Conquer Club

The Racist Tea Party Signs Thread

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Racist Tea Party Signs Thread

Postby Night Strike on Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:59 am

pimpdave wrote:Image

:?: :?:
Major Night Strike

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:11 am

Night Strike wrote:

The one woman is protesting Obama's Secretary of Defence, William Gates.

The capitals in "Better Beach Access" are an acronym for "BIG BLACK ASS" which is a racist reference to Michelle Obama.

The guy with the white hair is old and all old people are racist and hate Obama.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:26 pm

AAFitz wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

Not racist, please remove. Thanks.

Perhaps the most racist yet. please remove yourself if you cant see it. It of course isnt racist towards obama, or African Americans, but instead equates paying a few more percent in taxes, to burning human beings alive, and only jewish ones at that.

Granted, its easy to see why you want it removed. Id be pretty horrified to see my group displaying that one as well, not to mention being horrified at the idea there are people out there so ignorant as to think others will not see them for what they are.

The sign equates Hitler and President Obama. That is not racism. Is it stupid? Yes. Is it in poor taste? Yes. Do I want that sign in my political movement? No. Is it a racist sign? No.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby the.killing.44 on Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:29 pm

So equating the Tea Party to the KKK is ban-worthy, but Obama to Hitler is not racist.
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby pimpdave on Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:34 pm

the.killing.44 wrote:So equating the Tea Party to the KKK is ban-worthy, but Obama to Hitler is not racist.

Well, comparing Obama to Hitler isn't racist though...

Declaring Jews as belonging in ovens however, is. TGD is spinning.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:34 pm

the.killing.44 wrote:So equating the Tea Party to the KKK is ban-worthy, but Obama to Hitler is not racist.

The picture "equating the Tea Party to the KKK" was actually a picture of a lynching in progress. In my opinion, that's a level of poor taste that deserves to be removed. Apparently you and others think that the picture belongs back up on the fora. I'm not sure what, exactly, the discussion value of that picture may be. It wasn't a poster held by a Tea Party member at a rally. It was simply a picture. Do you find that adds value to any discussion whatsoever?

Postby pimpdave on Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:35 pm

ALL OF THESE POSTS BELONG IN THE RACIST ACCUSATIONS THREAD!!!!!!!!1
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Postby King Doctor on Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:35 pm

No it isn't.

Why not? Because Nightstrike the Sensitive doesn't go crying to the real mods when people make that comparison.
Private 1st Class King Doctor

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:38 pm

pimpdave wrote:

If the sign said anything of the sort it should be removed. However, the sign does show proof that the Tea Party movement has posters that are in poor taste (i.e. I could argue it adds to the discussion).

Postby jimboston on Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:46 pm

pimpdave wrote:THIS THREAD IS FOR THE POSTING OF RACIST TEA PARTY SIGNS ONLY

You must photoshop this message onto a sign held by a Tea Party protester... and then repost that image. Thanks.
Private 1st Class jimboston

Postby King Doctor on Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:46 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
pimpdave wrote:

If the sign said anything of the sort it should be removed. However, the sign does show proof that the Tea Party movement has posters that are in poor taste (i.e. I could argue it adds to the discussion).

Hypothetically speaking, if I made a 'Tea Party v KKK' thread would I get banned for it?

Please note that this is not a loaded question:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=99712&start=0&hilit=obama+Hitler
Private 1st Class King Doctor

Postby jimboston on Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:48 pm

This is no worse than posting images of George Bush as Alfred E. Newman (from Mad Magazine). Just because Erkel is black does not make this racist. If you are going to use pop cultural images to insult a politician you kinda have to use someone from the same race. No?

Not racist in any way.
Last edited by jimboston on Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:49 pm

King Doctor wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
pimpdave wrote:

Hypothetically speaking, if I made a 'Tea Party v KKK' thread would I get banned for it?

Please note that this is not a loaded question:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=99712&start=0&hilit=obama+Hitler

I wouldn't be the one to ban you, so I'm not the one to ask. Contrary to popular belief, I don't have banning privileges. Would I lock the thread? Depends on if a report was made on such a thread and what that report said.

Postby Woodruff on Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:52 pm

pimpdave wrote:In this thread we will post images and video of Racist Tea Party Signs or chants or rhetoric. There is to be no pedantry in this thread, no rebuttals, no "discussion".

You're an idiot.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby jimboston on Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:54 pm

Racist -> Yes
Written by an idiot who can't spell -> Yes
At a Tea Party Protest -> Possibly / Unconfirmed

Postby the.killing.44 on Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:46 pm

Woodruff wrote:
pimpdave wrote:In this thread we will post images and video of Racist Tea Party Signs or chants or rhetoric. There is to be no pedantry in this thread, no rebuttals, no "discussion".

You're an idiot.

<grins>
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby Night Strike on Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:54 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

The one woman is protesting Obama's Secretary of Defence, William Gates.

The capitals in "Better Beach Access" are an acronym for "BIG BLACK ASS" which is a racist reference to Michelle Obama.

The guy with the white hair is old and all old people are racist and hate Obama.

I assumed the Gates was in reference to him, but there's no racist there. The acronym is a reference I have never heard of, and I think it's a complete stretch to make that the meaning of the poster. Saxi, aren't you a self-proclaimed white, old person?
Major Night Strike

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:04 pm

Night Strike wrote: Saxi, aren't you a self-proclaimed white, old person?

I'm a 73 year old man living in a gated community in Santa Barbara but my mind is that of an 18 year-old hip-hop activist kickin' it in a phat loft in San Diego's gas lamp district. Playa in da house!!! wutwut
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:06 pm

Progressivism 101: the mere mention of any color in the spectrum implies racism, no matter what the context is.
Major Phatscotty

Postby bradleybadly on Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:09 pm

Lootifer wrote:I earn well above average income for my area, i'm educated and I support left wing politics.

jbrettlip wrote:You live in New Zealand. We will call you when we need to make another Hobbit movie.
Corporal bradleybadly

Postby AAFitz on Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:37 pm

Night Strike wrote:

I can only assume on this one the pimp is promoting for better beach access, to allow for more trolling, of which, he may very well be the biggest proponent.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby AAFitz on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:00 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
AAFitz wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

Not racist, please remove. Thanks.

Perhaps the most racist yet. please remove yourself if you cant see it. It of course isnt racist towards obama, or African Americans, but instead equates paying a few more percent in taxes, to burning human beings alive, and only jewish ones at that.

Granted, its easy to see why you want it removed. Id be pretty horrified to see my group displaying that one as well, not to mention being horrified at the idea there are people out there so ignorant as to think others will not see them for what they are.

The sign equates Hitler and President Obama. That is not racism. Is it stupid? Yes. Is it in poor taste? Yes. Do I want that sign in my political movement? No. Is it a racist sign? No.

Again, its not racist because of any issue to do with Obama whatsoever. Its racist, by equating burning jews alive, to raising taxes, and in reality, by only a few percentage points. By equating the suffering of an entire race, to a mere tax increase, so diminishes the event as to be racist defacto.

The guy doesn't mean it to be racist. Hes simply filled with too much hatred for obama to realize what the hell hes saying here. The sheer ignorance of it and offense that any jew would take to this is so much that it simply cannot be anything but racist.

It is amazing someone would walk around in public like that. That is my problem with this entire subject, which as you can see, Ive become rather upset about. I just cant believe that in an effort to push a political agenda, people will lower themselves to the depths of hell....and in this case, for what? 5% of their income at best maybe? And at least Obama, however naive or not, wants to actually spend it on Americans that need it. The surplus that got burned sure as hell didnt help out the majority of Americans in the previous administration, and clearly caused what could very well be the greatest depression ever.

I suppose it shouldn't be surprising. Racism is fear. There is more fear than we have been used to for a very long time. Its just sad, to know that we have men of all races, fighting and dying for our way of life now, and we back in the states are bickering about whether some group is racist, because some of its members clearly are.

If the tea party wants to succeed in their goal of insuring tax dollars are spent more fairly, and not too much, perhaps you should do more work to eliminate the bigots, who care nothing about Obamas plans, other than the fact that he is black, and that some of the policies may or may not help some African Americans.

In any case, I am becoming ashamed to be an American right now. I remember as a kid hearing and seeing all the history of the civil rights movement, and wondering how people could be so utterly bigoted and utterly hateful, and not just as individuals, but in groups. I see signs like this now, and I see people defending them, and the disappointment and embarrassment it brings is crushing.

The only ray of light is that there are many who fight against these things, and will never stop. I just wish it was more.

Either way, we dont have time for this racial crap, and its very possible we may all regret the time spend on it in the very near future. We all know better, and all we have to do is not tolerate it, so we can move on to the main issues, but instead, the easier, more corrupt path is taken.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.

Postby AAFitz on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:08 pm

bradleybadly wrote:Image

The obvious retort to this, is "youre losing the argument, so all you can do is use racial slurs". The reason shouting racist actually works, is because if someone is using a racial slur, it immediately brings into the question of why they are arguing what they are arguing.

In other words, are people actually unhappy with Obama's actions, or do they genuinely just not like having a black president, and thereby look to end his presidency, no matter what?

That is the problem with racism in this case, and why it is so detrimental to society. If a person is racist, and views his actions with bias simply because of his race, it completely weakens his ability to do anything, and quite frankly...we need him to be able to act. When groups of people throw race into the matter though, they necessarily cannot be trusted, so their voices are not heard. Its a simple tragedy what is going on right now. It really is.
Too much. I know.

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:25 pm

mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:28 pm

Far be it from me to criticize you, AA, for being concerned about the state of the country after seeing these sorts of messages. However, I think you're painting with a brush that's far too broad. Yes, there are whackos and militants and ultra-conservatives who may attend these Tea Party movement rallies who decide that the best way for them to get their message across is to provide racist (or religiously intolerant or insensitive) posters. Yes, there are people who are filled with hatred because they've lost their jobs or because they've lost their house, who decide that the best way to get their message across is to be as offensive as possible. And yes, there were people who were so angry about the war in Iraq that they decided to equate the president with Adolf Hitler and call for his murder.

And yet what I think you fail to realize is that these people are not representative of the majority of the people in the United States; yet you seem to think that they are. You (and others) are apparently so convinced that this is what the United States has become that you're ashamed or angry or hurt. I don't mean to sound condescending, so please don't take it that way. These are the reasons why I argue so vehemently that, while there may be racists in the Tea Party movement, the Tea Party movement is not about hatred or racism; there are clear ideas there. And unfortunately when the racism is brought to the forefront of the discussion, whether because of the NAACP's message, the return message of the Tea Party, or the 20 or so signs that pimpdave (and others) have posted, people concentrate not on the substantive issues but on the people who shock us the most. And I think that's unfortunate.

So, no, I'm not defending the sign. I am defending the movement and the good people, white, black, Christians, Jews, etc. that are part of the movement who are now being associated with and identified with racism simply because some person in the crowd is holding a sign equating Obama to Hitler or a monkey.

As an aside, the only thing that the last two administrations have done that could arguably have helped the average American is to lower taxes and the health insurance plan. Everything else was not about helping average Americans. So please at least learn about the Tea Party organization's message before you determine that the message is that we don't want to help out other Americans.

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,