Conquer Club

Euro2008

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Euro2008

Postby Snorri1234 on Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:32 am

Ruben Cassar wrote:
firth4eva wrote:You don't think holland are going to try to make this happen? They will meet people from their group in the semis providing both teams win in the quarters. This will eliminate 2 hard opponents for holland.

This thing is ridiculous. Why do they meet again in the semi-finals? The table should be set up in a way that they meet again in the final.

Yeah, I think the system should be changed to group a vs group c and group b vs group d. So that you won't meet the runner-up or winner from your group another time.
I mean, if holland wins the quarter final and the runner up wins it too they have to play again. That's just less interresting than playing against another team.
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby Mylittlepuddykat on Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:32 am

Pedronicus wrote:When do England play a match? I haven't seen them in any of the groups so far, but I'm convinced that is a typing error.
I saw in the newspapers yesterday Wayne Rooney and a bunch of blokes in Europe.
Come on England!!!

They didnt get to the finals... Russia did instead. :( :cry: :( :roll:
Corporal Mylittlepuddykat

Postby sam_levi_11 on Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:34 am

Ruben Cassar wrote:
sam_levi_11 wrote:the italian football bores me, i went on holiday to sardinia and saw a match cagliari played and it bored me, there was no atmosphere.

having lived in spain though, i know spanish football and its exciting lively stuff like the premiership, the difference being the prem is more about strength, however it is becoming more like la liga in that technical skills are becoming needed more and more.

group C

Holland 9
Romania 4
France 3
Italy 1

iv gone for romania to upset group c. where teams are level its cos i worked out the scores and added them up.

Image Italy with only 1 point? I honestly don't think you know much about football Sam...no offence intended.

Besides you cannot judge Italian football on only 1 game you saw. Cagliari are one of the weakest teams in Serie A.

do you want to apologise ruben? :lol:

i think france and italy will draw meaning they end on 2 and romania will win against holland.

come on romania, wanted them to do well. i support spain and romania now that poland are out practically and i have an excuse not for oktawia to beat me up.
Sergeant 1st Class sam_levi_11

Postby Ruben Cassar on Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:37 am

sam_levi_11 wrote:
Ruben Cassar wrote:
sam_levi_11 wrote:the italian football bores me, i went on holiday to sardinia and saw a match cagliari played and it bored me, there was no atmosphere.

having lived in spain though, i know spanish football and its exciting lively stuff like the premiership, the difference being the prem is more about strength, however it is becoming more like la liga in that technical skills are becoming needed more and more.

group C

Holland 9
Romania 4
France 3
Italy 1

iv gone for romania to upset group c. where teams are level its cos i worked out the scores and added them up.

Image Italy with only 1 point? I honestly don't think you know much about football Sam...no offence intended.

Besides you cannot judge Italian football on only 1 game you saw. Cagliari are one of the weakest teams in Serie A.

i think france and italy will draw meaning they end on 2 and romania will win against holland.

come on romania, wanted them to do well. i support spain and romania now that poland are out practically and i have an excuse not for oktawia to beat me up.

2 points are not 1 point and if we win we get 4 points. ;)

Btw it's easy when you support so many teams! :p
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby hulmey on Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:39 am

sam_levi_11 wrote:
Ruben Cassar wrote:

group C

Holland 9
Romania 4
France 3
Italy 1

cut ruben some slack, we all know he is hurting right now!!! world champs brought to their knees. worst football italians have played in over 25 years :lol: :lol:
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Ruben Cassar on Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:43 am

hulmey wrote:cut ruben some slack, we all know he is hurting right now!!! world champs brought to their knees. worst football italians have played in over 25 years :lol: :lol:

Hehe. It's true I'm hurting.

But the referees haven't helped us either. We could have won with Romania if the goal scored was allowed. It was a valid goal.

And with Holland although they played better than us the first goal was a clear offside.

I'm still hopeful though. ;)
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby sam_levi_11 on Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:48 am

Ruben Cassar wrote:
hulmey wrote:cut ruben some slack, we all know he is hurting right now!!! world champs brought to their knees. worst football italians have played in over 25 years :lol: :lol:

But the referees haven't helped us either. We could have won with Romania if the goal scored was allowed. It was a valid goal.

And with Holland although they played better than us the first goal was a clear offside.

yer this all true but i still want you to go out

and i only support spain cos im part spanish and romania cos they are underdogs...i never supported poland, just pretended i did for oktawia.

also 2 points may not be 1 point but its still enough to send you out
Sergeant 1st Class sam_levi_11

Postby hulmey on Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:51 am

Ruben Cassar wrote:

your right about hollands first goal, but what if this and what if that!! honestly the italians havent deserve to win a game. But i still feel for you, coz england have been hurting for 40 years lol...
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby hulmey on Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:53 am

sam_levi_11 wrote:
Ruben Cassar wrote:

yer this all true but i still want you to go out

and i only support spain cos im part spanish and romania cos they are underdogs...i never supported poland, just pretended i did for oktawia.

also 2 points may not be 1 point but its still enough to send you out

im supporting spain as well....come on Torresssssssssssssssssssssssss

but holland have been impressive, an amaziing team =D> =D>
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Ruben Cassar on Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:14 am

hulmey wrote:im supporting spain as well....come on Torresssssssssssssssssssssssss

but holland have been impressive, an amaziing team =D> =D>

Holland and Portugal have been the most impressive so far.

Of course that does not mean they'll win.
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Snorri1234 on Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:18 am

hulmey wrote:
Ruben Cassar wrote:

your right about hollands first goal, but what if this and what if that!!

Yup. No sense in crying about such things because usually the best team wins anyway. If you can't deal with a mistake by the referee and still win, you don't deserve to.

Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby Ruben Cassar on Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:34 am

Snorri1234 wrote:Yup. No sense in crying about such things because usually the best team wins anyway. If you can't deal with a mistake by the referee and still win, you don't deserve to.

With all due respect this comment makes no sense at all.

I have watched many games in my life where mistakes made by referees have affected the result of a game and the team that deserved to win did not win.
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Snorri1234 on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:08 am

Ruben Cassar wrote:
Snorri1234 wrote:Yup. No sense in crying about such things because usually the best team wins anyway. If you can't deal with a mistake by the referee and still win, you don't deserve to.

I have watched many games in my life where mistakes made by referees have affected the result of a game and the team that deserved to win did not win.

Honestly, a referee can make mistakes. But the point is that saying What if? is silly. What if the referee missed a offense which slowed an attack? What if the referee forgot a different offside?

It's rather silly to claim that a single mistake made the difference.

Private Snorri1234

Postby kletka on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:21 am

mandalorian2298 wrote:
kletka wrote:This penalty never should have been given in first place [-X

Defender's hand on attackers neck = Penalty. [-X But, it is true that both linesmen hated Luca Toni throughout the match. Draw is a fair outcome, except for poor saps like me who had bet that Romania will win. :x

Go and play netball then. Maybe, Poland's penalty was also penalty :mrgreen:
Learning the force to control the dice (highest ever score: 3128, highest ever rank: 40)
Major kletka

Postby Ruben Cassar on Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:04 pm

Snorri1234 wrote:
Ruben Cassar wrote:

Honestly, a referee can make mistakes. But the point is that saying What if? is silly. What if the referee missed a offense which slowed an attack? What if the referee forgot a different offside?

It's rather silly to claim that a single mistake made the difference.

You said that a team which has suffered a fault by a referee should win anyway or else the team won't deserve to win. A statement which doesn't make sense.

And yes a single mistake by a referee can make a HUGE difference. Even award a World Cup or a final to a specific team. If you don't believe that you don't watch much football. Referees can determine the outcome of a match or a tournament by a single mistake.
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Snorri1234 on Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:10 pm

Ruben Cassar wrote:
You said that a team which has suffered a fault by a referee should win anyway or else the team won't deserve to win. A statement which doesn't make sense.

And yes a single mistake by a referee can make a HUGE difference. Even award a World Cup or a final to a specific team. If you don't believe that you don't watch much football. Referees can determine the outcome of a match or a tournament by a single mistake.

Yeah but the problem there is that you can't accurately predict what would've happened if the mistake wasn't made. Disregarding last-minute-mistakes which are ofcourse an exception, you really can't predict what could've happened.
I mean, if a referee didn't give away a false penalty, the team might have scored in another way.

Private Snorri1234

Postby Serbia on Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:13 pm

Anyone catch Spain's extra time win over Sweden? The Swedes were just holding on... I was really hoping they'd hold out for the draw too. Not a big soccer fan, but I'm a fan of Sweden, thanks to all the Swedes playing for the Detroit Red Wings in hockey. :)

Russia vs Greece next.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby whitestazn88 on Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:27 pm

I'm going with Romania still

although spain is another team i'm rooting for
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Postby Serbia on Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:30 pm

My favorite is always England, then any UK team. Since they aren't in it, I'm going with Croatia. Staying loyal to the Slavs!
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby DAZMCFC on Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:36 pm

mine and snorri's Clogs team are doing brilliant. against the world champs 3-0 and the runners-up 4-1. Wesley Snjieders goal was absolutley amazing. Robben and Van Persie's goals were very good to. :D :D
high score:2765
high place:116
Major DAZMCFC

Postby got tonkaed on Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:51 pm

somebody should tell teams that are playing spain...that you might want to make sure david villa doesnt get a touch of the ball inside the 18 yard box.
Cadet got tonkaed

Postby The1exile on Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:54 pm

DAZMCFC wrote:against the world champs 3-0 and the runners-up 4-1.

Ever since france lost zidane's mega-headbutt skillz to the death star incident they've sucked.

Lieutenant The1exile

Postby Iliad on Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:09 pm

Serbia wrote:Anyone catch Spain's extra time win over Sweden? The Swedes were just holding on... I was really hoping they'd hold out for the draw too. Not a big soccer fan, but I'm a fan of Sweden, thanks to all the Swedes playing for the Detroit Red Wings in hockey. :)

Russia vs Greece next.

And we won!

Goodbye greece, swedes coming up.
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby kletka on Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:46 am

Iliad wrote:Russia vs Greece next.

And we won!

Goodbye greece, swedes coming up.

They will fly like a plywood over Poltava. Shajbu-Shajbu!!! :mrgreen:
Last edited by kletka on Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Learning the force to control the dice (highest ever score: 3128, highest ever rank: 40)
Major kletka

-deleted-

Postby hahaha3hahaha on Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:01 am

-deleted-
Last edited by hahaha3hahaha on Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Cook hahaha3hahaha

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,