Conquer Club

tv series recommendation

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: tv series recommendation

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:57 am

I've been watching Arrested Development Lately, and it has become one of the much more entertaining shows that I"ve seen. Also, American Horror Story is incredibly intriguing.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Mageplunka69 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:10 pm

ljex wrote:
gradybridges wrote:Don't know how anyone can watch The Big Bang Theory when Community is on.

there are these things called DVR's

lmao....thats why we have 2 DVRs
Lieutenant Mageplunka69

Postby tdans on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:28 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:I've been watching Arrested Development Lately, and it has become one of the much more entertaining shows that I"ve seen. Also, American Horror Story is incredibly intriguing.

-rd

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that show makes me lol
Lieutenant tdans

Postby tkr4lf on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:34 pm

Has anybody seen that show on Showtime, Homeland? It's pretty interesting. It's gotten pretty crazy here lately too. I'm enjoying it.
Major tkr4lf

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:07 pm

I cannot be the only intelligent young buck here who finds the Walking Dead to be completely derivative of other people's work? I found season 1 to be a big let down.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Timminz on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:32 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:I cannot be the only intelligent young buck here who finds the Walking Dead to be completely derivative of other people's work? I found season 1 to be a big let down.

I don't know anyone who enjoyed that show past episode 2 or 3.

The books, on the other hand...
Captain Timminz

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:52 am

To be the cormudgeon here, more and more I am thinking the best reccomendation is just to turn the set off. I see so very little that is even funny any more. I watch local news for weather and the occasional chance to see folks I know on screen. Else... CC is much more attractive.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Timminz on Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:26 am

PLAYER57832 wrote:To be the cormudgeon here, more and more I am thinking the best reccomendation is just to turn the set off.

Well, duh! No one actually watches anything on TV anymore. This is the age of the internet!
Captain Timminz

Postby pimpdave on Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:29 am

So did anyone else watch The Walking Dead tonight?

show
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:31 am

pimpdave wrote:So did anyone else watch The Walking Dead tonight?

show

I have no clue about your first paragraph because I wasn't paying attention that closely, but I agree with the second completely.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby pimpdave on Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:35 am

Well, watch closely if you happen to see it again. Honestly, squibs aren't that expensive. I know the AMC execs have been crying poverty (to give the creator of Mad Men a big pay day in order to get season five) but honestly, I might not come back and watch the second part of the season at this point. So there goes their ratings even more.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:47 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:I've been watching Arrested Development Lately, and it has become one of the much more entertaining shows that I"ve seen. Also, American Horror Story is incredibly intriguing.

-rd

AD is the greatest show ever. I can't tell you how many times I've watched that show. When you've watched it a couple times you start to really notice how genius every single line is, how they've paid attention to every single detail.

However, I'm very concerned about the new season and the movie they're going to release. I kinda wish they'd just let it be and not tarnish the good episodes. For instance, the new Futurama eps just aren't really that great, imo. They're good enough, but not great like the first 4 seasons.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby nietzsche on Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:57 am

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:AD is the greatest show ever. I can't tell you how many times I've watched that show. When you've watched it a couple times you start to really notice how genius every single line is, how they've paid attention to every single detail.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:59 am

pimpdave wrote:So did anyone else watch The Walking Dead tonight?

show

I think the point of were Darabont left was at this mid-season, so the direction of the show may change.

Overall, the show is interesting enough, but probably only because I love zombies. The writing and dialogue isn't that interesting to listen to, and I totally could predict Rick's lines when he was talking with Herschel about staying on the farm.

But there are other series (active and finished) that I've enjoyed much more in terms of character, plot, and overall story themes.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Aradhus on Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:12 pm

I don't care much for Zombies, I have no idea why they're so loved.

Anyway, season 2 of the Walking Dead has been pretty shit, the ending to last nights episode was good though.
Major Aradhus

Postby pimpdave on Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:44 pm

Darabont may have left at the midway point in terms of plotting, but he was gone from actually having a hand in making any episodes after the first. Meaning, these first six episodes were part of the arc Darabont had been working on, but in his scripts, it only took three episodes to get to where we are now. AMC slashed the budget and demanded they also string a six episode season into thirteen. After finishing the season premiere and losing his fight with the AMC execs, Darabont left, and we got the soap opera we've been watching.

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:24 pm

I've been seeing a lot of trailers for the upcoming ABC series Last Resort (you know, because the NBA Finals are on ABC) and it looks like it could be interesting.

The problem is that so many basic cable tv dramas suck giant ass (the only ones I've watched are Breayet. king Bad and Walking Dead, both on AMC) so I don't want to fall in love with it yet.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:27 pm

I still highly recommend Star Trek: The Original Series.

I'm just sayin'...
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:32 pm

Woodruff wrote:I still highly recommend Star Trek: The Original Series.

I'm just sayin'...

mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby nietzsche on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:34 pm

pimpdave wrote:Darabont may have left at the midway point in terms of plotting, but he was gone from actually having a hand in making any episodes after the first. Meaning, these first six episodes were part of the arc Darabont had been working on, but in his scripts, it only took three episodes to get to where we are now. AMC slashed the budget and demanded they also string a six episode season into thirteen. After finishing the season premiere and losing his fight with the AMC execs, Darabont left, and we got the soap opera we've been watching.

LOOK! A post made by pimpdave
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:35 pm

nietzsche wrote:
pimpdave wrote:Darabont may have left at the midway point in terms of plotting, but he was gone from actually having a hand in making any episodes after the first. Meaning, these first six episodes were part of the arc Darabont had been working on, but in his scripts, it only took three episodes to get to where we are now. AMC slashed the budget and demanded they also string a six episode season into thirteen. After finishing the season premiere and losing his fight with the AMC execs, Darabont left, and we got the soap opera we've been watching.

LOOK! A post made by pimpdave

If he posted like that more often, he'd probably be well-liked in the fora by everyone.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Timminz on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:39 pm

I've recently started re-watching The Wire. Holy shit, that's a good show!
Captain Timminz

Postby tkr4lf on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:20 am

Army of GOD wrote:

I'm just sayin'...

2 things:

1. That lady is fucking gorgeous.

2. That dude is a fucking giant.

That is all.
Major tkr4lf

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:22 pm

I'm just sayin'...

Out of curiosity, is TOS your favourite Star Trek?
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:47 pm

Haggis_McMutton wrote:

I'm just sayin'...

Out of curiosity, is TOS your favourite Star Trek?

For a while, I've wanted to sit down...over a couple of years, and watch all 762 episodes of all the Star Trek series.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,