Conquer Club

Rioting in Ferguson

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Rioting in Ferguson

Postby Borderdawg on Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:49 am

shickingbrits wrote:Definition - Borderdawg:

N., a person who found other means of sanctioned ugliness after their police academy application was rejected.

I'm not saying that is who you are, but it's the impression I take from your name (and posts).

ROFLMAO. Wow!! Sorry shicky, but ya missed it by quite a wide margin. The closest I've ever come to being a lawman was when I had Shore Patrol duty while overseas in the Navy. Most of my interaction with the police has been as an adversary, not an ally. I'm bearded, tattooed, and pagan. I've been known to ingest illegal substances. I've carried a gun most of my life, legally now, not that it makes a damn. I'm far more likely to cut a throat or cave in a skull than I am to shoot a fool.
My name is a combination of the fact I live on the Tex/Mex border, and the fact that I've always been a bit of a hound. :lol:

"Sanctioned Ugliness"..... WTF is sanctioned ugliness? I want to get ugly, I get ugly, don't care if anyone approves or not. :twisted: :twisted:

As for your flawed perception of me, doesn't really matter. I worry far more about fact that most of my pubic hair is now gray :cry: :cry: than I do what some bozo on a game site thinks about me. :lol: :lol: :lol: Hell, you probably a pretty good ol' boy, but you sure don't give off that vibe online. :D
Asst. Gatekeeper, XI Games.
Corporal Borderdawg

Postby shickingbrits on Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:16 am

Touche.
Sergeant shickingbrits

Postby patches70 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:18 am

Well, if what the cops are saying is true about Brown, it certainly changes things a little bit. Still not sure why the cop had to shoot an unarmed, fleeing man 10 times. Brown was a big fellow though, the cop was probably scared shitless.

Unless the feds step in and do something to the cop, then he'll probably get out of having to face any real consequences for shooting the guy. Then if the feds prosecute the cop, that just opens up a new can of worms.

Oh well, it's just more feeding to whatever it is that is brewing under the covers of society. I sure as hell wouldn't wanna be a cop. It's a shitty job to say the least.
They gotta deal with assholes beyond belief and police officer is one of the top ten jobs that sociopaths gravitate to. So not only are there crazy criminals walking the streets they gotta deal with, there is a good chance that a cop's partner is an undiagnosed psychopath as well. Not a good combination. And the sociopaths in the police have access to all the good tactical gear and in an organization that "protects it's own"! Now there is a cheery thought.

And life goes on as it always has, for many, badly.
f*ck the police!
Private patches70

Postby betiko on Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:44 am

Platinum lounge 0 diamond lounge 1
Major betiko

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:36 pm

patches70 wrote:Well, if what the cops are saying is true about Brown, it certainly changes things a little bit. Still not sure why the cop had to shoot an unarmed, fleeing man 10 times. Brown was a big fellow though, the cop was probably scared shitless.

The first shot may have been because he was scared. After that he was just being vindictive.

patches70 wrote:Unless the feds step in and do something to the cop, then he'll probably get out of having to face any real consequences for shooting the guy. Then if the feds prosecute the cop, that just opens up a new can of worms.

Oh well, it's just more feeding to whatever it is that is brewing under the covers of society. I sure as hell wouldn't wanna be a cop. It's a shitty job to say the least.
They gotta deal with assholes beyond belief and police officer is one of the top ten jobs that sociopaths gravitate to. So not only are there crazy criminals walking the streets they gotta deal with, there is a good chance that a cop's partner is an undiagnosed psychopath as well. Not a good combination. And the sociopaths in the police have access to all the good tactical gear and in an organization that "protects it's own"! Now there is a cheery thought.

And life goes on as it always has, for many, badly.
f*ck the police!

The police always justify their aggressive stance by the risks they allegedly take. "We just want to make sure all our people get home safe," is the commonly-heard cliche. The myth is of the cop constantly under the gun, but in fact they are not. All but the most desperate criminals are timid in the presence of the police, hoping to fly under the radar rather than face a confrontation with the law.

The job most at-risk from criminals? Cab driver. Taxi drivers spend most of their time driving around with criminals, but unlike police are not allowed to taser and handcuff them first. Don't know what the stat is in the U.S., but here in Canada a cab driver is 15 times more likely to get murdered in the line of duty than a cop.

Other people who take a beating from criminals:

Convenience store clerks.

Liquor and beer store clerks.

Pharmacists and drug store clerks.

Gas station attendants.

Emergency-room nurses.

Welfare case workers.

Psychiatrists and social workers.

Journalists.

Food-delivery people.

All of the above have to deal with criminals on a regular basis without the benefit of M-1 rifles.

Nor is criminal assault particularly high on the list of job risks. When non-criminal dangers are taken into account, the riskiest professions are fisherman, logger, roofer, miner, farmer, aircraft pilot, and garbage collector. Believe it or not, twice as many farmers are killed on duty as cops. (40 deaths per 100K, versus 19 deaths per 100K) http://www.bls.gov/iif/oshcfoi1.htm/#2012
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby patches70 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:19 pm

They released a picture of the cop who shot Brown-

show
Private patches70

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:43 pm

Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:56 pm

Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:08 am

Major Phatscotty

Postby shickingbrits on Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:32 am

Phatscotty wrote:Image

Phatscotty, I thought you'd be taller.
Sergeant shickingbrits

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:18 am

A couple of witnesses have come forward or recorded this account. If anything, I think possibly one of the biggest mistakes the night of the shooting, by ALL accounts, Brown being told to 'Freeze' and ignoring the order to freeze, not to mention everyone's story either way verifies the fact that Brown was indeed heading straight towards the police offier. Some say with his hands up, other witnesses say his hands were up in the way a boxer keeps his 'hands up', just under eye level. Whatever happened for whatever reason, he should have froze. If there is one thing parents should talk to their kids about more, it's that when an officer tells you to freeze, you had better listen up and freeze! Of all the police orders that can be given, the order telling someone to freeze is one of the most important. Not listening to that freeze order can easily put you in a really bad way in immediate fashion. Not getting into whether it's justified or not, but there is a lot to say, think, feel, and speculate just what is going through a person's mind when told to freeze, they start coming at you. That's one reason I loosely speculate the possibility of PCP. People put PCP in their weed all the time, it's a popular mixture. If that turns out to be the case, it could certainly explain a lot.

Witness, Michael Brown ‘bum rushed’ cop
He pulled up ahead of them. And then he got a call-in that there was a strong-arm robbery. And, they gave a description. And, he’s looking at them and they got something in their hands and it looks like it could be what, you know those cigars or whatever. So he goes in reverse back to them. Tries to get out of his car. They slam his door shut violently. I think he said Michael did. And, then he opened the car again. He tried to get out. He stands up. And then Michael just bum-rushes him and shoves him back into his car. Punches him in the face and them Darren grabs for his gun. Michael grabbed for the gun. At one point he got the gun entirely turned against his hip. And he shoves it away. And the gun goes off. Well, then Michael takes off and gets to be about 35 feet away. And, Darren’s first protocol is to pursue. So, he stands up and yells, “Freeze!” Michael and his friend turn around. And Michael taunts him… And then all the sudden he just started bum-rushing him. He just started coming at him full speed. And, so he just started shooting. And, he just kept coming.
Major Phatscotty

Postby mrswdk on Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:16 am

He pulled up ahead of them. And then he got a call-in that there was a strong-arm robbery. And, they gave a description. And, he’s looking at them and they got something in their hands and it looks like it could be what, you know those cigars or whatever. So he goes in reverse back to them. Tries to get out of his car. They slam his door shut violently. I think he said Michael did.

When you say 'witness' are you sure you don't mean 'someone repeating what the cop told them'?
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:09 pm

Dukasaur wrote:The police Israelis always justify their aggressive stance by the risks they allegedly take. "We just want to make sure all our people get home safe," are safe from rockets," is the commonly-heard cliche. The myth is of the cop Israelis constantly under the gun, rockets, but in fact they are not.

agreed
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby DaGip on Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:37 pm

Army of GOD wrote:This thread is now about my large penis
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:33 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:The police Israelis always justify their aggressive stance by the risks they allegedly take. "We just want to make sure all our people get home safe," are safe from rockets," is the commonly-heard cliche. The myth is of the cop Israelis constantly under the gun, rockets, but in fact they are not.

agreed

Oh wow, 'reflexive logic' is a bitch, isn't it, Dukasaur?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:47 am

Well whatdoyaknow....another day passes, and mindful Americans can START to look at what happened that night in Ferguson, as opposed to the emotionally manipulated racist barbarian pawns who base everything on the color of people's skin.

Officer Darren Wilson Suffered Facial Fracture In Fight With Michael Brown
http://www.inquisitr.com/1421156/fergus ... ael-brown/

Oh yeah, also the autopsy has been released, 2 autopsies actually, and neither show evidence that Brown was shot in the back. And another thing, there are 4 witnesses who say Brown had his hands up high in the air and was just trying to surrender, there are at least 13 other witnesses, who were scared to speak up (yah, that's justice!) who tell their accounts that Brown had his hands up, but not in the air, he had his hands up like a boxer, and that Brown was 'bumrushing' the cop

One thing all the witnesses agree on is that Brown did in fact approach the police officer as he was repeatedly told to freeze and repeatedly ignored the order.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:25 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:

agreed

Not really. Parallels there may be, but very significant differences.

Criminals in America generally aren't organised into paramilitary organisations, they don't have their local priest actively recruiting new soldiers for them, and they don't generally get funding from billionaire oil sheiks. (Yes, all three statetements may have the occasional exception, especially the first, but I think we can agree that as a general rule the typical schizophrenic junkie living in a tenement in Binghampton is not a credible threat to the SWAT team with bulletproof vests that comes looking for him.)
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:15 am

Dukasaur wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:

agreed

Not really. Parallels there may be, but very significant differences.

No one who matters agrees with you -

And it’s not just the narrative that’s similar. Barghouti also pointed out on Twitter that the same Pennsylvania-based company, Combined Tactical Systems, whose tear gas and other crowd control products are used in the West Bank, are now being used in Ferguson. Another arms company that supplied Ferguson police with tear gas–and to Israel–is Defense Technology.

http://www.yesmagazine.org/peace-justic ... cial-media

How do you think, Dukusaur, it would go over if you showed up at a protest in Ferguson waving an Israeli flag? Honestly? Everyone in the sociopolitical segment you're supporting rejects your views about "Israel," and - more importantly - that rejection is at the forefront of their worldview. It's like how people who oppose Israel also get some hangers-on from neo-Nazi groups. They're not wanted but they are there anyway and no one can get rid of them. You're the equivalent of a neo-Nazi to the Fergies; the disreputable character they don't want but can't get rid of ...

That's the dilemma that exists when you support Israel. You have to sign-up for the whole right-wing meal, there's no a la carte option. They've constructed such a wobbling Jenga tower of ideology and cliches to reconcile their various contradictions that you have to go all-in or be exposed as a hypocrite. (The same isn't true of the Palestinian side which is flexible - you have pro-Palestinian/anti-Hamas supporters, pro-Fatah/anti-Hamas, pro-Hamas, conservative, liberal, whatever.)
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:01 am

Further demonstration of Dukusaur's ideological incoherence -

National Review wrote:The former chairman of the New Black Panther Party and the president of Black Lawyers for Justice told Missouri Highway Patrol captain Ron Johnson, who is overseeing policing efforts in Ferguson, that his groups, along with the Nation of Islam, are controlling the situation in the embattled city. Johnson said Shabazz was “absolutely correct” that those groups helped control the demonstrations, although he said he did not know the names of those groups at the time.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/38 ... son-andrew

Slate wrote:How Did the Head of the New Black Panther Party Become a Peacemaker in Ferguson?

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2014/ ... er_in.html

ADL wrote:Shabazz ... also said "Zionism is racism, Zionism is terrorism, Zionism is colonialism, Zionism is Imperialism ...

http://archive.adl.org/anti_semitism/sh ... _RQdWPgVo4

The man "in charge" of the demonstrations Duk supports believes (correctly) that Zionism is racist terrorism. This is the dilemma in which genocide supporters like Dukusaur will always find themselves:

- Support Israel, you have to support the Ferguson cops and believe Obama was born in Kenya to a transexual Martian, or else you're a hypocrite. The inflexible way Israel has made its demands for legitimacy, in solid blacks and whites, in terms of "attack results in retaliation x 20" and in which it's enunciated these positions exclusively through surrogates like Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity and Pamela Geller (all Israel supporters among thought leaders are, today, supporting the Ferguson cops), has constructed an ideological cage for its supporters.

- Oppose Israel and you can support the Ferguson cops, or oppose the Ferguson cops. The case against Israel is a simple one that's presented in two sentences and isn't built on a teetering tower of supplementary positions, exemptions, and corollaries - each asterisk a chance to expose an inconsistency.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby mrswdk on Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:11 am

Wrong thread.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:29 am

THIS IS NOW A ISRAEL/PALESTINE THREAD
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby shickingbrits on Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:39 pm

Sergeant shickingbrits

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:11 am

Exactly. Even the guy who was right there filming has absolutely no idea if the person is dead or not, but notice how he will swear the guy was dead and that he knew for sure from 200 feet away one eye in the camera....but guess what the story to tell is? 'The handcuffed him after they killed him!" Anyways, the guy was only filming in the first place because he knew some serious shit was about to go down, not based on the police who were not even there, but based on the suicidal person that the camera man even knows is about to snap. Dude was clearly a ticking time bomb.
Major Phatscotty

Postby shickingbrits on Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:09 am

The guy was agitated. The guy filming didn't help. His comment that the guy was crazy as he walked by, the camera rolling and the crowd probably made the guy want to give a show. You can see this when Powell turns to the crowd after telling the police to shoot him (which I would suggest was due to the nearby Brown incident, not his intent at suicide by police).

They handcuffed him after they killed him. I have no real problem with this, it's protocol. But suggesting that someone isn't dead after being shot multiple times in the kill zone at pointblank range is justing fishing. He moved his arm slightly after the shooting ceased and then stopped.

I have three main problems with this. 1. No warning shot, no attempt to tase him or doing anything other than point guns at him and then shoot to kill. There were many ways that the guy could have been dealt without multiple kill zone shots. The police should and do have the training and the tools to deal with the situation non-lethally. If I called in a plumber for a blocked toilet and he ripped out my main, flooded my house, billed me ten grand and said, just needed some draino, I wouldn't recommend that plumber.

2. The police feel this video justifies the killing. Proudly presenting this video as evidence of a justifiable shooting is quite ridiculous. If it were Bad Boy records showing their newbies how to make a statement, it would make some sense. The police should not be trying to give the impression of "we will gun you done if you give us any excuse." Even Bad Boy records would use greater restraint if their previous shooting days before had caused riots. The police, from the guy on the street to the guy who said, we have this great video that vindicates us, should be retrained. This video could be a vetting tool. Anyone who thinks that the police acted within the social compass of their authority should be denied entry to police academy.

3. People who try to justify the police through this video. If you feel that the video justifies the shooting, you need to take a long hard look at your ideology. The concept that any potential threat can be met with deadly force is asking for trouble. If the threat is of a speeding car, we don't blow up a bridge to stop it. If the police make the wrong choice and a man dies as a consequence, then they have to be commensurate consequences. If a car swerves to avoid a careening oil tanker and breaks a mans leg, it was a justifiable act. If a car swerves to avoid a pigeon and rams through a group of kids on a field trip, killing eight, then it was not. And as a driver you are required to be prepared to make just such a decision, just as in becoming a police officer requires you to prepare for this situation.

Justice is the fair and equal treatment of all. When one group becomes more equal then others and it is codified, then justice becomes impossible and anarchy will reign. When police feel justified in using the ultimate deterrent to escalate a situation instead of using means to de-escalate it, they are aren't doing their jobs. They are creating social turmoil and making reactionary violence more prevalent. And should be held accountable for it.
Sergeant shickingbrits

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:36 am

Meanwhile, in Sweden ...

To control the commotion, police moved in on the protesters with horses and armored vehicles, one of which ran over an activist. A group of people blocking a street refused to disperse, after which mounted police rode in full gallop into the crowd. Another witness told Aftonbladet that police had ridden over a man, only to return and ride over him again as he lay injured in the street.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... orses.html

Corporal saxitoxin

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,