Conquer Club

Game of Thrones (series spoiling only!)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Game of Thrones (series spoiling only!)

Postby william18 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:11 am

strike wolf wrote:I think it was. Write Petyr and when all is said and done with the Boltons reveal him to all of the Vale how he betrayed her to Ramsay. Petyr could also die this season but I doubt it.

I'm not sure that the Mountain isn't already kind of undead to be honest. I think he will die too but I didn't think his death significant enough towards the plot to mention it. Tommen, Cersei and Ramsay all have major plots revolved around them.

The Mountain will die while fighting Cersei's trail by combat against the hound. That's the most popular theory. So in essence his death dooms Cersei.
Sergeant 1st Class william18

Postby waauw on Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:11 pm

william18 wrote:
strike wolf wrote:I think it was. Write Petyr and when all is said and done with the Boltons reveal him to all of the Vale how he betrayed her to Ramsay. Petyr could also die this season but I doubt it.

I'm not sure that the Mountain isn't already kind of undead to be honest. I think he will die too but I didn't think his death significant enough towards the plot to mention it. Tommen, Cersei and Ramsay all have major plots revolved around them.

The Mountain will die while fighting Cersei's trail by combat against the hound. That's the most popular theory. So in essence his death dooms Cersei.

If that happens you'll see Jaime marching at the head of a Lannister army towards King's Landing. Especially if Sir Kevan Lannister were to die, there would only be Jaime left to lead the Lannister armies.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby betiko on Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:41 am

hum!
I don't remember if it was in here or with a book reader friend of mine, but I was certain that the hound was going to come back some way or an other... just like I said it about the black fish.
And I'm pretty sure that Stannis will not come back, ever.
I also have a big feeling that whenever arya goes back to westeros, she'll have an encounter with her direwolf she lost since season 1 in the woods.

Soo... the hound has learned that not because he's done bad things in the past, he can't do good things from now on... Will he be able not to take revenge against the brotherhood without banner?I don't realle see where this is going, but pretty certain he'll meet with arya and or brienne pretty soon and that they'll have to talk!

regarding theon... how the hell can he pee? that shit must really look nasty cause I don't remember Ramsay using anything for desinfectation.
Major betiko

Postby waauw on Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:31 pm

betiko wrote:hum!
I don't remember if it was in here or with a book reader friend of mine, but I was certain that the hound was going to come back some way or an other... just like I said it about the black fish.
I also have a big feeling that whenever arya goes back to westeros, she'll have an encounter with her direwolf she lost since season 1 in the woods.

Soo... the hound has learned that not because he's done bad things in the past, he can't do good things from now on... Will he be able not to take revenge against the brotherhood without banner?I don't realle see where this is going, but pretty certain he'll meet with arya and or brienne pretty soon and that they'll have to talk!

regarding theon... how the hell can he pee? that shit must really look nasty cause I don't remember Ramsay using anything for desinfectation.

I suppose theon pisses as he always has pissed. Except it doesn't come out of the top of his cock but rather out of a tiny hole right above his balls.
Regarding the hound, in the books he's dead. There was even a grave.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby betiko on Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:42 am

waauw wrote:
betiko wrote:hum!

I suppose theon pisses as he always has pissed. Except it doesn't come out of the top of his cock but rather out of a tiny hole right above his balls.
Regarding the hound, in the books he's dead. There was even a grave.

ohhhhh ok. But a grave doesn't mean shit either!!!!! :P
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:44 am

so what exactly is Jaqen H'ghar thinking right now? Oh shit.... arya you're gonna pay for this but I reserve my revenge for later... or Whatever, I got another assassin here and I'll make her work for me?

black fish... that was kind of ridiculous not to join brienne

Edmure: that made no fucking sense at all. this character makes no fucking sense. Why would he care about a son he's never seen, who is being raised under the influence of a man who's murdered half of his family?

One other thing: why would people in witerfell remain loyal to a guy like ramsay when the starks come around? I could understand if we were talking about his father, but ramsay?
Major betiko

Postby waauw on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:17 am

betiko wrote:so what exactly is Jaqen H'ghar thinking right now? Oh shit.... arya you're gonna pay for this but I reserve my revenge for later... or Whatever, I got another assassin here and I'll make her work for me?

black fish... that was kind of ridiculous not to join brienne

Edmure: that made no fucking sense at all. this character makes no fucking sense. Why would he care about a son he's never seen, who is being raised under the influence of a man who's murdered half of his family?

One other thing: why would people in witerfell remain loyal to a guy like ramsay when the starks come around? I could understand if we were talking about his father, but ramsay?

I agree with the Edmure-figure. Seems a bit cheap to gain Jaime his victory this way. I feel like the writers could've done a better job there.

As for Ramsay, you're actually asking yourself the right question. In the books as well GRRM was also trying to sow doubt on whether or not the other houses would actually follow house Bolton.

What annoys me though is that the first half of this season was great, but the series seems to suddenly have fallen into dull predictability.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby betiko on Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:32 pm

i liked episodes 6 and 7, episode 8 not so much
Major betiko

Postby william18 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:14 pm

To be fair to edmure, his son is the only heir after him from hoster Tully, and the next lord of riverrun.

Postby betiko on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:47 am

william18 wrote:To be fair to edmure, his son is the only heir after him from hoster Tully, and the next lord of riverrun.

seriously?????????? would you really want that son you don't know on the throne, knowing he's basically more of a Frey than a Tully, that you just fucked once his ugly mom and that his grandpa put you in prison for years after a massacre on your family on your nephew's wedding?

Edmure still has a fully functional penis and can have higher expectations for ruverrun's throne. After all he said to Jaimie, he makes no fucking sense.

By the way... I was thinking that the baratheons are now fully gone right? technically tommen has a fake "baratheon" label on himself, but we all know he's 0% baratheon (unless the lanister twins have some baratheon in their veins..)

baratheon: gone
Tullly: Edmure and his crap baby I d use on the catapult.
tyrell: loras is gay... he could still have a heir but it' difficult
greyjoy: you'd have to go from that uncle's dynasty, but balon's is over
martell: not sure how it goes there, but with tristan's death the dynasty is over
lannisters: jamie and tyrion can still have kids, and tommen is technically a lannister
targaryens: well, that would be Jon snow and Daenerys, never understood if Aegon is alive or not. By the way... I wonder if that blind grand maester knew that Jon was part of his family..
Aryn: Robyn is still there, that's quite weak
starks: i guess Bran can't procreate, Rickion, who knows if he still has a sack in the hands of ramsay.... you could still go up one generation with Benjen... but he is still under the nightwatche's oath?
Major betiko

Postby waauw on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:55 am

I'm wondering if we'll still see the Dornish this season. I kind of miss them already.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby william18 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:34 pm

waauw wrote:I'm wondering if we'll still see the Dornish this season. I kind of miss them already.

I think they just ended that plot line, since they butchered it(literally and figuratively). I want more screen time with Littlefinger, Kevan Lannister, and Euron Greyjoy. Euron is sorta dissapointing, I fear hes gonna be like a part time Stannis, and just die.

Postby sempaispellcheck on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:03 am

waauw wrote:Regarding the hound, in the books he's dead. There was even a grave.
Oh really? Have you seen said grave?
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Gr ... r/Theories

sempai
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby waauw on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:13 am

sempaispellcheck wrote:
waauw wrote:Regarding the hound, in the books he's dead. There was even a grave.

sempai

Never knew, there was such a theory. But the monk did claim there was a grave. If he is alive, then the monk lied. Anyway we'll just have to see. There are after all quite a number of differences between book and series. Sir Arthur Dayne for instance was still alive in the books, but dead in the series.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby patches70 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:44 am

waauw wrote:
sempaispellcheck wrote:

sempai

Never knew, there was such a theory. But the monk did claim there was a grave. If he is alive, then the monk lied. Anyway we'll just have to see. There are after all quite a number of differences between book and series. Sir Arthur Dayne for instance was still alive in the books, but dead in the series.

The Monk said The Hound was dead, he never said Sandor Clegane was dead. The monk probably meant it in a metaphorical sense in that anger and the hatred that The Hound had is now gone from Sandor Clegane. Sandor is alive and he isn't the cunt he was as The Hound anymore because that part of him is dead now. It's a distinction that someone like a monk might make.

waauw wrote:Sir Arthur Dayne for instance was still alive in the books, but dead in the series.

WTF are you talking about? Did you mean someone else? He's dead in the book series as well. He fucking died at the Tower of Joy, killed by Howland Reed apparently. The mother fucker ain't alive in the books, he was dead long before where the first book started.
Ned brought his sword home and Dayne's Sister jumped to her death (apparently) in grief.

You might need to reread the books, your memory is either off or you meant someone else. He was only ever mentioned in the books, he never appeared because, you know, he's dead.
Private patches70

Postby william18 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:52 am

I think he probably meant Ser Barristan Selmy.

Postby waauw on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:56 am

patches70 wrote:
waauw wrote:
sempaispellcheck wrote:

sempai

The Monk said The Hound was dead, he never said Sandor Clegane was dead. The monk probably meant it in a metaphorical sense in that anger and the hatred that The Hound had is now gone from Sandor Clegane. Sandor is alive and he isn't the cunt he was as The Hound anymore because that part of him is dead now. It's a distinction that someone like a monk might make.

waauw wrote:Sir Arthur Dayne for instance was still alive in the books, but dead in the series.

WTF are you talking about? Did you mean someone else? He's dead in the book series as well. He fucking died at the Tower of Joy, killed by Howland Reed apparently. The mother fucker ain't alive in the books, he was dead long before where the first book started.
Ned brought his sword home and Dayne's Sister jumped to her death (apparently) in grief.

You might need to reread the books, your memory is either off or you meant someone else. He was only ever mentioned in the books, he never appeared because, you know, he's dead.

It's possible he's still alive in the books as well. To be honest, I didn't really think on it at the time. I find the Brienne POV much less interesting in the books than in the series.

And I meant the guy who landed at the fingers with an army of sellswords and that Targaryen kid. I thought that was Sir Arthur Dayne, could be I mixed the names.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby waauw on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:56 am

william18 wrote:I think he probably meant Ser Barristan Selmy.

nope.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby sempaispellcheck on Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:13 pm

waauw wrote:And I meant the guy who landed at the fingers with an army of sellswords and that Targaryen kid. I thought that was Sir Arthur Dayne, could be I mixed the names.

Ser Jon Connington? That wasn't the Fingers - that was Griffin's Roost. The Fingers is where Petyr brought Sansa after Joffrey's death.

sempai

Postby waauw on Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:16 pm

sempaispellcheck wrote:
waauw wrote:And I meant the guy who landed at the fingers with an army of sellswords and that Targaryen kid. I thought that was Sir Arthur Dayne, could be I mixed the names.

Ser Jon Connington? That wasn't the Fingers - that was Griffin's Roost. The Fingers is where Petyr brought Sansa after Joffrey's death.

sempai

Right! Thank you! The names are a hell to remember after all those years.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby william18 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:15 pm

waauw wrote:
sempaispellcheck wrote:

sempai

But Jon connington isn't even in the show.

Postby waauw on Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:49 pm

william18 wrote:
waauw wrote:
sempaispellcheck wrote:

sempai

But Jon connington isn't even in the show.

I just admitted I mixed up the names :roll:
Lieutenant waauw

Postby patches70 on Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:17 am

I'm putting Wun Wun in for the Medal of Honor. He went above and beyond the Call of Duty and paid the ultimate sacrifice.

I'll miss Ramsay, he was a piece of shit but he was interesting. Aside from the sadistic shit he did, he did actually do some things that a proper and noble Lord would/should do. For instance,
He punished Theon for sacking Winterfell. No one can say Theon didn't have it coming after all.
He killed Roose Bolton for betraying King Rob Stark. Roose had it coming for the Red Wedding.
He rebelled against the Southern Crown who killed Ned Stark. Typical Northern form I'd say.

Oh Ramsay, you sadistic, insane, bastard, rest in Peace (Pieces).

Sansa Stark turns out to be a very good player of the Game. Using Jon Snow's paltry army as a decoy to draw Ramsay's army into the meat grinder. Ramsay thought he was fighting against Jon Snow but never considered that it was Sansa he should have been worried about. To Sansa I say, "Good Form! You cold hearted bitch! Long live the Queen!"
I am now 99% certain that Littlefinger will meet his end to Sansa Stark. At the moment he probably thinks he's got her over the barrel with his Kinght's of the Vale's help in restoring the Starks to Winterfell but he's made the mistake of teacher Sansa too well I think. Littlefinger and Sansa get married, Sansa become widowed soon after. Or maybe she'll end up marrying Sweet Robin (with the same end result). That way she can rule the North and the Vale. As for the pesky laws in Westeros that don't allow the women to rule, she need not worry about that for much longer after Dany comes rolling in like a Juggernaut and makes Westeros her footstool. After all, she's got Tyrion as her most trusted adviser and Tyrion has a soft spot for Sansa. Oh Sansa is setting herself up real well. The Stark's have had it tough since the beginning but in the end it's going to come up all Sansa FTW. She'll be the Queen of the North. A fit ending for the Stark tragedy IMO.

Good episode, I'm not sure if this episode was better than last season's eighth episode, Hardholme. Hardholme was pretty tight IMO. A tough one to beat.
Private patches70

Postby sempaispellcheck on Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:53 am

patches70 wrote:I'm putting Wun Wun in for the Medal of Honor. He went above and beyond the Call of Duty and paid the ultimate sacrifice.
Seconded.

patches70 wrote:I'll miss Ramsay
:o lolwut?
Bastard got what was coming to him, and I'm wuite glad the f**ker's dead.

patches70 wrote:he did actually do some things that a proper and noble Lord would/should do. For instance,
He punished Theon for sacking Winterfell. No one can say Theon didn't have it coming after all.
He killed Roose Bolton for betraying King Rob Stark. Roose had it coming for the Red Wedding.
He rebelled against the Southern Crown who killed Ned Stark. Typical Northern form I'd say.
Hahaha...no.
He punished Theon because it pleased him. The whole avenging Bran and Rickon thing was an act.
He killed his father to become Lord Bolton. No more, no less. Robb Stark meant less than nothing to him.
Finally, he couldn't have given two flying f**ks about the Lannisters - and he didn't even really rebel against them, either.

patches70 wrote:Sansa Stark turns out to be a very good player of the Game. Using Jon Snow's paltry army as a decoy to draw Ramsay's army into the meat grinder. Ramsay thought he was fighting against Jon Snow but never considered that it was Sansa he should have been worried about. To Sansa I say, "Good Form! You cold hearted bitch! Long live the Queen!"
She had no way of knowing the Knights of the Vale would get there in time, so that was more luck than strategy on her part.

As for the rest, I wouldn't mind it, but some of it seems quite far-fetched.

sempai

Postby patches70 on Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:09 am

sempaispellcheck wrote:And...you lost me.

Ha! yeah right, try and tell me you didn't laugh at some of the stuff he did and said while torturing some poor soul. He was a constant source of humor and horror, a great character. He had to die, it makes you feel good that he died, but now who are we going to love to hate?
Cersi? She's insane but she has some redeeming characteristics that can actually tug at someone's heart strings. Ramsay has had zero redeeming qualities, which is what makes made him such a great character.

Jeoffry, for instance, was a just a spoiled shit and so we are glad he's gone and don't miss him. Ramsay was a literal bastard who had to claw and fight his way to the top who would drop some great one liners that would make one chuckle on occasion. WE are glad he's dead but we'll miss his wit. The only character left with any wit is Tyrion.

Although, I have to wonder, why did Ramsay shoot the arrow into Wun Wun's eye when he could have just shot that arrow into Jon's chest? Jon didn't see it coming and that was a hell of a shot. Oh well, plot armor, it's a hell of a thing! Even Ramsay couldn't defeat that.

On a related note, next week's episode will be one hour of Tyrion telling jokes to Grey Worm and Mellisande. It'll be great!
Oh, and the Tower of Joy reveal in the last two minutes which will have everyone going "WTF!!!!!!" for the many months until next season.
Private patches70

PreviousNext

Return to Out, out, brief candle!