Conquer Club

The Racist Tea Party Signs Thread

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Racist Tea Party Signs Thread

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:33 pm

pimpdave wrote:In this thread we will post images and video of Racist Tea Party Signs or chants or rhetoric. There is to be no pedantry in this thread, no rebuttals, no "discussion". There is only to be Racist Tea Party Signs.

*looks at AAFudge's and theamericanbird's posts*

SOCK THIS HUCKING JED!
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Incandenza on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:34 pm

AAFitz wrote:In any case, I am becoming ashamed to be an American right now. I remember as a kid hearing and seeing all the history of the civil rights movement, and wondering how people could be so utterly bigoted and utterly hateful, and not just as individuals, but in groups. I see signs like this now, and I see people defending them, and the disappointment and embarrassment it brings is crushing.

As usual, fitz has eloquently struck to the heart of the matter, and it reminds me of my favorite quote from the Manchurian Candidate:

"I think, if John Iselin were a paid Soviet agent, he could not do more to harm this country than he's doing now."
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby naxus on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:43 pm

Haggis_McMutton wrote:2. Anyone else find it kind of funny that naxus is NK'd right after insisting that we're all paranoid?
Corporal 1st Class naxus

Postby Woodruff on Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:11 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Night Strike wrote: Saxi, aren't you a self-proclaimed white, old person?

I'm a 73 year old man living in a gated community in Santa Barbara but my mind is that of an 18 year-old hip-hop activist kickin' it in a phat loft in San Diego's gas lamp district. Playa in da house!!! wutwut

You and Bobby Hill - two peas in a pod.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Night Strike on Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:35 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Progressivism 101: the mere mention of any color in the spectrum implies racism, no matter what the context is.

Kind of like Black Holes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uneOOclsaPs
Major Night Strike

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:23 am

Woodruff wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
Night Strike wrote: Saxi, aren't you a self-proclaimed white, old person?

I'm a 73 year old man living in a gated community in Santa Barbara but my mind is that of an 18 year-old hip-hop activist kickin' it in a phat loft in San Diego's gas lamp district. Playa in da house!!! wutwut

You and Bobby Hill - two peas in a pod.

WOOOOOODDRRRUUUFFFFFFFF!!! :x
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby ViperOverLord on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:44 am

God forbid that history repeats right pd?
Captain ViperOverLord

Postby ViperOverLord on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:47 am

Look at that. She clearly wants to go back to the days of slavery.
Captain ViperOverLord

Postby ViperOverLord on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:49 am

She's clearly a homophobe.
Captain ViperOverLord

Postby ViperOverLord on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:52 am

Look at that racist sign!
Captain ViperOverLord

Postby ViperOverLord on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:57 am

That has got to be some sort of ism?
Captain ViperOverLord

Postby ViperOverLord on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:59 am

OMG. Cancel the movement!
Captain ViperOverLord

Postby ViperOverLord on Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:06 am

Anyways, those tea partiers are a fringe group. The great American is a dying breed anyways. Don't worry Obama will help us be together! The important thing is that our leader controls us. As long as we have hope and change nothing bad can happen. There's no historical examples to the contrary.

Captain ViperOverLord

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 am

See, this is what I'm talking about. As much as the overlord of all vipers and I might agree on certain issues, I do not agree with his stance that President Obama and Adolf Hitler are related in any way, shape, or form. However, anything I type on these forums will be colored by the idea that I agree with Viper Overlord, and thus, I will be lumped together with him.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby ViperOverLord on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:14 am

thegreekdog wrote:See, this is what I'm talking about. As much as the overlord of all vipers and I might agree on certain issues, I do not agree with his stance that President Obama and Adolf Hitler are related in any way, shape, or form. However, anything I type on these forums will be colored by the idea that I agree with Viper Overlord, and thus, I will be lumped together with him.

You assuming that because Hitler had big govt. schemes and went on to try kill millions in the pursuit of racial cleansing and world domination that I am somehow making the same correlation in Obama's case. My implication rather is that when people take such unchecked power to themselves that terrible things will result. In this case there would be a snowball effect of consequences but not necesarily a huge formal war waged by Obama.

Also you should know that you are basically apologizing to the same crowd that had no problem comparing Bush to Hitler. You should not be so naive about that as to think that some sort of proclivity of sensitivity is required. Also you should not assume that I aspire to be lumped in with anything. I speak my mind period. Anybody wanting to use their tags to diminish and not challenge my intellect will only be exposed for their weak mindedness.
Captain ViperOverLord

Postby King Doctor on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:16 am

thegreekdog wrote:I do not agree with his stance that President Obama and Adolf Hitler are related in any way, shape, or form.

I heard that a couple of days ago some guy got warned for comparing the Tea Party to the KKK. Will Mr Erlord be getting warned for this, similarly offensive, comparison today?
Private 1st Class King Doctor

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:36 am

King Doctor wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:I do not agree with his stance that President Obama and Adolf Hitler are related in any way, shape, or form.

I heard that a couple of days ago some guy got warned for comparing the Tea Party to the KKK. Will Mr Erlord be getting warned for this, similarly offensive, comparison today?

That's actually not why the guy got warned, so no.

Postby King Doctor on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:39 am

thegreekdog wrote:
King Doctor wrote:

I see. Then I am in error. Please remind me why he was warned?

Postby pimpdave on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:42 am

Far be it for me to discourage ViperOverLord from pounding away at his keyboard with his clammy, pudgy, rage-clenched fists, but as I recall this is a thread for posting Racist Tea Party Signs.

This thread is not for discussion! This thread is not for defending the racism in the Tea Party, you may defend all of the racism in your Tea Party elsewhere!

I am only doing this for your own protection, ViperOverLord, because, you see, one common side effect of clammy fist pounding is that sometimes sweat will drip off the fists of the Tea Party Representative onto the keyboard, and it could do damage to the delicate computer! And then where would we be?
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:44 am

King Doctor wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
King Doctor wrote:

I see. Then I am in error. Please remind me why he was warned?

I posted it somewhere else. I'm really unsure why this remains an issue. A poster posted a picture of a lynching in progress. A report was generated (by me) because I deemed it (1) to be extremely offensive and (2) did not advance any discussion. Until and unless someone can tell me how a picture of a lynching in progress (not a tea party poster mind you) advances the discussion such that the advancement of the discussion outweighs the offensiveness of the picture, I find it completely appropriate to remove that picture and warn the user who posted the picture.

So, I'll ask again - how does a picture of a lynching in progress advance the discussion such that it outweighs the offensiveness of the picture?

Postby King Doctor on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:46 am

thegreekdog wrote:how does a picture of a lynching in progress advance the discussion such that it outweighs the offensiveness of the picture?

How does comparing a talented young man to Hitler advance the discussion about that talented young man such that it outweighs the offensiveness of the comparison?

Postby ViperOverLord on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:49 am

pimpdave wrote:Far be it for me to discourage ViperOverLord from pounding away at his keyboard with his clammy, pudgy, rage-clenched fists, but as I recall this is a thread for posting Racist Tea Party Signs.

This thread is not for discussion! This thread is not for defending the racism in the Tea Party, you may defend all of the racism in your Tea Party elsewhere!

I am only doing this for your own protection, ViperOverLord, because, you see, one common side effect of clammy fist pounding is that sometimes sweat will drip off the fists of the Tea Party Representative onto the keyboard, and it could do damage to the delicate computer! And then where would we be?

Alright I'm going to concede your point and your call to strictly ahere to the subject matter and I will expect the same from you. If that's how you want to play it then that's how we'll play it.
Captain ViperOverLord

Postby King Doctor on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:51 am

ViperOverLord wrote:Alright I'm going to concede your point and your call to strictly ahere to the subject matter and I will expect the same from you. If that's how you want to play it then that's how we'll play it.

Ha ha!

Viperoverlord capitulates, concedes and admits defeat!

Clear victory for Pimpdave.

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:52 am

King Doctor wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:how does a picture of a lynching in progress advance the discussion such that it outweighs the offensiveness of the picture?

How does comparing a talented young man to Hitler advance the discussion about that talented young man such that it outweighs the offensiveness of the comparison?

Awesome question (surprised it took this long). Perhaps you should report that picture and see what happens (I can't remove it, but I'm sure one of the higher ups will remove it).

Postby pimpdave on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:58 am

ViperOverLord, I appreciate your attempt to put Humpty-Dumpty back together again, but sadly, there is no going back. Your inciting of opposition to this thread has already ruined it. I was just lamenting it's sad death, having been drowned in page after page of your high-pitched racism defending squeals. I have no choice now but to reciprocate your kindness in every thread you create, given the kindness you've shown this one!
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,