Conquer Club

MLB 2013

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: MLB 2013

Postby Serbia on Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:24 pm

I'll be going to see the Tigers play in Cleveland on Tuesday. Verlander is scheduled to start.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby nietzsche on Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:43 pm

Serbia wrote:I'll be going to see the Tigers play in Cleveland on Tuesday. Verlander is scheduled to start.

Bollocks.

Vs Masterson. And the Indians have won 8 in a row, probably will arrive with 12 in a row.

You will watch a masacre.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Serbia on Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:02 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Serbia wrote:I'll be going to see the Tigers play in Cleveland on Tuesday. Verlander is scheduled to start.

Bollocks.

Vs Masterson. And the Indians have won 8 in a row, probably will arrive with 12 in a row.

You will watch a masacre.

lol

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:35 pm

What a comeback by the Sox.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby nietzsche on Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:27 am

Army of GOD wrote:What a comeback by the Sox.

Jonny Gomes AB was a very good one.
General nietzsche

Postby nietzsche on Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:11 pm

Anyone getting sick of the Dodgers? I have a friend who is hardcore Dodgers fan, and he's getting very annoying. Salary caps on MLB please.
General nietzsche

Postby oVo on Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:30 pm

A Rod banned for life for using growth hormone?
Major oVo

Postby nietzsche on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:30 pm

oVo wrote:A Rod banned for life for using growth hormone?

I didn't see the ? at first... was shocked. Nah, I don't think so he's that stupid, if MLB is offering him a deal he'll take it.
General nietzsche

Postby strike wolf on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:38 pm

Just looking at some of the stats out there right now and the win loss records. It seems like there's quite a few teams getting hot right now.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Woodruff on Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:52 am

nietzsche wrote:Anyone getting sick of the Dodgers? I have a friend who is hardcore Dodgers fan, and he's getting very annoying. Salary caps on MLB please.

My wife is a Dodgers fan from WAY back. She's not a highly-annoying one, though...but it's mostly because my Cardinals tend to have at least as much success as the Dodgers do.

That being said, I do agree with the idea of a salary cap in baseball.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby tzor on Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:56 am

Woodruff wrote:My wife is a Dodgers fan from WAY back.

How "WAY back" was it? We had people in my family who were Dodgers fans. They gave up once the team moved away from Brooklyn. ;)
Cadet tzor

Postby Woodruff on Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:58 am

tzor wrote:
Woodruff wrote:My wife is a Dodgers fan from WAY back.

How "WAY back" was it? We had people in my family who were Dodgers fans. They gave up once the team moved away from Brooklyn. ;)

Back in the 70s. She and her grandmother used to sit and watch Dodgers games on the television, because that was the only team whose games were broadcast where they could watch them. She was probably under ten at the time, so it's a very important connection to her. Dusty Baker is her favorite Dodger of all time.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby chapcrap on Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:36 am

nietzsche wrote:Salary caps on MLB please.

I agree. They need to at least get a minimum and maximum or some kind of system where a team can only pay a certain number of players over $15 million (arbitrary number). Some kind of system besides this soft cap BS.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby nietzsche on Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:12 pm

My annoying friend is riding the wave of the Dodgers and he'll be today at Wrigley.

GO CUBS!!!!!!
General nietzsche

Postby chapcrap on Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:49 pm

nietzsche wrote:GO CUBS!!!!!!

Foed.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby tzor on Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:25 pm

nietzsche wrote:GO CUBS!!!!!!

One should always support the Cubs because ...
  1. Cubs are just cute ...
  2. They haven't won in over 100 years and they actually keep track of that number outside the ballpark.
  3. The footling buffalo franks are great!
  4. They need all the luck they can get if they want to renovate Wrigley and keep hope alive.
  5. There is a stack of doughnuts just outside the ballpark ... wait that is the tornado siren.
Cadet tzor

Postby Sackett58 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:14 pm

2010-04-24 18:51:35 - MrMoody: OMG I'm in a game with stunna, what is up with this?
Major Sackett58

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:55 pm

A-Rod is a giant dickweed but I hope he doesn't get suspended for long so the Yankees still have to pay out of their ass for him.

Seriously, f*ck the Yankees.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby chapcrap on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:44 pm

Army of GOD wrote:A-Rod is a giant dickweed but I hope he doesn't get suspended for long so the Yankees still have to pay out of their ass for him.

=D>
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby nietzsche on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:47 pm

chapcrap wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:A-Rod is a giant dickweed but I hope he doesn't get suspended for long so the Yankees still have to pay out of their ass for him.

=D>

Could it be that the Yankees played a part on reigniting the steroids investigations to have A-Rod banned and don't have to pay him?
General nietzsche

Postby Night Strike on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:49 pm

All that money should be forced to be paid out to a charity or something. And there really needs to be some monetary punishment to players who get to sign these big contracts while on PEDs yet get to keep playing out the contract. They should be forced to play a year for the minimum salary before signing a new contract. Or something along those lines.
Major Night Strike

Postby tzor on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:33 am

I believe that has already occurred, given their current record. I suspect that a century from now they will be looking back at this with the same attitude that Cubs fans look upon that incident with the goat.
Cadet tzor

Postby Woodruff on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:55 am

Night Strike wrote:All that money should be forced to be paid out to a charity or something. And there really needs to be some monetary punishment to players who get to sign these big contracts while on PEDs yet get to keep playing out the contract. They should be forced to play a year for the minimum salary before signing a new contract. Or something along those lines.

Well, Ryan Braun is without his salary through his suspension...that's a pretty big monetary hit, if you as me.

Postby Night Strike on Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:45 am

Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:All that money should be forced to be paid out to a charity or something. And there really needs to be some monetary punishment to players who get to sign these big contracts while on PEDs yet get to keep playing out the contract. They should be forced to play a year for the minimum salary before signing a new contract. Or something along those lines.

Well, Ryan Braun is without his salary through his suspension...that's a pretty big monetary hit, if you as me.

He loses less than $4 million off an approximately $11 million contract. Next year, his 5 year, $105 million (approximate numbers) contract kicks in that he signed immediately after the 2011 season, when he tested positive for PEDs but weaseled out of the ban. That means he has to lose $4 million in order to gain $21 million per year for 5 years. Sounds like an easy trade off.
Major Night Strike

Postby Woodruff on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:28 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

He loses less than $4 million off an approximately $11 million contract. Next year, his 5 year, $105 million (approximate numbers) contract kicks in that he signed immediately after the 2011 season, when he tested positive for PEDs but weaseled out of the ban. That means he has to lose $4 million in order to gain $21 million per year for 5 years. Sounds like an easy trade off.

That's just it...it's not a trade off. It's a full loss of $4 million. At the time Braun took the PEDs, he wasn't thinking "It doesn't matter if I get caught, because even though I'll lose $4 million, I'll gain $105 million". He was thinking "I won't get caught". Period.

As well, it definitely does appear that there are going to be serious consequences for future violations forthcoming, now that the Players' Union is pretty onboard with handling this thing the way it should be.

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,