Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby GreecePwns on Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:13 pm

Paul Ryan endorses the music of known revolutionary communists Rage Against the Machine:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... t-20120816

I wonder what Ryan's favorite Rage song is? Is it the one where we condemn the genocide of Native Americans? The one lambasting American imperialism? Our cover of "f*ck the Police"? Or is it the one where we call on the people to seize the means of production? So many excellent choices to jam out to at Young Republican meetings!

Don't mistake me, I clearly see that Ryan has a whole lotta "rage" in him: A rage against women, a rage against immigrants, a rage against workers, a rage against gays, a rage against the poor, a rage against the environment. Basically the only thing he's not raging against is the privileged elite he's groveling in front of for campaign contributions.


We all knew Obama was a Marxist from even before his first term. But we were all surprised when Romney endorsed the Israeli healthcare system, which obviously makes him a Marxist. But now this? Who can conservatives vote for now that the race is full of Marxists?

Ah, I know.


Image
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
User avatar
Corporal GreecePwns
 
Posts: 2654
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:19 pm
Location: Lawn Guy Lint
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:22 pm

I also enjoy the music of both Rage Against the Machine and Tom Morello. I do not enjoy their politics. To the self-important Tom Morello (hey! I want to Harvard!) I'm sure that his music is only influenced by his politics (hey! I'm a multi-millionaire!) and that someone like me (hey! I pay less in taxes than thegreekdog!) should not like his music.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6239
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby john9blue on Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:44 pm

sorry greecepwns, but not all of us pretend to like certain music artists just because we agree with their politics.

come of us like the artists for... their MUSIC

edit: also, lol @ rolling stone magazine. piece of trash imo, especially their "taste" in music
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:05 pm

There's a long string of "huh?" likes for Ryan. He likes Rands philosophy, but she turned hypocrite and basically took back everything that she said, he likes Rage, but Morello says that his pissed-off music is about Ryan, and he like Thomas Aquinas. The T.A. who hates women.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby patrickaa317 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:51 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:He likes Rands philosophy, but she turned hypocrite and basically took back everything that she said,


I've never heard this before, can you provide me with some details on this?
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class patrickaa317
 
Posts: 2268
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:10 pm
Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby Phatscotty on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:54 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:He likes Rands philosophy, but she turned hypocrite and basically took back everything that she said,


I've never heard this before, can you provide me with some details on this?


You trust what Phat Bottom will give you?
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2454
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 94
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby patrickaa317 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:57 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:He likes Rands philosophy, but she turned hypocrite and basically took back everything that she said,


I've never heard this before, can you provide me with some details on this?


You trust what Phat Bottom will give you?


I'll trust it enough to read it, then research and form an opinion.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class patrickaa317
 
Posts: 2268
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:10 pm
Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:03 pm

Rand called people who receive welfare, Social Security, and other funds through such programs "vultures" and said that greed is what makes us great or some junk,... right?

Then she lost a fortune and spent her final years living on Social Security and Medicare.
I've said before that I don't know if Social Security allowed her to live in dignity; or if it caused her to lose her dignity.
I'm sure she would say something about how taking the money is ok because her point was that greed is good or something, but IMHO she fails.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby patrickaa317 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:07 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:Rand called people who receive welfare, Social Security, and other funds through such programs "vultures" and said that greed is what makes us great or some junk,... right?

Then she lost a fortune and spent her final years living on Social Security and Medicare.
I've said before that I don't know if Social Security allowed her to live in dignity; or if it caused her to lose her dignity.
I'm sure she would say something about how taking the money is ok because her point was that greed is good or something, but IMHO she fails.


So she didn't actually retract her comments as indicated in your post?
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class patrickaa317
 
Posts: 2268
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:10 pm
Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:14 pm

If you dislike RATM, you are not human


FREEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM
Image
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5926
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:37 pm

One of the saddest episodes of the last four years has been the frothing, hysterical anti-intellectualism that's developed on the American corporate left.

Ayn Rand used to be celebrated for her literary style and her once-unique ideas; her books were a staple among counter-culture American students as a lodestar to the form of revolutionary thought (like Nietzsche and other non-left thinkers, back in the days when leftism meant a celebration of free thought versus machine obedience to professional politicians in exchange for treats and goodies).

    However, with the rise of corporate leftism she's been heaped into the book burning pile first lit by the John Birch Society for authors like Pablo Neruda and Kurt Vonnegut. I just noticed Rand's biography on Wikipedia has been entirely rewritten sourced on two books - a 2009 and a 2010 biography - and now is a parade of horribles and tabloid scandal designed to appeal to the anti-intellectual base of the lumpenproletariat. Even beyond his murder of thousands of Arab and Pakistani children, Barack Obama's responsibility for mobilizing the Vanguard of the Idiots is probably the crime for which he should most face a Tribunal of Civilization.

Image
Last edited by saxitoxin on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin
 
Posts: 2073
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: the American Riviera
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:55 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:Rand called people who receive welfare, Social Security, and other funds through such programs "vultures" and said that greed is what makes us great or some junk,... right?

Then she lost a fortune and spent her final years living on Social Security and Medicare.
I've said before that I don't know if Social Security allowed her to live in dignity; or if it caused her to lose her dignity.
I'm sure she would say something about how taking the money is ok because her point was that greed is good or something, but IMHO she fails.


So she didn't actually retract her comments as indicated in your post?


Actions speak louder than words. She didn't write any book retracting what she wrote or anything, she just went ahead and did everything she told us was wrong and parasitic to do.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:07 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:Rand called people who receive welfare, Social Security, and other funds through such programs "vultures" and said that greed is what makes us great or some junk,... right?

Then she lost a fortune and spent her final years living on Social Security and Medicare.
I've said before that I don't know if Social Security allowed her to live in dignity; or if it caused her to lose her dignity.
I'm sure she would say something about how taking the money is ok because her point was that greed is good or something, but IMHO she fails.


So she didn't actually retract her comments as indicated in your post?


Actions speak louder than words. She didn't write any book retracting what she wrote or anything, she just went ahead and did everything she told us was wrong and parasitic to do.


We know that the Ryan/Romney ticket is an avid Ayn Rand supporter by the following anagram fact:

    "Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan"

    to

    "My ultimate Ayn Rand porn"

Nothing could debunk such a claim! The proof is in the anagram pudding. I blame the Illuminati and Woodruff leaving us.

-rd
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 7230
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:42 am
Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:47 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:Rand called people who receive welfare, Social Security


Social security is an insurance program, not a welfare program.

    insurance - payment for damage, provided for a fee (e.g. social security, UI basic benefits)
    welfare - payment for damage, provided for free (e.g. AFDC, UI extended benefits)
Where did Ayn Rand criticize people who made withdrawals from the U.S. social security system? Did you hear about it on YouTube or did you actually read something she wrote? I anticipate your forthcoming silence will be an indication of the former.

(This is a popular meme propagated by the foot soldiers of the idiocracy based on an extremely creative interpretation of two lines in an interview with a dead literary agent. There's no record of Rand criticizing persons taking OASDI disbursements.)
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin
 
Posts: 2073
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: the American Riviera
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:33 am

saxitoxin wrote:Social security is an insurance program, not a welfare program.

insurance - payment for damage, provided for a fee (e.g. social security)
welfare - payment for damage, provided for free (e.g. AFDC)

Where did Ayn Rand criticize people who made withdrawals from the U.S. social security system? Did you hear about it on YouTube or did you actually read something she wrote? I anticipate your forthcoming silence will be an indication of the former.


Don't challenge me son, you cannot handle me. Atlas Shrugged sits on my bookshelf right next to the Gulag Archipelago.
I've made the distinction myself between social insurance and welfare on this forum. You probably learned it from me. But she was opposed to both.


Ayn Rand favored Laissez-faire form of economics.

Laissez-faire is an economic environment in which transactions between private parties are free from tariffs, government subsidies, and enforced monopolies, with only enough government regulations sufficient to protect property rights against theft and aggression. The phrase laissez-faire is French and literally means "let [them] do", but it broadly implies "let it be," "let them do as they will," or "leave it alone." Scholars generally believe a laissez-faire state or a completely free market has never existed.[1][2]


You can visit aynrand.org where they blame Social Security for partially increasing our national debt somehow.

By now it’s no secret that I think Social Security is an unjust monstrosity by which the elderly live off the work of younger generations. So what should be done about it?

The only moral solution—the only one that puts an end to the wealth redistribution and protects people’s right to keep what they earn—is to abolish Social Security entirely.


But anyway you're asking a trick question because she was a philosopher who's claim to fame was her fiction. And Laissez-Faire.

Ayn Rand Atlas Shrugged wrote:Neither life nor happiness can be achieved by the pursuit of irrational whims. Just as man is free to attempt to survive by any random means, as a parasite, a moocher or a looter, but not free to succeed at it beyond the range of the moment—so he is free to seek his happiness in any irrational fraud, any whim, any delusion, any mindless escape from reality, but not free to succeed at it beyond the range of the moment nor to escape the consequences.

^This quote probably only makes sense if you read the book.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:47 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:Social security is an insurance program, not a welfare program.

insurance - payment for damage, provided for a fee (e.g. social security)
welfare - payment for damage, provided for free (e.g. AFDC)

Where did Ayn Rand criticize people who made withdrawals from the U.S. social security system? Did you hear about it on YouTube or did you actually read something she wrote? I anticipate your forthcoming silence will be an indication of the former.


Don't challenge me son, you cannot handle me. Atlas Shrugged sits on my bookshelf right next to the Gulag Archipelago.
I've made the distinction myself between social insurance and welfare on this forum. You probably learned it from me. But she was opposed to both.


Ayn Rand favored Laissez-faire form of economics.

Laissez-faire is an economic environment in which transactions between private parties are free from tariffs, government subsidies, and enforced monopolies, with only enough government regulations sufficient to protect property rights against theft and aggression. The phrase laissez-faire is French and literally means "let [them] do", but it broadly implies "let it be," "let them do as they will," or "leave it alone." Scholars generally believe a laissez-faire state or a completely free market has never existed.[1][2]


You can visit aynrand.org where they blame Social Security for partially increasing our national debt somehow.

By now it’s no secret that I think Social Security is an unjust monstrosity by which the elderly live off the work of younger generations. So what should be done about it?

The only moral solution—the only one that puts an end to the wealth redistribution and protects people’s right to keep what they earn—is to abolish Social Security entirely.


But anyway you're asking a trick question because she was a philosopher who's claim to fame was her fiction. And Laissez-Faire.

Ayn Rand Atlas Shrugged wrote:Neither life nor happiness can be achieved by the pursuit of irrational whims. Just as man is free to attempt to survive by any random means, as a parasite, a moocher or a looter, but not free to succeed at it beyond the range of the moment—so he is free to seek his happiness in any irrational fraud, any whim, any delusion, any mindless escape from reality, but not free to succeed at it beyond the range of the moment nor to escape the consequences.

^This quote probably only makes sense if you read the book.


A lot of words to avoid answering a very simple question. Once again:

    Where did Ayn Rand criticize people who made withdrawals from the U.S. social security system?
The misquoted line from Rand's literary agent that's evolved into the meme which you bounded into this thread with, when properly quoted, dismisses your speech best:

    Since she had worked all her life and had paid into Social Security, she had a right to it. ("100 Voices: An Oral History of Ayn Rand")
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin
 
Posts: 2073
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: the American Riviera
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:20 am

I answered your question; it's a trick question because she wrote fiction books to promote Laissez-Faire. I'm pretty sure that I cannot even find a quote of her directly criticizing welfare. The characters in her books do though. If you read Atlas Shrugged you'd understand what a moocher and a looter are. Laissez-Faire, her beloved form of capitalism, does not leave room for Social Security. Now, obviously she did do some talking too, but she didn't directly criticize a lot. All of her essays pretty much rehash her old arguments about capitalism, sex, and religion. If you're going to argue that she was not against Social Security or welfare then you're going to run up against not only the liberals here, but also the conservatives. It's no-man's land. And as Ayn Rand said, the middle ground is the most dishonest & evil or something.

I specifically redirected to you that it was a trick question because I know how you like to twist everything to match your antagonistic, anarchistic agenda. I had to make sure I put that there in the beginning for people who read through.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:25 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:I answered your question; it's a trick question because she wrote fiction books to promote Laissez-Faire. I'm pretty sure that I cannot even find a quote of her directly criticizing welfare. The characters in her books do though. If you read Atlas Shrugged you'd understand what a moocher and a looter are. Laissez-Faire, her beloved form of capitalism, does not leave room for Social Security. Now, obviously she did do some talking too, but she didn't directly criticize a lot. All of her essays pretty much rehash her old arguments about capitalism, sex, and religion. If you're going to argue that she was not against Social Security or welfare then you're going to run up against not only the liberals here, but also the conservatives. It's no-man's land. And as Ayn Rand said, the middle ground is the most dishonest & evil or something.

I specifically redirected to you that it was a trick question because I know how you like to twist everything to match your antagonistic, anarchistic agenda. I had to make sure I put that there in the beginning for people who read through.


I'll rephrase my question to a single word if that helps.

Juan_Bottom wrote: Rand called people who receive welfare, Social Security, and other funds through such programs "vultures"
Saxi wrote: Where?

User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin
 
Posts: 2073
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: the American Riviera
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:28 am

Oh yeah, that should read "Parasites." MUCH BETTER.
Was it Nietzsche who called them vultures?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:31 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:Oh yeah, that should read "Parasites." MUCH BETTER.


Where?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin
 
Posts: 2073
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: the American Riviera
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:33 am

I quoted a passage of her book where she said it. So did you.
But she did use the word a lot.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:34 am

I just realized that you haven't actually read Rand. lol, you had me >=(
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:34 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:I quoted a passage of her book where she said it.


No, you didn't.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin
 
Posts: 2073
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: the American Riviera
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:40 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:You can visit aynrand.org where they blame Social Security for partially increasing our national debt somehow.


Oh, you know, unfunded liabilities and all that. Don't worry your simple brain about it; it wouldn't matter if I tried leading your obstinate ass to water. Your subsidies from the professional politicians will be coming in soon, so you can continue your anti-intellectual crusade against straw men and women.

Two thumbs up for Phat Bottom.
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 4887
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:40 am

I mean-ah, it's been like 2 years since I read Atlas, but I'm pretty sure that Galt's-his-face said that.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Next

Return to Babble-On Five

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TeeGee

Login