Conquer Club

Game of Thrones (series spoiling only!)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Game of Thrones (series spoiling only!)

Postby strike wolf on Mon May 09, 2016 9:32 am

So is he gonna gather up the Stark loyalists in the north and March to Winterfell now? Why didn't ramsay just kill Rickon. As long as there is a male Stark alive his rule of the North is threatened. I don't think Karstarj or Umber were going to mind. Karstark might have even liked to be asked to do the deed.

And damn you Game of Thrones. Such teases. Pretty much confirming R+L=J and then cutting away before making it official.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby waauw on Mon May 09, 2016 11:42 am

strike wolf wrote:So is he gonna gather up the Stark loyalists in the north and March to Winterfell now? Why didn't ramsay just kill Rickon. As long as there is a male Stark alive his rule of the North is threatened. I don't think Karstarj or Umber were going to mind. Karstark might have even liked to be asked to do the deed.

And damn you Game of Thrones. Such teases. Pretty much confirming R+L=J and then cutting away before making it official.

To torture him and domesticate him?
Lieutenant waauw

Postby strike wolf on Mon May 09, 2016 12:08 pm

I suppose he did just lose his favorite doggie.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Wed May 25, 2016 3:24 pm

So I'm starting to think there is going to be a big death this season. Not these fairly significant deaths that hAve been happening every episode except when they bring one back but I think theres going to be a big one. Ramsay is almost too obvious he will probably die but he's not the one I'm thinking. I am thinking Jaime Lannister. Think about it. He doesn't fit into many endgames. Tyrion is the one most likely to leave him alive. The Tyrells maybe. The Starks aren't going to forgive the man who threw bran out the window. Daenerys isn't going to forgive the man who stabbed her grandfather in the back. Euros isn't going to win because he doesn't know enough about diplomacy (also calling bullshit that no one killed him on the spot when he admitted to murdering their king). The other Greyjoy aren't as interested in conquering everything. Littlefinger would only keep those alive which he could control and since seizing the throne means killing Tommen (and possibly cersei) and thus his ability to control Jaime is limited. It just doesn't look promising for Jaime.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby waauw on Wed May 25, 2016 3:36 pm

At some point Cersei talks about some witch making a prediction that all of her children would die, so I'm thinking Tommen will get murdered, and the Tyrells and Lannisters will be at eachother's throats. That and the obvious death of another Lannister as happened already in the books...
Lieutenant waauw

Postby strike wolf on Wed May 25, 2016 11:34 pm

waauw wrote:At some point Cersei talks about some witch making a prediction that all of her children would die, so I'm thinking Tommen will get murdered, and the Tyrells and Lannisters will be at eachother's throats. That and the obvious death of another Lannister as happened already in the books...

Gah you're right. Jaime can't die until he has strangled Cersei himself! Valonqar! Valonqar!

Cadet strike wolf

Postby betiko on Thu May 26, 2016 6:49 am

strike wolf wrote:
waauw wrote:At some point Cersei talks about some witch making a prediction that all of her children would die, so I'm thinking Tommen will get murdered, and the Tyrells and Lannisters will be at eachother's throats. That and the obvious death of another Lannister as happened already in the books...

Gah you're right. Jaime can't die until he has strangled Cersei himself! Valonqar! Valonqar!

hey go f*ck yourelves guys! this is a series spoiling thread only; nothing written in the books should be spoiled to series viewers please. I don't even feel like discussing anything of the last few episodes now, thanks.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Thu May 26, 2016 6:58 am

strike wolf wrote:I suppose he did just lose his favorite doggie.

rickion's wolf is dead? as far as I know they just stopped showing it.. it was a black one right?

summer just died (bran); rob's is dead, sansa's is dead, arya's disapeared as far asI know, jon's is alive and with his master.. and rickion's dead too then?

I heard something many years ago about arya's wolf that had built a huge pack somewhere in the forrest. I really don't get where this is going with arya though...

So I've heard a theory saying that Tyrion's father is actually aegon targaryen, and that's why tywin hated him so much...

and that at the end, Tyrion Daenerys and Jon will be each using a dragon

And Baelish... hum. I'm disapointed. Looks like he's not going to be a big deal and he was one of my faves :(
Major betiko

Postby waauw on Thu May 26, 2016 7:09 am

I heard there's apparently a theory that the old guy who was stuck in the tree was actually Bran all grown up and that due to time travelling it was Bran who actually drove Aegon Targaryan mad by talking to him.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby betiko on Thu May 26, 2016 7:11 am

waauw wrote:I heard there's apparently a theory that the old guy who was stuck in the tree was actually Bran all grown up and that due to time travelling it was Bran who actually drove Aegon Targaryan mad by talking to him.

lol that's a fun theory :lol:

actually... I was discussing with a friend wether it was the 3 eyed raven or bran who was wogging willis in the past scene... it could then actually be both? :lol:
Major betiko

Postby muy_thaiguy on Thu May 26, 2016 12:56 pm

betiko wrote:
strike wolf wrote:I suppose he did just lose his favorite doggie.

rickion's wolf is dead? as far as I know they just stopped showing it.. it was a black one right?

summer just died (bran); rob's is dead, sansa's is dead, arya's disapeared as far asI know, jon's is alive and with his master.. and rickion's dead too then?

I heard something many years ago about arya's wolf that had built a huge pack somewhere in the forrest. I really don't get where this is going with arya though...

So I've heard a theory saying that Tyrion's father is actually aegon targaryen, and that's why tywin hated him so much...

and that at the end, Tyrion Daenerys and Jon will be each using a dragon

And Baelish... hum. I'm disapointed. Looks like he's not going to be a big deal and he was one of my faves :(

The "Tyrion is a Targaryen" theory just seems a stretch to me. His father doesn't like him because his birth caused his mother's death (also why Cersei hates him so much).

And it'll actually be Sandor riding the third dragon. Why? Else he'll "cut that damn lizard's fucking head off".
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby strike wolf on Thu May 26, 2016 4:59 pm

betiko wrote:
strike wolf wrote:

hey go f*ck yourelves guys! this is a series spoiling thread only; nothing written in the books should be spoiled to series viewers please. I don't even feel like discussing anything of the last few episodes now, thanks.

They mentioned this at the beginning of season 4. When cersei went to see Maggi and she told her her future.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby betiko on Thu May 26, 2016 5:16 pm

strike wolf wrote:
betiko wrote:
strike wolf wrote:

They mentioned this at the beginning of season 4. When cersei went to see Maggi and she told her her future.

The obvious death of another lanister as already happened in the books is not obvious to me. If it s really cersei that gets strangled by jamie you guys are assholes.

The witch telling cersei she ll see all her kids die... Yes i ve seen it and i remember it. So Tommen is the obvious lannister death I hope you re talking about, if it s one of the 3 brothers and sisters.. Not cool
Major betiko

Postby muy_thaiguy on Thu May 26, 2016 7:28 pm

Nah, Cersei doesn't die. She becomes Sandor's wife.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby william18 on Thu May 26, 2016 9:42 pm

waauw wrote:I heard there's apparently a theory that the old guy who was stuck in the tree was actually Bran all grown up and that due to time travelling it was Bran who actually drove Aegon Targaryan mad by talking to him.

I think his time travel is restricted to having Weirwood visions. He can't actually teleport back in time. But there is a theory that Brandon Stark is Bran The Builder, who constructed The Wall and WinterFell. Think about it. How could they build The Wall in a single persons life time?

There are also theories The Three Eyed Raven was whispering to the mad king about the threats of the white walkers. The whispers made him mad, and the mad king listened to the voices in his head. And what does everyone do when they kill a wight? "Burn them all"
Sergeant 1st Class william18

Postby strike wolf on Thu May 26, 2016 9:43 pm

I'll clarify. This is based purely on theory regarding both and is based completely on facts available both in show and book. The witch that predicted her future in both the books and show said that she would be strangled by her valonquar (Little brother). Cersei believes this to be Tyrion and it's a major reason she dislikes him. Some theorists think and I tend to agree that it will actually be her younger brother (by virtue of her being born first as twin) Jaime Lannister.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby william18 on Thu May 26, 2016 10:31 pm

strike wolf wrote:I'll clarify. This is based purely on theory regarding both and is based completely on facts available both in show and book. The witch that predicted her future in both the books and show said that she would be strangled by her valonquar (Little brother). Cersei believes this to be Tyrion and it's a major reason she dislikes him. Some theorists think and I tend to agree that it will actually be her younger brother (by virtue of her being born first as twin) Jaime Lannister.

Yes. GRRM makes it very clear that cersai was the first to emerge from the womb.

Postby betiko on Fri May 27, 2016 2:42 am

strike wolf wrote:I'll clarify. This is based purely on theory regarding both and is based completely on facts available both in show and book. The witch that predicted her future in both the books and show said that she would be strangled by her valonquar (Little brother). Cersei believes this to be Tyrion and it's a major reason she dislikes him. Some theorists think and I tend to agree that it will actually be her younger brother (by virtue of her being born first as twin) Jaime Lannister.

Oh ok sorry i forgot about this part of the witche's predictions.. Just remembered that cersei would see her kids all die. Now that you are refreshing my memory I remember what you are talking about.. People here were discussing the fact that her Twin was younger too. But how could he strangle with one hand though?
And tyrion strangling her with his midget hands would be damn pathetic too :geek:
Major betiko

Postby muy_thaiguy on Fri May 27, 2016 1:35 pm

Nah, it'll be Sandor Clegane that "strangles" her every night. He is a "younger brother" after all.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby strike wolf on Mon May 30, 2016 6:19 pm

I'm enjoying this season. Also, COLDHANDS!!!

Cadet strike wolf

Postby waauw on Mon May 30, 2016 7:11 pm

strike wolf wrote:I'm enjoying this season. Also, COLDHANDS!!!

Agreed. The chonology in the series is much better than it was in the books. :D
Lieutenant waauw

Postby riskllama on Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:46 am

happy for the hound, he is one of my favs... :)
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:44 pm

Spoiler for book readers only:

show

Hard to believe in a show that has multiple gay, bisexual and ambiguously (though presumed asexual due to castration) effeminate men, we on season 6 of a show that has in the past done many things to keep straight men's interest are only now being introduced to the first officially lesbian character.

I am also glad that the Hound has returned.

Jon used to be more charismatic. It was kind of insulting to watch the man who won over most of The Night's Watch while he openly went against practices that the Watch had in place for thousands of years have to be bailed out on negotiations twice in the same episode and then fail utterly on the third occasion. I was really hoping that Sansa (I kind of like that she's now on the warpath) would tell him to stop half-assing it and get his head in the game or something. I mean he's always been mopey but I think dying has caused him to reach a new level. That said, they really should talk to the Manderlys. They would jump at the opportunity to fight the Boltons if presented a hint of a winning chance. So would the Reeds in the marshes. Sansa should have revealed that House Arryn was going to be coming up for aid though. One of the two great houses in Westeros not shattered by war coming to fight for the Starks would have been a big sell.

So I guess the significance of the rose was to show that Margaery is just playing along with the High Sparrow for now?

My list for dead at the end of the season hasn't changed much:

Cersei
Tommen
Ramsay (best odds)

Not necessarily in that order. Margaery and Blackfish may join them. Jaime Im thinking will die eventually but he's more likely to survive until next season at this point.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby william18 on Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:57 pm

strike wolf wrote:Spoiler for book readers only:

Sansa should have revealed that House Arryn was going to be coming up for aid though. One of the two great houses in Westeros not shattered by war coming to fight for the Starks would have been a big sell.

So I guess the significance of the rose was to show that Margaery is just playing along with the High Sparrow for now?

My list for dead at the end of the season hasn't changed much:

Cersei
Tommen
Ramsay (best odds)

Not necessarily in that order. Margaery and Blackfish may join them. Jaime Im thinking will die eventually but he's more likely to survive until next season at this point.

Tommen before Cersei. Im hoping The Mountain also dies. Sansa is going full retard with regards to Petyr and The Vale soldiers. I hope her letter was to Lord Baelish, since the atmosphere of the scene was somber, like this letter was a last resort.

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:12 pm

I think it was. Write Petyr and when all is said and done with the Boltons reveal him to all of the Vale how he betrayed her to Ramsay. Petyr could also die this season but I doubt it.

I'm not sure that the Mountain isn't already kind of undead to be honest. I think he will die too but I didn't think his death significant enough towards the plot to mention it. Tommen, Cersei and Ramsay all have major plots revolved around them.

Cadet strike wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Out, out, brief candle!