Conquer Club

Yes, America, there are big bad People who need gov. reg.

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Yes, America, there are big bad People who need gov. reg.

Postby Woodruff on Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:13 pm

jay_a2j wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:
People will be eating and drinking, marrying and being given in marriage and then the end will come when they did not expect it.

And yet...you keep expecting it. Why?

Because hopefully the "they" in that verse isn't referring to me. Scripture tell us to "keep watch". The "they" in that verse are assuredly unbelievers.

Based on the fact that as a believer, you don't eat, drink, marry or be given in marriage, I presume?

Boy, you really know how to miss a point don't you? The fact that they will be "eating, drinking etc." is to show that it will come suddenly, that a "warning" will not be forthcoming. There will not be a James Earl Jones voice coming from the clouds saying, "You have 24 hours left." People will be going about their daily tasks. And when they think safety has been achieved, BAMB! the end will come. ;)

I'm simply following your statements to their logical conclusion, Jay. You stated that the quotation wouldn't refer to you. I'm trying to correlate exactly which part of that quote doesn't apply to you. You seem to simply be trying to avoid the whole thing, knowing that you're not sounding very intelligent.

jay_a2j wrote:
Frigidus wrote:Jay is just another in a long succession of people from the founding of Christianity onwards who were convinced the end of the world would occur in their lifetime. 2000+ years in you would think that people would realize that this is incredibly unlikely and drop it, but a strange mix of the ignorance of the incredible number of people who were wrong before them and the self centeredness of thinking that the verses apply to them, in particular, obviously, ensure that they will never go away.

This post would be extremely funny, if it weren't so sad. :cry:

I'm curious, Jay...exactly what about that quote do you find "sad"? Be specific, please.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby 2dimes on Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:17 pm

More importantly. How did he get that upside down i in bambi?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby V.I. on Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:22 pm

No, dimes, he reversed the "B"s and married a hyphen with the "V". Though I believe marrying punctuation and consonants constitutes a breach of ecclesiastical law. Next he'll be saying that the only thing that might save us is a papal shift to Avignon or Akron, Ohio.
Lieutenant V.I.

Postby 2dimes on Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:40 pm

Married a hymen, nice.

Someone should build a vatican in the center of the contenent there in the dakotas.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby pearljamrox2 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:09 pm

so...what about marijuana ? should we legalize it ? i mean....do we really need the big bad government telling us what we can put in our bodies or grow on our land?

what about abortion? do we really need the big bad government telling us what to do with our bodies?

what about assisted suicide? if someone wants to die..because they are dying painfully...should the big bad government stop doctors from helping them?

what about gay marriage? should the big bad government decide who can be married.

why is it that hypocrite conservatives hate big government when it comes to things like....taxes and gun laws........but some of those same people have no problem telling others how they should live their lives. HYPOCRITES !!!!

why is it ok for one president to say god is with us...and then spend billions and trillions to go and flatten a few countries

while the next guy just wants to make it so people in his country can see a doctor..and he gets ripped apart for it?
Major pearljamrox2

Postby Woodruff on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:58 pm

pearljamrox2 wrote:so...what about marijuana ? should we legalize it?

Yes. Legalize it, tax it, and have harsh penalties for endangering others through it's use. Same with all other drugs, in fact.

pearljamrox2 wrote:what about abortion?

The option for it up to a certain pretty early point, yes.

pearljamrox2 wrote:what about assisted suicide?

Yes, though there should be some care here to ensure that it's handled ethically.

pearljamrox2 wrote:what about gay marriage?

Yes.

pearljamrox2 wrote:why is it that hypocrite conservatives hate big government when it comes to things like....taxes and gun laws........but some of those same people have no problem telling others how they should live their lives. HYPOCRITES !!!!

Yes.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Nobunaga on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:51 pm

pearljamrox2 wrote:...why is it that hypocrite conservatives hate big government when it comes to things like....taxes and gun laws........but some of those same people have no problem telling others how they should live their lives. HYPOCRITES !!!!

... I'm hardcore con, I suppose, and I don't give a rat's ass how you live your life.

... Just don't use my money (paid taxes) to do it.

Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Postby Frigidus on Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:39 pm

jay_a2j wrote:
The Enlightened One wrote:Jay is just another in a long succession of people from the founding of Christianity onwards who were convinced the end of the world would occur in their lifetime. 2000+ years in you would think that people would realize that this is incredibly unlikely and drop it, but a strange mix of the ignorance of the incredible number of people who were wrong before them and the self centeredness of thinking that the verses apply to them, in particular, obviously, ensure that they will never go away.

Your life is slipping away while you devote yourself to conspiracy and superstition. Enjoy what you have left.
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby jay_a2j on Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:39 am

Nobunaga wrote:
pearljamrox2 wrote:...why is it that hypocrite conservatives hate big government when it comes to things like....taxes and gun laws........but some of those same people have no problem telling others how they should live their lives. HYPOCRITES !!!!

... I'm hardcore con, I suppose, and I don't give a rat's ass how you live your life.

=D>

Woody's answers make me believe he is a card carrying liberal. Big surprise there. :-s
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby Woodruff on Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:38 am

jay_a2j wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:

=D>
Woody's answers make me believe he is a card carrying liberal. Big surprise there. :-s

Jay, the only reason I believe we need "government regulation" of those things is because of people like you who would force them not to be able to live their lives as they choose.

You "clap" at Army of Nobanuga's response, and yet you have clearly shown that you do NOT agree with it.
You are NOT in favor of homosexuals living their lives as they see fit (which would include the ability to be married).
You are NOT in favor of women being able to live their lives as they see fit (which would include the ability to have an abortion).
You are NOT in favor of people being able to live their lives as they see fit (which would include being able to use drugs and voluntarily end their lives).

YOU are the reason that legalization of these sorts of things are necessary because YOU want to force them to live the way YOU want them to.

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:01 am

jay_a2j wrote:
The Enlightened One wrote:Jay is just another in a long succession of people from the founding of Christianity onwards who were convinced the end of the world would occur in their lifetime. 2000+ years in you would think that people would realize that this is incredibly unlikely and drop it, but a strange mix of the ignorance of the incredible number of people who were wrong before them and the self centeredness of thinking that the verses apply to them, in particular, obviously, ensure that they will never go away.

Yeah, sometimes I shed a few tears for ignorant SOBs like you, jay.

But honestly, if you were engineered, you would be an impressive multi. You take these hard-line, traditional views to the extreme, so it's usually amusing to see you expound on them with all your typing strength.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby jay_a2j on Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:18 pm

Woodruff wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:

=D>

You "clap" at Army of Nobanuga's response, and yet you have clearly shown that you do NOT agree with it.

No, I clap at Nobunaga's response, get it right. Army is a different person (until he is busted as a multi anyway) ;)

You hardly made a point.
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby Timminz on Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:38 pm

jay_a2j wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:

=D>

No, I clap at Nobunaga's response, get it right. Army is a different person (until he is busted as a multi anyway) ;)

You hardly made a point.

Sure he did. It was the part you deleted before posting.
Captain Timminz

Postby Woodruff on Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:49 pm

jay_a2j wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:

=D>

You hardly made a point.

Your personal lack of integrity continues to shine a pervasive black mark across the face of Christianity. Well done!

Postby jay_a2j on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:23 pm

Woodruff wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:... I'm hardcore con, I suppose, and I don't give a rat's ass how you live your life.

=D>

You hardly made a point.

Your personal lack of integrity continues to shine a pervasive black mark across the face of Christianity. Well done!

You are a complete wanna-be Christian police. Shut up already. Nobody wants to hear you cry anymore eh?

There is no dishonesty.... ONLY what YOU perceive as dishonesty. SHALL I call you out on your LIES?????!!! You said I "clapped at Army of Nobanuga's response" WRONG!!!!! It was Nobunaga I responded too!!!!!! You are a HYPOCRITE ULTIMAXIMUM! Go find your hole and crawl back in it.
THE DEBATE IS OVER...

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby Woodruff on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:27 pm

jay_a2j wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:Woody's answers make me believe he is a card carrying liberal. Big surprise there. :-s

You hardly made a point.

You are a complete wanna-be Christian police. Shut up already. Nobody wants to hear you cry anymore eh?

There is no dishonesty.... ONLY what YOU perceive as dishonesty. SHALL I call you out on your LIES?????!!! You said I "clapped at Army of Nobanuga's response" WRONG!!!!! It was Nobunaga I responded too!!!!!! You are a HYPOCRITE ULTIMAXIMUM! Go find your hole and crawl back in it.

Yes, it was Nobanuga. I incorrectly believed it was Army of Nobanuga. You see...unlike you, I am fully capable of not only recognizing but admitting when I make a mistake. Yet, all of that is entirely irrelevant to your dishonesty.

Which you well know, of course. Satan is pleased with you...that's all the satisfaction I need.

Postby jay_a2j on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:45 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Yes, it was Nobanuga. I incorrectly believed it was Army of Nobanuga. You see...unlike you, I am fully capable of not only recognizing but admitting when I make a mistake.

And when I make a mistake, you will be the first person I notify. Now take off your "Iamrighteousaboveallothers" robe and join the rest of us humans.
THE DEBATE IS OVER...

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

The homosexual tension in here is off the charts!

Postby 2dimes on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:11 pm

Ladies, ladies, ladies... Satin is pleased with all us humans.

This one's ok but it lacks the simplistic melody of the other one.
Woodruff wrote:Your personal lack of integrity continues to shine a pervasive black mark across the face of Christianity. Well done!

Crazy cat lady Jay, I'm not even going to go back to quote your's they're kind of sad by comparison.

So you guys wanna lemon party or what? Maybe we can get in that somthin'Grovewhachamicallit out fit. Become powerfull men of wealth.
Corporal 2dimes

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,