Conquer Club

So ask yourself this (read carefully)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: So ask yourself this (read carefully)

Postby jay_a2j on Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:55 am

PLAYER57832 wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:
Titanic wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:Yeah, same sex marriage is sooooo an important issue of our time. :roll:

It is to those who liberties are being denied.

What about MY LIBERTY to NOT purchase health care? Love how you libs pick and choose which rights you want and which ones you want to restrict. :roll:

Your "right" to not pay for your insurance ends when I am forced to use MY money to pay for YOUR care. I am. And, doing away with that obligation is not an answer because having people not get care means more diseases spreading, etc.

I do not understand how you think PLAYER!!!!!! MEDICAID, WELFARE, FOODSTAMPS ETC., all the great crap you support IS PAID FOR BY TAXPAYERS!!!!!! So your for all that stuff but you have to support Obama and his cracking down on the free-loaders? You need some serious therapy.
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby AAFitz on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:02 am

jay_a2j wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:
Titanic wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:Yeah, same sex marriage is sooooo an important issue of our time. :roll:

What about MY LIBERTY to NOT purchase health care? Love how you libs pick and choose which rights you want and which ones you want to restrict. :roll:

Your "right" to not pay for your insurance ends when I am forced to use MY money to pay for YOUR care. I am. And, doing away with that obligation is not an answer because having people not get care means more diseases spreading, etc.

I do not understand how you think PLAYER!!!!!! MEDICAID, WELFARE, FOODSTAMPS ETC., all the great crap you support IS PAID FOR BY TAXPAYERS!!!!!! So your for all that stuff but you have to support Obama and his cracking down on the free-loaders? You need some serious therapy.

Going on a rampage bolding and enlarging "you need therapy", is just awesome.

You never disappoint.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby AAFitz on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:11 am

jay_a2j wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:
Titanic wrote:

Now to point out your failed attempt at understanding pure logic. Medicaid, welfare and foodstamps are not meant for freeloaders. They are meant for people, who literally cannot survive without them. Medicaid of course is for older people who have worked their entire lives typically. Perhaps they should just be allowed to die, but well, luckily many people still do hold the priciples that Christ taught very seriously, so we choose to take care of those who cannot take care of themselves.

Welfare is for children with parents that cannot otherwise feed them. Foodstamps is for food for people who cannot afford food. Again, perhaps you disagree with the idea, but I suspect that God you made up would like the idea, very, very much.

The freeloaders are not the people who need these programs to survive. They are a different breed altogether. They simply abuse the system and take the needed resources away from those who truly need them.

If you are however suggesting that we just eliminate all forms of aid to all people no matter what their condition, and just let them starve, or die from simple medical problems...well. thats fine.

But dont let the Big Guy here you, because, while I think its more likely you made him up, in the books I read, he rather frowned on such things....
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.

Postby AAFitz on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:20 am

jay_a2j wrote:
Titanic wrote:

That particular "perceived" liberty infringes on societies rights however, because it is society that pays the bill when you do get sick. It also is not a liberty, any more than you have a liberty not to pay taxes.

With a same-sex marriage, that infringes on no one, except....essentially for people who dont like them. It does impact insurance premiums to an extent, but hardly as much as someone without insurance getting free care costing hundreds of thousands of dollars, which happens all the time with uninsured people...typically that the state taxes pay for...which is why some states have decided that you must have insurance, or essentially pay a fine and contribute for not having said insurance.

No liberty is stripped whatsoever, and, you do not have to purchase health insurance. You may just have to pay a fine most likely if don't, or face whatever the law provides, as all people must follow the law. You of course do have the liberty not to follow the law, and move.
Too much. I know.

Postby Snorri1234 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:53 am

jay_a2j wrote:I do not understand how you think PLAYER!!!!!! MEDICAID, WELFARE, FOODSTAMPS ETC., all the great crap you support IS PAID FOR BY TAXPAYERS!!!!!! So your for all that stuff but you have to support Obama and his cracking down on the free-loaders? You need some serious therapy.

Uhm....that's not what she's talking about.

Bills that are unpaid because patients had no insurance are directly paid by those who have insurance. (And taxpayers because the government doesn't want all the hospitals to go broke.)

This is not about "entitlement programs", this is about common sense risksharing. It is a public goods dillemma. For you it might be the better choice not to have insurance, but if everyone does that then the system collapses.
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby ViperOverLord on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:59 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:Image

Interesting... A few people come to mind, don't they?

Way to mischaracterize conservative values. You are the one that should read your crap carefully.

1. We don't want ruthlessly stamp out the enemy
2. Iraq was a brutal place that threatened national security. We liberated 20 million people. I'm not sorry that you have a problem with that.
3. We don't base our beliefs on God being on 'our side.' God loves everyone equally. But you will find that there is a very sinister undercurrent of murder in the Middle East. That is why there are honor killings, assasinations and just your general politics of murder based on theocracy. You don't see politicians getting killed here because a Christian was offended.

GET AN F'ING CLUE BEFORE YOU POST YOUR OFFENSIVE DRIVEL
Captain ViperOverLord

Postby Skittles! on Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:09 am

Jay shows his ignorance once again. How lucky of us. GFY, kaythanks?
jay_a2j wrote:
Titanic wrote:

So cool, let's just restrict all liberties that other people want, and go for the ones that Jay wants, okay? Let's make Jay happy, he is still in his little sandbox with his own rules.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:24 am

PLAYER57832 wrote:
Neoteny wrote:
colton24 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:I called the number too, but when I told them I was Catholic the people started angrily shouting at me in Arabic and something about a jihad on my family or something. Either that or they wanted to give my entire family a massage, it was hard to tell since I heard some AK-47s go off in the background.

That wasn't Arabic. No international dialing code on that number.

-Incomprehensible language?
-Hatred of Catholics
-Gun shots?
-Weird, out of context use of the word jihad.

You called the deep south, my friend.

Excuse me. No-one is the South can believe in God even when the South is referred to as the Bible Belt? Gimmie a break

Well, there's the incomprehensible language. Next one is hatred of Catholics. Go for it.

NO ONE can understand south Louisiana.. big fail.

hur hur hur, I can unless they speak only Cajun French.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:19 am

ViperOverLord wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

Way to mischaracterize conservative values. You are the one that should read your crap carefully.

2. Iraq was a brutal place that threatened national security. We liberated 20 million people. I'm not sorry that you have a problem with that.
3. We don't base our beliefs on God being on 'our side.' God loves everyone equally. But you will find that there is a very sinister undercurrent of murder in the Middle East. That is why there are honor killings, assasinations and just your general politics of murder based on theocracy. You don't see politicians getting killed here because a Christian was offended.

YEAH, GIMME THAT VENOM! LET IT RIP!! AHHHHHHEGHGSHDGJSKGHSJGHSDKGSHGSKH!!!!!!!!!! (* simultaneously air humps and fist pumps vigorously*)

I didn't label these as conservative values--you did that! I'm just here for a good 'ol time. I'm just watching people's reactions, that's all. What you just did is shape reality as how you would like to view it.

We got jay SCREAMING IN BIG font. WOOOOOO! GET 'EM, JAY!! SHOW THAT FIRE!!! And the people dancing to the tune. It's great, get out there and party.

But I'll bite! Let's go OT, shall we?

2) I love love love that term a "threat to national security." Say that term in an authoritative and serious tone: A threat to national security. You know why I love that term? Because it can be applied to anything that the US government deems as a threat without requiring any real evidence. Why? Because national security is such a broad concept. Anything could be deemed as a threat to it!

I was about to launch into something on Iraq, but I want you to go first. You tell me why Iraq was a threat to our national security (USA's).

3) Sinister undercurrent?! You don't say? So THAT'S why the Middle East is like you say it is. There's a very sinister undercurrent of murder in the entire world, and *GASP* even in the United States in more or less a constant form of control. There are "assassinations and just your general politics of murder based on" not only extreme theocracies in the Middle East but also in the United States through its foreign policy.

I got a question for you: Does Allah love everyone equally?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby ViperOverLord on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:41 am

bla bla Bigballin. Your fake. You claim your posting for the fun of it then you have a lot of crap to say. I'm not going to bother responding to all of your points if you think you get it both ways.

And I don't care if you labeled it "conservative". I've been hearing the anti-conservative dross to know a front on "conservatism" as it is perceived. And yes it is generally a conservative concept to believe in God or invade Iraq or be anti gay marriage. It's not even a matter of whether you brought it up. It is what it is.
Captain ViperOverLord

Postby b.k. barunt on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:46 am

oddzy wrote:actually, louisiana is only 32.4% catholic. several states - conn., mass., and n.y. - have more, and there are several that are within a couple of percentage points, like il. and wisc.

http://www.glenmary.org/grc/pdf/catholi ... te1990.pdf

Ok miss smartypants, so i exagerrated a bit. I lived in Lafayette when i first came to Louisiana in 71 and it had to be 90% Catholic - half of the Baptists in Lafayette are closet Catholics. There's fooking nuns all over the place.

Honibaz
Cook b.k. barunt

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:47 am

ViperOverLord wrote:bla bla Bigballin. Your fake. You claim your posting for the fun of it then you have a lot of crap to say. I'm not going to bother responding to all of your points if you think you get it both ways.

And I don't care if you labeled it "conservative". I've been hearing the anti-conservative dross to know a front on "conservatism" as it is perceived. And yes it is generally a conservative concept to believe in God or invade Iraq or be anti gay marriage. It's not even a matter of whether you brought it up. It is what it is.

Oh, man, you figured me out!!

C'mon! TROLL HARDER!
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Woodruff on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:07 am

ViperOverLord wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:Image

Where did he say he was equating it with conservative values? You are the one that should read his crap carefully. I think you're feeling a bit overly-touchy about your positions - perhaps you see the truth in them now?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby bedub1 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:01 pm

2dimes wrote:tzor, looks fun but if they're like the ones I've seen they're semi auto which is one shot per time you pull the trigger. Still, bam bam bam bam bam. Made for some nice big holes in things.

Would you like more pictures of fully automatic shotguns?
Colonel bedub1

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:46 pm

What's funny here... to me,
Is that nothing from the first post had anything to do with why Bin Laden attacked the US on 9-11. He had three reasons which were broadcast on Al-Jazeera, and they weren't that. Bush, and the complacent media just lied about it all right to your face and 9 years later we're still lost on it.
Funny too I just Googled and I can't find the three. God damn media.
The first was our presence in Saudi Arabia? Am I remembering that correctly?
The second was our support of Israel, and the third was our blockade/embargo against Iraq that left 'innocent children dead.' So yeah, way to go Evangelicals for being fucking retards and making this a war for Jesus's sake. Yay militarism!

Maybe that is part of what Al-Qaeda is. But that's not why we are fighting them. The Irony is lost to me.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby oddzy on Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:34 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
oddzy wrote:actually, louisiana is only 32.4% catholic. several states - conn., mass., and n.y. - have more, and there are several that are within a couple of percentage points, like il. and wisc.

Actually, it depends on where you live. I cannot find post-Katrina stats, but the coastal areas from Mobile over through Lousiana tend to be heavily Roman Catholic (Jackson County Mississippi had 75% Roman Catholic population prior to Katrina, for example). That's why Mardis Gras is celebrated all along the coast.

i know that - i live there.

actually, the percentage of catholics in the nola area was much higher until the southern baptist convention explicitly targeted the area for evangelization and home missions in the early 20th century. it's my understanding from a bapotist semenarian that the nola area was the only area in american so deemed to be in need. currently, new orleans is only about 50% catholic.

but uber-point was that louisiana is not 90% catholic, as was claimed.... and the secondary point was that there are areas in the north that are much more catholic than louisiana.
New Recruit oddzy

Postby Titanic on Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:38 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:What's funny here... to me,
Is that nothing from the first post had anything to do with why Bin Laden attacked the US on 9-11. He had three reasons which were broadcast on Al-Jazeera, and they weren't that. Bush, and the complacent media just lied about it all right to your face and 9 years later we're still lost on it.
The second was our support of Israel, and the third was our blockade/embargo against Iraq that left 'innocent children dead.' So yeah, way to go Evangelicals for being fucking retards and making this a war for Jesus's sake. Yay militarism!

Maybe that is part of what Al-Qaeda is. But that's not why we are fighting them. The Irony is lost to me.

Yer, the first two are the most critical ones and the intelligence community knew this well before 9/11, shame that Bush/Cheney and co decided to lie and spread fear and hate because of it.
Major Titanic

Postby Woodruff on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:00 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:What's funny here... to me,
The second was our support of Israel, and the third was our blockade/embargo against Iraq that left 'innocent children dead.'

I don't recall that third, but I'm very sure the first two you stated are accurate.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby ViperOverLord on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:02 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:bla bla Bigballin. Your fake. You claim your posting for the fun of it then you have a lot of crap to say. I'm not going to bother responding to all of your points if you think you get it both ways.

C'mon! TROLL HARDER!

Responding directly to your posting is 'trolling?' Get a life.
Captain ViperOverLord

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:40 am

ViperOverLord wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

C'mon! TROLL HARDER!

Do they sell them at Wal-Mart?

Why do you consider Iraq to have been a threat to our national security (USA's) before Iraq II: The Sequel?

Does Allah love everyone equally?
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby oddzy on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:42 am

b.k. barunt wrote:

Ok miss smartypants, so i exagerrated a bit. I lived in Lafayette when i first came to Louisiana in 71 and it had to be 90% Catholic - half of the Baptists in Lafayette are closet Catholics. There's fooking nuns all over the place.

Honibaz

lol...just keepin' ya straight. actually, most of the baptists in south louisiana are either converted catholics or a generation or 2 from catholic... as a result of the sbc's intense focus on evangelizing down here.
New Recruit oddzy

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:35 pm

Oct 7th, 2007

Osma's 'three reasons for enmity against the United States.

#1 The U.S. Imposed sanctions against Iraq from 1991 to 9/11: "One million Iraqi Children have thus far died thought they did not do anything wrong."

#2 American Policies towards Israel and her occupied territories: "I swear to God that America will not live in peace before peace reigns in Palestine."

#3The Stationing of U.S. troops and the building of military bases in Saudi Arabia: "and before all the army of infidels depart from the land of Muhammad.

Of this list, as an American, #1 is the most troubling for my conscience. I can't help but empathize with Osama on some level. I feel awful even thinking that but I do.

ViperOverLord wrote:Way to mischaracterize conservative values. You are the one that should read your crap carefully.

I'm sorry, but you just pissed me off. Allow me to rebuttal.

Your #2 is a complete fabrication. We didn't liberate them... unless you want to say that we liberated them from the UN, which imposed US and UK sanctions on the people of Iraq in an attempt to kill enough people quietly that they did the work of overthrowing Saddam without us.
Allow this:
The U.S. imposed sanctions on Iraq between 1991 and 2003. George Bush Senior's NSA General Brent Scowcroft gets a lot of credit here for being one of the Morons whose actions directly/indirectly lead to 9-11(Madeline Albright gets some of this credit too). Here's how it went down, see he, and G.B. Senior wanted to make Iraq ungovernable... because they didn't want to invade during the Gulf War, right? So they came up with a plan to cause revolt in Iraq. They dropped 90,000 tons of bombs in Iraq in a month and a half. They targeted Power plants (they destroyed 18 of 20) and Iraq's water pumping and sanitation systems. While this alone is a direct violation of the parts of the Geneva Convention , that's not what should grab you.
What should grab you was the United State's goal during this bombing campaign. We knew, ahead of time, that by destroying these vital systems we would create increased outbreaks of disease and high child mortality rates. That's right motherfucker's, we bombed Iraq in a way that was targeting unborn children. The anti-abortionist's championed a president that authorized killing unborn Iraqi children.
Any way, if you're reading this, you prolly want statistics. Dr. Thomas Nagy did all this work for us. The Primary Document that you should see, is "Iraq Water Treatment Vulnerabilities," dated January 22, 1991. Allow me to quote a snippet
"[Iraq's river's] contain biological materials, pollutants, and are laden with bacteria. Unless the water is pruified with chlorine, epidemics of such diseases as cholera, hepatitis, and typhoid could occur."

One of the items our US/UK embargo blocked after destroying these sanitation plants, was chlorine.

in 1995 Colonel John A Warden II wrote
"As a result, [of the shut down of water treatment plants] epidemics of Gastreonteritis, cholera, and typhoid broke out, leading to perhaps as many as 100,000 civilian deaths and doubling the infant mortality rate."

May 1991 A team from the Harvard School of Public Health suggested:
at least 170,000 children under the age of five will die in the coming year a=from the delayed effects of the bombing.

I also mentioned that bombing these sites was a violation of the Geneva conventions right? If you don't believe me it's under Article 54 (2) of "the protocol Additional to the Geneva Conventions August 12, 1949, relating to the Protection of Victims of International Armed Conflicts (Protocol I), June 8, 1977"
What I find most interesting about this, is that although the US refused to sign this, we are still liable for War Crimes!

Our sanctions after-the-fact (1/3 of the reason Osama attacked us) deepened the effects of the bombing. They were, without doubt, the toughest sanctions ever imposed on a nation. U.N. Security Council Resolution 661 froze all foreign Iraqi assets and authorized everyone to cut off trade. We so strongly applied our embargo that Iraq had almost no money to buy basic medicine's for it's people.
Richard Garfield:
Iraq's legal trade was cut by an estimated 90% by sanctions

In 1995 the U.N.F.A. wrote
an estimated 567,000 Iraqi children are estimated to have died from the sanctions

This lead to a short lived outcry from several worldwide watch-groups. So, in '96 the UN adopted it's "Oil for Food" program. While it was a public relation's win, it did nothing to save Iraqi lives. All proceeds were banked by the UN, and they skimmed off 47% to pay for alleged war crimes against Kuwait and some for the Kurds in Iraq.
All this time, the US alone held onto the right to veto or delay anything that Iraq ordered. And we did, a sh!tload. from '01 - '02 holds on humanitarian aid tripled. We denied medicine, firefighting equipment, school supplies including computers and printers, milk production and pasteurization equipment, ect. Of course, we also continued blocking chlorine, and all parts for building/reparing water purification and sanitation machines/plants.
Anupama Rao Singh, the United Nation's Children's Fund Rep to Iraq:
Children under five were dying from malnutrition-related diseases in numbers ranging from a conservative 2,600 per month to a more realistic 5,357 per month.

Richard Garfield himself estimates that through 2000, US imposed sanctions killed approx. 350,000 children.

I can go on and on about the US being the Iraqi liberators. We were holding them hostage this whole time!!! We were killing their children!

And your #3 is just utterly ridiculous.
The United States has abducted and tortured more people than all the Iraqi and Afgahni insurgents by all accounts. We have purposefully killed more civilians than both combined. All of that which we have done through "collateral damage" is prohibited by the Geneva conventions "Common Article 3."
When I say that we have killed more civilians... the Boston Globe estimated the number between twice and ten times the numbers killed by insurgents bombs.
6/2/2005 Iraqi Interior Ministry announces that:
Insurgent violence has claimed some 12,000 civilian lives. The American military has killed between 21,000 and 50,000 civilians.
However that same year the Iraqiyun Humanitarian Organization released it's study that the US had killed 128,000 civilians.

In Afghanistan, according to Robert Fisk, B-52s alone accounted for 3,700 deaths by 2001.
After this, until 2007 most reports are for individual attacks.
12/29/2001 52 people slain by American forces (over half women and children)
1/23/2002 16 villagers and 14 woman and children killed in separate incidents
6/30/2002 An AC 130 gunship opens fire on a wedding killing 48 bodies. All but three are women and children. At first the US claimed the gunship had come under fire, but later admitted it's mistake after a special forces investigation proved that it had not. The US promised to build schools, roads, and a hospital in the area as a reprieve. But so far has not.

During the Shock and Awe attack of Iraq the Defense department drew up plans to kill Saddam and other high value targets. By US rules, Rumsfeld had to sign off ANY air strike
"thought likely to result in the deaths of more than thirty civilians."
He signed off on all 50 that came to him. None of the high value targets were killed.

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:41 am

Thanks for posting, that's a good read, Juan. And very in-depth on that time
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Juan_Bottom on Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:09 pm

Thanks bro. hugs.

I could go on, but Viper prolly isn't a bad guy. Plus it's a lot more work than I want to admit typing all that up. I didn't even bother to proof read.... I was just like "f*ck it, it's good."

Postby ViperOverLord on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:46 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

C'mon! TROLL HARDER!

Do they sell them at Wal-Mart?

Why do you consider Iraq to have been a threat to our national security (USA's) before Iraq II: The Sequel?

Does Allah love everyone equally?

Nice spin. Its obvious why Iraq threatened national security so I'm not going to answer the ignorant question. Also I care about whether Allah loves people equally as much as I care about whether Unicorns eat fruit. And your statement implies I was preaching when in fact I was not.
Captain ViperOverLord

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,