Conquer Club

Game of Thrones (series spoiling only!)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Game of Thrones (series spoiling only!)

Postby strike wolf on Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:12 am

Books are for spoilers.
show

I mean when it's just Jon it's unique but when it's multiple people, its significance decreases dramatically. So one surprise half Targaryen, hell yeah! 2 surprise Targaryen, yeah okay. Still on board. 3?okay...this is starting to get a bit much.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby patches70 on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:11 am

Damn, your spoiler might be right. If so, then that's bad news for him.

I also doubt Tyrion is a half Targaryen. Tywin told Tyrion (in the tv series) that since he couldn't prove Tyrion wan't a Lannister, Tywin had no choice but to accept Tyrion as a Lannister.
If Tywin's wife had of had an affair or raped by the Mad King to produce Tyrion, Tywin would have found out about it and had the dwarf smothered in his cradle. Tywin probably used every effort to try and find out if this dwarf child was actually not a Lannister and since the dwarf wasn't smothered then it's a pretty safe bet that Tyrion is the offspring of Tywin and his wife. Tyrion is a Lannister through and through IMO.
Private patches70

Postby strike wolf on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:59 am

To be fair, it's not like they exactly had paternity tests back in those times. U mean maybe certain specialized magics.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby patches70 on Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:24 am

strike wolf wrote:To be fair, it's not like they exactly had paternity tests back in those times. U mean maybe certain specialized magics.

I doubt Tywin would have used magic, magic was really weak until the red comet and the dragons were born if we remember and Tywin probably doesn't put much stock into magic anyway.
He'd of had his maester examine the child carefully. Then he'd have an investigation talking (interrogating) with his wife's lady in waiting's, friends, servants, etc to find out if she'd had an affair with anyone. He'd have consulted his spies in court and investigate any rumors of the Mad king raping or otherwise diddling with his wife.
If anything had been amiss at all, Tyrion would have been smothered. Such a level of investigation that Tywin undoubtedly performed means with a high degree of probability Tyrion is indeed a Lannister. Tywin had ample motivation to prove that Tyrion was a bastard and probably spared no expense searching out proof of such a thing, which he was unable to find. That all points to Tyrion not being a Targaryen, but anything's possible I guess.
Private patches70

Postby muy_thaiguy on Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:23 pm

strike wolf wrote:Books are for spoilers.
show

I mean when it's just Jon it's unique but when it's multiple people, its significance decreases dramatically. So one surprise half Targaryen, hell yeah! 2 surprise Targaryen, yeah okay. Still on board. 3?okay...this is starting to get a bit much.

show
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby betiko on Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:35 am

I personally think that Tyrion being targaryen is more than likely.
Red sorcerers see targaryen blood... Melissandre was fooled because Stannis, being a Baratheon has some Targaryen as all Baratheons. When Tyrion is in Volantis and there is sorceress preaching, she immediately finds out about him within the croud. I'm sre it's because his father was targaryen.

I mean come on... 3 dragons.... Aegon and his 2 sisters conquered westeros each riding a dragon. There are 3 dragons now, one obviously for daenerys, it seems pretty obvious that the other two are for Tyrion and Jon. Tyrion has started making friends with one of them....

this will all end up in a big fight where they don't have enough valirian steel and jon, dany and tyrion fight the white wakers on their dragons.
Major betiko

Postby waauw on Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:53 am

I wonder if we will learn more about dragon slaying next season. I mean, we know dragons used to be extinct but the series never really elaborated on how that happened exactly, and knowing GRRM I'm sure one of the dragons will die at some point or another.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby muy_thaiguy on Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:24 pm

waauw wrote:I wonder if we will learn more about dragon slaying next season. I mean, we know dragons used to be extinct but the series never really elaborated on how that happened exactly, and knowing GRRM I'm sure one of the dragons will die at some point or another.

A lot of infighting and inbreeding would be my guess.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,