Conquer Club

Addictive tendies

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Addictive tendies

Postby 2dimes on Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:36 am

jimboston wrote:
2dimes wrote:It was never about investing for most of the people that bought those Game Stop shares.

You still think a kid that would spend $600 on a pair of Nike shoes or $1200 on a new game console, is going to be upset to lose $200, buying stock to prevent the short sellers from bankrupting the company.

Ok.

1) Yes

2) How many people bought just one share?

When I wrote, "never about investing" I meant, they were not buying stock intending to profit on the price increase. I still believe most of them wanted to save the company.

No idea about your 2). I think you are right, I must have been sort of imagining someone buying one $200 share. And yeah, that's silly.

Those losing money I would have empathy for in this event, almost for sure bought shares way before they got to $200 each.

I would suspect nearly all shares purchased at higher prices, would have been bought reluctantly because someone had to buy them after a short sale.

Wouldn't almost everyone else just be sad they missed out grabbing some on the way up?

If someone, particularly a young Game Stop customer, that shouldn't have been buying them at the top did. I do not think they were buying 50 shares. I suppose it's possible that someone did that and is losing a large portion of $10,000.

Like you wrote toward that, "sorry!"
Corporal 2dimes

Postby 2dimes on Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:48 am

Huh, I was not considering this threads potential origin of the "$200" share price.

jimboston wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:
jimboston wrote:It continues to drop… almost at $100 now.

Time to sell!

I thought time to sell was at $50 in Feb 2021?

There are people who bought when it was plus $200 who are still holding.

There may be multiple times to sell… but now may be your last chance if you got in between $50-$100 get out now while the getting is good.

In hindsight, I should not have been using $200 for my recent comments.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:41 am

jimboston wrote:
2dimes wrote:It was never about investing for most of the people that bought those Game Stop shares.

You still think a kid that would spend $600 on a pair of Nike shoes or $1200 on a new game console, is going to be upset to lose $200, buying stock to prevent the short sellers from bankrupting the company.

Ok.

1) Yes

Just for the record I have no horse in the GME race.

However, as a small investor with limited funds, there are quite a few companies of which I own just one or two shares.

I own just one share of DUK.

One share of NVDA.

Two shares of VIXY.

Three shares of EAGB.

Three shares of SAGE.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby mookiemcgee on Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:50 am

Dukasaur wrote:
jimboston wrote:

Ok.

1) Yes

Just for the record I have no horse in the GME race.

However, as a small investor with limited funds, there are quite a few companies of which I own just one or two shares.

I own just one share of DUK.

One share of NVDA.

Two shares of VIXY.

Three shares of EAGB.

Three shares of SAGE.

In todays investing world where the trades themselves are basically free, and the only barrier to entry into the stock market is 'effort' it's become very common to own just a few shares of stock.

OF COURSE DUK OWNS DUK LOL
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jimboston on Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:07 am

Mookie.. I started out trying to have a normal conversation but your continued insults made that impossible… so now I’m just periodically dropping in to note the decreasing share price of GME.

It’s funny how I try to explain why I can’t invest in individual stocks due to my wife’s work… and the reporting requirements/delays associated with most investments… and that somehow turns into “his wife bangs Hedge Fund Managers”. Very intelligent and sophisticated response.

I will say that my main point here has never been that this stock “is always a bad investment”. Obviously that’s false… money can be made anytime a stock goes up or down depending on your position. My main point has simply been a refutation of your two themes which seems to be…

1) “GME is awesome and the stock is awesome and it’s definitely worth $300.”
-> It’s not…it was (as I stated before) likely undervalued at $20, but now definitely overvalued at sub $100.

2) “This whole GME price increase only fucked over those ‘evil hedge fund managers’.”
-> The hedge fund managers we’re fine… some may have lost SOME money, but I doubt anyone had to sell a yacht because of GME stock. The truth is more people got hurt and most had no clue…
- Sure some hedge fund managers lost money.
- Likely some rich hedge fund clients lost money.
- … but also other investment clients… clients like pension funds, which are likely under-fund to begin with.

… also you ignore the late-comers who jumped on the buy bandwagon after the stock started rising. Some of those (the ones who got in under $100) are still ok…but there are/were absolutely individuals (who granted made bad decisions) and got in at $100…$150… $200…etc. Those people are losing and you ignore this… the main point being it was artificially high. You think it’s truly worth $400? If true you should be buying all of it now that it’s under $100.
Private 1st Class jimboston

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:51 pm

jimboston wrote:
-> It’s not…it was (as I stated before) likely undervalued at $20, but now definitely overvalued at sub $100.

2) “This whole GME price increase only fucked over those ‘evil hedge fund managers’.”
-> The hedge fund managers we’re fine… some may have lost SOME money, but I doubt anyone had to sell a yacht because of GME stock. The truth is more people got hurt and most had no clue…
- … but also other investment clients… clients like pension funds, which are likely under-fund to begin with.

… also you ignore the late-comers who jumped on the buy bandwagon after the stock started rising. Some of those (the ones who got in under $100) are still ok…but there are/were absolutely individuals (who granted made bad decisions) and got in at $100…$150… $200…etc. Those people are losing and you ignore this… the main point being it was artificially high. You think it’s truly worth $400? If true you should be buying all of it now that it’s under $100.

It's funny cus this whole thread for over a year I've quoted dumb things you said, but when you try you can't be bothered to quote me and just make stuff up and try put those words in my mouth. How many hedgie dicks can your wife fit in her mouth?
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jimboston on Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:28 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:
jimboston wrote:

It's funny cus this whole thread for over a year I've quoted dumb things you said, but when you try you can't be bothered to quote me and just make stuff up and try put those words in my mouth. How many hedgie dicks can your wife fit in her mouth?

Why would I want to quote you when you resort to insults and refuse to engage in actual conversation?

Also you ignored my points. You aren’t refuting me or coming up with alternate points/theories… just ignoring what you don’t like.

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:50 pm

jimboston wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:
jimboston wrote:

Why would I want to quote you when you resort to insults and refuse to engage in actual conversation?

Also you ignored my points. You aren’t refuting me or coming up with alternate points/theories… just ignoring what you don’t like.

Tell you what, if you make a point that is worth refuting you can count on me to reply (you will probably find I refuted most of your nonsense last year). If all you have is 'some people bought the stock at a higher price than it is now', that's not really an argument for anything. It's true of 70% of stocks right now on any us exchange.

If you think it's worth $4 then you should be shorting it! Oh wait, as explained your sugarmama won't let you trade so you resort to giving direct financial advice to strangers online (which btw, you might want to ask a lawyer about the liability you are opening yourself up to with statements like this)

jimboston wrote:If you haven’t dumped it yet do so now if you bought it under $87, time to take that value before it’s gone."
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:00 pm

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3816125-g ... m-ramps-up

GME up 25+% today. Oops! Another wrong prediction for Jimbo
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:50 am

Pssst Jim, hey jim... I didn't sell at $90 like you wanted me to last week. Did GME go bankrupt yet?

GME - $144
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jimboston on Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:56 am

You’re just jelly you don’t have a sugar mama.

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:00 pm

jimboston wrote:You’re just jelly you don’t have a sugar mama.

GME $170 at open *edit GME $190 at close... maybe we should start an inverse jimboston etf? just do exactly the opposite of anything he suggest and get rich.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:22 pm

Looks like they had to stop trading for a short time this morning on GME because the price was moving up too fast again. Thank goodness I didn't listen to Jim tell me to sell everything at $85 'while there is still time to get out at a profit'
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:33 pm

Maybe Jim right above the price of GME getting too high?

Maybe Ryan Cohen heard his plea for rationality and agree'd the price was just to high and it needs to be reduced...

Bring on the stock split!!!
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby mookiemcgee on Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:17 pm

jimboston wrote:Mookie.. I started out trying to have a normal conversation but your continued insults made that impossible… so now I’m just periodically dropping in to note the decreasing share price of GME.

If official GME is back down to $40 share, right where is was mid Jan 2021 before this all popped off... of course it's only $40/share now because they did a 3/1 stock split and that price is reflective of $160/share so idk Jim... are you gonna live long enough to note when it goes back to .50c share?
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jimboston on Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:03 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:
jimboston wrote:Mookie.. I started out trying to have a normal conversation but your continued insults made that impossible… so now I’m just periodically dropping in to note the decreasing share price of GME.

If official GME is back down to $40 share, right where is was mid Jan 2021 before this all popped off... of course it's only $40/share now because they did a 3/1 stock split and that price is reflective of $160/share so idk Jim... are you gonna live long enough to note when it goes back to .50c share?

You’re bad at Math.

It’d have to reach $5 a share to be at $20 or $10 to be at $40 where I suggested it should be.

If it was at it’s pre-split high it’d have to go up to $100.

Postby mookiemcgee on Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:12 pm

You're bad at understanding?

Before the run up in early 2021, the stock was down around $2/share. For it to get back to that market cap it would have to drift all the way down to $.50c now.

i guess you feel it's worth $10 now, but frankly that's just a totally arbitrary marketcap suggestion on your part. You never attempted to justify that number with any math or reasoning other than 'My wife and her boyfriend say's it's not worth that much'.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jimboston on Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:39 am

mookiemcgee wrote:You're bad at understanding?

Before the run up in early 2021, the stock was down around $2/share. For it to get back to that market cap it would have to drift all the way down to $.50c now.

i guess you feel it's worth $10 now, but frankly that's just a totally arbitrary marketcap suggestion on your part. You never attempted to justify that number with any math or reasoning other than 'My wife and her boyfriend say's it's not worth that much'.

I laughed.

I understand the math. My point was never debating the $2… I was stating a pre-split price in the $20-$40 range based on stuff I had read at the time.

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:50 pm

Regardless... It's never going to back there. You were always wrong. You are basically Jim Boston Cramer, and we could all make money starting a reverse etf against your calls

Also BBBY.... Hits $30 by friday?
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jimboston on Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:57 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:Regardless... It's never going to back there. You were always wrong. You are basically Jim Boston Cramer, and we could all make money starting a reverse etf against your calls

Never is a very long time.

That said… I have and will admit I was wrong and surprised it didn’t drop more quickly.

If you wanna day trade it, it’s your call and risk. I still don’t believe the company is around for the long haul… but my prediction was wrong before so yeah, my comment here is a house-of-cards.

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:07 pm

jimboston wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:Regardless... It's never going to back there. You were always wrong. You are basically Jim Boston Cramer, and we could all make money starting a reverse etf against your calls

That said… I have and will admit I was wrong and surprised it didn’t drop more quickly.

If you wanna day trade it, it’s your call and risk. I still don’t believe the company is around for the long haul… but my prediction was wrong before so yeah, my comment here is a house-of-cards.

I gotta hand it to you Jim, it takes a big man to admit he, his wife and her boyfriend were all wrong.

Props to you!
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jimboston on Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:52 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:
jimboston wrote:

I gotta hand it to you Jim, it takes a big man to admit he, his wife and her boyfriend were all wrong.

Props to you!

Glad to see you are gracious in victory. :roll:

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:19 pm

IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN!!!

Bed Bath and Beyond in full short squeeze mode! (BBBY)
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jimboston on Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:02 pm

When’s the last time you were in a BBB store?

They’re empty.

They mail out “20% Off” coupons at least six times a year. When I occasionally need some need sheets or something I never pay full price cause I have a drawer full of these coupons that never expire. They let you use multiple coupons on one trip. The retail mark-ups are high… probably 35% or more… but with 20% off everything and empty stores….

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:29 pm

I'm having the weirdest sort of deja vu right now.

Sometimes price go up because special people come and invest in a nearly defunct company with new ideas on how they can survive and thrive for another 25 years. I'm not talking about dumb WSB retail investors.

I am merely the herald of that which was once already proven true. As was prophesied by brother Cohen, tendies shall reign down from the sky with such force as to greatly wound the evil Jim Cramer and his cuck hedgie friends wallets and pride. From the great Beyond shall return, resurrected a Bed for degens to gather rest, and water in which to Bathe

REPENT JIM BOSTON, REPENT. IT IS NOT TO LATE TO CHOOSE SALVATION
Colonel mookiemcgee

PreviousNext

Return to Out, out, brief candle!