Conquer Club

McDonald's Loves Black People

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: McDonald's Loves Black People

Postby Symmetry on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:56 pm

Maybe he means the bun? I'm pretty sure they're high in carbohydrates.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby 72o on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:03 pm

I think McDonald's only hires black people. That's all I ever see there. Coincidentally, the service I receive at McDonald's is consistently sub-par.

It's like the anti-Chick-Fil-A.
Sergeant 72o

Postby Symmetry on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:09 pm

72o wrote:I think McDonald's only hires black people. That's all I ever see there. Coincidentally, the service I receive at McDonald's is consistently sub-par.

:shock:

Perhaps the problem is that you're kind of an idiot.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:12 pm

Symmetry wrote:
72o wrote:I think McDonald's only hires black people. That's all I ever see there. Coincidentally, the service I receive at McDonald's is consistently sub-par.

Ah, yes. The ever-understanding debater: Symmetry.

Why not give someone the benefit of the doubt and ask questions to reveal their true intentions and meaning? Why make such presumptions claims on people whose intentions and meanings you do not know?

Sadly, you resort to the ad hominem while rattling your pretense of knowledge. Whether that is the mark of idiocy or is merely intended to maintain the theme of the Off-Topics, we may never know. Or do we?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Symmetry on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:17 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Why not give someone the benefit of the doubt and ask questions to reveal their true intentions and meaning? Why make such presumptions claims on people whose intentions and meanings you do not know?

Sadly, you resort to the ad hominem while rattling your pretense of knowledge. Whether that is the mark of idiocy or is merely intended to maintain the theme of the Off-Topics, we may never know. Or do we?

Do you agree with him?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby 2dimes on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:25 pm

How could we agree or disagree with the opinion of someone we don't know on what that person claimed to see?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:26 pm

Symmetry wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Do you agree with him?

With what exactly?

Is he being sincere in his use of "coincidentally"?

If we update his first two sentences with what he's implying, then the two become one: "I perceive that McDonald's only hires black people in my immediate area." Then comes the "coincidentally" sentence with its the unknown meanings/intentions.

So, how can I agree with him if the meaning and intention are unknown? I'd be foolish to presume that which I do not know.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby 72o on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:32 pm

BBS' breakdown of sentences 1 and 2 are pretty accurate. I do not ever see anyone working at McDonalds except for African Americans. Of course this has to do with my geography.

The "coincidentally" term was intended to point out that I don't necessarily perceive any correlation between race and service quality, it just happens to be a coincidence.

Chick-Fil-A is basically the exact opposite, at least around here. They only hire white folks from what I can tell, I never see any minorities there. And their service is always very efficient and polite. I like how they say "my pleasure" every time I say thanks.
Sergeant 72o

Postby Symmetry on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:33 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Do you agree with him?

With what exactly?

If we update his first two sentences with what he's implying, then the two become one: "I perceive that McDonald's only hires black people in my immediate area." Then comes the "coincidentally" sentence with its the unknown meanings/intentions.

So, how can I agree with him if the meaning and intention are unknown? I'd be foolish to presume that which I do not know.

You seem to be saying that you want to agree with him, and are willing to jump through hoops to do so.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Symmetry on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:39 pm

72o wrote:BBS' breakdown of sentences 1 and 2 are pretty accurate. I do not ever see anyone working at McDonalds except for African Americans. Of course this has to do with my geography.

The "coincidentally" term was intended to point out that I don't necessarily perceive any correlation between race and service quality, it just happens to be a coincidence.

Chick-Fil-A is basically the exact opposite, at least around here. They only hire white folks from what I can tell, I never see any minorities there. And their service is always very efficient and polite. I like how they say "my pleasure" every time I say thanks.

So you're not saying that Mcdonalds only hires black people anymore, but you're doubling down and saying that Chick-fil-a only hires white people? And that you coincidentally think the white folks are more polite?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Gillipig on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:43 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:As much as I disdain McDonalds, claiming they don't make their burgers from ground cow meat is a stretch.. unless you refer to their chicken sandwiches or their new offerings in India.

There is enough honest criticism of McDonalds without lapsing into pure falsehoods.

If they use cow meat is not the question really. I assume you don't know much about this as otherwise you wouldn't be satisfied with just that they use cow meat. The question is really how much of the burger is meat and how much is filled out with carbohydrates. Just by looking at it and feeling the consistence of a burger you can see if it's "real" meat or not. Make a burger from real cow meat yourself and see what it looks and feels like.

On the contrary, the relatively bland flavour of MacDonalds burgers is because the patties are pure beef. If you make a burger at home you will probably use eggs and breadcrumbs and spices galore; these are the things that give it flavour. But to keep the marketing simple, MacDonalds does use pure 100% beef, simply to avoid giving ammunition to critics who would distort any enhancement and call it filler. They reap the worst of both worlds, unfortunately. The burgers are bland from lack of seasoning and still these baseless accusations continue to swirl.

I don't know what kind of burgers you make and quite frankly I don't want to know because it sounds like they taste pretty awful. I must ask, are you/have you by any chance been employed by MacDonalds?
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby 72o on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:06 pm

Symmetry wrote:
72o wrote:BBS' breakdown of sentences 1 and 2 are pretty accurate. I do not ever see anyone working at McDonalds except for African Americans. Of course this has to do with my geography.

So you're not saying that Mcdonalds only hires black people anymore, but you're doubling down and saying that Chick-fil-a only hires white people? And that you coincidentally think the white folks are more polite?

I am sharing my experiences at 2 well-known quick service restaurants. I'm sure there's no website that will tell you Chick-fil-a doesn't hire minorities, but in my experience that seems to be the deal. Similarly, at McDonald's, I only see African Americans. Perhaps it's because they're the only ones that apply, I have no idea. Just sharing my experience.

It is my opinion Chick-fil-a has a better handle on product and service quality and consistency. I find that my fast food dollar is much better spent at chick-fil-a vs. mcdonalds. Whether that has anything to do with their hiring practices is a matter for debate. Which is what I thought we do here.
Sergeant 72o

Postby Symmetry on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:19 pm

Oh we do, and pointing out that you're being pretty racist is part of the debate. I note you're trying to back away from your initial statements.

Conceding that you're wrong is part of the debate process too. Did you expect blanket agreement?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby 72o on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:25 pm

Symmetry wrote:Oh we do, and pointing out that you're being pretty racist is part of the debate. I note you're trying to back away from your initial statements.

Conceding that you're wrong is part of the debate process too. Did you expect blanket agreement?

Not sure that I'm backing away, I'm explaining myself more thoroughly, lest I get tattled on as a banhammer candidate because someone says I hate black people.

Obviously I am aware that McDonald's does in fact hire non-African American people. I just never see them working at the locations that I visit.
Sergeant 72o

Postby Symmetry on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:28 pm

72o wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Oh we do, and pointing out that you're being pretty racist is part of the debate. I note you're trying to back away from your initial statements.

Not sure that I'm backing away, I'm explaining myself more thoroughly, lest I get tattled on as a banhammer candidate because someone says I hate black people.

Obviously I am aware that McDonald's does in fact hire non-African American people. I just never see them working at the locations that I visit.

Interesting, that's quite a few steps away from your argument that Mcdonalds only hires black people.

72o wrote:I think McDonald's only hires black people.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby 72o on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:33 pm

Actual experience from yesterday:

My wife asks me to pull into McDonald's because she likes their coffee.
I roll my eyes and oblige.
Pull up to the drive-thru, ask for a medium regular coffee, black, and a medium hot hazelnut latte, nonfat milk.
Girl asks me to repeat it 3 times, then says "hold on", then rings up one iced latte and asks me if the screen is showing my order.
No, back and forth, HOT latte I am forced to say about 5 times. 2 DIFFERENT COFFEES. Finally she gets it right.
I pull up at the first window. African American female #1 asks, "what did you have now?"
Explain the order again. Pay the 6 bucks.
Pull up to the second window. African American female #2 asks, "did you have the iced latte?"
"No, HOT latte. Hazelnut. We just went over this."
"oh, our machine is down right now, do you want to wait?"
"how long is it going to be?"
"I'm not sure, she's got it unplugged right now."
"can I have my money back?"
"what did you have again?"
I drove off.
Sergeant 72o

Postby 72o on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:34 pm

Symmetry wrote:
72o wrote:

Interesting, that's quite a few steps away from your argument that Mcdonalds only hires black people.

Interesting that you can't comprehend a hyperbole (that means exaggeration) when you see one.
Sergeant 72o

Postby PLAYER57832 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:35 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:As much as I disdain McDonalds, claiming they don't make their burgers from ground cow meat is a stretch.. unless you refer to their chicken sandwiches or their new offerings in India.

There is enough honest criticism of McDonalds without lapsing into pure falsehoods.

If they use cow meat is not the question really. I assume you don't know much about this as otherwise you wouldn't be satisfied with just that they use cow meat. The question is really how much of the burger is meat and how much is filled out with carbohydrates. Just by looking at it and feeling the consistence of a burger you can see if it's "real" meat or not. Make a burger from real cow meat yourself and see what it looks and feels like.

On the contrary, the relatively bland flavour of MacDonalds burgers is because the patties are pure beef. If you make a burger at home you will probably use eggs and breadcrumbs and spices galore; these are the things that give it flavour. But to keep the marketing simple, MacDonalds does use pure 100% beef, simply to avoid giving ammunition to critics who would distort any enhancement and call it filler. They reap the worst of both worlds, unfortunately. The burgers are bland from lack of seasoning and still these baseless accusations continue to swirl.

Its the fat that gives beef its flavor, the fat.. and you don't usually cook it to 165 degrees F at home.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby PLAYER57832 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:39 pm

It's like the anti-Chick-Fil-A.

Hmmm... well there is not one black person in the 3 McDonalds' near here. We don't have any chic-a-fil.

Maybe the "cooincidence" has to do with being in the south? :-k
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Symmetry on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:41 pm

72o wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
72o wrote:

Interesting that you can't comprehend a hyperbole (that means exaggeration) when you see one.

Hyperbole, not "a hyperbole". Your hyperbollock arguments are remarkably easy to spot and comprehend.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby PLAYER57832 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:47 pm

72o wrote:Actual experience from yesterday:

My wife asks me to pull into McDonald's because she likes their coffee.
I roll my eyes and oblige.
Pull up to the drive-thru, ask for a medium regular coffee, black, and a medium hot hazelnut latte, nonfat milk.
Girl asks me to repeat it 3 times, then says "hold on", then rings up one iced latte and asks me if the screen is showing my order.
No, back and forth, HOT latte I am forced to say about 5 times. 2 DIFFERENT COFFEES. Finally she gets it right.
I pull up at the first window. African American female #1 asks, "what did you have now?"
Explain the order again. Pay the 6 bucks.
Pull up to the second window. African American female #2 asks, "did you have the iced latte?"
"No, HOT latte. Hazelnut. We just went over this."
"oh, our machine is down right now, do you want to wait?"
"how long is it going to be?"
"I'm not sure, she's got it unplugged right now."
"can I have my money back?"
"what did you have again?"
I drove off.

So you gave them $6 for nothing... and you consider them the idiots?
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Symmetry on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:50 pm

It looks like he just doesn't like a group of people based on their skin colour.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby PLAYER57832 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:52 pm

Symmetry wrote:It looks like he just doesn't like a group of people based on their skin colour.

Maybe, but I think my comment was more to the point.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Symmetry on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:55 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:It looks like he just doesn't like a group of people based on their skin colour.

Maybe, but I think my comment was more to the point.

I'll take that as good advice to take a step back. His stuff is pretty racist though.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:52 pm

Symmetry wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Do you agree with him?

With what exactly?

You seem to be saying that you want to agree with him, and are willing to jump through hoops to do so.

Anything can seem what you want it to as long as you presume to know things which you don't know.
Major BigBallinStalin

PreviousNext

Return to Out, out, brief candle!