Conquer Club

Why is the US constantly sowing discord in South China Sea?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Why is the US constantly sowing discord in South China Sea?

Postby mrswdk on Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:19 pm

http://en.people.cn/n/2015/0205/c98649-8846222.html

The US 7th Fleet Commander Robert Thomas recently stated that the United States would welcome a Japanese extension of air patrols into the South China Sea. The Pentagon subsequently expressed support for this statement and said this would help to maintain stability in the South China Sea.

We all know the South China Sea is not peaceful. In recent decades, several countries surrounding the region have been eroding Chinese territory and violating China's economic rights and interests in the region.

Meanwhile, the United States pushes its 'rebalancing'strategy in the Asia-Pacific region and expands its military presence in the region . For some time, the Unites States has not only conducted close surveillance over China, but also expanded its alliances and partnerships in the region.

The Unites States is an obvious agitator in the South China Sea disputes, which would be resolved through direct negotiation without US interference.

Senior US military officials and officials of the Department of Defense are now encouraging Japan to get involved in South China Sea affairs. Their objectives are as follows:

First, by expanding the internationalization of the South China Sea, to exert more international pressure on China; second, through a joint show of force by the United States and Japan, to upgrade the deterrent to China; third, sending a signal to the other parties involved that they have no need to rely on diplomatic means to seek mutual benefits; they can depend on the interference of the United States.

The United States has nothing more to offer than continued dominance in East Asia. It appears to take the view that neither China nor any of the other countries which are actually located in this region are entitled to develop rules that apply there. China only seeks to safeguard its legitimate rights and interests of national sovereignty, and does not seek any special entitlements. The South China Sea has historically belonged to China, and its neighboring countries have accepted that as a fact in the past.

The United States has repeatedly encouraged Japan to patrol in the region, an indication that it hopes to take advantage of the Sino-Japanese conflict to hinder independent consultations between China and the ASEAN countries.

In the name of regional stability, the United States is sowing discord in the South China Sea. It will not succeed in its attempts to dominate the region, and the East Asian countries should realize that achieving regional development and security depend on cooperation.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Re: Why is the US constantly sowing discord in South China S

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:14 pm

Why is the CCP laying claim to 7 other countries waters and building false islands solely to challenge for naval rights?
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:14 pm

I don't have any opinion on the West Philippine Sea.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby muy_thaiguy on Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:58 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Why is the CCP laying claim to 7 other countries waters and building false islands solely to challenge for naval rights?
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby notyou2 on Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:06 pm

nietzsche wrote:
notyou2 wrote:Why is the US constantly sowing discord in South China Sea?

Because they have resources to spend.
Captain notyou2

Postby DaGip on Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:40 pm

China is AWESOME! What's so bad about China? I don't get it? China has been in the China SOuth Sea longer than America...so what's the big deal? Taiwan is full of KMT terrorists. THEY ARE CHINESE! NOT TAIWANESE! GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK AMERICAN PIG SKULLS!

I don't want discord with China and the inhabitants of the South China Sea. I would rather we leave China the f*ck alone! China has secret weapons that would f*ck America up!

Like this wonderful Hot and Sour soup! I believe it is part of some type of communist mind control...I can't stop eating the stuff!

Army of GOD wrote:This thread is now about my large penis
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby mrswdk on Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:26 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Why is the CCP laying claim to 7 other countries waters and building false islands solely to challenge for naval rights?

Historically China has always been the dominant force in the region, and was recognised by its regional partners as such. It is only now, with far-removed powers such as the US getting involved and stirring the pot that tension has arisen. Quite why a government located in North America feels it has anything to do with relations between East and SE Asian countries is beyond me.

Do you support US claims to places like Guam and American Samoa? How about French claims to French Guyana?
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Vinyl-Taliban on Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:49 am

It's also interesting to note that current US policy towards long-term ally Thailand has pushed Thailand closer to China.

Military exercises with the US have been scaled back in favour of a deeper,wider parnership with China.

There's lots going on in the region for China to capitalise on IMO.
Major Vinyl-Taliban

Postby waauw on Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:22 am

The United States has nothing more to offer than continued dominance in East Asia. It appears to take the view that neither China nor any of the other countries which are actually located in this region are entitled to develop rules that apply there. China only seeks to safeguard its legitimate rights and interests of national sovereignty, and does not seek any special entitlements. The South China Sea has historically belonged to China, and its neighboring countries have accepted that as a fact in the past.

What a bunch of propaganda. This piece alone says enough about what type of article this is. Yes the US is enforcing discord between China and its neighbours, but those neighbours seek out US support all on their own. The chinese claims in the region are laughable. The chinese seek to claim all land that was theirs, when their empire was at their biggest. If every former empire would do this, there would be no end to disputes. China lost dominance in the South-china sea more than 200 years ago and is still crying about it. Why? Purely because it wants to take all the gas, oil and fish.

The views of China nor any other country in the region are entitled to develop rules that apply there?? China is actively trying to force its neighbours into submission.

piece of article from Philippine newspaper:
http://globalnation.inquirer.net/102031/ph-case-vs-china-a-model-for-intl-sea-disputes/

The Philippines filed on March 30 its 4,000-page memorial, a pleading that details the merits of its case against China, angering China, which issued strongly worded statements condemning the action.

China has refused to take part in the proceedings.

Beijing has long been opposed to international litigation, insisting on bilateral negotiations that it again pressed on the Philippines last week, saying the arbitration bid ā€œseriously damagedā€ relations between the two sides.

Cuisia made an indirect response to this in his remarks, saying: ā€œIt is my view that by taking the legal route, the Philippines is setting an international precedent whereby states have other viable options to resolving maritime cases other than in an asymmetrical negotiation, where the big and militarily strong nation would dominate the smaller nation at the negotiating table.ā€

He said the legal action was a win-win solution to the dispute, serving to set straight Chinaā€™s maritime entitlements, clarify the Philippinesā€™ rights to fishing, resources and law enforcement in the West Philippine Sea, and, for the international community, ā€œassure peace, security, stability and freedom of navigation in the South China Sea.ā€
Lieutenant waauw

Postby mandalorian2298 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:40 am

AndyDufresne wrote:I don't have any opinion on the West Philippine Sea.

--Andy

This, right here! This the problem with the world today! It's not the people like the West Philippine Sea (they are who they are) it all those liberals like Andy who are too scared to call the West Philippine Sea out, so instead they just turn the blind eye, allow the West Philippine Sea to do or say as they please and the consequences fall on the head of the average, hard working Chinese people.

I, for one, think that the West Philippine Sea should get a f-ing grip, get over itself and stop causing trouble. And, BTW, could we all just FOR ONCE get over the PC bullshit and call the the West Philippine Sea what it is - a lake. It is all well and good that the West Philippine Lake is feeling like a sea :roll: , and that the government suits are falling over themselves to kiss and make it better and change it's name, but I refuse to buy into their bulshit and start calling it sea because IT HAS NO SEAGULLS!!!!!! ](*,) ](*,) #-o

That's all that I have to say about the subject and I'm not going to argue any more. If any of you care at all what experts have to say about this please go to http://www.west-philippine-lake.jennymcarthystruth.org and maybe educate yourself a bit. Peace.
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby DaGip on Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:18 am

One word: Union.
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby mrswdk on Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:24 am

waauw wrote:The chinese seek to claim all land that was theirs, when their empire was at their biggest.

Right before they were repeatedly attacked by the colonial powers and a lot of that territory was snatched from them. SE Asia, much like the Middle East, Africa or Indian subcontinent, is still marred by the borders imposed by Western imperialism. The current changes are just equilibrium slowly restoring itself.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:34 am

Fun Fact: the Philippine Constabulary Band was the lead military unit in William Howard Taft's inaugural parade in 1909.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby GoranZ on Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:32 am

Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, California,
mrswdk wrote:Guam and American Samoa

Many examples from where Chinese to learn how Democratic nations do it. After all isn't US main goal to spread Democracy to the world? I presume Chinese accepted few lessons :lol:
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby DaGip on Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:33 pm

GoranZ wrote:

Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, California,
mrswdk wrote:Guam and American Samoa

Many examples from where Chinese to learn how Democratic nations do it. After all isn't US main goal to spread Democracy to the world? I presume Chinese accepted few lessons :lol:

Hawaii...The Black Hills

The United States surely is superior because it uses "democracy" to "legally" obtain territory it deems valuable.

However, China is the bad guy because they look to embrace territories that used to be part of the Chinese Empire, but provocation from colonialists has torn the great camaraderie asunder.

If the Native Americans decided to take back the Black Hills that were illegally stolen from them, the colonialists would want to make the Sioux Indians into the bad guys too.

American Indians stand with China because we came from China.

Look at the Native American and those within Central Asia:

ImageImage

China had discovered America thousands of years ago.

Even the Hopi have similar traditions to the Mongols:

ImageImage

Hopi People often call their reservation New China. What would they mean by that? Because they already know from their prophecies that China is going to take back what was Her's. Anyone that is with the colonialists will be sent back to Europe to live in their caves. They will hide and lurk like the neanderthals they are!

ImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby GoranZ on Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:17 pm

DaGip wrote:American Indians stand with China because we came from China.

Look at the Native American and those within Central Asia

I'm curious did you guys identified with Japanese in WW2? You look similar to them also ;)
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby waauw on Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:17 pm

mrswdk wrote:
waauw wrote:The chinese seek to claim all land that was theirs, when their empire was at their biggest.

Right before they were repeatedly attacked by the colonial powers and a lot of that territory was snatched from them. SE Asia, much like the Middle East, Africa or Indian subcontinent, is still marred by the borders imposed by Western imperialism. The current changes are just equilibrium slowly restoring itself.

And right before that, well for much longer before that actually, the chinese conquered those territories and seas themselves. My point is, China is living in the past. It's ridiculous to use centuries old claims. They should get their nostalgic heads out of their asses. The islands in the far south of the South-china sea aren't even inhabited by chinese and those waters are far closer to the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia and Vietnam as opposed to China.

I don't approve of chinese behaviour in the south-china sea as much as I don't approve western behaviour in the middle-east. However I do support what the US government is doing in those parts of asia, offering a counterweight to china. At least that way, those countries have a choice which side they want to pick.

ps: After so many decades those country borders, imposed by western imperialism, have become embedded in culture. This is not Ukraine where there is only a 20 year disparity.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby DaGip on Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:34 pm

GoranZ wrote:
DaGip wrote:American Indians stand with China because we came from China.

Look at the Native American and those within Central Asia

I'm curious did you guys identified with Japanese in WW2? You look similar to them also ;)

No, because the Japanese were imperialistic bastards who decided to fight against the Asian Union...they are traitors of the worst kind. Your colonial, nationalistic governments can keep them as your play thing. Meanwhile, the real power will focus on the parents of the children that play with the toys.

Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:36 pm

Not sure if DaGip is trolling, or really is that ignorant of Asian relations throughout history (and claiming boats built by the very much NON-sea going Chinese thousands of years ago could have ever made it to North America). Considering throughout history, not only Japan, but nearly all East Asian countries fought each other. Some like China itself, even had Civil Wars that lasted generations (era of the Three Kingdoms being the most well known due to the book and various other incarnations).

Knowing DaGip's past on here, he's kind of "eccentric" when it comes to certain things, so...
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby _sabotage_ on Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:49 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:Not sure if DaGip is trolling, or really is that ignorant of Asian relations throughout history (and claiming boats built by the very much NON-sea going Chinese thousands of years ago could have ever made it to North America). Considering throughout history, not only Japan, but nearly all East Asian countries fought each other. Some like China itself, even had Civil Wars that lasted generations (era of the Three Kingdoms being the most well known due to the book and various other incarnations).

Knowing DaGip's past on here, he's kind of "eccentric" when it comes to certain things, so...

Haha.
Metsfanmax
Killing a human should not be worse than killing a pig.

It never ceases to amaze me just how far people will go to defend their core beliefs.
Captain _sabotage_

Postby mrswdk on Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:25 am

waauw wrote:After so many decades those country borders, imposed by western imperialism, have become embedded in culture.

Guys, guys. We were going to allow you to agree on your own borders, but since waauw says he really enjoyed Hotel Rwanda we've decided to stick with the status quo after all.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby waauw on Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:31 am

mrswdk wrote:
waauw wrote:After so many decades those country borders, imposed by western imperialism, have become embedded in culture.

Guys, guys. We were going to allow you to agree on your own borders, but since waauw says he really enjoyed Hotel Rwanda we've decided to stick with the status quo after all.

Hotel Rwanda is one of my favorite movies, so yes I did actualy enjoy it. Great movie.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby _sabotage_ on Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:38 am

Wauw, do you think the Chinese would be where they are today if not for the opium wars? Do you think China should ignore other foreign policies when constructing their own?
Metsfanmax

It never ceases to amaze me just how far people will go to defend their core beliefs.
Captain _sabotage_

Postby waauw on Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:46 am

_sabotage_ wrote:Wauw, do you think the Chinese would be where they are today if not for the opium wars? Do you think China should ignore other foreign policies when constructing their own?

question 1: Does it matter? Every former empire has made mistakes and done cruel things somewhere in their history. Now I can understand if people are still angry about things that happened recently, somewhere in the past few decades. But the opium wars was in the 19th century. A country shouldn't remain angry about things that happened so long ago, just as most of europe doesn't blame current day Germany for what happened in WWII.

question 2: Of course not, but I think they should at least try to settle things peacefully through negotiations. Trying to trap its neighbours individually in bilateral talks, just so they can bully them into taking their demands is unrespectful. South-east asian nations have long expressed they want to negotiate this multilaterally with ALL involved parties around the table, so as to minimize the muscle flexing.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby _sabotage_ on Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:18 am

1. Does history matter? Uh...

Do a timeline of Chinese history, see how far back the opium wars land on the timeline. I would state that until the last decade or so, China was directly affected by the policies enforced by the opium sales.

Most of the top universities in the US were opened with opium money. So, yes, it matters not only to China, but to the US.

2. You think that China should enter negotiations utterly naive of recent history? Interesting. You should write a letter suggesting they do so. Please show where China has bullied anyone.

In fact China usually proposes a mutually beneficial agreement for long term cooperation. Many disputes should have been handled by negotiation, but due to US interference, this wasn't possible. Kingsolver's book on the Congo provides a good read on how the US engages in negotiations. The Shock Doctrine is also a good read. The Church committee provides interesting insights on US foreign policy as well. If you think China is utterly ignorant of US foreign policy, please just say so. If not, then please don't make unreasonable demands of China in the face of reality.

China has been entering negotiations with a clear objective and yet people like you still call them a bully. If you are ignorant of the differences in US foreign policy and Chinese foreign policy, here's not a good place to embarrass yourself.
Metsfanmax

Captain _sabotage_

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,