Conquer Club

Imperialistic Argentina once more extends its soiled talons

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Imperialistic Argentina once more extends its soiled tal

Postby Symmetry on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:14 pm

Argentina is a good looking nation.

Now I hope we're kind of an even keel, and that GP ans Saxi won't be arguing for ethnic cleansing of the Falklands any more.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:17 pm

Symmetry wrote:Argentina is a good looking nation.

Now I hope we're kind of an even keel, and that GP ans Saxi won't be arguing for ethnic cleansing of the Falklands any more.

If the "Falklanders" want to stay as Argentine permanent residents or citizens, I haven't heard a single statement from the Argentine government that would indicate they're not welcome.

Within a generation they'll probably die out naturally as they will have severely limited breeding opportunities once a superior physical stock of Argentine men are introduced, however, that's neither here nor there.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Symmetry on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:19 pm

GreecePwns wrote:Here's a practical solution to the Cyprus issue: the Turks that ate currently squaring in the property owned by my friends dad, effectively preventing him from having any access to it? kick them out, and do the same to the rest of the illegally squatted property in northern Cyprus. Because that's what's happening and you couldn't care to consider that on your view.

So, although I've told you that I'm more sympathetic to the Greek view, and want to see the Turkish side compromise, being mostly on your side is never enough.

At some point you need to realise that you're part of the problem.

You can't get what you want, and demanding that other islands suffer similarly is a little perverse,
Last edited by Symmetry on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby GreecePwns on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:22 pm

I don't sympathize with thieves that are neither acting out of poverty or insanity.not should anyone.

Seriously, an illegal action is anillegal action. Why should one compromise so as to minimize punishment when the real solution is to completely undo the illegal action?
Last edited by GreecePwns on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:27 pm

GreecePwns wrote:I don't sympathize with thieves that are neither acting out of poverty or insanity.not should anyone.

+1
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Chariot of Fire on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:34 pm

I always used to side with the Greeks - I suppose from a sense of alliance and unity - yet having delved deeper into Greece's relationship with the western powers (in particular the Allies during both world wars) and their stance on Cyprus dating back some 50+ years, I now sympathise with the Turks who have made Cyprus their home yet are constantly vilified (GP being one such example). It's their home, their birthright. Does that mean nothing to some people?

Live and let live guys, it's not worth fighting for (unless someone is trying to deprive another's birthright).
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Symmetry on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:35 pm

GreecePwns wrote:I don't sympathize with thieves that are neither acting out of poverty or insanity.not should anyone.

Seriously, an illegal action is anillegal action. Why should one compromise so as to minimize punishment when the real solution is to completely undo the illegal action?

What would the real solution involve in the case of the Falkland Islanders? Hopefully not cleansing the Falklands of non-Argentinians, or forcing the inhabitants to accept a new colonial master?

That really covers the options right?

1) Make all Falklanders refugees.
2) Conquer them and make them Argentinian.

Did you have another option?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby GreecePwns on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:39 pm

Home? Birthright? If I walked in your house and said "yup, i own this place now. You cannot enter" would your attempt to compromise with me? That literally happened to two people I know, and that is literally the entire existence of the TRNC. The country is entirely illegally squatted property.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:46 pm

GreecePwns wrote:The country is entirely illegally squatted property.

How long before it stops being "illegally squatted property"?

100 years? 1000 ? Never ?
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby Symmetry on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:48 pm

GreecePwns wrote:Home? Birthright? If I walked in your house and said "yup, i own this place now. You cannot enter" would your attempt to compromise with me? That literally happened to two people I know, and that is literally the entire existence of the TRNC. The country is entirely illegally squatted property.

And I sympathise (I'm not sure why you're so pissed off with me on the Falklands when I largely agree with you on Cyprus), but hopefully you'll be able to understand the symmetrical analogy. You have a house you've owned for 200 years, nobody else ever lived there, this isn't squatting- no town, no house, no infrastructure back in the day. Your were born there, your parents were born there.

A foreign country says that they have an ancient legal right that supersedes anything your family built. You have no say.

I'm sorry if I have sympathy for the Falkland Islanders. I don't want to see them ethnically cleansed.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:50 pm

Symmetry wrote:I'm sorry if I have sympathy for the Falkland Islanders. I don't want to see them ethnically cleansed.

I didn't want to eat broccoli but my parents used to make me. We don't always get what we want.

Major-General Julian Thompson, who commanded the brigade of Royal Marines and paratroops that helped to retake the islands, said it was likely Argentina would attack the islands as budget cuts had deprived the Royal Navy of an aircraft carrier to defend Britain's South Atlantic territories.

ā€œThe Argentines have a marine brigade. Theyā€™ve got a parachute brigade and some good special forces,ā€ General Thompson told The Times of London. ā€œAll theyā€™ve got to do is get those guys on to the islands for long enough to destroy the [RAF] Typhoon jets and thatā€™s the end of it.ā€

Read more: http://articles.businessinsider.com/201 ... z1zrkj8L00
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Chariot of Fire on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:53 pm

Plenty of things happening 'literally' there. Did they write about it?

If you walked into my house and claimed to own it I would laugh in your face. If however I was evicted and your children were born and raised there I would have no argument with them. They are a consequence of their forebears, much as Italy cannot lay claim to most of Europe and say "Hey, this was Roman you know". It's history, move on.
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Symmetry on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:57 pm

Chariot of Fire wrote:Plenty of things happening 'literally' there. Did they write about it?

If you walked into my house and claimed to own it I would laugh in your face. If however I was evicted and your children were born and raised there I would have no argument with them. They are a consequence of their forebears, much as Italy cannot lay claim to most of Europe and say "Hey, this was Roman you know". It's history, move on.

And indeed, that seems to be what GP and Saxi want- for the Falklanders to simply give up their homes. As if there were Argentine people who lived in them first.

Saxi is just trolling ("eat a dick", as he signs off currently), it's GP that I don't get.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:01 pm

We should probably create a worm-hole between the Falklands and Cyprus.

--Ady
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Symmetry on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:06 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:We should probably create a worm-hole between the Falklands and Cyprus.

--Ady

Not a good idea, we'd have more debate from posters who want ethnic purity on the islands,
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby GreecePwns on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:12 pm

Did I say they should give up their homes?I said that their referendum holds no value at all due to their being imported people.

The solution I propose is to allow all who wish to do so and own property become citizens of a sovereign Falklands, not of Britain, for a period of five to ten years. Then we can talk referenda. if we are to accept the importing of people, we should allow both sides to do so and see who wins at the polls.

Corporal GreecePwns

Postby GreecePwns on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:18 pm

If this were about ethnic purity, I would have said even a word about kicking illegal residents off of either island. mine and indeed saxis argument is entirely based of of international law and its enforcement, which you seem to care little about, given your stances on both islands'issues.

Corporal GreecePwns

Postby Symmetry on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:36 pm

GreecePwns wrote:Did I say they should give up their homes?I said that their referendum holds no value at all due to their being imported people.

The solution I propose is to allow all who wish to do so and own property become citizens of a sovereign Falklands, not of Britain, for a period of five to ten years. Then we can talk referenda. if we are to accept the importing of people, we should allow both sides to do so and see who wins at the polls.

This would demand that Falkland Islanders give up their rights to self determination for five to ten years. When you say "both sides", I take it you don't consider the rights of the people who live there.

I'm not in favour of your "importing people" till the Falkland people are outnumbered by imported immigrants solely there to skew a vote policy.

That would be vote rigging.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Symmetry on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:39 pm

GreecePwns wrote:If this were about ethnic purity, I would have said even a word about kicking illegal residents off of either island. mine and indeed saxis argument is entirely based of of international law and its enforcement, which you seem to care little about, given your stances on both islands'issues.

I'm very much in favour of international law- specifically self determination. Why you oppose self-determination has been a bit of a vague point at best, although it seems like you don't think the Islanders should have that right because of their ethnic background.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:43 pm

Symmetry wrote:
GreecePwns wrote:If this were about ethnic purity, I would have said even a word about kicking illegal residents off of either island. mine and indeed saxis argument is entirely based of of international law and its enforcement, which you seem to care little about, given your stances on both islands'issues.

I'm very much in favour of international law-

LMAO! You're in favor of international law when it goes your way. When the source of international law - the UN - rules that Isles Malvinas are occupied and Britain must enter negotiations then you're not so much in favor of it.

"Law" doesn't portend an a la carte selection of rules. It means an objective standard and obedience to a body tasked with interpreting that standard (the UN) even when you are ruled against.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Symmetry on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:52 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

I'm very much in favour of international law-

LMAO! You're in favor of international law when it goes your way. When the source of international law - the UN - rules that Isles Malvinas are occupied and Britain must enter negotiations then you're not so much in favor of it.

"Law" doesn't portend an a la carte selection of rules. It means an objective standard and obedience to a body tasked with interpreting that standard (the UN) even when you are ruled against.

No need to get so angry. Would it be fair to ask you to take a few minutes and rephrase your argument?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:56 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:We should probably create a worm-hole between the Falklands and Cyprus.

--Ady

Just to let everyone know, a worm-hole would definitely save some time:
http://www.distancefromto.net/distance- ... s+Malvinas

13198.98 KM = 8201.46 MI

I will begin development soon. Seeking international donors.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Talisker 10.

Postby 2dimes on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:58 pm

Worms have all the good stuff.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:00 pm

Next week 5,000 active UK forces plan to stage a major march through London to protest the disbandment of their regiments. They are advising "no one try to stop us." When armies start protesting in the streets, that's usually a sign a military coup isn't far off.

As the remnants of the empire spin into chaos, Argentina proudly marches forward toward the destiny that awaits it.

Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Symmetry on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:03 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:

--Ady

Just to let everyone know, a worm-hole would definitely save some time:
http://www.distancefromto.net/distance- ... s+Malvinas

13198.98 KM = 8201.46 MI

I will begin development soon. Seeking international donors.

--Andy

You are the best Andy, who else could provide evidence that both humans and trolls can evolve into intelligently designed monkeys? Thanks for the timely reality check.
Last edited by Symmetry on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant Symmetry

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,