Conquer Club

Da Eclipse

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Da Eclipse

Postby jonesthecurl on Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:40 pm

KoolBak wrote:well shit...OC is 3 miles from my house but I'll be 150 miles away in Prineville :( You and all yer brit friends wanna come redneck camping? :lol:

Damn...when you heading home? And to date, DDS still hasn't made it down to see me so I see where I rate....lol

I can't see my friends doing camping of any sort... Mrs thecurl and I did a tarpaulin shelter thing in Colorado a couple of years ago, there was a time (several decades ago) when I wandered a lot walkabout style, with just a tinfoil blanket and a plastic exposure bag. Getting a bit creaky for all that these days. Doesn't look like we'll meet up this time, but one of the reasons for the trip is to see some new places - if we like it we'll be back sometime.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby Symmetry on Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:42 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:
2dimes wrote:Jones you are aware that Portland is slightly north of the 100% zone, yes?

Yeah we have a ticket for some fairground where a science event is being held for the crucial moment.

Sounds like a pitch for a horror movie.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby jonesthecurl on Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:58 pm

Symmetry wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:
2dimes wrote:Jones you are aware that Portland is slightly north of the 100% zone, yes?

Yeah we have a ticket for some fairground where a science event is being held for the crucial moment.

It's OK. Dr Apocalypse has promised the werewolves are all under control.

Postby Symmetry on Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:12 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:

I'm not sure I trust Dr Apocalypse, or his manservant.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:28 am

Symmetry wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:

I'm not sure I trust Dr Apocalypse, or his manservant.

Typical. Just because he has a hunchback and a squint. And six fingers on his left hand. And the number 666 tattooed on his forehead...

Postby KoolBak on Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:32 am

Jonezy....actually trying to talk the fam out of the drive to c oregon....roads already backed up and I expect the 3 hour drive to turn into more like 12+...gas stations running out of fuel, dogs and cats living together....the horror....lol

#1 would you actually like to meet? Just assuming ;o) #2, if yes, and we are in town, be cool to say meet you at a local bar or something. Course it IS Oregon City....lmao. Most of the bars are the dives I prefer....not upscale English Pubs, so...there is that...lol.

Will pm you my phone for texting, etc, should this work out...dds and I already have each others' numbers so we'll keep in the loop. If nothing else, have a great time brother ;o)

ps...looks like the state fairgrounds is hosting an event in Salem, about 50 miles south...if thats where you're going, leave early....lol. Gonna be a fooking nightmare....
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby Thorthoth on Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:29 pm

Sure, if you're there, watch it. ...but don't waste a lot of time/money traveling to see it. Especially now in the age of video.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:35 pm

KoolBak wrote:Jonezy....actually trying to talk the fam out of the drive to c oregon....roads already backed up and I expect the 3 hour drive to turn into more like 12+...gas stations running out of fuel, dogs and cats living together....the horror....lol

#1 would you actually like to meet? Just assuming ;o) #2, if yes, and we are in town, be cool to say meet you at a local bar or something. Course it IS Oregon City....lmao. Most of the bars are the dives I prefer....not upscale English Pubs, so...there is that...lol.

Will pm you my phone for texting, etc, should this work out...dds and I already have each others' numbers so we'll keep in the loop. If nothing else, have a great time brother ;o)

ps...looks like the state fairgrounds is hosting an event in Salem, about 50 miles south...if thats where you're going, leave early....lol. Gonna be a fooking nightmare....

Yeah, my personal taste is for a dive bar unless I'm eating. Mrs tc doesn't share my taste, which is sometimes cool if I just wanna go out on my own for a while... not sure what the plans are in Oregon City, will be meeting the UK crowd tomorrow (staying in Klamath Falls tonight) so can give an update after some discussion. Yeah, I'd love to get a beer or twenty with you, depends somewhat on the other guys.

Yeah we're at the Salem fairground thing, which is totally booked up and has a waiting list too. BTW I stopped on the way up in Weed (cool name) which was basically shut apart from the t-shirt shop selling "I love Weed" shirts, and I saw that there's an eclipse party thing at, um, the place you were going (I forget the name of the place).

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:53 am

You got the Pioneer Pub on Main St, if that's still around. Half country bar/half...Club? Not sure what to call it. Cool bar though. Another bar practically next to it I use to frequent. Couple ex league pool players use to gather around there if you're into pool, karaoke and really about it. (Forgot the name of the bar). Right across from the court house.
Further down Main St you have the Ice House. Pool tables, darts, slot machines, food...Ice House is probably the best on Main St.

If you follow McLoughlin Blvd up the hill, you have the Falls View tavern. Pretty cool little place if you want to relax outside and what not. Not my kind of bar but worth checking out. Have another across the street from it that I never looked at.

You'll probably have to Google Maps this, I haven't been here for years, but the one time I stopped in the place was packed for a UFC fight. Place I think is called was Lil' Cooperstown. I could be wrong, but I had fun there.

Think that's it worth mentioning in my experience.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby KoolBak on Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:18 am

Those are all good suggestions DDS. The place across from the Falls is now an upscale scottish type whisky / cigar bar...not my cuppa. Ice House is a good one...used to be Hogies which was a real dump...now much nicer. Spent a lot of time there before...Mcanulty & Barrys is good....Coney Island is awesome for picking up whores and buying drugs....lmao (spent way too much time there!). Trails End is awesome on tuesdays for the music and tacos....

That pool bar by the courthouse....used to be questionable?

Say Ice House is a good clean dive bar with pool....sundays is a bloody mary bar thats killer..... :D

pm w/ contact info sent...

AND:

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:03 pm

K falls? Gross

Btw if you're in Salem you're like 40 minutes away from me.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby karel on Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:11 pm

lol all i can say
Corporal karel

Postby KoolBak on Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:58 am

? Interesting. Too nice of a thread for ya, zeke?

AND:

Postby karel on Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:39 pm

just have better things to do instead of standing around looking at the sky
Corporal karel

Postby jusplay4fun on Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:49 am

as of now, cloud cover predicted over much of Eastern and Central USA, but Oregon is going to have clear skies for Da Eclipse......

Bad for us in VA, (Eastern USA) but I plan to go see the 85% somwhere with other intereste folks

JP4F
Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby notyou2 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:39 am

Stand an egg on it's small end. Oh wait, maybe that's the summer solstice.
Captain notyou2

Postby KoolBak on Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:16 am

karel wrote:just have better things to do instead of standing around looking at the sky

Like posting here? :lol:

AND:

Postby notyou2 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:15 pm

Like.
Captain notyou2

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:37 am

KoolBak wrote:
karel wrote:just have better things to do instead of standing around looking at the sky

Or just...Ya know...Bails out the last minute. :P
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby riskllama on Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:32 am

KoolBak wrote:

was thinking the very same thing, KB...
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby KoolBak on Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:04 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:
KoolBak wrote:

Or just...Ya know...Bails out the last minute. :P

Actually was home in time.... but not legal to drive and my dd was gone. Need a dui like I need a hole in the head.... lol. Dammit....good on you for manning up tho.....

AND:

Postby 2dimes on Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:29 am

You talked me into it.

Thorthoth wrote:Sure, if you're there, watch it. ...but don't waste a lot of time/money traveling to see it. Especially now in the age of video.

Just like sex.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:45 pm

I traveled to the Science Museum of Virginia in Richmond and it was CRAZY there. SO my back up plan was to go to a rural Library in the middle of ...NO where and GOT my glasses, saw at least two people I knew (one is a former student of mine, who is now a teacher) and had a good time. The glasses worked great and I even tried my pinhole "camera" of two paper plates. That worked great too. I was hoping it would be a bit darker, but at 86% coverage of the sun, lots of light and energy came down on us. The path of totality was two states south in South Carolina.

I had a great time and was glad I went. My wife said that the 4 sets of pinhole "cameras" I made for her and her co-workers did well. Someone stopped by and brought the special glasses to her and her co-workers, so she got to see the same view I did, some 50 miles away. I wish I was in the path of totality, but was not that lucky. BUT it was still a very good event to view and participate in with about 200 other folks.

I then got back home to go out a little later to help feed some 35 needy and hungry people at my Church, a weekly event at my Church.

JP4Fun
Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:31 pm

It was pretty cool. Total eclipse in my area, i just sat outside and watched. Got cool and dark, really glad i got to see it in real life.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby ConfederateSS on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:59 pm

------I was in the 70% sector...I took pictures from my deck over the pool,with my lap top camera(I'm lazy,didn't want to transfer pics. later.2 birds with one stone. ;) )...I kept going from the Eclipse reflecting on the wavy pool water...To the sky...Using my screen to look at the Eclipse...I got some sweet pics...I know they sent 2 fighter jets to follow the event 8mins apart out of Houston...I don't know if it was one of them,or a jet out of Detroit metro airport...But I caught a jet flying right by the Eclipse...As it was happening,it got shadowy and windy,and the temp. dropped... 8-) :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D
Corporal 1st Class ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,