Conquer Club

Favorite ways of getting rid of the door to door salesman.

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Dancing Mustard on Sat May 05, 2007 7:01 am

Stopper wrote:
btownmeggy wrote:Oooh, I DREAM of have two young, studly Mormon missionaries come to my door. I'd invite them in, give them lemonade, ask them to wait a bit while I put on something more comfortable.

You know where it goes from there...

I don't know. What do you mean? Could you elaborate?

That would be a far more interesting direction for this thread to take.
Wayne wrote:Wow, with a voice like that Dancing Mustard must get all the babes!

Garth wrote:Yeah, I bet he's totally studly and buff.
Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby CrazyAnglican on Sat May 05, 2007 8:22 am

btownmeggy wrote:
hecter wrote:
btownmeggy wrote:Oooh, I DREAM of have two young, studly Mormon missionaries come to my door. I'd invite them in, give them lemonade, ask them to wait a bit while I put on something more comfortable.

You know where it goes from there...

Unfortunately, all I ever get are lady JWs and crack addict magazine salesmen.

Would you settle for me? :lol:

Well, Canadians are rather similar to Mormons, but you'd have to bring a friend.

Hey btownmeggy,

Try the same thing with the lady JWs. Could you imagine how fast they'd beat a path out of there? OOopps, sorry I think I missed the point there. :oops:
Last edited by CrazyAnglican on Sat May 05, 2007 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal CrazyAnglican

Postby CrazyAnglican on Sat May 05, 2007 8:28 am

jnd94 wrote:what I do is politely say that "I have no intention of joining, and you wasting my time only makes me want to join less." They are very persistent, I must say, once I just slammed the door and walked away.

I different approach is to say "Listen, I not going to convert. If you'd just like to practice your sales pitch, I'll give you five minutes before I close the door". Then look at your watch, and don't look back up.
Corporal CrazyAnglican

Postby Balsiefen on Sat May 05, 2007 9:51 am

I find the best way is to listen politely to them, nod encourigingly, then at a good point when thay've run out of things to tell you about, say "by the way, i'm a diabolist, would you be intrested in converting to the church of satan?"
Last edited by Balsiefen on Sat May 05, 2007 11:08 am, edited 5 times in total.
Sergeant 1st Class Balsiefen

Location: The Ford of the Aldar in the East of the Kingdom of Lindissi

Postby CrazyAnglican on Sat May 05, 2007 10:36 am

Balsiefen wrote:I find the best way is to listen politely to them, nod encourigingly, then at a good point when thay've run out of thins to tell you about say "by the way, i'm a diabolist, would you be intrested in convertin to the curch of saten?"

Oh, that is diabolical :D
Corporal CrazyAnglican

Postby CrazyAnglican on Sat May 05, 2007 10:40 am

You can pretend to have an imaginary friend who doesn't like them. This one's great; you don't have to come up with anything to say, just alternately laugh and be shocked at what your friend says.

To add a little bit to it, make it their fault that he's mad. Start off with "Could you move! You're standing on George's foot!"
Corporal CrazyAnglican

Postby Hitman079 on Sat May 05, 2007 2:37 pm

so stupid and brief:
answer the door like you're at someone else's door
for example if someone knocks on your door open it and ask them "is michael home?"
or like "have you found God in your life?"
then close the door in their face.
Cook Hitman079

Postby ranck3 on Sat May 05, 2007 6:32 pm

This isnt vary funny, but true... I usally turn off all my lights when i see them coming and them i hide upstairs... :roll:
[img]If you are trying to read this you must have alot of time on your hands.
Cook ranck3

Postby Balsiefen on Sun May 06, 2007 5:40 am

thats what most people do
Sergeant 1st Class Balsiefen

Location: The Ford of the Aldar in the East of the Kingdom of Lindissi

Postby diddle on Sun May 06, 2007 5:55 am

i sometimes, try and sell them some of my random stuff that i have in my house

Salesmen 'Hello, i'm brian, would you like to see our new x-400 hover-
Diddle 'I'd love to, but first let me show you this lamp, bought from ikea, in the early 21st century, it cost a whopping £12.99 when new, and for a limited time only, you can buy it for only £24.99! Whaddaya say?
Salesmen *gulps and runs away*
Diddle 'My work here is done' *walks back inside* :wink:
Cadet diddle

Postby Anarchy Ninja on Sun May 06, 2007 7:18 am

Answer the door like this but perhaps with some extra effects like tomato sauce on the blade
Sergeant 1st Class Anarchy Ninja

Postby Skittles! on Sun May 06, 2007 7:23 am

You like promoting yourself, don't you?
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Anarchy Ninja on Sun May 06, 2007 7:46 am

Yes, yes i do. I could be considered somewhat ostentatios
Sergeant 1st Class Anarchy Ninja

Postby sam_levi_11 on Sun May 06, 2007 12:43 pm

open it and simply say "f*ck off". works every time
Sergeant 1st Class sam_levi_11

Postby unriggable on Sun May 06, 2007 12:52 pm

Don't answer any of their questions. Just stand. Don't change your facial expression. Funnier if you look tall and menacing and can block the entire doorway. Look at them in the eye the whole time. Haven't tried it yet.
Cook unriggable

Postby Colaalone on Sun May 06, 2007 1:17 pm

Anarchy Ninja wrote:Answer the door like this but perhaps with some extra effects like tomato sauce on the blade

But... the point isn't to make them think you're a loser.
Cook Colaalone

Location: Checking into a Las Vegas hotel with the intent of committing capital fraud and a head full of acid

Postby I GOT SERVED on Sun May 06, 2007 1:45 pm

unriggable wrote:Don't answer any of their questions. Just stand. Don't change your facial expression. Funnier if you look tall and menacing and can block the entire doorway. Look at them in the eye the whole time. Haven't tried it yet.

Hmm....I have that tall part, and I suppose I could look menacing if I got the right sunglasses....

I'll have to try this one sometime.

Highest score: 2512
Highest rank: 424
Captain I GOT SERVED

Postby Titanic on Sun May 06, 2007 5:33 pm

Answer their questions completely wrong. Like:

"Would you like this bottle of shampoo?"

"Yes the weather really is nice, good day for football but I heard its gunna rain later on"

"No sorry sir, I said would you like shampoo"

"O the seaside? This time of year? No, not warm enough, you have to wait till June at least"

"Shampoo, for you hair sir!"

"No, I do not want car insurance! Please go away!"

*Slam door!*
Major Titanic

Postby freak87 on Sun May 06, 2007 5:44 pm

lol

once a mother and a child(i believe it were johova's withness) came to my door and did their talk, when they were finished, i sad, sorry my parents aren't home, and slam the door....

what i most of the time do is lying upstairs at the end of the stairs, and look down at the door, and just wait when they go away, the ring the door bel several times....and start looking inside to see if anyone is home.....
Corporal 1st Class freak87

Postby dominationnation on Sun May 06, 2007 6:42 pm

slap them across the face the second they walk in the door

could have interesting results depending on who is at the door

WARNING:make sure that it isnt your neighbor before doing. on second thought...make sure it is your neighbor
Cook dominationnation

Postby Guiscard on Sun May 06, 2007 8:20 pm

freak87 wrote:lol

once a mother and a child(i believe it were johova's withness) came to my door and did their talk, when they were finished, i sad, sorry my parents aren't home, and slam the door....

what i most of the time do is lying upstairs at the end of the stairs, and look down at the door, and just wait when they go away, the ring the door bel several times....and start looking inside to see if anyone is home.....

Pussy. It's much funnier for them to know you're definitely home. I had a friend who' just sit in his front room and let them knock on the window for a while. They'd do this every week regularly. The last time they came he got his flatmate to hide under the windowsill inside (its a big bay window) and when they started knocking on the window slowly hold up a sign which said 'I still don't care...' whilst he blatantly ignored them and carried on watching TV.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby Titanic on Tue May 08, 2007 4:09 am

Guiscard wrote:
freak87 wrote:lol

Pussy. It's much funnier for them to know you're definitely home. I had a friend who' just sit in his front room and let them knock on the window for a while. They'd do this every week regularly. The last time they came he got his flatmate to hide under the windowsill inside (its a big bay window) and when they started knocking on the window slowly hold up a sign which said 'I still don't care...' whilst he blatantly ignored them and carried on watching TV.

Lol, thats brilliant.
Major Titanic

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,