Conquer Club

Germanwings flight

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Germanwings flight

Postby betiko on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:36 am

so this plane crashed a few miles away from my family house in the alps.. I was there last week and came back last week end.
From what I understand right now the copilot went berserk once the flight commander went to take a leak. I don't think there's anything more despiseful someone could do.
what are your theories?
Major betiko

Re: Germanwings flight

Postby riskllama on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:50 am

sad. apparently, there is no "2 crew member rule" on intra-european flights. whups...
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:03 am

France has asked the U.S. FBI to investigate the crash.

http://www.teinteresa.es/mundo/Francia- ... 68479.html

France is a nation of 60 million people, does it really not have the resources to investigate a plane crash?
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby betiko on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:29 am

saxitoxin wrote:France has asked the U.S. FBI to investigate the crash.

France is a nation of 60 million people, does it really not have the resources to investigate a plane crash?

no, if you can read spanish, what your article says is that france has asked the cooperation of the FBI to crosscheck passenger lists to see if anything was suspect there as they have nothing relevant on them. I have to say I had no idea some FBI agents were based overseas (france, spain and germany), I thought the FBI was purely operating on US soil... Why aren't they asking the CIA instead?
I don't see what's wrong to ask an ally if they got information on something that you could get quicker if you've got nothing. Anyways, this looks like a straight forward suicide to me.
Major betiko

Postby Symmetry on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:35 am

betiko wrote:

no, if you can read spanish, what your article says is that france has asked the cooperation of the FBI to crosscheck passenger lists to see if anything was suspect there as they have nothing relevant on them. I have to say I had no idea some FBI agents were based overseas (france, spain and germany), I thought the FBI was purely operating on US soil... Why aren't they asking the CIA instead?
I don't see what's wrong to ask an ally if they got information on something that you could get quicker if you've got nothing. Anyways, this looks like a straight forward suicide to me.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/international_operations
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:42 am

betiko wrote:

Yeah but why does France need the U.S. to investigate a German citizen flying a German aircraft that took-off from Spain and crashed in France? The timestamp on that story is after the "co-pilot crashed the plane" angle emerged.

Maybe the co-pilot called Angela Merkel on her mobile phone before they took off so the FBI has the telephone recordings.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby muy_thaiguy on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:51 am

saxitoxin wrote:
betiko wrote:

Yeah but why does France need the U.S. to investigate a German citizen flying a German aircraft that took-off from Spain and crashed in France? The timestamp on that story is after the "co-pilot crashed the plane" angle emerged.

Maybe the co-pilot called Angela Merkel on her mobile phone before they took off so the FBI has the telephone recordings.

The FBI, if I'm not mistaken, has a fairly extensive list on known and suspected terrorists and other threats.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby betiko on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:55 am

saxitoxin wrote:
betiko wrote:

Ok let's put it this way. You've got a deer that dies in your property. After a quick analysis you think it died because of a parasite. You got a friendly neighbour with a huge property living pretty close that knows a lot about this stuff and that might know something you don't. Wouldn't you try to ask him first what he thinks showing him a sample to make sure you are heading to the right conclusions?

ps: are you goranz's multi?
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:58 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
betiko wrote:

The FBI, if I'm not mistaken, has a fairly extensive list on known and suspected terrorists and other threats.

exactly. so if there is just the slight possibility that they could have intel we don't have on the passenger list, why the hell would we not ask? this is like pointing your finger at starsky and hutch for asking intel to the huggy bear.

Major betiko

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:18 pm

betiko wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
betiko wrote:

Ok let's put it this way. You've got a deer that dies in your property. After a quick analysis you think it died because of a parasite. You got a friendly neighbour with a huge property living pretty close that knows a lot about this stuff and that might know something you don't. Wouldn't you try to ask him first what he thinks showing him a sample to make sure you are heading to the right conclusions?

Good point.

Plus it probably helps if your friendly neighbor stays up until 2 a.m. every night watching your property with night vision goggles, and is reading your mail.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby betiko on Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:21 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
betiko wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
betiko wrote:

Good point.

Plus it probably helps if your friendly neighbor stays up until 2 a.m. every night watching your property with night vision goggles, has your phone tapped, and is reading your mail.

we also watch his property with night vision goggles and have his phone tapped while we read his mails, just like with all other neighbours.
Major betiko

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:22 pm

betiko wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
betiko wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
betiko wrote:

Good point.

Plus it probably helps if your friendly neighbor stays up until 2 a.m. every night watching your property with night vision goggles, has your phone tapped, and is reading your mail.

we also watch his property with night vision goggles and have his phone tapped while we read his mails, just like with all other neighbours.

sounds like a friendly neighborhood
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby notyou2 on Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:56 pm

My theory he took the opportunity to shoot heroin while the pilot went to piss and he OD'd. Passed out on the controls and voila.
Captain notyou2

Postby betiko on Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:57 pm

notyou2 wrote:My theory he took the opportunity to shoot heroin while the pilot went to piss and he OD'd. Passed out on the controls and voila.

no cause supposedly they hear him breathing and he is still controlling the airplane
Major betiko

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:18 pm

I heard there's no known crime connection.

Maybe he was just plain old suicidal and decided today was the day.

Of course, it's pretty early to be drawing conclusions. This is just speculation.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby GoranZ on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:45 pm

betiko wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
betiko wrote:

ps: are you goranz's multi?

For European plane assembled in France, France is calling FBI :shock:
Is there something you guys can do without assistance?
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:17 pm

GoranZ wrote:Is there something you guys can do without assistance?

call for assistance
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby nietzsche on Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:34 pm

I will assist betiko in this thread
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby GoranZ on Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:40 pm

nietzsche wrote:I will assist betiko in this thread

I presume FBI did the same for France as you are doing for betiko :lol:

saxitoxin wrote:
GoranZ wrote:Is there something you guys can do without assistance?

call for assistance

I presume not... FBI made the call, after all they know the French :)
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby betiko on Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:03 pm

Dukasaur wrote:I heard there's no known crime connection.

Of course, it's pretty early to be drawing conclusions. This is just speculation.

Well this is what i already stated in the op. I think there is probably a megalomaniac perversion that makes certain people go for the most melodramatic suicide possible.
But for this guy it s strange. I don t really understand how he could fit the profile... 28yo with no real history of anything wacky.. And the conversation with the flight commander was totally normal and friendly minutes before..
The flight commander goes to take a leak... And this copilot blocks the door and crashes the plane on purpose. I don t know.. It sounds like sudden madness... A deathwish that crossed his mind just like that. We ll need to wait to know more... But that is pretty scary that such thoughts can go through someone s mind and be so coldly executed..
Major betiko

Postby neanderpaul14 on Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:42 pm

betiko wrote:

Well this is what i already stated in the op. I think there is probably a megalomaniac perversion that makes certain people go for the most melodramatic suicide possible.
But for this guy it s strange. I don t really understand how he could fit the profile... 28yo with no real history of anything wacky.. And the conversation with the flight commander was totally normal and friendly minutes before..
The flight commander goes to take a leak... And this copilot blocks the door and crashes the plane on purpose. I don t know.. It sounds like sudden madness... A deathwish that crossed his mind just like that. We ll need to wait to know more... But that is pretty scary that such thoughts can go through someone s mind and be so coldly executed..

From what I've been reading I found this: "Lufthansa revealed that Lubitz’s training in 2009 had been briefly interrupted, but was resumed after “his suitability as a candidate was re-established”. Asked about the reason for the interruption, Spohr said he was not allowed to say."

So not sure what they're not saying right now but......
High score: 2724
/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby DaGip on Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:42 pm

I bet ya that when the pilot got locked out of the cockpit after taking a leak that he really shit his pants! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Army of GOD wrote:This thread is now about my large penis
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby betiko on Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:41 pm

neanderpaul14 wrote:
betiko wrote:

From what I've been reading I found this: "Lufthansa revealed that Lubitz’s training in 2009 had been briefly interrupted, but was resumed after “his suitability as a candidate was re-established”. Asked about the reason for the interruption, Spohr said he was not allowed to say."

So not sure what they're not saying right now but......

Yeah read something like that but since they aren t even explaining what it was... A lot of speculations at this point.
Major betiko

Postby mrswdk on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:16 pm

The moral of the story: fly Hainan or China Southern.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:20 pm

mrswdk wrote:The moral of the story: fly Hainan or China Southern.

I thought the moral of the story is never trust the Germans
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,