Conquer Club

RUGBY, the thread.

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

RUGBY, the thread.

Postby Arama86n on Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:44 pm

There have been a few discussions here and there about Rugby lately. Hell, if socca' can have a thread... why not us ;)

So, SA vs NZ at Eden tommarow :) Leehar seems to think that then men in black will be whipped. I have no such delusions ;)
Anyone have stats on how many times the All Blacks have been beaten at Eden Park the last 15 years, I believe it's not more than a few times right?
Will be at the pub bright and early tomarrow.
Major Arama86n

Re: RUGBY, the thread.

Postby Lootifer on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:36 pm

The All Blacks have not lost at Eden Park since they were beaten by France on July 3, 1994. A month later they drew 18-18 with the Springboks, but since then they have notched 30 successive victories at the Auckland venue.

:D

It will be a great test; if there was one match in recent history that could potentially ruin Fortress Edens' great record its the match tonight. I still feel we will come out on top though.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Arama86n on Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:44 am

Lootifer wrote:
The All Blacks have not lost at Eden Park since they were beaten by France on July 3, 1994. A month later they drew 18-18 with the Springboks, but since then they have notched 30 successive victories at the Auckland venue.

:D

It will be a great test; if there was one match in recent history that could potentially ruin Fortress Edens' great record its the match tonight. I still feel we will come out on top though.

Yeah, I thought it was something like that. Didn't dare guess at a year though.
Yepp yepp, time to go soon :)
Major Arama86n

Postby Lootifer on Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:28 am

Interesting half. No way Bismark should have been sent off.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Arama86n on Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:17 am

Lootifer wrote:Interesting half. No way Bismark should have been sent off.

Well, I' have to agree that that particular call wasn't the best, despite Carter being injured. That said, if you look at SA conduct during first half...
The fact that the same idiot comes on second half and continues to push the limits and gets himself red carded... well that should say something about what sort of player he is, and his intentions during that first half issue.

Apparently 1939 was the last time Springbocks won over All Blacks at Eden, looks like they'll have to wait a little longer.
It was not a boring game to say the least... at times though I do frown at SA's style of Rygby. Physical is good, dirty isn't.

Anyway, well done All Blacks, as usual. Better luck next time South Africa. Perhaps home town advantage next game will prove to be the ticket. I'm sure it will be one to watch.
Major Arama86n

Postby smegal69 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:23 pm

ALL BLACKS, STILL WORLD #1

oh and Australia is better than Argentina (Just)
Corporal smegal69

Location: Doing Hard Time on "The ROCK", in the southern ocean

Postby Lootifer on Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:06 pm

Yeah and a cracker of a game to boot!
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby mrswdk on Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:40 pm

Just killing time between one Six Nations and the next.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby smegal69 on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:37 pm

Maori All Blacks had a comprehensive 40-15 win over Canada in Toronto =D> =D> =D>

Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/VIDEO-All-tries- ... z2jdFIo3xZ

The All Blacks claimed a 54-6 rugby Test win over Japan, mostly made up of players coming back from injury or bench warmers

The Wallabies fell to their eighth loss of the season ENGLAND 20 AUSTRALIA 13, lets hope they can beat Italy(NOT)
Corporal smegal69

Postby chang50 on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:54 pm

smegal69 wrote:Maori All Blacks had a comprehensive 40-15 win over Canada in Toronto =D> =D> =D>

Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/VIDEO-All-tries- ... z2jdFIo3xZ

The All Blacks claimed a 54-6 rugby Test win over Japan, mostly made up of players coming back from injury or bench warmers

The Wallabies fell to their eighth loss of the season ENGLAND 20 AUSTRALIA 13, lets hope they can beat Italy(NOT)

The Wallabies cannot scrummage and without the brilliant backs of yesterday are a very ordinary side :D :D
Captain chang50

Postby Lootifer on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:18 pm

To be fair, theyre not bad; they just havent followed the rapid form other countries are riding at the moment.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby smegal69 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:36 pm

big weekend of rugby coming up, so who is going to win?

France Vs New Zealand = NZ
Australia Vs Italy = Aussie
England Vs Argentina = England
Ireland Vs Samoa = Ireland
Wales Vs South Africa = South Africa

here so good old action to watch
http://www.totalprosports.com/2011/09/2 ... world-cup/
Corporal smegal69

Postby dario2099 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:47 pm

smegal69 wrote:big weekend of rugby coming up, so who is going to win?

France
Australia
Argentina
Ireland
Wales
Corporal dario2099

Postby Fruitcake on Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:22 pm

smegal69 wrote:big weekend of rugby coming up, so who is going to win?

Wales Vs South Africa = Wales

Great link!

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby Lootifer on Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:54 pm

NZ
Aussie
England
Ireland
Safas
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Lootifer on Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:06 pm

Also @ Bakkies one: Well thats what you get for holding someone back illegally Jimmy!
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby betiko on Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:13 am

to tell the truth smegal, I have absolutely no idea of where the french team is standing right now, haven't followed anything since the last 6 nations. My guess is that if I am so clueless right now about what's going on is that they are still completely shitty as in the past 2-3 years and that you will win by +10pts, so not going to bet on this with you. Even when we have a very good team on a european level that makes a grand slam in the 6 nations we get ass kicked by NZ in test matches. We are only at your level when it's a world cup game :D
Major betiko

Postby Lootifer on Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:52 pm

Lootifer wrote:NZ
Aussie
England
Ireland
Safas

Heh, 5 and 5. Might not be able to pick NFL but im ok on rugger :P

French showed up to play tonight. They were not the same side that came last in 6 nations, it was some of the best running play from a french side ive ever seen. They could easily have won.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Lootifer on Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:53 pm

betiko wrote:to tell the truth smegal, I have absolutely no idea of where the french team is standing right now, haven't followed anything since the last 6 nations. My guess is that if I am so clueless right now about what's going on is that they are still completely shitty as in the past 2-3 years and that you will win by +10pts, so not going to bet on this with you. Even when we have a very good team on a european level that makes a grand slam in the 6 nations we get ass kicked by NZ in test matches. We are only at your level when it's a world cup game :D

The variability the French show from one game to another is crazy. If you asked me where the French came in 6 nations after watching them play tonight and I wouldve guessed they won or came runner up.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby betiko on Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:21 pm

Lootifer wrote:
betiko wrote:to tell the truth smegal, I have absolutely no idea of where the french team is standing right now, haven't followed anything since the last 6 nations. My guess is that if I am so clueless right now about what's going on is that they are still completely shitty as in the past 2-3 years and that you will win by +10pts, so not going to bet on this with you. Even when we have a very good team on a european level that makes a grand slam in the 6 nations we get ass kicked by NZ in test matches. We are only at your level when it's a world cup game :D

The variability the French show from one game to another is crazy. If you asked me where the French came in 6 nations after watching them play tonight and I wouldve guessed they won or came runner up.

Yes we didn t play too bad tonight. I would ve lost smegal s bet though if i had taken it (but who would ve taken that bet seriously??)
Yes, you never know what to expect from our team.. I just hope we win next 6 nations right now, last edition was really humiliating.
Major betiko

Postby smegal69 on Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:05 pm

betiko wrote:
Lootifer wrote:

Yes we didn t play too bad tonight. I would ve lost smegal s bet though if i had taken it (but who would ve taken that bet seriously??)
Yes, you never know what to expect from our team.. I just hope we win next 6 nations right now, last edition was really humiliating.

lol...... No, you would have won the bet, i was giving you 10 points

i didn't see that Japan was playing Scotland and for got that the Maori All Blacks were playing USA

One of my clan mates(from USA) told me Rugby was a Girls game, do you see hits like this in The Lingerie Football league
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4sBxDn7QTk

Guess what went SNAP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7GWGHTkMlM

and on a Sad note, this week we seen the passing of one of Rugby Greats, Samoan rugby great Peter Fatialofa
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=11152268
Corporal smegal69

Postby betiko on Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:19 pm

Lol a girl s game? So anything that doesn t have a helmet is a girl s game for americans? Why did basketball make it to man s game?

Americans just like sports where you run for 10 seconds so they can see more snacks & fast food comercials.
Major betiko

Postby Lootifer on Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:40 pm

Lets not go down this path. As someone who enjoys both games (Rugby and NFL) they both have awesome bits and weak bits. Though they could waste a little less time in NFL.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby betiko on Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:28 am

Lootifer wrote:Lets not go down this path. As someone who enjoys both games (Rugby and NFL) they both have awesome bits and weak bits. Though they could waste a little less time in NFL.

while an nfl game could be interesting; it lasts way too long for me to watch, and the timezones make it very difficult to try and follow the sport for a european. never got into it.
I've watched a bit of superbowls, but each time just a part of the first half. can't stand those half time shows and it's way too late by then.
Major betiko

Postby BoganGod on Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:09 am

One of the Australian rugby websites is called rugbyheaven. Rugby is the game they play in heaven. As a staunch kiwi I have to point out that the french can beat the all blacks when it matters. AB's vs lay blues + blood nut welsh sheep felching ref = 95% of NZ suicidal, then homicidal.
Ok, after crying about the ref(who was the 16th man on the field for the french). The AB's didn't deserve to play that game, they were playing like an australian under 7s female wheelchair touch team. yes it says a lot about my petty nature and small minded obsessive character that even after winning the last world cup, am still filthy about losing in the semi's of the one before that to the french.
not the best chabal clip, but still gets the message across

Do we need a thread for League? With the League world cup on atm. NOTICE TO AMERICANS a world cup that actually has multiple nations in it. Baseball "world" series anyone?

Anyone fancy the pommies in the League? I reckon they are over rated.
Corporal BoganGod

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,