Conquer Club

AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Favorite Character Past and Current Season?

Rick
7%
Lori
2%
Carl
2%
Andrea
No votes
Dale
3%
T-Dog
No votes
Carol
5%
Hershel
2%
Glenn
7%
Maggie
No votes
Beth
2%
Daryl
44%
Merle
3%
Morgan
2%
Shane
5%
Michonne
15%
The Governor
No votes
Milton
No votes
Tyrese
No votes
Sasha
2%

Total votes : 59

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:03 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
WILLIAMS5232 wrote:ok, perfect couples for the gay switcheroo,

morgan-gabriel

eugene-abraham

deanna-jessie-carol (threesome)

glenn the zombie-aaron

rosita-mihcone

rick-daryll

carl-the governer*

sasha-maggie

*i know the governer is dead, but i would think that carl would get turned on by that eye-patch. so i just went with it.

You know, the funny thing is, I don't know the names of half these people. If I saw them I'd be like "oh yeah, that guy," but the core cast has grown so fucking huge that even named characters may only get like 10 minutes screen time every couple episodes. This is basically the Rick Grimes Variety Hour.

I had to cheat myself. I can probably put 20 or so faces with a name, but half of those are now dead. I wish they would have kept that hot cop alive back from the hospital. I really thought thats who rick was going to start smashing. I completely forgot about her til' i went back to check names for the fantasy gay couple.

Who wants to start a fantasy TWD game?
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby DaGip on Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:48 pm

WILLIAMS5232 wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
WILLIAMS5232 wrote:ok, perfect couples for the gay switcheroo,

morgan-gabriel

eugene-abraham

deanna-jessie-carol (threesome)

glenn the zombie-aaron

rosita-mihcone

rick-daryll

carl-the governer*

sasha-maggie

*i know the governer is dead, but i would think that carl would get turned on by that eye-patch. so i just went with it.

You know, the funny thing is, I don't know the names of half these people. If I saw them I'd be like "oh yeah, that guy," but the core cast has grown so fucking huge that even named characters may only get like 10 minutes screen time every couple episodes. This is basically the Rick Grimes Variety Hour.

I had to cheat myself. I can probably put 20 or so faces with a name, but half of those are now dead. I wish they would have kept that hot cop alive back from the hospital. I really thought thats who rick was going to start smashing. I completely forgot about her til' i went back to check names for the fantasy gay couple.

Who wants to start a fantasy TWD game?

I will. You GM? How do we do it? Personality type, Skills, Weapons? Actually sounds like a pretty kick ass RPG.
Army of GOD wrote:This thread is now about my large penis
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:39 am

DaGip wrote:I will. You GM? How do we do it? Personality type, Skills, Weapons? Actually sounds like a pretty kick ass RPG.

Well, im not too up on fantasy sports, but i have played draftkings every now and again.

I was just thinking to use about 15-20 of the characters, assign them a salary, then give them points for doing things in each episode. Like say,

3 points = appearing on the episode
1 point = killing a zombie without a gun
.5 points = killing a zombie with a gun
4 points = killing a human
2 points = saving a human
Etc.
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:34 am

The world of the Walking Dead is Heaven and Hell, which is occurring simultaneously. It's all about the perspective which divides the two.
Major Phatscotty

Postby strike wolf on Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:10 pm

I'm starting to get annoyed now. We aren't even done introducimg one new villain group a mega horde and answering whether Glenn lives or dies (the voice sounded more like Rick to me) when they introduce a seemingly new group. I mean they seem distinct from The Wolves. The Saviors I think is what was suggested. I wouldn't mind a second group being introduced with the Alexandrians and Rick in the middle but with everything else going on, it is just dragging out the pace of everything.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:27 pm

Also was Abraham flirting with Sasha?
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:37 pm

strike wolf wrote:Also was Abraham flirting with Sasha?

yes,

i'm fine with how they're dragging things out as long as they tie up all the loose ends before christmas. i'm still pissed about that 90 min. episode with morgan tho'.

also, i like all these new additions;
rpg's
fuel truck
useless statue

should make for some interesting plot filler coming up when they all meet up again.
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby Phatscotty on Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:19 am

Glenn made it underneath the dumpster, and it looks like Abraham (my new fav) is gonna lob an RPG to clear 300 zombies with one shot
Major Phatscotty

Postby DaGip on Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:12 am

Phatscotty wrote:Glenn made it underneath the dumpster, and it looks like Abraham (my new fav) is gonna lob an RPG to clear 300 zombies with one shot

Nice prediction. We shall see.

But in pertaining to this latest particular episode...it drug on and on. The insulin girl didn't know enough NOT to go anywhere close to dead people? Was that inexperience? Surely, everyone knows that DEAD PEOPLE become cannibalistic zombies by this time! And Daryl didn't warn her? He was standing right there.

Now we have Abraham basically making a "marriage" proposal to Sasha and I am certain those cigars (just sitting out in the open for months or years) are complete shit by this juncture.

The only time we caught a glimpse of the old Daryl is at the end when he says: "You're gonna be." as the two survivors steal all his shit and leave him with a knife and a band aid.

I'd have to admit, I liked the episode more than the Morgan episode...but not by much.
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby strike wolf on Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:41 am

Nah. It's going to be Rick on the walkie and then Daryll will go to help them and save them after one exhaustive episode and we'll still not know what happens to Glenn until later when we run into zombie Glen who gets his brains bashed out by Negan.

Daryll right now is relating himself to the pirate left on an island with one bullet and he's figuring out how he can use that statue to kill both of them next he sees them. He will see them again. Somehow the producers will find a way to get him back his precious crossbow.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:37 pm

strike wolf wrote:Nah. It's going to be Rick on the walkie and then Daryll will go to help them and save them after one exhaustive episode and we'll still not know what happens to Glenn until later when we run into zombie Glen who gets his brains bashed out by Negan.

Daryll right now is relating himself to the pirate left on an island with one bullet and he's figuring out how he can use that statue to kill both of them next he sees them. He will see them again. Somehow the producers will find a way to get him back his precious crossbow.

Something is going on with that blood on the wall. Rick and Deanna both stared at it, not sure what that is about. Maybe its just some nifty writers forshadowing trick that only a Harvard scholor would recognize. I kind of want to think its the young girl.

There should be a mid-season finale coming up where we may get to know everything. But i wouldn't put it past them to drag what happened to glenn out forever. Think of the governers battle at the prison. Almost 2 seasons or more building up to it, qnd it was over in like 30 minutes. He had a tank for crying out loud
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby KoolBak on Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:40 pm

So I don't watch this, but the other night I was at a bar in downtown Portland (OR) and there was a private party downstairs....all these freaky people, all painted and dressed wild, were funneling down there....turns out it was the after party from the Walking Dead expo that was taking place nearby....bizarre!
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Private 1st Class KoolBak

Postby DaGip on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:18 pm

jimboston wrote:If they wanted to put him in a sire situation... they should let him survive that episode.

To present this scene and let him live will be BS.

If he's not dead, I may walk from the show.

Are you walkin' yet?
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:54 pm

KoolBak wrote:So I don't watch this

get out
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:58 pm

I'm okay with Glenn's survival. The most recent episode was another throwaway except for one or two moments of excitement. I don't mind talking episodes, I would just prefer the talking be focused on explaining some of the massive holes in the story, instead of sitting-in on Morgan's psychotherapy sessions or watching the massive sexual tension develop between Carl and Ron. The mid-season finale better be fireworks.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby DaGip on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:04 pm

saxitoxin wrote:I'm okay with Glenn's survival. The most recent episode was another throwaway except for one or two moments of excitement. I don't mind talking episodes, I would just prefer the talking be focused on explaining some of the massive holes in the story, instead of sitting-in on Morgan's psychotherapy sessions or watching the massive sexual tension develop between Carl and Ron. The mid-season finale better be fireworks.

Theories:

1. Glenn killed Enid (thus, the floating balloons...he just got sick of her shit)
2. Morgan is gay and the "W" guy is his BF
3. Ron kills both Carl and Rick and takes over as leader of the group
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby strike wolf on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:45 pm

10 seconds in.. yeah I tried to deny it but a part of me always knew. I would say I am disappointed in the shows writers but this is pretty par for the course for them. Should I walk? Not yet but I am close. So Enid not only happened to wind up in the same town as Glenn but also somehow managed not to notice the giant herd of walkers on her way there despite heading in the direction they came from? How long did she know Glenn was under there? Judith? Who's judith? Oh right Ricks baby that's never shown any more.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:18 pm

strike wolf wrote:10 seconds in.. yeah I tried to deny it but a part of me always knew. I would say I am disappointed in the shows writers but this is pretty par for the course for them. Should I walk? Not yet but I am close. So Enid not only happened to wind up in the same town as Glenn but also somehow managed not to notice the giant herd of walkers on her way there despite heading in the direction they came from? How long did she know Glenn was under there? Judith? Who's judith? Oh right Ricks baby that's never shown any more.

I like how Rick has basically shoveled-off responsibility for raising Judith to other people. Every once in awhile he'll get a status report (e.g. Carol - "she's looking like Lori!") and will smile and nod politely but you can tell he really gives a f*ck. Carl sometimes helps out when he's not busy eye-raping Ron.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby strike wolf on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:34 pm

The episode was horrible. As good as this season started out, it is going downhill fast.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:20 am

strike wolf wrote:10 seconds in.. yeah I tried to deny it but a part of me always knew. I would say I am disappointed in the shows writers but this is pretty par for the course for them. Should I walk? Not yet but I am close. So Enid not only happened to wind up in the same town as Glenn but also somehow managed not to notice the giant herd of walkers on her way there despite heading in the direction they came from? How long did she know Glenn was under there? Judith? Who's judith? Oh right Ricks baby that's never shown any more.

they do show it every once and a while, it's funny. carl has gotten completely awkward looking and grown 3 feet, yet judith still wears diapers. also, what's the time frame we're at here. are we talking years since z-day, i haven't even seen a winter yet. arent they like up in virginia by now?
the casting directors are probably catching hell for carl turning out to be a dork instead of a stud like his "dad".

on a personal note, i'm happy with the way things are going. and i liked the last episode. i would agree that some things they just drag out to no end, like the 10 minute talks on the wall and all the hugging and crying. but so far so good. i have way too much time invested in this show to just quit it now. i've never watched a show like i've been following this one. i guess the office kept my attention, but i was never making sure i was home when it started like i do for TWD. i catch a bad episode every now and again, but for the most part i stay entertained.
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby strike wolf on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:14 am

Twas a pretty good episode. PeOrleans may be upset about Morgan now that he's back on the show but his character arc has alooked a lot of shit to go down as well as strong tension between him and Carol.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:00 am

strike wolf wrote:Twas a pretty good episode. PeOrleans may be upset about Morgan now that he's back on the show but his character arc has alooked a lot of shit to go down as well as strong tension between him and Carol.

It was okay. I feel like these episodes are being drawn out needlessly with the artistic foreshadowing (ants), slow-motion montages, heart-to-heart talks, etc. Those things are all fine and keep the show interesting, but the mid-season finale needs to be non-stop action.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby riskllama on Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:34 am

is this the russia vs. poland thread? nietzsche said it was.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby riskllama on Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:30 pm

*crickets*
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby strike wolf on Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:19 am

I don't know...I really wanted to like last week's episode because there was a lot going on but most of the group just seemed so suddenly out of character that it was just weird. Rick's girlfriend I get, she had a moment of overwhelming emotion watching her son get eaten but that scene in itself felt weird watching them kill off 3 secondary characters for seemingly no other reason than to have them killed off in less than 2 minutes. Gabriel (and half of the Alexandrians) is suddenly badass? when did that happen? The Wolfman has a heart all of a sudden...a bit contrived to come up with a quick solution to one of the mid-season's cliff hangers...though at least he's finally dead. I was getting tired of being reminded of how the show set the Wolves up to be so badass for a full half season and then just shot them down in less than 2 episodes. I had been so excited about having a villain group that actually sounded somewhat competent last year and then they pull off a half-baked plan with no guns for some reason and introduce the Saviors. I am sorry comic book nerds, this could change as we learn more but so far the Saviors just aren't exciting me. So yeah, I want to like this episode because there was so much going on but it just felt weird and out of place. Almost like a dream sequence at times.

I do find it kind of funny though. In an episode where multiple characters spent half the time fighting their way through a swarm of zombies, Daryl probably took out more than all of them combined with one well placed shot.

Cadet strike wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Out, out, brief candle!