to shift focus onto another country

This statement is rather unclear. What does it mean?

Seems clear enough to me. You scored 0 out of 10 on your attempt to divert the narrative from your original conversation about Islamophobia in the U.S. to other countries. One of the first things I learned in school, way way waaaaaaaay back in Grade 1, was that "the other kids are doing it too!" is not a valid defense. Never was, never will be.

jusplay4fun wrote:
there is also a pretty clear road leading from Indian, Myanmese, Chinese etc Islamophobia straight back to the US War on Terror, and how Islamophobes around the globe took it as a green light to persecute Muslims under the pretext of 'anti-extremism'.

So the allegation that Myanmar persecute these specific people is to be blame on the US war on Extremist?

His hypothesis (if one is to address it fairly) is not that the U.S. is to blame for all the persecution, but that it certainly has increased, because when George Bush declared open season on Muslims around the world, other nations took it as a green light for their own persecutions.

Personally, I think his hypothesis is wrong, at least in terms of Burma. I think it's wrong because after reading it, I actually took a few minutes to check the dates. It seems the big three periods of anti-Rohingya persecution are 1977-78, 1989-90, and 2017-18. None of them lines up in any meaningful way with the 'War on Terror.' The middle one lines up with Bush Sr., but before Desert Storm, and even that's really a tortured connection at best. Plus the middle one is the smallest of the three (in terms of actual harm done to the Rohingya. ) So for all these reasons, I reject his hypothesis. But I actually made the effort to consider it and check the facts. I didn't just stick my finger in my ear and stand in the corner of the schoolyard yelling, "POOP! POOP! POOP!" You really sound like a petulant child when you do that.

jusplay4fun wrote:I have been consistent FROM THE START in my criticism and blame on Muslim EXTREMISTS.

So, because there are some Muslim extremists in the world, it's okay to persecute all Muslims? By that same logic, because there are some Christian extremists in the world, it should be okay to persecute all Christians. You're fine with that? An entire community should be punished for the crimes of a tiny minority within that community?
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:36 pm

Duk: I NEVER said that AND NOW you are trying to "pull a suxi" by twisting my words. NOW I accuse you of POOP.

btw: I do not merely say POOP on you. I offer analysis and thought, as I see things. As I have already said, I have offered long details and analysis and there is NO response from ralf and others (besides you and Mookie, for the most part). I offer a long list from CNN of Muslim extremists acts of terror and that goes without comment. WHAT does THAT say? That you agree with me or not? That those acts are indeed acts of terror? Or can they be ignored? Are they irrelevant?

It is rather poor when someone else has to explain things like 0-10. Is that what HE (ralf) MEANT? That is still unclear and that is Duk's interpretation of what ralf may have meant. ralf has yet to offer his meaning.

I will applaud Duk for looking into the situation in Myanmar (formerly known as Burma). It proves my point, that much discrimination and persecution is NOT due "JUST to the anti-terrorism" of President George W. Bush.

Yes, some can suggest a connection, but attacks on the French by Muslim extremists and in MUCH OF EUROPE are not that closely connected to America's efforts. Some countries such as France have dealt with Muslim Extremists for a long time. As a case in point, some of the attacks in France can by linked to the publication Charlie Hebdo.

On 7 January 2015 at about 11:30 a.m. CET local time, two French Muslim brothers, Saïd and Chérif Kouachi, forced their way into the offices of the French satirical weekly newspaper Charlie Hebdo in Paris. Armed with rifles and other weapons, they killed 12 people and injured 11 others. The gunmen identified themselves as belonging to the Islamic terrorist group al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, which took responsibility for the attack. Several related attacks followed in the Île-de-France region on 7–9 January 2015, including the Hypercacher kosher supermarket siege where a terrorist killed four Jewish people.

France raised its Vigipirate terror alert and deployed soldiers in Île-de-France and Picardy. A major manhunt led to the discovery of the suspects, who exchanged fire with police. The brothers took hostages at a signage company in Dammartin-en-Goële on 9 January and were shot dead when they emerged from the building firing.

On 11 January, about two million people, including more than 40 world leaders, met in Paris for a rally of national unity, and 3.7 million people joined demonstrations across France. The phrase Je suis Charlie became a common slogan of support at rallies and on social media. The staff of Charlie Hebdo continued with the publication, and the following issue print ran 7.95 million copies in six languages, compared to its typical print run of 60,000 in only French.

Charlie Hebdo is a publication that has always courted controversy with satirical attacks on political and religious leaders. It published cartoons of the Islamic prophet Muhammad in 2012, forcing France to temporarily close embassies and schools in more than 20 countries amid fears of reprisals. Its offices had been firebombed in November 2011 after publishing a previous caricature of Muhammad on its cover.

On 16 December 2020, 14 people who were accomplices to both the Charlie Hebdo and Jewish supermarket attackers were convicted.[5] However, three of these accomplices were still not yet captured and were tried in absentia.[5]
JP4Fun

Lieutenant jusplay4fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:26 pm

NO IMPROVEMENT:

Why 15,000 Migrants Ended Up in One Spot on the U.S.-Mexico Border
The Biden administration’s response to the migrant crisis comes straight from Trump’s playbook: try to deter more from coming. It’s not working.

Last week, the Department of Homeland Security sent hundreds of additional U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents to Del Rio, called in the Coast Guard for reinforcement, and announced the administration’s plans to put migrants on planes and fly them out of the country, including sending many back to Haiti. At the same time, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott seized on the situation to mobilize hundreds of state troopers and Texas National Guard officers to Del Rio to “secure the border,” including by creating a “steel wall” of patrol vehicles to prevent more migrants from entering the country.

The highway to the port of entry between the U.S. and Mexico that so many Del Rio residents are used to crossing everyday has been closed until further notice, and the massive presence of officers from different state and federal agencies, along with helicopters overhead, gives the city a sense of military occupation. But that occupation has done little to fix the country’s broken immigration system, of which the scenes in South Texas are only the latest symptom.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/09/23/del-rio-desperation-dysfunction-immigration-513978

DEL RIO, Texas, Sept 24 (Reuters) - An impromptu border camp that roiled the U.S. government was cleared of thousands of Haitian migrants by Friday, with most remaining in the United States for now and others expelled on deportation flights or returned to Mexico.

Reuters witnesses said the jumble of makeshift shelters and tents had all but disappeared from Del Rio, Texas, with workers removing the last debris along the border with Mexico. State troopers lined the banks of the Rio Grande to discourage new crossings.

U.S. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said nearly 30,000 migrants had been encountered in Del Rio in the past two weeks and that by morning there were none left in the camp beneath its international bridge.

More than 12,000 migrants will have a chance to make their case for protection before U.S. immigration judges, an estimated 8,000 voluntarily returned to Mexico, and 2,000 were expelled to Haiti. The fate of others detained is to be decided.

As well as the Biden administration's decision to send migrants back to chronic instability convulsing Haiti, Mexico has sought to bus and fly Haitians to its southern states.

Many of the Haitians arriving at the U.S. border had previously lived in Brazil and Chile, while others have transited through the South American countries.

Thousands more Haitians are moving through Central America, with others among around 16,000 awaiting boats into the jungles of the Darien Gap in Panama, a bottleneck on the journey north.

Not all migrant traffic is U.S.-bound. On Friday, around 100 mostly Venezuelan migrants were moving south into Chile's northern border in a bid to make a fresh start there.

PUSHED SOUTH

Haitians who crossed back to Mexico in recent days were met by Mexican officials who urged them to return to Mexico's southern border with Guatemala to request asylum there.

"We're not taking them out of the country," Francisco Garduno, head of the Mexican government's National Migration Institute (INM), told Reuters. "We're bringing them away from the border so there are no hygiene and overcrowding problems."

Mexico's Commission for Refugee Assistance (COMAR) is overwhelmed and scheduling appointments months away.

Official data show Haitians are less likely to have asylum claims approved in Mexico compared with many nationalities.

Last year, of all asylum claims that were formally resolved, only 22% of Haitian cases won approval, compared with 98% for Venezuelans, 85% of Hondurans, 83% of Salvadorans and 44% of Cubans. So far this year, the Haitian number is up to 31%.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-border-camp-cleared-haitians-thousands-more-move-2021-09-25/
JP4Fun

Lieutenant jusplay4fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:11 pm

update December 19, 2021:

Mr [sic] Biden's plan to offer legal status to an estimated 11 million undocumented people in the US - that proposal has been watered down by the president's fellow Democrats in the House of Representatives and looks likely to be rejected outright in the Senate - is also blamed by conservatives for encouraging migrants.

Why the spike under Biden?
While the number of migrants at the border has been steadily increasing since April 2020, the numbers spiked sharply after Mr Biden took office.

Economic problems in Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Cuba worsened during the pandemic, forcing some to take on a long and perilous journey north. Gangs and violence have also been given as reasons why some left home.

there is a good graph here, but you have to go to it directly. I guess it is too large and/or copyrighted. And YEAH, I profit financially from posting copyrighted diagrams.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/E8CD/production/_120779595_migrants_chart-nc.png

Though he has avoided Mr Trump's rhetoric, Mr Biden has repeatedly called on migrants, including asylum seekers, not to attempt the journey to the US.

Despite a slight decline in September, the number of migrant encounters still represented about a 33% increase from the 144,000 recorded in May 2019 - the highest total of the Trump administration.

There's also been a sharp increase in the number of children crossing the border.

How do they get into the US?
Migrants cross the border in one of two ways. Those who believe they "have suffered persecution or fear that they will suffer persecution" in their home country are eligible to apply for asylum when they present themselves at a port of entry for admission into the US.

Others may evade border officials by hiding in cars or travelling undetected across unprotected - and often treacherous - parts of the US-Mexico border.

According to the Pew Research Center, at least 40% of unauthorised migrants in the country entered legally on short-term visas and overstayed.

Biden defends a Trump policy
On Covid, Mr Biden kept a Trump-era emergency policy to automatically expel almost all undocumented migrants seeking entry, bypassing normal immigration laws and protections.

The policy - known as Title 42 - is aimed at preventing the spread of Covid-19 in holding facilities, officials say.

The measure sparked controversy in September when the Biden administration used Title 42 to deport nearly 4,000 Haitian migrants who had been detained at the border city of Del Rio, Texas.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56255613
JP4Fun

Lieutenant jusplay4fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:35 pm

U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris announced $1.2 billion in private-sector investments in Central America as part of a program aimed at reducing migration from the region.

"The United States has an important role to play in addressing the root causes of migration," Harris said Monday at the Eisenhower Executive Office Building, next door to the White House, before hosting a meeting with leaders from 10 companies to discuss investment initiatives in Central America.

"At the same time, our government cannot do its work alone," she said.

The White House said the investments in Central America came from such companies as PepsiCo, Mastercard and Cargill.

Harris is heading the Biden administration's efforts to stem migration from Central America to the U.S. border, with a focus on addressing the reasons people feel compelled to leave their home countries, including lack of economic opportunity.

https://www.voanews.com/a/vp-harris-announces-1-2-billion-in-private-investment-for-central-america-/6353091.html

The U.S. Border Patrol reported more than 1.6 million encounters with migrants along the U.S.-Mexico border from the fiscal year beginning September 2020 throughout September 2021, the highest annual total on record.

U.S. President Joe Biden came to office promising to reverse many immigration policies implemented by his predecessor, Donald Trump, but has had to backtrack from some planned changes because of the uptick in migration as well as legal challenges.

The investment plans include a $150 million effort by Cargill to expand support for farmers in Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador, the White House said. In addition, PepsiCo pledged to invest at least $190 million in northern Central America, which would include money toward improving manufacturing plants and expanding distribution routes.
JP4Fun

Lieutenant jusplay4fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:02 am

The INVASION continues; there is NO improvement by Biden and Kamala:

Migrant encounters top 2 million in calendar year 2021, on pace for repeat in 2022
by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 / 08:44 PM CST

Updated: Jan 24, 2022 / 08:44 PM CST

CBP reports nearly half a million migrant encounters at southern border in first quarter of new fiscal year

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – U.S. authorities stopped another 178,840 unauthorized migrants at the southern border in December, a 2 percent increase over the previous month.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection figures now show that more than 2 million unauthorized migrants came across the Mexican border in the calendar year and were apprehended or turned themselves in – in addition to those not stopped or detected.

The latest figures come amid accusations from Republicans that the Biden administration somehow propitiated the mass migration and hasn’t done enough to stem it. They also come amid an outcry from advocates unhappy with the hundreds of thousands of asylum-seekers and economic migrants being summarily expelled under the Title 42 public health order to prevent cross-border spread of COVID-19.

https://www.borderreport.com/hot-topics/immigration/migrant-encounters-top-2-million-in-calendar-year-2021-on-pace-for-repeat-in-2022/
JP4Fun

Lieutenant jusplay4fun

Postby HitRed on Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:28 am

Biden is a puppet.
Captain HitRed

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:59 am

HitRed wrote:Biden is a puppet.

Who is pulling his strings?

I think there is good evidence, that like the Clintons, Biden and family have gotten rich due to massive corruption, pay offs, and influence peddling. He is son Hunter's "Big Guy."
JP4Fun

Lieutenant jusplay4fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:16 pm

Jen Psaki refuses to apologize for White House’s debunked claim about Border Patrol ‘whipping’ migrants

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki on Monday refused to apologize for the White House’s now-debunked claim that Border Patrol agents were whipping Haitian migrants during a confrontation near the U.S.-Mexico border.

Images emerged in September of Border Patrol agents in Del Rio, Texas, showing agents on horseback blocking migrants from entering the U.S. and, in one case, grabbing onto a migrant’s shirt.

Many Democrats and media outlets falsely described the agents’ long reins, which they use to control their horses, as "whips."

Psaki at the time slammed what she called "brutal and inappropriate" behavior by Border Patrol agents.

The agents have since been cleared in the investigation but have been on desk duty since the incident.

Fox News’ Peter Doocy asked Psaki Monday afternoon when the president would apologize to the Border Patrol agents.

Psaki evaded the question, saying that the matter is being handled by the Department of Homeland Security and she could not provide any more updates.

When Doocy asked Psaki whether she would apologize, she said the investigation into the matter "would play out."

"Whenever it’s going to be announced, the Department of Homeland Security will announce that," Psaki said. "And then, I’m sure we’ll have a comment on it after that."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/jen-psaki-refuses-to-apologize-for-white-house-s-debunked-claim-about-border-patrol-whipping-migrants/ar-AAWlTne?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=7b5f5b7adefb432e945e14528a114f03

Is anyone really surprised by such news?
JP4Fun

Lieutenant jusplay4fun

Postby Hooch on Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:50 am

jusplay4fun wrote:

I think there is good evidence, that like the Clintons, Biden and family have gotten rich due to massive corruption, pay offs, and influence peddling. He is son Hunter's "Big Guy."

Private 1st Class Hooch

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:08 am

Hooch wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:

CORRECTION: evidence strongly suggests that Hunter Biden is for Joe Biden (who is the Big Guy, as per emails on Hunter's laptop) the BAG GUY, delivering money obtained via corruption, to Joe and the Family. This sounds a lot like organized crime, as in the Mafia or La Cosa Nostra.

Hunter Biden Paid Tax Bill, but Broad Federal Investigation Continues
The Justice Department inquiry into the business dealings of the president’s son has remained active, with a grand jury seeking information about payments from around the world.

WASHINGTON — In the year after he disclosed a federal investigation into his “tax affairs” in late 2020, President Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, paid off a significant tax liability, even as a grand jury continued to gather evidence in a wide-ranging examination of his international business dealings, according to people familiar with the case.

Mr. Biden’s failure to pay all his taxes has been a focus of the ongoing Justice Department investigation. While wiping out his liability does not preclude criminal charges against him, the payment could make it harder for prosecutors to win a conviction or a long sentence for tax-related offenses, according to tax law experts, since juries and judges tend to be more sympathetic to defendants who have paid their bills.

But Mr. Biden’s taxes are just one element of the broader investigation stemming from work he did around the world. Hunter Biden is a Yale-educated lawyer; his professional life has intersected with his father’s public service, including working as a registered lobbyist for domestic interests and, while his father was vice president, pursuing deals and clients in Asia and Europe.

As recently as last month, the federal grand jury heard testimony in Wilmington, Del., from two witnesses, one of whom was a former employee of Hunter Biden whose lawyer was later subpoenaed for financial records that reflected money Mr. Biden received from a Ukrainian energy company.

The investigation, which began as a tax inquiry under the Obama administration, widened in 2018 to include possible criminal violations of tax laws, as well as foreign lobbying and money laundering rules, according to the people familiar with the inquiry.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/16/us/politics/hunter-biden-tax-bill-investigation.html

Read on the NYTimes article, as there is LOTS more there. Here is a BIT more:

It is not clear whether the criminal probe is focused solely on Hunter Biden, or if he is among a group of individuals and companies being scrutinized. Prosecutors have also asked about potential FARA violations by a Washington consulting firm, Blue Star Strategies, that worked for the Ukrainian energy company in an arrangement that Mr. Biden helped broker, according to documents and the people familiar with the investigation.

For President Biden, the long-running case is both politically and personally fraught. Hunter Biden’s work for Burisma Holdings, the Ukrainian energy company, became a flashpoint in his father’s race in 2020 against President Donald J. Trump and helped set off the events that led to Mr. Trump’s first impeachment.

The elder Mr. Biden now oversees the Justice Department that is carrying out the investigation. And Hunter Biden, who in recent years has pursued a career as a painter, has acknowledged serious drug addiction and other problems during the period when he was seeking international business, while dealing with the illness and death of his brother Beau.
(...)

In another set of emails examined by prosecutors, Hunter Biden and Mr. Archer discussed inviting foreign business associates, including a Burisma executive, to a dinner in April 2015 at a Washington restaurant where Vice President Biden would stop by. It is not clear whether the Burisma executive attended the dinner, although the vice president did make an appearance, according to people familiar with the event.

Prosecutors also subpoenaed records related to a lawsuit brought by the former employee of Mr. Biden’s, Lunden Alexis Roberts, in Arkansas state court, according to her lawyer.

Ms. Roberts sued Mr. Biden for child support and paternity in 2019, after one of his companies ceased paying her and providing her with health insurance, according to court records.

Mr. Biden and Ms. Roberts reached a settlement out of court in the paternity case in March 2020.

Last year, prosecutors traveled to Little Rock, Ark., and asked Ms. Roberts and her lawyer about Mr. Biden’s finances, including which corporate entity he used to pay her, and whether that entity had received payments from Burisma, according to a person familiar with the questioning.

And last month, in response to another subpoena, Ms. Roberts testified before the grand jury in Delaware, according to her lawyer.
JP4Fun

Lieutenant jusplay4fun

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:16 pm

Due to Biden's deteriorating medical condition and apparent inability to continue to govern the country, a majority (26) of states have established the separate GBSF (Governors’ Border Strike Force) to take over responsibility for investigating international crime until normal federal government is restored.

The states contributing men and weapons to the GBSF are: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming.

GBSF MOU wrote:In the absence of federal leadership, states are partnering together to create the American Governors’ Border Strike Force to disrupt and dismantle transnational criminal organizations by increasing collaboration, improving intelligence, investing in analysis, combating human smuggling, and stopping drug flow in our states.

https://www.rga.org/wp-content/uploads/ ... 9.2022.pdf
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:36 am

Another consequence of President Biden lack of effort to curb the flow of illegal things across the border:

First, lots of data here on fatal drug overdose for 2020:

https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/fatal/dashboard/index.html

Who died of a drug overdose in 2020, Overall (29 jurisdictions)?h

Overall (29 jurisdictions)
70.2% of people who died of a drug overdose were male, 25.7% were 35-44 years old, and 70.0% were White, non-Hispanic. The largest percentage of males were aged 35-44 and the largest percentage of females were aged 35-44. Male, 35-44, and American Indian/Alaska Native, non-Hispanic race had the highest overdose death rates.

Seizure of illegal drugs at US-Mexican border:
Fentanyl Seizures at Border Continue to Spike, Making San Diego a National Epicenter for Fentanyl Trafficking; U.S. Attorney’s Office Prioritizes Prosecutions and Prevention Programs

NEWS RELEASE SUMMARY – August 12, 2022

SAN DIEGO – More deadly fentanyl is being seized by border officials in San Diego and Imperial counties than at any of the nation’s 300-plus ports of entry, making this federal district an epicenter for fentanyl trafficking into the United States.

In the first nine months of FY 2022 (October through June), U.S. Customs and Border Protection law enforcement agencies in San Diego and Imperial counties (CBP Field Operations and Border Patrol) seized 5,091 pounds of fentanyl – which amounts to about 60 percent of the 8,425 pounds of fentanyl seized around the entire country. Click here for CBP and Border Patrol statistics.

These fentanyl seizures in San Diego by CBP include land ports of entry at San Ysidro, Otay Mesa, Tecate, Andrade and Calexico. Seizures by Border Patrol stations within the San Diego Sector include Imperial Beach, Chula Vista, Brown Field, El Cajon, Campo, Boulevard, San Clemente and Murietta. In addition, seizures by the Border Patrol in the Imperial Valley include El Centro and Calexico.

Mexican cartels are increasingly manufacturing fentanyl for distribution and sale in the United States Precursors are imported from China and other countries and then pressed into pills, powder or mixed into other drugs at massive, industrial-scale labs.

Initially, drug trafficking organizations were adding small amounts of fentanyl to large loads of other drugs like methamphetamine. But more recently, these criminal organizations are moving significantly larger quantities of fentanyl pills and powder across the border. In a recent six-day period, CBP and Border Patrol intercepted four separate vehicle loads of fentanyl weighing between 100 and 250 pounds from July 13 to 18 in Campo and Calexico.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdca/pr/fentanyl-seizures-border-continue-spike-making-san-diego-national-epicenter-fentanyl

Seizures of illegal drugs is merely the tip of the iceberg. Record seizures means that there is A HUGE quantity being sent across the US-Mexican border by Mexican drug cartels. And do not let the responsibility stop there. The users and buyers of these illegal drugs in the US bear MUCH responsibility for the DEMAND for such drugs that harm and KILL people, often young people 18-30.
Drug Overdose Deaths Remain High
More than 932,000 people have died since 1999 from a drug overdose.1 In 2020, 91,799 drug overdose deaths occurred in the United States. The age-adjusted rate of overdose deaths increased by 31% from 2019 (21.6 per 100,000) to 2020 (28.3 per 100,000).

Opioids—mainly synthetic opioids (other than methadone)—are currently the main driver of drug overdose deaths. 82.3% of opioid-involved overdose deaths involved synthetic opioids.
Opioids were involved in 68,630 overdose deaths in 2020 (74.8% of all drug overdose deaths).
Drug overdose deaths involving psychostimulants such as methamphetamine are increasing with and without synthetic opioid involvement.2

https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/deaths/index.html

https://nida.nih.gov/research-topics/trends-statistics/overdose-death-rates

It is disappointing that this data (below) is rather OLD:

Most of the increases in fentanyl deaths over the last three years do not involve prescription fentanyl but are related to illicitly-made fentanyl that is being mixed with or sold as heroin—with or without the users’ knowledge[i] and increasing as counterfeit pills.[ii]

JP4Fun

Lieutenant jusplay4fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:46 am

Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA or the Simpson–Mazzoli Act) was passed by the 99th United States Congress and signed into law by U.S. President Ronald Reagan on November 6, 1986.

The Immigration Reform and Control Act altered U.S. immigration law by making it illegal to hire illegal immigrants knowingly and establishing financial and other penalties for companies that employed illegal immigrants. The act also legalized most undocumented immigrants who had arrived in the country prior to January 1, 1982.

Romano L. Mazzoli was a Democratic Representative from Kentucky and Alan K. Simpson was a Republican Senator from Wyoming who chaired their respective immigration subcommittees in Congress. Their effort was assisted by the recommendations of the bipartisan Commission on Immigration Reform, chaired by Rev. Theodore Hesburgh, then President of the University of Notre Dame.

These sanctions would apply only to employers who had more than three employees and did not make a sufficient effort to determine the legal status of their workers.

(...)

President Ronald Reagan did not make immigration a major focus of his administration. However, he came to support the package of reforms sponsored by Simpson and Mazzoli and signed the Immigration Reform and Control Act into law in November 1986.[1] Upon signing the act at a ceremony held beside the newly-refurbished Statue of Liberty, Reagan said, "The legalization provisions in this act will go far to improve the lives of a class of individuals who now must hide in the shadows, without access to many of the benefits of a free and open society. Very soon many of these men and women will be able to step into the sunlight and, ultimately, if they choose, they may become Americans."[2]

Provisions
The act required employers to attest to their employees' immigration status and made it illegal to hire or recruit unauthorized immigrants knowingly. The act also legalized certain seasonal agricultural undocumented migrants and undocumented migrants who entered the United States before January 1, 1982 and had resided there continuously with the penalty of a fine, back taxes due, and admission of guilt. Candidates were required to prove that they were not guilty of any crime, had been in the country before January 1, 1982, and possessed at least a minimal knowledge about U.S. history and government and the English language.[3]

The law established financial and other penalties for those employing undocumented migrants, under the theory that low prospects for employment would reduce undocumented migration. Regulations promulgated under the Act introduced the I-9 form to ensure that all employees presented documentary proof of their legal eligibility to accept employment in the United States.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_Reform_and_Control_Act_of_1986

HISTORY
A Reagan Legacy: Amnesty For Illegal Immigrants
July 4, 20102:12 PM ET
Heard on All Things Considered

As the nation's attention turns back to the fractured debate over immigration, it might be helpful to remember that in 1986, Ronald Reagan signed a sweeping immigration reform bill into law. It was sold as a crackdown: There would be tighter security at the Mexican border, and employers would face strict penalties for hiring undocumented workers.

But the bill also made any immigrant who'd entered the country before 1982 eligible for amnesty -- a word not usually associated with the father of modern conservatism.

In his renewed push for an immigration overhaul this week, President Obama called for Republican support for a bill to address the growing population of illegal immigrants in the country. This time, however, Republicans know better than to tread near the politically toxic A-word.

Part of this aversion is due to what is widely seen as the failure of Reagan's 1986 Immigration Reform and Control Act. However, one of the lead authors of the bill says that unlike most immigration reform efforts of the past 20 years, amnesty wasn't the pitfall.

"We used the word 'legalization,' " former Wyoming Sen. Alan K. Simpson tells NPR's Guy Raz. "And everybody fell asleep lightly for a while, and we were able to do legalization."

The law granted amnesty to nearly 3 million illegal immigrants, yet was largely considered unsuccessful because the strict sanctions on employers were stripped out of the bill for passage.

Simpson says the amnesty provision actually saved the act from being a total loss. "It's not perfect, but 2.9 million people came forward. If you can bring one person out of an exploited relationship, that's good enough for me."

Reagan And Amnesty

Nowadays, conservative commentators like Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh often invoke the former president as a champion of the conservative agenda. Sean Hannity of Fox News even has a regular segment called "What Would Reagan Do?"

Simpson, however, sees a different person in the president he called a "dear friend."

Reagan "knew that it was not right for people to be abused," Simpson says. "Anybody who's here illegally is going to be abused in some way, either financially [or] physically. They have no rights."

Peter Robinson, a former Reagan speechwriter, agrees. "It was in Ronald Reagan's bones -- it was part of his understanding of America -- that the country was fundamentally open to those who wanted to join us here."

Reagan said as much himself in a televised debate with Democratic presidential nominee Walter Mondale in 1984.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128303672
JP4Fun

Lieutenant jusplay4fun

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:33 am

The Judge-Executives of four additional Texas counties have declared they're under active invasion, bringing the total number to 22 out of 254 Texian counties.

https://www.thecentersquare.com/texas/f ... dcc5d.html

They're calling on Governor Abbott to invoke his rights under Article I, Section 10, Clause 3 of the Constitution to independently declare war for self-defense purposes.

No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:29 am

Governor De Santis today ordered Florida Forces to expel 100 immigrants from the state. They were placed on buses to D.C. and dumped outside the perimeter gate of Vice President Harris' official residence. Kamala Harris is so far refusing to shelter them in her house, even though it has 41 rooms.

Corporal saxitoxin

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:34 pm

saxitoxin wrote:Governor De Santis today ordered Florida Forces to expel 100 immigrants from the state. They were placed on buses to D.C. and dumped outside the perimeter gate of Vice President Harris' official residence. Kamala Harris is so far refusing to shelter them in her house, even though it has 41 rooms.

Why didn't he just build a wall around Florida's coast?
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:19 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:Governor De Santis today ordered Florida Forces to expel 100 immigrants from the state. They were placed on buses to D.C. and dumped outside the perimeter gate of Vice President Harris' official residence. Kamala Harris is so far refusing to shelter them in her house, even though it has 41 rooms.

doubtful they floated into Florida (no Republican who wants to be reelected would expel a Cuban and no significant emigration from Cuba nowadays anyway) - they probably crossed over the California or Arizona or New Mexico borders and then made their way to Florida overland
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:46 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:

doubtful they floated into Florida (no Republican who wants to be reelected would expel a Cuban and no significant emigration from Cuba nowadays anyway) - they probably crossed over the California or Arizona or New Mexico borders and then made their way to Florida overland

Sucks for these immigrants, at least the ones who went to MA got to fly on a plane for probably their first time. Probably a highlight of their travels so far, it's beautiful there (unless they flew on Spirit?!?!)
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:47 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:

My mistake...

Why didn't he just build a wall around Florida 's coast
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:50 pm

Update: De Santis has just dropped-off another 50 immigrants at Barack Obama's 38-room weekend house on Martha's Vineyard. The only homeless shelter on Martha's Vineyard says it's now "overwhelmed" as Barack Obama was unwilling to have them stay in his house. The immigrants were flown by private charter from Miami to Vineyard Airport.

Corporal saxitoxin

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:56 pm

Update 2: Illinois has declared a statewide disaster and is mobilizing its military forces as Texas Governor Abbott has announced he's preparing a caravan of charter buses to send hundreds more immigrants to Democrat-run Chicago -- America's murder capital -- on top of the many he's already sent.

Gov. J.B. Pritzker signed a disaster declaration and mobilized members of the Illinois Natural Guard on Wednesday to care for the more than 500 immigrants who have been bused to Chicago by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott.

Since Aug. 31, 11 buses have arrived in Illinois, Illinois Department of Human Services Secretary Grace Hou said.

Pritzker said Abbott’s actions are a clear “stunt,” since the immigrants are only being sent to cities where the leaders are Democrats and has refused to give cities and states advance notice of the immigrants’ arrival or what they will need when they get to Chicago.

https://news.wttw.com/2022/09/14/gov-pr ... s-arriving

Chicago is a declared sanctuary city so should have no problem shouldering some of the load from Texas, which is currently bearing the brunt of the burden as a result of the failure of the Biden Administration to secure the frontier.

Update 3: Katie Hobbs, currently in a dead heat in the race for Governor of Arizona, today pledged she will declare the state under an invasion on her first day in office and use state forces to seize control of the U.S.-Mexico border from the failed, illegitimate Biden regime.

Saxi's Take: BAD IDEA. Those troops should be moving against D.C. to arrest Biden for dereliction and return him to the Cochise County Court to stand trial.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:18 pm

saxitoxin wrote:Update: De Santis has just dropped-off another 50 immigrants at Barack Obama's 38-room weekend house on Martha's Vineyard. The only homeless shelter on Martha's Vineyard says it's now "overwhelmed" as Barack Obama was unwilling to have them stay in his house. The immigrants were flown by private charter from Miami to Vineyard Airport.

Guess I fastposted you on this one... I WANT TO KNOW IF IT WAS SPIRIT AIRLINES BECAUSE THAT IS CRUEL AND UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT

at least they are enjoying their vacation!

Colonel mookiemcgee

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,