Drill Team Performance

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Drill Team Performance

Postby Woodruff on Thu May 05, 2011 11:01 am

Alright, so I had to come back and make one bragging post. I've been hoping to get a chance to brag to you guys for quite some time about my Color Guard and Drill Teams, so here it is.

As part of our school's Distinguished Alumni ceremony, a few of my AFJROTC cadets performed a Color Guard and a Drill Performance. This is part of what we do in competitions against other schools, so it's not really what we teach in class itself. But it shows you some of the fun things we do outside of class. We've been doing Color Guards all year, so that team is good at what they do. But I'm particularly proud of the two young men in the Drill Performance (both are sophomores), as they had really only been practicing this routine for about two weeks at that point (as you can see right at the beginning when one of them turns the wrong way). This was also the first time any of our drill team members had performed in front of the school's student body (and they got a standing ovation, which was nice):

Color Guard:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yOE5Wquryw

Drill Performance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX04U-dvuWk
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Drill Team Performance

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Thu May 05, 2011 11:55 am

that was awesome! The gun swingiing was unreal! only 2 weeks? wow! My favorite part was when they threw the guns in the air and at each other and caught them. It must have taken a lot of practice in order to get that good without making any mistakes in that drill. Yeah, that one guy was still a little slow on some parts, but he still was able to spin the gun with ease and catch it without a problem. That was pretty cool, thanks for posting that. 8-)
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby 2dimes on Thu May 05, 2011 1:38 pm

Nice to see you. Take care. Seriously.
Corporal 2dimes

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby army of nobunaga on Thu May 05, 2011 4:38 pm

Ive had to sit through a few of these before. This was pretty good man. They had to have busted their asses if this was just a two week routine.

cheers
Maps Maps Maps!

Take part in this survey and possibly win an upgrade -->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (5) General Contribution (1)

Postby Symmetry on Thu May 05, 2011 5:33 pm

Nice work Woody. I'm no big fan of big patriotic displays, but I'm a huge fan of seeing students displaying pride in themselves and what they've learned. They were really impressive.
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Postby pimpdave on Thu May 05, 2011 6:31 pm

Looks like they have a bright future twirling batons on the cheer leading team.

I'm sure you took time to instruct them all to be tattle tales and to call everyone idiots all the time, Woodruff. Since being an example is the best way to teach.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu May 05, 2011 7:09 pm

meow!
And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
Sergeant jonesthecurl

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby beezer on Thu May 05, 2011 7:11 pm

pimpdave wrote:Looks like they have a bright future twirling batons on the cheer leading team.

I'm sure you took time to instruct them all to be tattle tales and to call everyone idiots all the time, Woodruff. Since being an example is the best way to teach.

Have I missed something? I've never really liked Woodruff personally because of the nah-nee-nah-nee-boo-boo reading comprehension comments, but when was he ever a tattle tale? I'm guessing this would be in another forum. Link?
Corporal 1st Class beezer

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1)

Postby pimpdave on Thu May 05, 2011 7:41 pm

Woodruff is constantly trying to get people banned. Most hilariously, with posts and threads that have nothing to do with him. Then he calls them idiots. Often, he'll send people angry PMs, telling them about how they're worthless human beings, etc. If you reply telling him to shut up and go to hell, he'll take you to court. Seriously! He'll threaten real legal action against you just for telling him to leave you alone!

Anyway, I'm sure he imparts all of this to his students. He must be very proud of himself to brag about it.

That's all.

Maybe if he takes some time off he'll stop working so hard to get people banned, but in the meantime, he deserves just as much derision as he dishes out.

meow, indeed.
Last edited by pimpdave on Thu May 05, 2011 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu May 05, 2011 7:56 pm

Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby army of nobunaga on Thu May 05, 2011 7:58 pm

pimpdave wrote:Apparently the person who presses the report button most often is Woodruff. Even more hilariously, he reports posts that have nothing to do with him, all the time. He's constantly trying to get people banned. Then he calls them idiots. Often, he'll send people angry PMs, telling them about how they're worthless human beings, etc. If you reply telling him to shut up and go to hell, he'll take you to court. Seriously! He'll threaten real legal action against you just for telling him to leave you alone!

Anyway, I'm sure he imparts all of this to his students. He must be very proud of himself to brag like this.

That's all.

wow, someone is a fucking crybaby... I cant believe I had you foed.

lol

woodruff is doing something positive in real life. 70% of the people I meet everyday , do not.

hats off to him. Kids are the future, and we as a global community really do not instill values like what it took for these kids to achieve what they did in such short time.

Is there a future in twirling batons?

No asshole, there is a future in diligence, hard work, discipline, and pride in each action. Which is what these kids had.

In the future when someone posts about something positive, do yourself a favor , dont look like a goober.
Maps Maps Maps!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby pimpdave on Thu May 05, 2011 8:04 pm

Oh okay well I guess you showed me.

Please post a video of your sweet karate chop moves to further show how right you are. Or at least describe some time you used your karate moves to beat some up. That'll intimidate me into respecting you for sure.

Postby army of nobunaga on Thu May 05, 2011 9:12 pm

your respect means so little I cant even type it man.

Im not a great communicator. That is well documented. But to be a dick when someone is proud of his students and posts it.... well... I got nothing... gl and welcome back to foe.
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby DangerBoy on Thu May 05, 2011 10:09 pm

Trent & Wendy Woodruff,

Nicely done
PLAYER57832 wrote:I hope we all become liberal drones.
Sergeant 1st Class DangerBoy

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby pimpdave on Thu May 05, 2011 11:39 pm

Oh no, back on army of nobunaga's foe list!

Next

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?