Conquer Club

Poll on Racism

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Is it just as racist to SUPPORT someone based on race; as it is to OPPOSE someone based on race

Total votes : 0

Re: Phatscotty Poll on Racism

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:32 am

totally
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:07 am

Neoteny wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Neoteny wrote:
GabonX wrote:So I guess that means that it's ok for white people to only vote for white people.

Good to know!

Well, of course, but you're simplifying again (whether it is because you don't understand, I don't know, sorry the hypothetical bit about the identical politicians went over your head). If a white person is voting for white people because they think white people are better at politics, than it's racist. If they're voting for white people because they are better politicians who happen to be white, then it's not racist.

you know what, why don't you try figuring out how to win a game of risk and become an officer before you try fixing the worlds problems ok?

FAIL! Hardcore fail. Way to completely castrate any credibility you may have had remaining. A childish ad hominem about my risk skills (by the way, I've been an officer; it's overrated); I can't believe it.

GabonX wrote:
Neoteny wrote:
GabonX wrote:So I guess that means that it's ok for white people to only vote for white people.

Good to know!

Well, of course, but you're simplifying again (whether it is because you don't understand, I don't know, sorry the hypothetical bit about the identical politicians went over your head). If a white person is voting for white people because they think white people are better at politics, than it's racist. If they're voting for white people because they are better politicians who happen to be white, then it's not racist.

I guess it did go over my head as I can't think of a single instance where two people are exactly the same excluding their race, gender or baldness :roll:

I mentioned that it's not likely in the real world, but I was trying to demonstrate that picking someone based solely on color is not necessarily inherently racist. If I pick someone because they are blue (which would be awesome), I don't think it's racist. It's possibly a poor decision, but not racist.

no, its ok, after hearing you blather a thing or 2, to stand back and gaze upon thee for a second take.....IS this person REALLY saying this? Thats when I called your rank into play. However, If I must rephrase my statement. How about you try doing something easy (winning a GAME of risk) before you take on something extremely complicated. Is that a bad analogy?
Major Phatscotty

Postby pimpdave on Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:53 am

jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Postby Neoteny on Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:07 am

Phatscotty wrote:no, its ok, after hearing you blather a thing or 2, to stand back and gaze upon thee for a second take.....IS this person REALLY saying this? Thats when I called your rank into play. However, If I must rephrase my statement. How about you try doing something easy (winning a GAME of risk) before you take on something extremely complicated. Is that a bad analogy?

The more you insult my risk-playing ability, the clearer it becomes that I'm arguing with a child. I will not debase myself any further.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby BoganGod on Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:47 am

I believe in hating everyone equally. Seems like the only fair and honorable way to behave. So I hate you all, and especially you PhatScotty, my cat has never been the same since that incident with you, tinfoil and baby oil. :cry:
Corporal BoganGod

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:09 pm

BoganGod wrote:I believe in hating everyone equally. Seems like the only fair and honorable way to behave. So I hate you all, and especially you PhatScotty, my cat has never been the same since that incident with you, tinfoil and baby oil. :cry:

you are welcome. love defeats hate everytime. Ta!
Major Phatscotty

Postby JJM on Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:21 pm

I think that race should be taken completely out of consideration. It should not matter. We all descended from Noah. So we are all related.
Corporal JJM

Postby Frigidus on Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:24 pm

JJM wrote:We all descended from Noah.

No we didn't.

JJM wrote:So we are all related.

Yes we are. This would be one of many, many reason that I feel racism is quite strange.
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby JJM on Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:27 pm

Frigidus wrote:

No we didn't.

Yes we are. This would be one of many, many reason that I feel racism is quite strange.
Yes. After the Flood the whole world descended from Noah.
Corporal JJM

Postby Frigidus on Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:36 pm

JJM wrote:
Frigidus wrote:

No we didn't.

There was no flood. All "evidence" for it has been repeatedly demonstrated as false. If the world was covered in water there wouldn't be salt water and fresh water. There are two many species in the world to fit in a single boat and survive. There would be physical evidence of worldwide flooding that occurred in the last few thousand years that doesn't exist. Evolution is true.
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby Timminz on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:00 am

JJM wrote:
Frigidus wrote:

No we didn't.

Except for Santa Clause. He descended from the Tooth Fairy, and Pinochio.
Captain Timminz

Postby PLAYER57832 on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:04 am

Frigidus wrote:
JJM wrote:
Frigidus wrote:

No we didn't.

There was no flood. All "evidence" for it has been repeatedly demonstrated as false. If the world was covered in water there wouldn't be salt water and fresh water. There are two many species in the world to fit in a single boat and survive. There would be physical evidence of worldwide flooding that occurred in the last few thousand years that doesn't exist. Evolution is true.

As and Evolution-accepting Christian, I must point out that you are skipping a few details and adding a few things, but that debate is definitely for other threads.

However, I believe most of us agree that racism is just stupidity.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby PLAYER57832 on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:07 am

BoganGod wrote:I believe in hating everyone equally. Seems like the only fair and honorable way to behave.

Though I think Archie Bunker beat you to the punch... a few years ago.

(and for any of you too young to have seen it or from countries without it, All in the Family, with Archie Bunker played by Carroll O'Conner was probably among the funniest and most poignant of TV shows ever. Some things, especially the ala Vietnahm, are a bit dated, but most of it still rings true. )
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Phatscotty on Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:15 pm

Racism is almosT expunged. Let keep pushing community, we're almost there! WE CAN DO IT!

SI SE PUEDE!
Major Phatscotty

Postby Neoteny on Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:30 am

Š“Š° Š¼Ń‹ Š¼Š¾Š¶ŠµŠ¼!
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby pimpdave on Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:44 am

jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:40 pm

racist
Major Phatscotty

Postby pimpdave on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:19 pm

But I'm white. I'm allowed to make white people jokes.

Besides, this is a celebration of white people dancing. There is nothing racist about that.

Maybe you are the racist for thinking there's anything racist about that gif.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:02 pm

pimpdave wrote:But I'm white. I'm allowed to make white people jokes.

Besides, this is a celebration of white people dancing. There is nothing racist about that.

Maybe you are the racist for thinking there's anything racist about that gif.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

hmm, a clue for you? IT"S A RACISM THREAD! thats the last time im looking at what you say anywhere. you are certified clueless
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:41 pm

bet you there a bunch of no's all of a sudden
Major Phatscotty

Postby xelabale on Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:43 pm

Phatscotty wrote:bet you there a bunch of no's all of a sudden

Because you bumped a dead thread?
Captain xelabale

Postby THE ARMY on Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:59 pm

Ok now listen here...I hate when people try to 'correct' racism...

At Baruch college, the school I go to, our whole club system is based around groups, to give some insight there is the BAoA (Black Accountants of America), Italian-America Frat, Latin(o/a) frat/serority, Jewish club, Asian club, Polish club, Black frat...you get the picture...

let me also give you insight and let you know there are no frats for white americans and no clubs for the "white american", now what do you think would happen if I started a chapter of a 'white' frat or white american club?

My point is, I HATE PEOPLE WHO TRY TO FIX RACISM, by doing this they create more
Major THE ARMY

Postby xelabale on Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:05 pm

THE ARMY wrote:I HATE PEOPLE WHO TRY TO FIX RACISM, by doing this they create more

True, one should accept it, keep one's head down and hope it doesn't affect one too much. If it's broke, don't try to fix it, that's what I say.
Captain xelabale

Postby notyou2 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:12 pm

So, if i make posts that say I'm not a racist, does that make me a racist? Um, logically, I think it does. If I have to make posts that state I'm not a racist, I must be a racist as it appears I have to deflect criticism by appearing not to be a racist.
Captain notyou2

Postby PLAYER57832 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:52 pm

I can't be racist, my best friend is black!

.... except, what if my best friend really is black?

The truth is that having a true friend of any color does not automatically mean you lack prejudice, even against others of that same color (or religion or whatever). Insisting that an acquaintance is your "best friend" to impress.. is pretty slimy (whether its prejudice or not). But, it is also true that while we don't (shouldn't, at least) select our friends based on their color, we generally do know their race .. and their basic culture and many other things about our true friends. And, knowing those things can enrich us and educate us about humanity, in general. We also sometimes learn about specific cultures not our own, and sometimes more about our own culture, (often a bit of each) from our friends.
Corporal PLAYER57832

PreviousNext

Return to Out, out, brief candle!