Conquer Club

What is the Democrat Party?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What is the Democrat Party?

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:57 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Okay, well first I'm comparing "Tea Party = racist" for signs, comments, and whatnot to "Kill Mitt Romney" comments. I'm not comparing actual threats against the president with "Kill Mitt Romney" comments. I agree with Player too so I would never make the latter comparison. I suspect there was more outcry by the media over the "Tea Party = racist" stuff and applying that characterization to a large group of people than there was over actual, verifiable death threats against President Obama.

So, while I will disregard stupid shit like racist signs and tweets about killing Romney as stupid shit, the media did not disregard the former and should therefore not disregard the latter. Otherwise, I claim hypocrits.

Yeah, the response from the media in general is hypocritical, but obviously we know that partisan reporting are The rules of the game for them. But it's good to point this out because I hope others start to realize it.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Symmetry on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:07 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:Sym, there's no need to pollute the thread here with issues that you still have some emotional association with. Feel free to PM me or use the wall.

There's no need for deflection, this is a parody thread after all. And NS won't mind if if you take a bit of time out to explain what drove you to wishing my death, or whatever else bothers you about me.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Ray Rider on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:22 am

You two are both great posters when you aren't busy spending your time attacking each other. Why the personal vendetta? Are you solving anything or getting anywhere? You're just attacking each other, which, correct me if I'm wrong, isn't fun for either of you and it definitely isn't fun for the rest of us to observe either.
Highest score: 2221
Major Ray Rider

Postby Symmetry on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:36 am

*Shuffles feet*

He started it

*Shuffles feet*
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:13 am

Ray Rider wrote:You two are both great posters when you aren't busy spending your time attacking each other. Why the personal vendetta? Are you solving anything or getting anywhere? You're just attacking each other, which, correct me if I'm wrong, isn't fun for either of you and it definitely isn't fun for the rest of us to observe either.

It's not personal, nor do I intend to cast value judgments (thus it's not a vendetta or attack from me). For me, it's more of a puzzle. Here's how it goes:

One of my patterns is to objectively point out the problem and ask the question because there may be a time where Symmetry will disengage himself from his usual shtick by scaling-down to consider something different. (This is assuming that he does not intend on being a troll or what have you).

This mostly qualitative study has shown that the occurrence of him scaling-down and admitting to an error is extremely small (3 times out of... 25? or 50? or so).

What explains his behavior for 22/25 of the results? I'd say it's 75% trolling and 25% of the time he doesn't understand something, so he'll mask it by trolling**. Based on looser standards for observing his behavior with others, he more or less exhibits the same behavior (thus sufficiently resolving any issues with 'not having' a control group---CC Standards, mind you).

I do it for Science and because "cyber-human behavior" is interesting. Since the 'cat's outta the bag,' I'll have to shut down the study and ignore Symmetry,* which may be the best way to abide by your reasonable wishes, Ray Rider. Of course, for the sake of the Common Good, I'll occasionally refer others to this study when they become frustrated with Sym's usual ways. Why? Because once they understand the 'rules of the game' with Sym, then they'll realize new incentives which will garner them higher profits.

*(so I won't be responding to any reply by Sym, who is free to PM/wall me.)

**(It's impossible to tell how much of his behavior qualifies as "Butthurt", so I give him the benefit of the doubt by assuming that he's a cool-minded rational troll--when he's trolling of course.)
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Symmetry on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:29 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Ray Rider wrote:You two are both great posters when you aren't busy spending your time attacking each other. Why the personal vendetta? Are you solving anything or getting anywhere? You're just attacking each other, which, correct me if I'm wrong, isn't fun for either of you and it definitely isn't fun for the rest of us to observe either.

It's not personal, nor do I intend to cast value judgments (thus it's not a vendetta or attack from me).

You were recently banned for a thread calling on people to vote for my death, so I'm gonna cut you off here. The thing is, I didn't even report you for it, and plenty of people who dislike me and my style of posts also felt you were way out of line.

This is what I want from you as a reset for poster relations- an acknowledgement that you went too far. Not that you broke the rules, but that you went too far personally and went in to some pretty dark territory. It was clearly a vendetta and a value judgement about whether I should live or die.

I'd like an acknowledgement that what you did was wrong, and an unequivocal apology.

That's it, that's all I ask, and we can go back to bitching at each other on more genial terms.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Night Strike on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:55 am

Symmetry shows up and the entire train of thought goes to crap. TGD was clearly discussing hypocrisy in the Democratic media and the point flew completely over Symmetry's head to the point that he had to post to troll that it went over his head.
Major Night Strike

Postby thegreekdog on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:58 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Oh please, like TGS wasn't trolling. "hypocrits"?

Try to keep up BBS.

Ohhh, so perhaps Symmetry really doesn't understand TGD's stance.

(or Sym is trolling).

It's difficult to tell with this one, but I'd wager that Sym is trolling, since TGD's point was made twice and is pretty clear.

If Symm is doing it for the lulz, that's fine. I'm not going to report anything. I just don't want to waste my time typing and re-typing my point. And maybe that's the endgame for Symm - try to get TGD to keep repeating himself - but I don't know.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:26 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
So, while I will disregard stupid shit like racist signs and tweets about killing Romney as stupid shit, the media did not disregard the former and should therefore not disregard the latter. Otherwise, I claim hypocrits.

The stupidity against Romney is on one person.. either real and therefore criminal or garbage.. and worthy of being ignored.

Racist comments impact everyone. They are essentially threats against large groups of people. They are not usually criminal, becuase we do have free speech. Part of that "free" bit though is that you have to make what idiots say known.

In other words.. giving the Romney attackers a platform just gives them more power without accomplishing anything for the whole. Showing that racism still exists, is a part of some debates. Stupidity, sure.. but stupidity that, if ignored, will grow and impact us all. Ironically, in that case, the fact that they attacked the presidential candidate in that way was somewhat irrelevant. It just made it more important that the subject be brought out.

Beyond that... the demonstrable bias in the media is not anti-Republican, nor pro Democratic. It is somewhat pro conservative, definitely pro big business. That is because advertisers pay for the big TV stations. Even PBS is so influenced, though they at least take some steps to try and remain more independent.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Phatscotty on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:20 am

In a new video by “We Are Change,” controversial reporter Luke Rudkowski went to New York City, where he told a number of self-described Obama voters that the president’s policies are actually being supported by Mitt Romney.
Major Phatscotty

Postby MeDeFe on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:26 am

thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:The substantive portion of the threats against Obama and Romney are very similar - words (typed or written) calling for assassination. Why are you taking the threats against Romney less seriously?

Obama is a sitting president of the United States. Romney is a contender. That is reason enough.

Yeah- while I accept your general point that threats against Romney should be taken seriously, TGD, you're really going out on a limb by saying he should be treated the same as the Commander in Chief. I'm with Player on this.

Okay, well first I'm comparing "Tea Party = racist" for signs, comments, and whatnot to "Kill Mitt Romney" comments. I'm not comparing actual threats against the president with "Kill Mitt Romney" comments. I agree with Player too so I would never make the latter comparison. I suspect there was more outcry by the media over the "Tea Party = racist" stuff and applying that characterization to a large group of people than there was over actual, verifiable death threats against President Obama.

So, in essence, you were bullshitting?

And... we're done (again). I'm wondering if this will be the final result in every thread where we engage in "discussion."

BigBallinStalin wrote:Why do you do this?

TGD's point is pretty obvious, but somehow you (un)intentionally misconstrue it.

Don't know if trolling or just...

I don't know why. Perhaps he's just trolling or he's really that stupid. I mean, he did try to troll Nobunaga with the ellipses...

Idk... in the first post by you in this pyramid you talk about threats against Romney and threats against Obama. In your second, longer post you definitely seem to move the goalposts.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:34 pm

"the media did not disregard the former and should therefore not disregard the latter. Otherwise, I claim hypocrits."

That's consistently been the point since I've tuned in when TGD first built up to and finalized that claim (before TGD's top of the pyramid post). It's not hard to understand why TGD holds this position because he notes the inconsistency from the reactions of the media. Apparently, others have a hard to time remembering what TGD said before this... (or they're just trolling, derp).

MeDeFe, good luck justifying Sym's (lol) not-trolling. I'm not sure what you mean by "moving goal posts" without providing any example. It seems that you'll base your observation on the top-of-the-pyramid post while neglecting previous posts which add context to it (hah, that top-post may have been taken out of context itself, which would explain player's and sym's (un)intentional confusion).
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Night Strike on Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:15 pm

HOUSTON, TX - Friday afternoon at an early polling place located at 6719 W. Montgomery Road in Houston, NAACP members were seen advocating for President Barack Obama according to volunteer poll watchers on location at the time.

According to Eve Rockford, a poll watcher trained by voter integrity group True the Vote, three NAACP members showed up to the 139 precinct location with 50 cases of bottled water and began handing bottles out to people standing in line. While wearing NAACP labeled clothing, members were "stirring the crowd" and talking to voters about flying to Ohio to promote President Barack Obama.

After watching what was occurring, Rockford approached Polling Supervisor Rose Cochran about what she was seeing.

"I went to the polling supervisor and let her know that it was not appropriate that they were in the building handing out water. She ignored me. I repeated my statement. She told me that she would handle it. She did nothing. I then went to the assistant supervisor and he stood up, walked over to another table and then sat down. I then walked into the waiting room and they were reloading another dolly with more cases of water," Rockford said in a True the Vote incident report.

After handing out water and advocating for President Obama, the NAACP members started handpicking and moving people to the front of a long voting line inside the polling place according to the incident report. After multiple complaints from voters about the line cutting, Rockford received a phone call from downtown telling her to “stand down.”

“All of the sudden one of the clerks, Dayan Cohen, said that someone wanted to speak to me on the phone. It was someone from downtown. I got on the phone and she said she was from downtown and that I needed to stand down and that it was okay for the NAACP to be within 100 ft. and they could hand out water. I told her that the NAACP was inside the building, wearing the NAACP clothing and caps and were handing out water and moving people from the back of the lines to the front of the lines,” Rockford said.

At this point, NAACP members were instructed to turn their clothing inside out, which they refused to do and said they weren’t going to stop their actions inside the polling place. Their behavior and actions to move people to the front of the line continued for the rest of the evening. Texas State Representative Sylvester Turner, a former Texas NAACP leader, was also seen outside the building talking with voters.

“The NAACP basically ran this poll location and the judges did nothing about it,” Rockford said.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2012/11/03/breaking_naacp_takes_over_polling_station_advocates_for_president_obama_at_houston_polling_location
Major Night Strike

Postby Nobunaga on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:39 am

Night Strike wrote:
HOUSTON, TX - Friday afternoon at an early polling place located at 6719 W. Montgomery Road in Houston, NAACP members were seen advocating for President Barack Obama according to volunteer poll watchers on location at the time.

According to Eve Rockford, a poll watcher trained by voter integrity group True the Vote, three NAACP members showed up to the 139 precinct location with 50 cases of bottled water and began handing bottles out to people standing in line. While wearing NAACP labeled clothing, members were "stirring the crowd" and talking to voters about flying to Ohio to promote President Barack Obama.

After watching what was occurring, Rockford approached Polling Supervisor Rose Cochran about what she was seeing.

"I went to the polling supervisor and let her know that it was not appropriate that they were in the building handing out water. She ignored me. I repeated my statement. She told me that she would handle it. She did nothing. I then went to the assistant supervisor and he stood up, walked over to another table and then sat down. I then walked into the waiting room and they were reloading another dolly with more cases of water," Rockford said in a True the Vote incident report.

After handing out water and advocating for President Obama, the NAACP members started handpicking and moving people to the front of a long voting line inside the polling place according to the incident report. After multiple complaints from voters about the line cutting, Rockford received a phone call from downtown telling her to “stand down.”

“All of the sudden one of the clerks, Dayan Cohen, said that someone wanted to speak to me on the phone. It was someone from downtown. I got on the phone and she said she was from downtown and that I needed to stand down and that it was okay for the NAACP to be within 100 ft. and they could hand out water. I told her that the NAACP was inside the building, wearing the NAACP clothing and caps and were handing out water and moving people from the back of the lines to the front of the lines,” Rockford said.

At this point, NAACP members were instructed to turn their clothing inside out, which they refused to do and said they weren’t going to stop their actions inside the polling place. Their behavior and actions to move people to the front of the line continued for the rest of the evening. Texas State Representative Sylvester Turner, a former Texas NAACP leader, was also seen outside the building talking with voters.

“The NAACP basically ran this poll location and the judges did nothing about it,” Rockford said.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2012/11/03/breaking_naacp_takes_over_polling_station_advocates_for_president_obama_at_houston_polling_location

... Yeah, I saw this this morning. Violation of the law? .... so, who really cares? .. so long as it's for the right guy.

Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Postby notyou2 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:16 am

Night Strike wrote:

Voting irregularities in America are abundant on both sides.
Captain notyou2

Postby patrickaa317 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:22 am

notyou2 wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

Voting irregularities in America are abundant on both sides.

At least that makes it acceptable, right?
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby notyou2 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:50 am

Not at all. You need to get your shit together.
Captain notyou2

Postby patrickaa317 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:53 am

notyou2 wrote:Not at all. You need to get your shit together.

I'm not the one defending it by saying "well it happens on both sides".
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby notyou2 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:57 am

patrickaa317 wrote:

How did you construe that I am defending it? I never said that.
Captain notyou2

Postby MeDeFe on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:59 am

notyou2 wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:

How did you construe that I am defending it? I never said that.

That's not what patrickaa did.
Protip: You're both on the same side.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby notyou2 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:06 am

When I said "you need to get your shit together"...I meant the country as a whole. America needs better election rules in my opinion. In Canada, no one can advertise except the parties. Spending on advertising by the parties is limited. No one can solicit votes at a polling station inside or out, and gifts are a HUGE no-no. If it was a really hot day and big lines, the only one permitted to give out water would be Elections Canada staffers. Showing voter ID is a requirement, predominately drivers license but I believe picture ID or 3 pieces with birth certificate is needed if you were missed when they sent the polling station cards out.
Captain notyou2

Postby patrickaa317 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:45 am

notyou2 wrote:When I said "you need to get your shit together"...I meant the country as a whole. America needs better election rules in my opinion. In Canada, no one can advertise except the parties. Spending on advertising by the parties is limited. No one can solicit votes at a polling station inside or out, and gifts are a HUGE no-no. If it was a really hot day and big lines, the only one permitted to give out water would be Elections Canada staffers. Showing voter ID is a requirement, predominately drivers license but I believe picture ID or 3 pieces with birth certificate is needed if you were missed when they sent the polling station cards out.

That makes sense, I didn't realize you were from that side of the border referring "you" as the US...
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Nobunaga on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:56 am

notyou2 wrote:When I said "you need to get your shit together"...I meant the country as a whole. America needs better election rules in my opinion. In Canada, no one can advertise except the parties. Spending on advertising by the parties is limited. No one can solicit votes at a polling station inside or out, and gifts are a HUGE no-no. If it was a really hot day and big lines, the only one permitted to give out water would be Elections Canada staffers. Showing voter ID is a requirement, predominately drivers license but I believe picture ID or 3 pieces with birth certificate is needed if you were missed when they sent the polling station cards out.

... That system sounds great. ... Wonder why we don't follow suit? (not really)

Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Previous

Return to Out, out, brief candle!