Conquer Club

Worst Movies

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby The1exile on Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:50 am

unriggable wrote:Oh, heard epic movie sucked.

It was ok - not amazing, but worth seeing.
Lieutenant The1exile

Postby Aries on Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:22 am

I'd have to say snakes on a plane. So fake.........
Lieutenant Aries

Postby Sackett58 on Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:36 am

Pearl Harbor
Major Sackett58

Postby Aegnor on Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:40 am

Aries wrote:I'd have to say snakes on a plane. So fake.........

OMG you gotta be kidding right?!
Only hearing sammy screams "I've had it with those motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane!" is worth the torment of seeing the rest of the "movie" (you can't really call it a movie hehe, it's a load of crap :) )
"War doesn't determine who's right, just who's left" -Anonymous
Corporal Aegnor

Postby Cheesemore on Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:53 pm

I thought the Blair Witch Project was horrible, it's like if you took a camera out into the woods and started filming, it just sucked
Leader of the Gridiron Gang
Proud Member of Conquer Club
cena-rules wrote:Cheese is the most valuble thing in the world
Private Cheesemore

soap

Postby Stardude513 on Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:32 am

You have to be kidding. That is one of my favorite movies ever. The internet hyped it up for me and when he said his famous line everyone loved it.
Private 1st Class Stardude513

Postby Nobunaga on Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:46 am

... 300. Xerxes had Ninja? please.
Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Postby alex_white101 on Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:59 am

Mongoose wrote:Serenity.

how dare u! serenity is awesome!

the worst movie of all time HAS to be A.I. it was so boring and pointless it was one you had to watch till the very end just to make sure it was a real film and not a wind up one of your mates had made!
''Many a true word is spoken in jest''
Corporal 1st Class alex_white101

Postby DIRESTRAITS on Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:10 am

Nobunaga wrote:... 300. Xerxes had Ninja? please.

300 was a great movie.

Worst Movie of all time, you can't say one movie. It's all those chick flicks my girlfriend makes me watch. You wait an hour for something to happen, and when it does you wish it hadn't
Private 1st Class DIRESTRAITS

Re: soap

Postby Hitman079 on Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:42 am

the movie may've not been so great (even with its ingenious title), but the internet hype really..umm..hyped me up!
i hope they make another movie that names its plot
Cook Hitman079

Postby Nobunaga on Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:02 am

DIRESTRAITS wrote:300 was a great movie.

Worst Movie of all time, you can't say one movie. It's all those chick flicks my girlfriend makes me watch. You wait an hour for something to happen, and when it does you wish it hadn't

... 300... I mean, it was like "Pearl Harbor", but done in togas.

... The ninja "Immortals". The true Immortals who fought for Xerxes were tough bastards, but not deformed ninja.

... And what was up with Xerxes being about seven feet tall?

... And all those sickly, deformed people running about like a side show?

... And the Matrix-like slow-mo fight scenes ... (already done to death)

... And the dialogue: "You're still here"? > "Well", (smile) "Somebody's gotta watch your back!" .... gag :oops:

... And the hunchback who betrayed the 300. Historically he was no hunchback. Just a regular farmer.

... The whole "raped queen gets her bloody revenge" sub-theme . . .

... And the crowning piece of crap - the king bows to Xerxes after tossing down his helmet and shield... only as a trick ere he hurls a spear that nearly kills the giant. ... This is just fictitious swill meant to please dimwits who won't say "That was a GREAT movie!" unless the evil Xerxes gets bloodied by our hero. ... Never happened.

... Now, if the film had been meant to be pure fiction, sure, watchable, but this was a supposed depiction of one of the most valiant stands ever made anywhere, by anybody. And what we all got out of it - Had they not held their ground for as long as they did, Sparta and more importantly Athens would have fallen. Athens - birthplace of democracy, from which OUR world originated... gone.

... Those heroes who gave us so much, reduced to bad macho cliche dialogue, and special effects.... it's just sad.

... But I have to agree with you about the chick flicks.

Postby vtmarik on Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:33 pm

Nobunaga wrote:... Now, if the film had been meant to be pure fiction, sure, watchable, but this was a supposed depiction of one of the most valiant stands ever made anywhere, by anybody. And what we all got out of it - Had they not held their ground for as long as they did, Sparta and more importantly Athens would have fallen. Athens - birthplace of democracy, from which OUR world originated... gone.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

IT WAS MEANT TO BE FICTION!

It was based on a graphic novel by Frank Miller and Lynn Varley, what part of that whole thing did you miss?
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby wrightfan123 on Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:08 pm

Scooby Doo

Please make it stop~ [-o<
Corporal wrightfan123

Location: Looking over every baseball team's schedule to try to determine who will win the World Series.

Postby wrightfan123 on Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:15 pm

Nobunaga wrote:
DIRESTRAITS wrote:300 was a great movie.

... 300... I mean, it was like "Pearl Harbor", but done in togas.

... The ninja "Immortals". The true Immortals who fought for Xerxes were tough bastards, but not deformed ninja.

... And what was up with Xerxes being about seven feet tall?

... And all those sickly, deformed people running about like a side show?

... And the Matrix-like slow-mo fight scenes ... (already done to death)

... And the dialogue: "You're still here"? > "Well", (smile) "Somebody's gotta watch your back!" .... gag :oops:

... And the hunchback who betrayed the 300. Historically he was no hunchback. Just a regular farmer.

... The whole "raped queen gets her bloody revenge" sub-theme . . .

... And the crowning piece of crap - the king bows to Xerxes after tossing down his helmet and shield... only as a trick ere he hurls a spear that nearly kills the giant. ... This is just fictitious swill meant to please dimwits who won't say "That was a GREAT movie!" unless the evil Xerxes gets bloodied by our hero. ... Never happened.

... Now, if the film had been meant to be pure fiction, sure, watchable, but this was a supposed depiction of one of the most valiant stands ever made anywhere, by anybody. And what we all got out of it - Had they not held their ground for as long as they did, Sparta and more importantly Athens would have fallen. Athens - birthplace of democracy, from which OUR world originated... gone.

... Those heroes who gave us so much, reduced to bad macho cliche dialogue, and special effects.... it's just sad.

... But I have to agree with you about the chick flicks.

If you had rambled on for much longer, it'd probably would've broken a record...

But I agree, it wasn't a very good movie. My ENGLISH teacher told us about this (he gets really sidetracked) and he told us about all this cool stuff that was barely mentioned in the movie!
Corporal wrightfan123

Location: Looking over every baseball team's schedule to try to determine who will win the World Series.

Postby Ehriggn on Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:23 pm

worst movie ever is "death factory" they did every scene in one take and finished it after spending ten minutes editing it. but it was meant to be cheesy and bad so they didn't care. I watch a LOT of horror movies. plus I tend to turn my nose up at any movie that has a budget big enough to cure hunger in 3rd world countries, so most movies are bad.
a bad one you may have seen is the "house of 9", i think thats what its called, kinof new has Anthony hopkins in it. based on reality TV. Reality TV gives reality a bad name, and this movie shows how. anyways, it was boring and sucked balls.
watch Departed!!!
its so good, you'll be willing to watch it again right away.
Lieutenant Ehriggn

Postby Marvaddin on Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:30 pm

I simply hate Philadelfia, it deserves a mention... but these movies you are talking about are not really bad... Try to watch "Skeleton Man". Its sooooo bad that me and my mates loled a lot! :lol:
Major Marvaddin

Postby Nobunaga on Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:16 pm

<concerning 300>

vtmarik wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again:

IT WAS MEANT TO BE FICTION!

It was based on a graphic novel by Frank Miller and Lynn Varley, what part of that whole thing did you miss?

....Said it before to whom, sir? I don't see it in this thread anywhere. But I get your point all the same.

... I'm just saying, (here he goes again...) 8) those men who stood their ground at Thermopolae (sp?) gave the western world so much, and it is true historical fact. BUT take somebody who's never heard the true story to go see this film... and that incredibly heroic sacrifice will be reduced in their simple minds to something equivalent to Gandalf's stand against the Balrog in Lord of the Rings.

... Let's make another "Historical Film", and let's call it "D-DAY - The Bunnie's Revenge", wherein US servicemen are depicted as valiant Bunny-Men, storming Omaha Beach and getting slaughtered.... gunned down by the evil Nazi Goblins, led by the two-headed hermaphrodite Adolph Hitler.... so that all may remember for time immemorial, the heroic sacrifice of those noble, fury men.

... Yeah, that would be cool. ... :roll:

Postby scarmagnet on Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:44 pm

Worst movie ever is ... Napoleon Dynamite
Captain scarmagnet

Postby Sammy gags on Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:51 pm

The comercials made it seem really funny (just like Borat), but the movie was a disapointment...& there were some really ugly people in 300
Lieutenant Sammy gags

Postby Nobunaga on Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:00 pm

.... concerning my above post... read it a few minutes after it posted...

.... yeah, I'm just being argumentative. Bored on a Sunday afternoon is all.

... cheers.

.... Oh yeah, The DaVinci Code was a letdown. People say you have to read the book to get the film... but reading the book first just makes the film all the worse.

Postby wiggybowler on Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:03 pm

Dogville
Major wiggybowler

Postby funkeymunkey on Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:23 pm

Milo & Otis. NO SERIOUSLY, DO NOT WATCH IT. It is so freaking dumb.
Cook funkeymunkey

Postby Genghis Khant on Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:45 am

Nobunaga wrote:.... Oh yeah, The DaVinci Code was a letdown. People say you have to read the book to get the film... but reading the book first just makes the film all the worse.

Anyone dense enough not to understand that (shit and predictable) film should not be allowed to breed.
Corporal 1st Class Genghis Khant

Postby Nobunaga on Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:04 am

Genghis Khant wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:.... Oh yeah, The DaVinci Code was a letdown. People say you have to read the book to get the film... but reading the book first just makes the film all the worse.

Anyone dense enough not to understand that (shit and predictable) film should not be allowed to breed.

... You've made my point.

Postby unriggable on Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:13 am

I heard Clerks 2 sucked.
Cook unriggable

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,